• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 1,304 Views, 34 Comments

A Tyrant Uplifted - ToneCraft



A unicorn tries to right some past wrongs.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,304

Prince Blueblood

Author's Note:

SPOILER ALERT!!!

This chapter contains major spoilers from the movie Die Hard.





That is all.

"Who are you, some Equestrian who saw too many movies as a colt?" The green unicorn said through a transceiver carried by Rough Charger. "Think you're some kind of hero like Brawny Steed? Brave Gunner?"

"I'm more of a fan of Silver Streak, myself," Rough Charger responded. The earth pony's tan coat was caked with blood, from a firefight he'd just been through.

"Here it comes.." Lyra whispered to Sombra, prompting a 'shush' from BonBon.

"Do you think you really have a chance against us, Mr. Cowpony?" Handsome Charmer asked him, spite in his voice.

"Yippie ki yay, mother bucker!" Lyra said with the pony on the screen.

"Shh!" BonBon hissed at Lyra, while Sombra kept watching, eyes fixed to the movie.

------

"Handsome Charmer was doomed to failure from the start," Sombra commented at the end of the movie.

"What do you mean?" Lyra asked him, "He nearly had Rough Charger on a number of occasions."

"Oh yeah?" Sombra countered, "His plan had nothing to do with Rough Charger. That was a fluke."

"Yeah, and if it weren't for that fluke, Charmer would've gotten away with it."

"And that's where you're wrong. He didn't think things through." The stallion smirked a bit, "How did he plan to get away?"

Lyra looked at him, "He was going to fake his death."

"And then what? How did he plan to leave?"

"The ambulance, of course!"

"You mean the one they locked in the garage?

"They could've unlocked it."

"Not after destroying that computer AND cutting the power. They would've had to do the same thing Argyle did, and that would've been noticed. Even if it wasn't, then somepony would've gotten suspicious about there being one more ambulance leaving then had arrived."

"Alright, fine," Lyra said, looking a bit annoyed, "That's the first time I've directly lost an argument."

"Besides your conviction, you mean?" BonBon pointed out.

"That was different!" Lyra insisted, "I was on trial!"

Sombra stopped the argument before it could really start with a question, "You mentioned Canterlot Penitentiary once before. What were you sent there for?"

------

"You wouldn't catch me dead at that so-called party," Vinyl said, "nothing but a bunch o' spoiled, stuffed-shirt swagering peacocks. And don't get me started on that damn prince!"

"Vinyl. Language," Derpy reminded her.

"Actually, get started on that prince, I'm curious," Lyra interrupted, jumping into the conversation.

Vinyl took a sip of her coffee, and looked over at the unicorn, "He's an arrogant snob with no sense of chivalry. Good enough?"

Lyra smirked a bit, "Sounds like the average rich dude."

The DJ shook her head, "He's worse. Much worse. I may be more tech oriented than ladylike, but even I can tell that he doesn't know how to treat one. He seems to think he should be pampered just because he happens to be Princess Celestia's alleged nephew. How that happened, nopony knows."

"Still doesn't sound as bad as my ex-coltfriend," the lyrist joked.

"That's because it's practically impossible to describe the a--er--the A-hole accurately," Vinyl said, shying away from her glaring pegasus friend, "You'd have to see for yourself at the Triple-G."

~~~~~~

Lyra was calm, but only on the outside. She was finally attending the Grand Galloping Gala. Her calm demeanor dropped momentarily as she reached the entrance, Omigosh omigosh! I'm shaking the hoof of Princess Celestia herself!!! she thought, before being ushered inside. For the first half hour or so, nothing too much happened. She enjoyed herself, the hors d'oeuvres, while small, didn't taste bad, and she certainly enjoyed the punch.

Then Prince Blueblood showed up. After that conversation with Ponyville's go-to DJ, Lyra was expecting worse than what she saw, though she still didn't like him much. She tried to tune his voice out for the most part, and also went out into the gardens. Successfully avoiding extended interaction with the most stuck-up unicorn on the planet, Lyra eventually decided to get her lyre from the cart she'd ridden to the Gala.

~~~~~~

Lyra sat in the gardens, the harplike instrument levitating in front of her as she began to play. She played a few classics like "Hush Now, Quiet Now," and the Hearth's Warming anthem, before Blueblood stepped into the garden.

"Would you stop playing that harp?" He demanded, as if she'd been playing in his ears the whole time she'd been there.

"It's not a harp," the mint unicorn corrected, as she kept playing, "It's a lyre."

"Well, stop playing it! You're peasantish noise is messing up my day!"

Lyre started playing a faster song, annoyed with the snob, "You have free rein throughout this castle. If my music bothers you, go somewhere else."

"I said stop playing it, you peasant!" The prince whined, a bit of a squeal in his voice, "Quit making that atrocious noise or I'll call the guards!"

Lyra glared at him, "Don't you dare insult my music again!"

"You call that music? It sounds like you're strangling a cat!"

Lyra didn't say another word. Splinters of her lyre scattered across the ground, while about half of it dropped from the side of Blueblood's head. Lyra's telekinetic field formed around the prince's chest and threw him into the air, causing him to scream like a pig. He came down where he'd gone up, only to be met with both of Lyra's back hooves, and slid into the hedge before the field gripped him again.

"You want me to stop playing?!" Lyra shouted at him, "Then I'll get serious, prince Blueballs!"

He screamed in terror as he was thrown into the fountain, getting soaked from head to hooves. He emerged from the water and started running, "Guards! Help me! There's a madmare trying to kill me!"

He didn't make it to the door as the mare gripped his horn in her magic, effectively clotheslining him and knocking him to the ground. A female guard stepped out to find out what was causing all the noise, and immediately blasted Lyra with a red bolt of magic, knocking her to the ground.

------

"So you beat this prince to a pulp and got arrested for it?" Sombra asked, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah. I found out that half the ponies who knew him wanted that to happen to him at some point, and the rest just didn't want him to come near them. So I got a restraining order and two years in jail. It was the smallest punishment the guards could give me and still get away with it," she joked, "actually, I just got Turnabout Trial to defend me in court to reduce the sentence."

"I see."

BonBon stepped into the conversation, "Two years later, he ended up getting humiliated by Rarity, the local seamstress, but you'll have to ask her about that one. For now, however, it's time for me to go home."

BonBon and Sombra both stepped out of the apartment and went their separate ways for the time being.