• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 512 Views, 5 Comments

Christmas Time - Jingle



It's Christmas in Equestria, what could go wrong?

  • ...
3
 5
 512

Celebration!

"It was simply lovely for you to throw this Christmas party Fluttershy," Rarity said. She was the last pony to arrive at Fluttershy's cottage for the Christmas party.

"Oh it was nothing," Fluttershy said, heat rushing to her cheeks as they turned bright red. Fluttershy never loved being complemented, the ponies were always a little too flattering. Fluttershy always figured they just didn't want to hurt her feelings, that's why they were so nice.

"Nothing!" Rarity exclaimed, "It looks and smells divine! I can't believe you cooked a huge dinner for us!"

"Your too kind," Fluttershy said softly.

Rarity smiled and joined the rest of the mane six. All the ponies were gathered around in Fluttershy's living room, taking part in small talk and polite banter. Rarity sat down on the couch, followed by Fluttershy.

"Good, everyone is here," Twilight said happily.

Fluttershy poured everyone some hot chocolate, sweet smelling steam filling the air. She dropped a few marshmallows in each and gave them out to the ponies. She dropped a peppermint in Rainbow Dashes, knowing her friend lived peppermint in her hot chocolate. Each pony gratefully took the hot drink in the cold cottage. Fluttershy's home did not get heating so the only source of warmth was the small fire in the chimney.

"When will dinner be ready?" Rainbow Dash asked, her stomach growling.

"It shouldn't be too long," Fluttershy said, her voice soft and sweet.

"Rainbow? What's with your huge appetite?" Apple Jack asked in a joking manner.

"I don't know," Rainbow Dash responded, laughing lightly.

Pinkie sipped her hot chocolate, being abnormally quiet. The usually perky earth pony quietly sipped her hot chocolate, consumed in thought.

Noticing Pinkie, Rainbow Dash asked, "Sonething wrong Pinkie? You seem a little quiet."

Pinkie Pie was totally oblivious to the cyan pegasus talking to her. She swirled the hot chocolate in her mug, seeming to be totally lost within her mind. This was very odd for the usually talkative, peppy, almost crazy earth pony. Rainbow Dash shrugged and continued to talk with the other ponies.

About five minute later, a loud ding came from the kitchen, a sound Fluttershy recognized as the kitchen oven timer.

"Oh! Dinners done," Fluttershy said, rushing into the kitchen. She opened up the oven and a wonderful scent rushed to every corner of the house. Who knew Fluttershy was such a good cook.

The other ponies causally followed, all but Pinkie, who sat absentmindedly by the fire. Fluttershy pulled the hay casserole out of the oven and cut it into squares. She put a the following things on six plates: a good serving of hay casserole, toasted pine nuts, strawberry marmalade jello, and apple pie, made by Apple Jack. She filled six glasses with her famous spiked candy cane punch, setting them all down at her solid oak table. Fluttershy had decorated the table with a long red and green table clolth that draped all the way down to the floor. A gold and glass bowl had been filled with pone comes and twigs of pine needles. Fluttershy took great care in making her while house look festive for the occasion. The five ponies sat down at the table.

"Would you be a dear and go get Pinkie?" Rarity asked, looking at Twilight.

"Sure," Twilight replied. She trotted over to Pinkie and tapped her on the shoulder, telling her Fluttershy's homemade dinner was done. Pinkie and Twilight both sat down at the table together. Pinkie was seated between Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, the only open seat left.

Pinkie quickly started gobbling down the delicious meal, saving the punch for last.

"Shouldn't we say grace?" Fluttershy asked softly.

"Oh, yeah," Pinkie said softly.

"Thank you Celestia for this delicious meal and all the happy friends we have. Let this food nourish us, and let nothing change this beautiful friendship we have. Amen," Fluttershy said, her head bowed.

The ponies now happily ate their meals, enjoying the home cooked flavor and wonderful scent that drifted through the kitchen. Rainbow Dash ate all her delicious food and helped herself to seconds. Apple Jack sipped the punch and noticed a strong flavor but she couldn't quite put her hoof on it.

"Fluttershy, what is in your spiked candy cane punch? It's delicious!" Rainbow Dash asked, drinking down a glass of it and pouring more.

"It's cream soda, candy cane extract, marshmallows, crushed candy canes, and bourbon." Fluttershy said.

"Cool," Rainbow Dash said, though secretly the last ingredient worried her, she knew bourbon was a strong alcohol and that she had just drank a lot of it.

Changing the subject, Twilight started to talk about her magic and how she had progressed a lot and had some new tricks to show the girls sometime. The ponies chatted through the long, delicious dinner. Once dinner was done, the six ponies went back to the living room to talk. Slowly, the ponies started to get drunk from all the alcohol in Fluttershy's punch. The chat soon descended into random comments about nothing of importance.

"That tree is pretty, Twilight said, looking at the Christmas tree.

"Just like me," Rarity said, fluffing her now messy mane.

Pinkie Pie was the only pony who was not drunk, for she was too deep in thought to relax and just party.

"It just doesn't make sense," Pinkie muttered. "The last time my Pinkie Sense gave me that warm felling around my heart..." Pinkie said, thinking out loud. "It can't be, it just can't," Pinkie said, trying to make sense of her Pinkue sense.

This continued on for a while but then, finally, somepony said something of importance.

Comments ( 5 )

Ok... Cliffhangers?:fluttercry: Why? WHY!?!?

Lol, I'm most likely posting the next chapter today or tomorrow.

I would like to see more of this and fast

Oh wow! It's been a while since I've looked at this story. Maybe I'll finish it someday.

Login or register to comment