• Published 8th Oct 2013
  • 955 Views, 14 Comments

Rebirth of a Wind Demon - DVAN56



Sakido has been given a second chance at life, but this new life starts in the lands of Equestria not Medius.

  • ...
2
 14
 955

Rebirth of a Wind Demon

Rebirth Of A Wind Demon

“Sister, are you sure about this? It is a demon for goodness sake? How do you know it won't cause death and destruction in it’s wake.”

“‘She’ won’t, trust me on this one sister as for what I have seen of this one she has proven to me that she is more than a demon in soul.”

More than a demon?

“More than a demon? Tell me dear sister why I shouldn’t stop you from bringing this monster into our world.”

“Because she deserves a second chance. You gave me a second chance, why not allow her a chance.”

A second chance?

“.... Fine…”

“Thank you sister.”

“But I will keep a close eye on it. First sign of it showing its true nature and it will be dealt with.”

True nature?


Sakido’s eyes shot open with surprise as she gasped for air as she layed on the soft warm grass. The fact that she was alive startled her more then anything. She remembered the final moments before her death clearly. Going berserk, killing any demon that stood in her way as she took Rhea and Buwaro to the pillar of light that would let them leave Hell, getting hit by the holy arrow, feeling it dissolve her flesh as they passed into the light and seeing a gravestone on snowcovered ground that read Rhea Snaketail.

She got up off the ground and took a look around at her surroundings. She was stunned at the sight, she had remembered her letters of what Medius looked like but to actually see the green hills, the mountains in the distance, she even saw a town in the distance. However it was the sky that she was enthralled with. The blue sky was dotted with white puffy clouds and the bright yellow sun in the sky. She was so taken in by her surrounding that she had momentarily forgot about her brother or the escape that she had just gone through as all she wanted to do was fly in the fresh air of Medius for the first time.

Getting ready to take off into the sky, Sakido squatted, readying to launch herself into the air. In a quick swift motion she shot up and jumped into the air. However any hope of flying in the blue sky was destroyed as she spread her wings out. As they extended out, a sickening sound of cracking bones was heard as she let out a painful yelp and crashed, rolling on the ground a few times.

What! My wings! If they are… The pendent! ” Sakido thought to herself.

She stood up and looked over her body. Sure enough the sun pendent that she had worn was missing and along with it the angelic powers the pendent held that gave her crippled wings the ability of flight. Sakido was thinking about it for a second, trying to figure out where her pendent went.

“Buwaro!” She yelled in realization.

“You ok?” a soft spoken girl’s voice said coming from the ground.

Sakido looked down to the source only to see a small brown fur covered pony foal with a cream colored mane and tail along with a single spiral horn from its forehead. It looked up at Sakido with its big green eyes and a soft smile.

“Hu?” Sakido said looking at the creature.

“I saw you fall? Are you ok? That was a nasty fall?” The creature said again.

“I’m fine. Seeing the blue sky made me forget about an old injury.”

“Oh, um… I don’t mean to sound rude but what are you? I never seen or heard of a creature like you before on Equestria.”

“Equestria? This isn’t Medius?” Sakido asked raising an eyebrow.

“What? Equestria is the world silly. Never heard of this Medius, is it a country from beyond the ocean? Maybe I’ll learn about it in school tomorrow!”

“What are you?”

“Hey! I asked you that first!”

“And you got sidetracked? Now answer the question.”

“But,” the pony pouted then sighed in defeat “I’m a pony, unicorn to be exact. Now you.”

“I’m a...”

Sakido paused for a moment before finishing, realizing that saying she was a demon was going to be a bad idea. Her mind raced trying to think of something that didn’t make her sound like a demon from hell. Then the thought of Rhea popped in her head and though there are some major differences between the appearance of a wind demon and a jakkai it may be enough to fool the small pony.

“... a jakkai. I’m Sakido the jakkai.”

“Cool,” The pony said happily, ”Oh, I forgot my name. I’m Tale Teller, But you can call me T.T. everyone else does.”

“Tale Teller? That is a strange name.”

“Hey! At least it means something!”

“So what are you out here?”

“Oh, not much,” Tale Teller said as a sudden wave of sadness hit her, “ just out here playing… by myself?”

“By... yourself?”

“I don’t have any friends. The ones that don’t think I’m weird for not having my cutie mark yet are scared of my parents.”

“Are you scared of your parents?”

“NO!” Tale Teller replied quickly stomping her foot, “I love my parents and they love me, even though I was adopted, they still love and care for me as if i was their own. They don’t even care about me being a pony.”

“They’re not ponies?” Sakido asked, her curiosity now started to get the better of her.

“No… They're… They're griffins. And all the other foals are scared of them because in the old days, before the races of Equestria became friendly, griffins would eat ponies. They don’t anymore but ponies are still scared of them because of their history.”

Though Sakido didn’t show it, she was moved by Tale Tellers words. It reminded her so much of herself, an orphan demon left alone on the Ring of the Slightly Damned, raised by the Angel Darius that was trapped there after the Great War.

“I see. You have my sympathy. However I must be on my way.”

“Wait! It’s going to get dark soon. Do you have a place to stay.”

“I… No, no I currently do not. ”

“Well… mum may let you stay for the night. You don’t seem bad and it’s going to rain tonight.”

“Rain?”

“Yeah the pegasus are already getting the clouds ready for tonight.”

Sakido pondered for a moment. She really wanted to find her brother and Rhea but she had no idea where she was or how long she was dead for. Getting her bearings seemed like a smart idea, that and she was curious about this “rain” Tale Teller talked about.

“I’ll follow for now, but I can not say if I will stay or not yet.”


Tale Teller lead Sakido to her hometown of Portshoof, a small trading city on the riverside. As they entered the city Sakido noticed the look on the ponies in town. All of them gave either scared or confused glances and even though she was somewhat expecting that reaction it still made her feel uneasy. Tale Teller’s home soon came into view and she sped up running ahead of Sakido.

“Mum! I’m home and I brought company with me!” Tale Teller shouted happily.

The door to the house opened and a larger creature that Sakido had never seen before came out, and she now understood why other ponies would be afraid. In the door stood a large Griffin. Sakido could tell from the distance that she was no stranger to combat, though her scars may have been hidden by the fur and feathers, she could clearly see the nick in her beak and claws.

“Welcome home sweetie. Whats this about...” The griffins words were cut short as she saw Sakido walking up from behind her daughter.

“Sweaty go in and find your father.”

“Ok mum,” Tale Teller said as she ran into the house oblivious of her mother’s sudden mood change.

The change however did not go unnoticed by Sakido. She saw the sudden fear fill the griffins eyes as she continued to approach.

“I take it you know what I am?” Sakido asked as she got closer.

“I do. And I’m willing to protect my family from you if need be.” The griffin said.

“That won’t be necessary. I’ll take my leave.” Sakido said as she turned to leave.


Sakido had not gotten far before the sun set and the rain started. It was a new feeling for her, feeling the cool water fall from the sky, but she soon learned why Tale Teller wanted her to stay at the house. It was cold and made her fur soggy. After some wandering through the rain she found shelter by hiding under a bridge. She curled herself up and started thinking about Buwaro and Rhea, wondering where they were and if they were ok as she started to drift into sleep.

“Sakido!”

Sakido’s ears twitched and she perked up at her name being called. The voice was familiar but, no it couldn’t be.

“Sakido!”

It was. It was Tale Teller. Sakido was confused knowing that Tale Teller’s mother did not approve of her and wanted her away from her family.

“Get back here! You little -”

“We are going to make you pay for bringing a demon here!”

Sakido heard two new voices, both clearly male and angry. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what had happened. Tale Tellers wasn’t looking for her to come back, She was looking for help. The locals must have gotten scared, a demon was brought to their city, and now they were looking for someone to blame, not even caring if it was a child. The thought of it angered Sakido almost to a berserk state but she held herself back knowing the damage that could cause, however she wasn’t going to stand idly by either.

She came out from under the bridge to see Tale Teller being chased by two larger ponies in blue uniforms into a nearby ally. With great swiftness she ran after them arriving in the alley to find Tale Telling cowering in the corner with the two other ponies closing in on her.

“Do you realize what you brought into the city kid. Do You!”

“Well we are about to beat it into you!”

With that they both raised on they hind legs getting ready to stomp down on the poor filly who was now in tears. They never got to though. As soon as they reared all the way back they both felt something grab them by the neck and were thrown backwards through the alley.

The two ponies looked up to see Sakido staring down at them, her eyes glowing blue.

“Leave!” Sakido shouted!

The two ran out of the alley like a bat out of hell, fearing for their lives after seeing the demon upclose. Sakido then turned to see Tale Teller still curled up in the alley corner, eyes closed tightly as she cried, scared of what was happening. Sakido went over to her and gently picked her up, carrying Tale Teller back to her home.

When Sakido got to the house it was in shambles, it was clear a mob hit the house. However she found Tale Tellers griffin parents to be fine, beat up a little, but overall still standing, unlike a few ponies who laid unconscious on the floor.

“TALE!!!” They shouted as Sakido walked into the house carrying Tale Teller.


Sakido stayed at the house for the rest of the night. The Tale Teller’s griffin parents, those still unsure of what to truely think of Sakido, were truly thankful that she saved their daughter after she ran off from the mob. Sakido couldn’t explain why she felt such a connection to Tale Teller, it was a familiar feeling, like the one she had with her brothers, but to form so quickly?. She stayed up all night thinking about the current happenings while watching more of the blue uniformed ponies starting to surround the house. Why did she feel so attached to Tale Teller? Why she was alive? And how to find Buwaro?

The rain stopped and morning soon came. The blue uniformed ponies still surrounded the house along with other ponies from town. It was clear a mob was starting to form but fear kept them from advancing. Sakido's attention was elsewhere however. In the sky coming towards the city were pegasi, some with feathery wings, other with leathery bat like wings, and all of them wore armor and carried a spear. Sakido watched as they flew closer, and closer.

The group of armored pegasi landed just in front of the house and to everyones surprise turned to face the mob, forming a wall between them and the house. Only two of the armored pegasi were still in the air, overwatching the events. Then one of them started to speak.

“Citizens of Portshoof! I come with a message from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna!” He began shouting making sure his voice was heard, ”It has come to our attention that a demon has found its way out of Tartarus and into your fair city! However this demon is to be treated as a citizen of Equestria! The Princesses have looked into the soul of this demon and found more to her, goodness hidden in the darkness and they ask you to give her a chance as you gave Luna a chance when she became Nightmare Moon!”

The mob of ponies started to talk amongst themselves. Sakido however just blinked in shock at what just happend. The rulers of this land wanted to give her a chance even after knowing what she was. Before she could regain her senses the second guard that was flying came down to the window Sakido was looking out of and handed her a scroll and a small box.

“I was ordered to give these to you, and to tell you they have answers that you seek.”

Sakido opened the scroll and began to read its contents. Her eyes widened to the fact that it was written in the language of the Angels.

Dear Sakido

If you are reading this then the pegasi guard made it to Portshoof in time. My sister and I have been keeping an eye on you since you began your escape from Hell. Though my sister disagrees with me she is still willing to give this a chance.

You may have asked yourself “How am I alive?”, ”Where am I?” ,and “How long was I dead for?” since waking up. Those answers are simple. I restored the damage the holy arrow did to your body before you life force faded, you technically never died but was on the verge of death. However to heal you we had to bring you to our world of Equestria. You are no long on Medius and can not be sent back unless the guardians of your world allow it. I’m sorry but you may never see your brother again.

Why did I save your life? I wanted to, I thought you deserved a chance to live after you fought so hard to get out of Hell with your brother, then had it stolen away at the last moment.

I’m sorry you won't be able to see your Buwaro soon, if at all. However if I didn't act you would have been dead for sure. Which brings me up to the box that was given with this letter. In it is a magic gem you can use it to send a short message to Buwaro that will transcend the dimensional rifts. Though to him it will be in the form of a dream. He is doing fine and Rhea has kept her promise to you, being his big sister in your sted.

Lastly, your demon nature. We know of the evil your kind is capable of, and you have fought off such feelings better than any other demon. However my sister will not have any of it. You are free to live here in peace as long as you don’t start acting like normal demons do. If you do, you will be “dealt with” as she put it.

Sincerely,
Princess Luna of Equestria.

P.S. Sorry I could not heal your wing but that damage was old and more scars than anything and Buwaro took the sun pendant from your body before we grabbed you.

Sakido was unsure what she was feeling at the moment of finishing the letter. Anger and sorrow was being mixed with happiness and relief. Her brother was safe, and she was alive but at the same time she was separated from him possibly never able to see him again. She was so caught up in her emotions she failed to see little Tale Teller come up to her.

“Sakido, are you ok?”

“I’m fine… its just that… I don’t know what to do now,” Sakido said trying her best to hide the trembling in her voice.

“Till you figure it out, you can stay here.” Tale Teller’s mother said.

“What? But you-”

“I don’t trust you,” She interrupted, “But you did save Tale, and the Princesses are willing to give you a shot. So I’ll give you the chance to gain my trust.”

“But… Thank you,” Sakido said as she turned her attention to the box, “Now to say farewell to my brother,” She said as she opened the box and pulled out the green gem.


Sakido lived with Tale Teller and her family for many years after that day. Though her start in this new world was bumpy, Sakido soon became accepted throughout Equestria after many trials, and even helped save Equestria on one occasion. Those however are stories for another time.

Author's Note:

And here is a Slightly Damned Crossover!

Pleas leave feed back and point out errors.

Comments ( 14 )

Slightly Damned :heart: MLP :heart:

I am quite happy to see this, I shed many tears when she died. One thing irks me, a certain sister would have been more accepting in the first place since she let the Chaos Tyrant run free and be redeemed, and honestly the other sister may have been the cautious one.

Auto Upvote. I've never been fond of "Equestria is Heaven" stories, but this one gets a pass.

Ok buddy :ajbemused: HOW DARE YOU :flutterrage: write a story like this :twilightangry2: .... dude seriously I love SD and MLP and now you've really got me interested :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::raritystarry: I hope you continue on with this story.

Awesome! I never expected to see a Slightly Damned crossover here!

Any chance we'll hear the tales for another day?

3320863 possibly:ajsmug: depends on what happens after october is over

Well this is an interesting reaction... I think the colloquial term is respect boner...

Heck yeah you just made my day!:heart::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Nicely done.

ACG

You made me remember Sakido's death! :fluttercry: I thought I was over it! :flutterrage:

Really awesome story though.

Thank you.... THANK YOU! I love Slightly Damned! I am really happy to see a crossover, in the popular section nonetheless! You sir, and or madam are genius!

Sakido is in equestria....HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET BABY BUWARO THANK YOU:yay::yay::yay::yay:

wish there was more to this story

Login or register to comment