• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 4,123 Views, 57 Comments

A Strange New World - Dark Dienen



After Twilight finishes a project she been working on a Kirin appears in the library. He is lost, scared and hurt. What will his new life hold for him.

  • ...
1
 57
 4,123

Chapter 5

I walked out of the library with Twilight and Spike begin closely followed by her guards. As we walked down the road I saw a lush green field with a small stream and a bridge going over it. I saw plenty ponies and foals playing together and having fun. I looked up into the sky and could see pegasi I believe was what Twilight called them working to set coulds about here and there. That was one thing I felt I would never get used to, ponies controlling the weather. Twilight told me the strange dwellings were called buildings and we followed them to one where her friend lived.


When we got there I saw the door had been smashed open. I quickly stepped in front of Twilight to make her stop. The guards did not like this and moved to flank me. “Hold I mean her no harm. I stopped her because something is wrong, look!” I point to the door and a shrill scream comes from inside. I rush into the building closely followed by the guards then Twilight and Spike to see a dog beast standing over her friend Rarity. It was big, gray and was holding a large bag on its back.


Rarity was holding a heart shaped stone in her hooves as the dog tried to take it. “Pretty pony will give me the gem now!”


“I already gave you all my other gems let this one be!”


“No! That one is rare and you will give it now!”


“Not on your life you ruffian! This is a very precious gift and I will not let you have it!”


“Give it to me now pony or I will hurt you!”


“Never!” The dog raised his paw and swung at her with his claws. I acted on pure instinct rushing to save her as I have done with some many others. I took my horn and rammed it into the dogs legs causing it to yell out in pain. I was just a little too late how ever because as he swung at me blood spattered onto the floor when he missed. I looked to Rarity to see she was not breathing and had deep claw marks on her chest.


The hair on my body stood as my rage grew knowing I was not fast enough to save her. I took my fangs and dug them deep into the dogs other leg and threw him out the nearest window. I spat out the chunk of his leg I took as I threw him. Twilight rushed over to and began using magic on her. “Rarity! Is she going to be ok Twilight!” Spike looked like he was going to break down.


“Quiet Spike I need to focus!”


The guards stood between Twilight and the rest of the house. “There could be other Diamond Dogs Princess please be careful.”


I leaped out the shattered window to see the Diamond Dog trying his hardest to get away with the bag. He would not get far with those damaged legs but I wanted him to suffer. I jumped as high as I could and came down on his back with a bone crushing crunch. He dropped the bag and howled in pain. Other ponies begin to gather to see what is going on.


Even in so much pain it still tried to drag himself away. “You think after killing an innocent I would let you flee. You coward! You attacked a mare in greed and rage for gems. Slaying her and you don’t show a bit of remorse. All you do is try to cling to your wretched life. Well here let me end your suffering.” My eyes begin to glow as the dog looked to me in sheer terror. The clouds the pegasi put into the sky turn dark and begin to gather above me as my anger grows even more.


“Die!” I tried to smash his skull but he rolled out of the way. “Be still you cur!” As I call out five pillars of lightning strike the dog in all four of his legs and pin him as the fifth tor into his back.


The Diamond Dog cried out and coughed up blood. “I did not mean to kill the pretty pony! Please I don’t want to die! I don’t want to die!”


A dark and evil laugh escaped my muzzle. “Begging for your life will not save you. An innocent has been slain and blood must be met with blood.” The storm grows wider and darker. The winds begin to howl and blow.


“No stop this Sartir! Rarity is fine she will live!”


“I saw her Twilight she was not breathing. How can she be alive?”


“Because I saved her with my magic. She was hurt but not dead. Now please stop this.”


I look to her over my shoulder as the dog howls in pain. “Why should I? Filth like him should not be allowed to live, to act again! He should be made an example of so other know not to make the same mistake!”


“He should stand trial for his crimes and be judged by others to seal his fate that is what we do here. We do not kill for no reason. Rarity lives so let him or do you wish to be seen as the bad guy here?” Twilight motions to all the ponies standing before us. As I look at them I see fear in their eyes. The ponies who waved and smiled to me now cower at my gaze!


“Fine I will not finish this dog myself…” I turn and slowly begin to walk toward the field we past relier “but if he is not looked after he will die of his wounds. I can be happy knowing this filth will never walk again!” I continued to walk away, the storm still growing as I do.


……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..


Twilight was now standing over the Diamond Dog and saw what Sartir said was true. All the wounds were bad and bleeding but none as worse as the hole through the dogs lower spine. One of the guards came out to Twilights side. “princess what would you have us do?”


“Get Rarity to the Hospital she needs a doctor my magic will only help keep her alive for so long. Im going to teleport there with him he needs immediate medical attention if he is to live to stand trial.” In a bright flash of light Twilight was gone and the guards quickly got Rarity to the hospital. After some surgery Rarity was fine but would be in the hospital for a while. She had three broken ribs. One of which pierced and collapsed her lung. Along with the claw marks the Diamond Dog left her. The Diamond Dog die after six hours of intense surgery.


Twilight was just finishing talking to the Doctor and was about to go tell her friends what happened when they all burst through the hospital doors. “What’s going on Sugarcude? Rainbow saw some guards carrying Rarity into the hospital!”


“Ya whats up Twi!”


“Calm down Rainbow everything is going to be ok. Thanks to Sartir and me Rarity got here in time and the Doctors saved her. She will be here for a while but she’s all right.”


“But what happened to her?” Rainbow was really starting to get pissed off.


“She was attacked by a Diamond Dog.”


“Oh my…..can we go see her?” Fluttershy was very worried and almost to the point of tears.


“Yes she’s in room one fourteen, but you need to be quiet she’s sleeping and really needs her rest.”


Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie walked to Rarity’s room but Rainbow stayed with Twilight. “Where is he Twilight! Oh just wait till I get my hooves on him. Princess Celestia better lock him up for forever for this.”


“That won’t be happening Rainbow.”


“What! Why not?”


“He’s dead Sartir killed him.”


“Wow! I know the dog hurt Rarity but did he really need to die. I got to ask though who is this Sartir guy?”


“You know the unicorn that came through the portal. Well he got out of the hospital earlier today. I wanted to let you all know he was ok and asked if he wanted to meet you all. He saw Rarity’s house was broken into and rushed in. If not for him I don’t think Rarity would be alive right now. Sartir was going to kill the Diamond Dog but I talked him out of it. The diamond Dog died here from the wounds he was given.”


Just then another pegasus burst through the Hospital doors. “Rainbow Dash thank goodness i found you we need your help now!”


“Hold on now Cloudchaser. Slow down and tell me what’s going on.”


“Something really strange is going on with those storm clouds! No matter how fast we buck them they just keep growing back and getting bigger! It’s getting bad out there! It’s Starting to rain and the winds are picking up! Plus we have to be careful because of all the lightning!”


“It’s Sartir he can make storm clouds so he can use some kind of lightning magic. The storm started when we was going after the Diamond Dog.”


“Well then we need to find him! That storm is only getting worse!”


“We will find him Cloudchaser. I believe I saw him heading to the park, we should start there.” They walked out the doors and took to the sky. It didn’t take long for the three fliers to find Sartir. He was sitting out on the bridge that covered the small stream seeming to be deep in thought.


……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..


As I sat on the bridge I thought of all I could have done to make sure she did not get hurt and there was nothing we were just too late. The more I thought about it the angrier I became and the angrier I became the more fierce the storm got. I knew it would not work but I stuck to my old habits. I lifted my head toward the sky feeling the rain and wind wash over me and listen for my father. It was in storms like these I could hear him speak to me, guiding me and giving me wisdom. All I heard was the storm raging around me and for the first time since I woke in this strange land I truly felt alone.


It was the beating of wings and hearing my name being called that tore me from my thoughts. I looked around to see Twilight and two pegasi coming toward me. They quickly landed in front of me Twilight looking very concerned. “Sartir are you alright!” she had to yell to be heard over the raging winds.


“No I am angry at myself for not being able to keep your friend safe! I am sorry!”


“Is that why the storm is like this?”


“Yes!”


“Then could you please calm down this storm is getting really bad!” I looked to see a pale purple pegasus with a two toned white and light blue mane and tail walking up next to Twilight.


“Why should I? I failed and a inocent was hurt because I was not fast enough? Why should I not be angry?”


“Because if not for you she would not even be alive right now! Can’t you be happy with that facts that she still lives even though she got beat up a little!” Hovering just above us was a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail.


What they said made sense. Because I acted when I did Rarity was alive and now because of my anger the storm was getting to the point where it could really hurt somepony. I gathered all my anger and pulled all the lightning I could to me. Twilight and her friends jumped back and looked to me in awe as the lightning struck me. Then I let loose a massive bolt back into the sky blowing a huge hole into the storm clouds and with that bolt I let my rage go to. Just as my father showed me when I would get angry as a colt. The storm died down almost instantly.


“Wow! That was so awesome! How could you control that storm?”


“I would like to know as well. I’ve seen a lot of magic but never any like this.”


“I do not know what magic is but I can control storms because of who my father is. He is an ancient storm dragon called the White Fatalis and the only dragon to control the red lightning. I am but one of many children he raised and past his gifts onto.”


“Wow Sartir that is amazing if you would could you tell me more about your world and the creatures that live there?”


“Some other time Twilight I wish to be alone for now. I am sorry to have caused you so much trouble. I will try to not let it happen again.”


……………………………………………………………………………………………………………


Twilight, Rainbow and Cloudchaser watched as Sartir walked away. “Hey captain he was hot don’t you think?”


“What…. Cloudchaser you do you got the hots for a stallion you just met?”


“Wha…..No! I was just saying he looks good!” Cloudchaser looked away as a deep blush spread across her muzzle.


“Ya right you totally got the hots for Sartir!”


“I….but….Ah!” Cloudchaser flew off as Rainbow gave chase leaving Twilight to think.


“I believe it’s time for me to tell the Princess of this incident.” With that Twilight trotted home and wrote the Princess a letter but could not send it do to Spike being asleep and it was getting late. Twilight walked out to go find Sartir and found him asleep next to the Library. Knowing he was used to this because he said they did not have houses where he is from decided to leave him be.