• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 765 Views, 5 Comments

Story of Ensis - Tyro96



Frozen in time Captain Ensis, finds himself awoken in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 765

Chapter 2: Meeting Twilight

I stare at the pony in front of me, and as I try to understand what’s going and why it's speaking, “Umm… Well I don’t know what a human is, but I hope I can help you out.” As she finishes her sentence I find myself laughing.

“Right, so where is the camera? There is no way this is real.” I say this while searching for a camera.

“Can you not do that, if you don’t mind that is.” I hear the pony from behind me say quietly.

I give a defeated sigh while I look at the mess I made and I sit down, “I’m sorry but where am I?” I say solemnly. “You’re in Ponyville, well at the outskirts anyway” she says while looking at me. I sigh and get up and look at a mirror, and see I have a small scar across my lightly tan cheek, most likely from the beast I fought before I froze; my hair has a steel blue color with the tips frosted, and my eyes having a similar color design. “So do you have a map?” I ask, “I need to get back to my base.”

I see her go off into another room and I take a seat on the couch again, and take time to look at my leg and check my rucksack for any working gear; I manage to find my laptop and it’s charger inside its waterproof case, along with my two P22s, one ebony the other ivory, and another set of clothing. As I finish I see the pony come out of the room, “Well there isn't a map but I know where we can find one.” I give a slight smile, and get up using my pole for support, “Well do you mind taking me there uh… Sorry I didn't get your name.” “I’m Fluttershy” she says quietly almost squeaking. I then walk towards the door waiting on her.

As she walks me out of the house keeping her pace slow as I limp following her. After what feels like 30 minutes I see more buildings, “Fluttershy how are people going to react to me?” “Well Twilight will probably be interested in you as a subject since you’re probably the only human she has seen, Rarity will most likely be interested by your fashion designs, and Pinkie is going to throw you a party.” “So I’m going to be seen as a test subject, fashion model, and have a party. This can’t go wrong at all”

Making my way down to town I see a teal unicorn look at me in complete and utter shock, as she comes running to me. “Oh are you a human? Cause you look like a human.” She gasps when she looks at my hand,”You have fingers and hands no way that’s so awesome!” she then goes off rambling how she was right that humans existed to another pony.

“Wait what do you mean you were right humans existed we are, well were the dominate species on the planet?” I ask caught off guard about how people thought we didn't exist.

“Well there where ancient text and old paintings of your kind but that was it, but now that your hear I have proof that your kind exist I can fund my research on the ruins in the north”

“Wait so how far are the ruins?”

“About two months by foot, if you take shortcuts to get to the ocean. Then another month to get across the ocean to the ruins.”

“Umm… We need to get going Ensis Twilight wants to see you” I hear Fluttershy say from behind me.

“Alright, I’ll talk to you later.” I then get going towards the large tree

“Fluttershy, what’s with the big tree, or do you mean to tell me that is Twilight's house?”

“Why yes it is and it is also the library” I sigh and follow her as she begins to knock on the door, and has it answered by a purple pony, who then takes a long look at me.

“Mother of Celestia, I have to tell Celestia about this a new species of creature!”

“I am not a new species I am a human now what are you guys yes you look like ponies but last time I checked ponies don’t talk, have wings or magic either!” I say fed up with how I seem so strange.

“Ok so subject shows signs of violence,” I look up to see she is writing what I’m saying down on a letter.

“Twilight are you writing this down”

“Yes, I have to give a detailed report to the princess.”

I shake my head, “The princess, who is that?” As soon as I say this I get a loud gasp from both Fluttershy and Twilight.

“Only, the most important and powerful pony ever, in Equestria.” Twilight says to me, “Spike come here and send this letter.”

“I’m coming I’m coming hold one Twilight,” I hear coming from inside the house and see a overgrown lizard coming out from the house, “Dear Celestia what are you” he says points a claw at me.

“What am I, I should ask what you are.” I retort to the lizard

“I’m a dragon” he responds looking offended.

“Great a dragon, you know what I'm just about done.” I throw my hands up and start walking off and as I head away I feel something lift me and see a purple aura lifting me into the air. “Aw come on now this isn't fair, and don’t you tell me this is magic, don’t even think about saying it.”

“But it is magic” Twilight says as she puts me back in front of the door

“So magic, dragons, let me guess there are many dungeons also?” I sigh as I am ushered into the tree house, since we have been getting stares from other ponies, and Fluttershy seems as though she will pass out from the attention.

“Well there are some but first I need to know about you before I can show you them.” Twilight replies, most likely unaware of my sarcasm.

“Fine what do you want to know?”

“Name, age, if you are really a human, and where did you come from?”

“Ensis Glacialis, twenty three, and yes I’m human, and I came from the far north around the North Pole to be more exact” I sigh, “anything else?”

“How come you seem so surprised by ponies talking we always could talk, and why are you wearing clothing are you going somewhere special?”

“Ok well it might be since I was frozen in ice, but last time I saw a pony it didn't talk and humans always wear clothing we like to be decent.”

“Spike, send the letter now” she then levitates the letter to spike who then burns it with green fire.

“Wait what he just burned the letter how is that sending it?”

“Oh don’t be silly that’s how I send mail.”

“This is gonna be a long day” I mumble to myself as the two ponies start talking amongst themselves about what Celestia will do about me. “Great I’m now gossip also.”