• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 764 Views, 5 Comments

Story of Ensis - Tyro96



Frozen in time Captain Ensis, finds himself awoken in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 764

Chapter 1: A new world

My body feels heavy. "Where am I?” I ask myself as the light returns to my eyes as everything emerges from the darkness. Overhead I see bullets flying, my friends bodies falling into the frozen water. I then realize that I'm on the ground covered in snow. Soon I start processing the danger I’m in, and try to move only to discover my leg is pinned under a car. Using all the strength I can muster I move my leg out from under it. When I pull it out I see how moving my leg forced the bone through the skin causing me to bleed profusely. I then attempt to push the bone back into place, and I finally push the bone back inside I feel as though something is looking at me.

Then I see the beast in front of me its body is serpent like and seems to have other pieces of animals sewn into it. I panic and throw a grenade, from my rucksack, at this monstrosity which stands behind the car. As I watch the monster race towards me raising its clawed paw and as it reaches I hear the explosion go off. The car flies towards me and knocks the beast off. I then hear the ground break around me, as two voices shout from overhead at the beast, but before I can understand what was going on the ice bellow me splits apart sending me into the frozen waters bellow.

The frozen waters seem to claw at me, pulling me into the darkness, and numbing me of the pain I feel. “Well at least I won’t die in pain.” I say to myself, as the cold takes over. I then think back to how my friends would always laugh at me for learning Latin, how I would always be cold, and how I was picked the sword for my close range weapon, unlike trench knives the rest picked, so they would call me Glacialis Ensis also known as Icy Sword. “Talk about ironic,” I laugh to myself as I then think about how my parents always said I’ll do something big with my life, strange since I only just finished my training to become a officer. Though I know there must be something I must do, “There are no such things as an end for a man who chose to continue.” Well what do I do dad there is no way out of this mess. I laugh to myself one last time as everything fades into darkness.

I feel the time pass as I float asleep in the ice that has now frozen over my body. As the waves take me to warmer waters I feel something within start to stir causing me to begin to wake upon a beach still numb from the ice that has coated my body. I try to stand but find myself unable to do so, due to my broken leg, I settle for dragging myself towards the west, and towards what smells like food. I then doubt myself as I crawl, “Wasn't I trained to stay away from others in unknown territory?” I shake my head; no I’ll die without some help so this is my best bet.

As I drag my body through the mud and branches I come upon a cottage like house, I feel my heart skip a beat as I start to pick up the pace towards what is my only hope. As I approach the house I feel my body start to fail on me, “no, no I can’t die right here.” Despite how much my body hurts, screams, and bleeds I continue going and slam my fist upon the door to find myself out of energy and black out once again.

I wake once again but this time on a bed striped of my military coat, and my ruined pants leg ripped off with a cast upon my leg. I then remember how I crawled to this house, as I look around seeing my rucksack, rifle, and handgun. I go and grab my rucksack to see I still have my expansion stick; I press the handle to bring out a pole, then a sword, then a spear, and finally back into a pole and use it as a crutch to get up. Walking towards the door to opening it to see a quaint home that smells like a farm house, I winkle my nose from this smell but soon get over it, and make my way towards the living room to see a white rabbit. “Oh hey there lil’ guy what’s up?” only to see it motion towards me to go away. “Why you little punk if my leg was better I would cook you up into rabbit stew!” I shout at it, getting it to seem actually surprised by my reaction. It then pats the couch it was standing on. I smirk, “Good, I wasn't train to be a commander to be told to get lost by a rabbit.”

I then take my seat next to the rabbit. Who goes off into another room as I start relaxing, and I hear a voice from the room saying, “What is it Angel? Are you late with no time to say hello or good bye oh so late you must be, no? Umm do you need some food, or a bath? Oh the thing woke up?” Even from my distance I can hear a loud facepalm from I’m guessing was Angel who seems to have an owner. I can’t wait to see another person; I let out a loud sigh of relief as I close my eyes and stretch. “Umm… Hello my name is Fluttershy who or what are you?”

I say slightly confused, “Well I’m Captain Ensis, and I’m human why would you ask something so strange?” I open my eyes to see a large yellow pony with wings and long light pink hair in front of me. “Where am I?” I quietly say.

Author's Note:

Well this is my first story so sorry if it isn't that good most my inspiration is from Tallest Bronys "Man of War" so be sure to check his story out