• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 4,122 Views, 57 Comments

A Strange New World - Dark Dienen



After Twilight finishes a project she been working on a Kirin appears in the library. He is lost, scared and hurt. What will his new life hold for him.

  • ...
1
 57
 4,122

Chapter 4

It was two day before Twilight got a message from the hospital. The bat pony guards that were stationed there showed up that morning and handed her a note from Nurse Redheart.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,


I am happy to inform you that the patient is doing well and his wounds are healing nicely. Today when the nurse went into his room to change his wrapping he was moving and mumbling about his father in his sleep. Also the wounds are healing faster than expected. Upon changing the wrappings the nurse found that his wounds were fully closed and that should not happen for a few more days.


Regards,


Nurse Redheart

The rest of that day and the one that followed were very uneventful for Twilight and the gang. All but for a big commotion caused by the Cutie Mark Crusaders while trying to get a potion making Cutie Mark.


On the fourth day Twilight was happily reading on the libraries balcony, humming to herself as she did so. Then all a sudden there as a bright flash and the sound of thunder. Twilight new from what Rainbow Dash had told her the thunderstorm was not to be for at least another three days. Even so there was yet another flash and the sound of thunder. She looked up from her book to see storm clouds forming over the area where the hospital was.


“What the hay is going on over there?” Twilight quickly took to the air and was heading for the hospital when the bat pony guard found her.


“Princess we need you now the stallion woke not too long ago. When the nurse tried to talk to him and get him to lay back down, he refused and tried to force his way out of the room. When the guards tried to restrain him a bolt of lightning ripped through the roof and separated them and he took an aggressive stance.” A much larger bolt of lightning ripped into the hospital. “They must still be fighting with him.”


“We need to hurry before something really bad happens! Lets get going!” Twilight and the guard quickly entered the hospital. The guard led her to where the stallions room was only to see one of the guards thrown out the door and hit the adjacent wall, cracking it. “Whats going on? Speak to me!” Twilight began to heal him with a spell she learned the day before.


“He is using some sort of lightning magic. Even with the enchanted armor we still feel the full effect of his spells. He…” the guard coughed very hard “He is strong and well trained in combat. Please be careful Princess.”


Twilight quickly stepped through the door to see the stallion in an aggressive stance while facing the remaining guard. The roof had been blown clean off and the room was wrecked. “Stand down and let me be I do not wish to hurt another creature! I only wish to leave this strange place!”


Twilight looked at the stallion in awe. His mane and tail stood on end as if sensing the guards hostility. His body was covered in lightning. It danced and sparked across his rippling muscles. He was well toned from years of fighting and stood an inch or two smaller than Big Mac. His gleaming red eyes looked to the guard in confusion but bore a slight hint of hostility. Carefully watching, never moving them from their target.

As Twilight walked into the room she calmed herself and cleared her throat. “Guard that is enough. We do not need to damage the hospital any further.”


“Princess please, it’s too dangerous in here you need to leave!” The guard never took his eyes off the stallion. The stallion ever so slightly looked to see who the guard was talking to and saw yet another strange pony. Taking notice of this the guard jumped at the stallion only to be stopped by Twilight’s magic.


“I said enough! Now you will leave this room and let me talk to this stallion in peace. Is that understood?” Twilight flared her wings in anger.


“Yes Princess!” Twilight set the guard down and he left the room. He and the other guards watched from the doorway ready to act if needed.


……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..


It was odd to see the strange pony that was attacking me to suddenly stop in the air. Stranger still was that I could tell the one that stopped him was the one he called Princess. She had this odd power about her, coming from her horn. She was lean but not overly thin. What was very strange about her was that she had wings and was purple. Once she sat the pony on the ground he left and stood by the opening in the wall with two more. They watched me and I could feel their anger toward me. Yet all I could feel from this Princess was a calming aura.


I slowly stood up from my stance and looked at her very confused. “Are you going to attack me as well?”


“No I only wish to talk. Would that be all right?”


“Yes I sense no ill will from you but not here I wish to go outside this place.” I let my lightning shield fade from me.


“Very well, will you follow me please?” I gave my answer with a simple nod. She slowly turned and walked out the door and the ponies that stood there slowly back up. I followed her through the strange place and saw many more of these odd ponies. We came to an area where I could see outside but it looked like something was in the way. The purple pony put her hoof to the obstruction and moved it aside. As she did I felt a nice warm breeze wash over me and I followed her out. My storm clouds were gone now.


It was not like anyplace I had ever seen. There were dozens of the strange colorful ponies going about their day. Tall and odd structures were all over the place. I felt the breeze wash over me again and smelled the air. It was calm and peaceful but did not smell like home. “Where am I? This is not the valley of the mountains I call home. Nore is this the forest hills or the jungle I have been to.”


“This is Ponyville a small town in the Kingdom of Equestria. I am Princess Twilight Sparkle and I am sorry to inform you this is not your world. I made a portal to your world hoping to find and see new places. Once I made the partal you came through it followed by an explosion. The portal was destroyed and I cannot make another one for three years. Once I get the chance I can but there is no guarantee that it will be to your world. I am truly sorry.”


Twilight looked truly saddened by what she did to me but I could not be mad at her for it. “Thank you.” I looked to her and smiled.


She looked up shocked by what I said. “What…why would you thank me I took you from your home and now you can’t go back.”


“Yes that is true and it saddens me greatly that I can’t go home. That I will never see my father again but if not for your actions I would surely be dead right now. So again I thank you Twilight Sparkle, you saved my life.”


She had a look that was torn between being happy and stunned by my words. I could not help but laugh. “What is your name might I ask?”


“I am called Sartir. That was the name I was given by my father.”


“I am sorry for saying but that sounds a bit odd.”


I just smile at her. “That is quite alright Twilight sounds like an odd name to me as well.” We both shared a laugh but was cut short as my stomach rumbled. “I am sorry but I am rather hungry.”


“That’s all right. Would you like to join me for lunch I’m sure Spike has made something by now.”


“I see no harm in that but I may not be able to eat your food for some time. I will give it a try nun the less.” She slowly started to walk down the well used path and I followed. As we walked I noticed I was getting rather odd looks from the ponies we passed by. Behind us the ones that attacked me followed, watching me. I was cautious of them but gave them no reason to act. Even though I knew I was being followed by the guards but I could not shake the feeling that something else had it’s eyes on me.


We soon came to the foot of a huge tree. “Why are we at a tree and what is wrong with it?”


Twilight just giggled at me. “This is where I live the inside of the tree was made into a library.”


“What is a library?”


“It is a place where ponies can get books to read and learn from.”


“I see it is a place of knowledge. Though I have not heard of a book before.”


“A book is a collection of writings that tell you a story or about something.” She pushed open part of the tree and went in.


I followed and soon found myself in the room I saw when I first got here. The colorful things that line the walls must be these books. Twilight walked through another opening in the tree but I stayed to look around some more. As I looked around I heard Twilight talking to somepony this voice however sounded a bit more familiar.


Twilight walked back out and looked to me. “Would you please come in here? This is where we eat and I would like you to meet Spike.”


I followed her into a very odd room. There were all manner of things here I had never seen before. Frankly it was a bit unnerving but there next to Twilight stood a young purple and green dragonling. It warmed my heart to see one of my own kin but I knew this could not be this area’s guardian. The little dragon smiled and waved to me. “Hi my name is Spike. It’s nice to meet you.”


I walked over and smiled brightly at him as I rubbed his head. “It is nice to meet you too little brother. I am Sartir but where is the valley guardian? I would very much like to meet your mother or father.”


They both looked at me with confused and concerned looks. Spike poked me in the leg. “Why did you call me little brother and why would you think there was another dragon here?”


“Oh I am sorry! I forgot I was not home there for a minute. You see where I am from all dragons and dragon half breeds consider each other family. As for the other thing...a dragonling such as yourself would never be allowed away from either your mother’s or father’s territory till you could fend for yourself and had a territory of your own. Where I am from dragons are the strongest and we guard the others from the threat that plagues our lands. Those with a territory they guard are called guardians.”


“Oh well I don’t know who my parents are. Twilight hatched me and has cared for me since then. Also dragons here aren’t like where you’re from. Most are greedy monsters that only care for themselves.”


“I...I see that is grave news indeed and I am sorry for bringing up your past.”


“Don’t be. I love it here with Twilight and the gang and wouldn’t have it any other way. Now lets eat I am starving.” Twilight and Spike sat down on some odd looking pieces of wood. Which were placed around another. On the bigger one there were three things with leaves in it and some other things I did not recognize.


I tried to sit as they were but could not so I took the thing holding the food and moved it to the floor. They looked at me as I did so. Soon I put my muzzle into the thing and began to eat the food they gave me. It was just like some of the things I ate at home just put together. There were sweet tomatoes, carrots, green onions and lettuce. I smiled as I chewed my food and they still just watched me. “This is very good. I have had these before but never together like this. Thank you for the food and I am sorry but I cannot sit like you are.”


Twilight and Spike giggled at me. “It’s called a salad. It’s ok it will take you some time to do some of the things we do. Just be yourself and what is most comfortable for you.”


“Ya salads are good but I like mine with a ruby on top.”


“Ruby what’s that and how come you aren’t eating any meat? If you don’t mind me asking?”


“A ruby is a type of gem. Dragons here in Equestria collect and eat them. Also dragons can eat plants or meat but since I live with ponies I chose to eat only plants.”


“I see that is a little odd but this is a different world so I shouldn’t be too surprised about it.” We continued to eat our meal in relative silence. Once we were done I watch as they cleaned the things we ate off of. Once they were done they turned and looked to me.


“So Sartir I got to go let my friends know you are okay and out of the hospital. Would you like to come and meet them?”


“That would be nice. I don’t much like being in these odd dwellings and some more fresh air would do me some good. Plus I could look around and get to know the area while we are at it.”


“Okay if you would please follow me? Spike are you coming?” Spike quickly ran over and climbed on to Twilights back. Then Twilight went out the opening in the room from before and I followed her out. Followed closely by those others that attacked me.