• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 764 Views, 5 Comments

Story of Ensis - Tyro96



Frozen in time Captain Ensis, finds himself awoken in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 764

Deal with a devil

The loud sound of the train coming to a stop wakes me as I look around to see Steel and Archive sleeping on the seats, Archive snoring loudly, while Steel has her head under a wing. I stand to see Lyra studying a large book, as I walk over to her she jumps, “Ensis don’t scare me I almost ripped the page out.”

“Sorry, so what is this book?” I say as I look over to it.

“Well it’s written in a foreign language but it seems to have maps and references to areas that we have yet to explore.”

“That has to suck but it seems like you understand the maps right?”

“Yes indeed my sponsor hired a pony for me who is great at reading maps” As she says this a earth pony comes from the restroom, with a black mane and grey eyes.

Looking at us he yawns rather loudly and rubs his eyes with heavy bags under them, “So this is the human”, he yawns again, “Well he looks fine enough I guess.” He then goes to an empty seat and falls to sleep.

“Sorry about him he is usually drunk, believe it or not but when he is drunk he is always the life of the party” Lyra says as she puts the book up. “Well we are almost at the gryphon city so get ready for some racism lately there has been tension between Equestria and the gryphon colonies.”

“How bad is it?”

“Well gryphons tend to be more war like and ponies are usually peaceful but see the gryphons as a threat so they treat them badly to try to keep them from cities.”

“How is that going to help they are just going to cause a war like that why don’t they just give them access to the mines also?”

“The ones in charge of the mines refuse since gryphons will take some of the profit so they deny them jobs or even a cut of the profit.”

“Great but what does that have to do with me?”

“Well the fact you are in a way a new political figure since you are a wild card, since they think you can either be a problem or a solution.”

“Lovely, but I don’t plan on being a puppet for some government.” I sigh as the train stops, and I hear Archive fall from his seat with a loud thud.

“Ok I’m up, I’m up.” Archive says still half asleep, “Hey Steel wake up you might get to see the human shower I know you want to see know about the human body.” He then says teasing her, while getting me too slightly to red from both annoyance and embarrassment.

“There is no way I can Archive besides I doubt he would let me.” Steel says groaning as she stretches and gets up to see me looking at them. “Umm Ensis sorry he… Well… It’s because I need to do research on humans for my paper.” She says obviously lying but I let it slide.

I sigh as I decide to look into my rucksack for clothing. “Fuck, that’s right I don’t have any spares I gave it to Rarity.” I scold myself; I then walk to Lyra, “Is there somewhere I can shower?

”At the apartments we plan on getting some rest since the rest of the trip is gonna be on hoof.” She says as she starts putting things in a saddle bags on both sides. She then walks towards the door of the train, “Guys come on we got to get going.”

I follow behind readying myself for the stares I will receive. As I walk off the train I hear someone running at me I turn to see a gryphon with white feathers and silver fur running at me with a sword at his side and as he gets close I grab my walking stick and set it to sword mode and swing. The two swords clash against each other as he swings his also to counter my blade. I look at the gryphon who charges once again shouting, “Death to the Equestrian followers!” I bring up my sword just in time to block his sword. I counter with a swift punch to the gryphons face sending him back a step. I then rush forward and slide my sword into his arm, as the blade enters I switch it into axe mode, causing the bone to break, sending him down in pain.

“Stay down if you know what’s best for you, gryphon.” I say to him as I wipe the blade clean of the blood upon the legging of my pants. As I switch my weapon to its default mode the police run over.

“We are sorry about him sir, we have a terrorist group try to incite wars.” They say without looking at me, as they take the bleeding gryphon to a carriage.

“Lyra, how often will we be attacked?” I ask her as I get back with the group who ran towards a building when the fight started.

“Well after that probably often including wild animals and now gryphons.” She says letting out a loud sigh. She then motions us towards a large building, “This is where we shall be spending the day, at Paradise Falls.”

As I walk inside I see a short gryphon with feathers dyed bluish gray, with tan fur chewing gum looking at the group, “oh you’re that group of weirdoes obsessed with humans and stuff aren’t you?”

“What why I ought to beat you black and blue oh wait I only have half the work to do then, short stuff!” Lyra retorts, annoyed by her comment. The receptionist then scoffs at Lyra calling a security guard who quickly comes down to defuse the tension between Lyra and the receptionist then send us to our rooms. “I can’t believe her I am not a weirdo obsessed with humans they are just an interesting thing to study.” Lyra says as we stand outside the hallway of the rooms we rented.

“Well Lyra I get what you’re saying but remember I so far am the only one left so you are studying myths, what did you expect?” I tell her who then shoots me an angry glance, “Or you can find something at the ruins and rub it in their face also works.” With this though she turns to me and has a large smile.

“That’s right we can find some of your technology and that would be enough to keep funding me and get me some respect from the scientific community.” She the claps, or at least the pony equivalent of clapping, and runs into her room and informs Steel, “We are leaving at dawn tomorrow be ready.”

“What why dawn” I hear Steel groan.

“Because the sooner we get there the sooner we make some money.” Lyra shouts happily.

At the sound of money a pony with a white mane and blond hair walks towards us. “Hello you must be the, what was it again, oh yes human correct?”

“Yes I am why?”

“Well I might sponsor you if you share with me some of the money you earn from this.” Then as the pony talks about sponsors Lyra rushes out.

“You want to be a sponsor?” Lyra says happily as she greets him, “Well I’m Lyra Heartstrings, and you must be Prince Blue Blood correct?”

“Yes it is I the one and only Prince Blue Blood” he replies with a now overconfident tone of voice. “I’d be willing to fund the expenses for a boat so you can make it across the northern sea to your ruins.”

“Wait how did you know about where we are going?” Lyra asks shocked by his info.

“Well thanks to the press talking about how your human is going to create his own country thanks to that Tia has sent me here to watch over you so you don’t make a political mess.” He sighs afterwards and then looks at Lyra extending his hoof, “So do we have a deal?”

Lyra then shakes his hoof, “Deal.” At this Blue Blood smiles and walks over to me using magic to carry me with him a short distance.

“Human let’s be honest her you want your country back am I correct?” He says with a slight smirk, “And I want a position of power. You also will need money for this and connections both of which I have, do you see where I am going?”

“Yea I do but why leave your position as a prince?”

“It is nothing more than a title with no power, but it provides me friends in high places and friends who can get the job done.”

“So you want to be put in the government of the country, if I do make one that is?”

“Correct.” He then smiles slightly, “So will you do so?”

“Best idea to do so anyway so deal.” I nod my head and he then walks back to Lyra.

“Expect the boat at the docks tomorrow.”

“Thanks” Lyra says happily then turns and walks to me, “What did you do?”

“I might have just made a deal with the devil.”