• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 4,122 Views, 57 Comments

A Strange New World - Dark Dienen



After Twilight finishes a project she been working on a Kirin appears in the library. He is lost, scared and hurt. What will his new life hold for him.

  • ...
1
 57
 4,122

Chapter 2

With Spike sitting between her wings Twilight quickly trotted down the streets of Ponyville to fetch her friends so she could begin her experiment. “Okay Spike first we will go get Rarity and Fluttershy. They should be finishing up with their spa day together any minute now.”


Spikes eyes went all dreamy at the mention of seeing his fair Rarity. “Well lets hurry then Twi we shouldn’t keep them waiting!”


“Okay Spike. Okay.” Twilight giggled a little as she picked up the pace. “After we get them then we’ll go to Sweet Apple Acres to get Applejack and Rainbow Dash.”


“Why is Dash at Sweet Apple Acres? I thought she would be at home in bed by now or on a random cloud napping.”


“Applejack asked her for a light show over the apple orchard tonight since it’s not going to rain for another week or so.”


“OH, okay. Hey look it’s Rarity and Fluttershy!” Spike was waving to them from Twilights back as they were coming out of the spa.


“Why hello darlings it’s so good to see you both.” Rarity had a beautiful smile on her muzzle.


Fluttershy looked really relaxed for once. “Hello Twilight! Hello Spike!”


“Hi girls! Are you both ready for tonight?”


“Of course Twilight. I may have been busy this week with all the orders I got but I would never let you down. I’m your friend and I’ll be there whenever you need me.”


“Tanks Rarity!”


“Oh...um...are you sure you're ready for this Twilight? I mean what if something goes wrong and you get hurt?”


“It’s going to be okay Fluttershy. I’ve been studying this for a few days now and I’m confident I can do this and get it right. And if something does go wrong I’ll have you girls there with me and some Royal Guards just in case.”


“Alright Twilight if you think you can do this then I believe you.”


“Thanks Fluttershy. Well lets get going we still got to get the rest of the girls.” It was a long but quick walk to Sweet Apple Acres. As they neared the Apple Family home they could see Rainbow setting up the last of the cloud for the light rain Applejack asked for.


“Howdy yall!” Applejack waved with a bright smile on her muzzle. “We’ll be ready ta go here in a minute. Dash is just bout finished with them clouds.” As if on cue the rain started to lightly fall over the orchard.


“Hey Twi, am all done and ready to go. AH, where is pinkie?”


“We haven’t got her yet. Twi said we could get something from Sugarcube Corner before we headed home so we saved Pinkie for last!” Spike was wide eyed and licking his lips.


Applejack just put a hoof over her stomach and smiled. “That sounds mighty fine right bout now. Want anything Rd my treat for helpin out with the farm.”


“Oh, ya! Thanks Aj!”


“Well if everypony is ready we better get moving.” Twilight looked over her shoulder to see the sun was almost gone now. “It’s almost time to make the portal.” And with that they were off. As they walked down they well use dirt road they talked about their day and any plans they had for the next few days.


Before they knew it they were in front of Sugarcube Corner. As soon as they walked in right there behind the counter was Pinkie Pie with a bright smile. “Hey everypony what are you doing here?”


Spike jumped off Twilights back and rushed the counter. “We came to get you and a treat.”


“Oh, you guys are so lucky. We were just about to close. So what can Pinkie get for you today?”


“I’ll have a sapphire cupcake please!” Spike was drooling at this point.


Twilight just shook her head. “I’ll have a strawberry muffin please Pinkie.”


Pinkie ducked behind the counter and pulled out the two snacks. “That will be 3 bits please.” Spike scarfed down him treat in one bite not bothering to remove the paper cup.


“Howdy Pinkie. I’d like two apple fritters and Dash wants one of them rainbow cupcakes.”


“Here you go and that will be 4 bits please.” Both Twilight and Applejack hoofed over the bits before digging into their treats. “Rarity, Fluttershy anything for you girls?”


“No thank you darling I’m quite all right.”


“Oh...um…I’ll have a small bag of peanut butter, caramel bonbons. If that ok?”


“Okie dokie lokie! That will be 2 bits please.”


Fluttershy hoofed over the bits then set her bag on her back as they all walked out the door. The walk to the library was past with idle chit chat. Once they were close enough to see it there just outside the door was two chariots with four bat pony guards. Just getting off the chariots were two earth pony and two unicorn guards. Once that were all at the library the guards saluted. “By order of Princesses Celestia and Luna at the request of Princess Twilight Sparkle we have arrived to aid you in your experiment. We are to remain at your side till such time you deem it safe enough, and we are no longer needed.” They continued to stay still and look ahead.


“At ease and thank you for coming. Please come in.” Twilight walked past the guards and opened the library. The girls walked in soon followed by the guards. Twilight lit up her horn and took the Elements out from under their glass cover and gave them to their respective barer. “Okay everypony the moon is at the optimal point to cast the spell. Be ready for anything.”


“Yes Princess!” all the guards took aggressive stances between Twilight and the mirror.


Rainbow Dash just smirked . “Don’t worry Twi, we got your back!”


Twilight shakingly took a step forward, lit her horn with magic and began her spell. Then Twilight began to think too much about what might happen and what could go wrong. Her magic die down and she was beginning to breath heavily. Then she looked down as she felt a clawed hand gently touch her leg. “Go ahead Twilight we are all here for you.” Spike smiled up at her.


She looked back and all her friends smiled at her and gave a small nod. With renewed confidence Twilight began once again. After her magic enveloped the mirror, moon light came in through the window and hit the mirror. The light danced and rippled across the surface of the mirror making it look like water. Wind began to pick up in the library and then there was a bright flash. Everypony covered their eyes and when they recovered looked to the mirror.


“Well that should have done it.” Twilight looked back to her friends. “The spell was simple enough but I still don’t know if it worked.”


“Maybe somepony should go touch it. You know see if it does what the other mirror did.” Rainbow Dash then looked down to Spike.


“Why are you looking at me?”

Dash just smiled. “Because out of everypony here you're the toughest Spike. I mean come on dude, your scales let you swim in lava.”


“Ya and your point is.” Spike just folded his arms.


Rarity leaned down and looked him in the eyes. “Come now Spike won’t you be a dear and see if Twilights spell worked for us, please?”


Spike huffed and looked to the mirror then the girls. All had pleading looks on their muzzles. “Okay I’ll do it.” Spike slowly walked over to the mirror and touched it. Just like when they saw the first mirror the glass rippled like water. “Well it worked. You definitely made a portal to some where Twi.” Spike now had his whole hand in the portal waving it around.


“Good so now we know it worked. We still need to be care full we have no idea where that portal made lead us.” Twilight was mentally going over the option she now had.


“So Twilight what are we going to do now. I mean we ain’t just gonna jump in there and hope for the best right.”


“No Applejack we aren’t. I made a tool I hope can go through the portal and let us look on the other side. That way we can see what it’s like over there and to make sure it is safe.” Twilight held some strange looking thing in her magic.


All of a sudden Spike jumped away from the portal. “Twilight i just heard something from the portal it sounded like an explosion.”


She turned to Spike a look of concern on her muzzle. “Are you sure about that Spike?’


“Yes Twilight. I’m telling you I heard a…..” Spike was cut short as something came flying out of the mirror really fast and was thrown against the opposite wall right over his head.


Everypony could hear something now. “Guards shield spell now!” Twilight and the two unicorns quickly threw up a shield spell. Just as they got it up a big explosion ripped out of the mirror. Fluttershy screamed as she jumped behind Dash. Spike through up his arms to cover his eyes as the explosion washed over him and he was thrown to the ground. The mirror then shattered, falling to the ground and splitting into many pieces.


Spike got to his feet and looked to what came out of the mirror in was a unicorn, all be it an odd looking one. Then he saw the wounds and a small pool of blood forming on the floor. “Twilight it’s bleeding we got to do something!” The unicorn looked to Spike as he ran to it but it’s head dropped to the floor before he got there. He began to look over the unicorn.


Twilight could not see and just for a minute she could not hear. She quickly used a spell to remove the dust and smoke thrown into the air by the explosion. She looked to see her and the unicorn guards shield spells held. She coughed as she looked to see it everypony was okay.


The she saw Spike next to the thing that came out of the mirror. Spike turned to look at her with a scared look in his eyes.“Twilight it’s hurt bad, real bad.”