• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 972 Views, 10 Comments

Celestia's Past/Equestria's Future - Crimson Feather



Princess Celestia's dark past has come back to haunt her

  • ...
2
 10
 972

Beginnings

Celestia’s sun was shining bright in the sky and the citizens of Ponyville were happy, going about their daily lives after completing their annual winter wrap-up just a few days prior, the market was busier than ever with ponies buying freshly grown fruits and vegetables, Sugercube Corner was busy selling their ‘Wrap-up’ cupcakes, a little delicacy the Cake family started to celebrate Ponyville finishing their wrap-up on time with Twilight’s help.

The delicious treats looked like a normal cupcake with white frosting and a flower on top, but inside were bits of oats and diced up fruits, everypony loved the treats and would buy them by the dozens, soon Mr. and Mrs. Cake had to put a limit to the number of cupcakes they could sell to each customer in order to ensure that they didn’t run out before the afternoon.

One pony in particular was obsessed with the Cakes creation, their own live-in employee, Pinkie Pie. She would bounce around the kitchen helping Mr. Cake prepare for the busy day ahead, although this was normal for the hyperactive pink pony with a tail and mane so puffy that it looked like she had just woken up. “I can’t wait to try some more of your special Wrap-up cupcakes!” Pinkie was full of energy and smiled more than any pony in Ponyville, perhaps even in all of Equestria.

“I’m glad you’re excited Pinkie,” Mr. Cake was use to Pinkie’s explosive sense of energy. “Just remember that we’re making these for the costumers first.”

“I know, I’m just really excited that I’m helping you bake.” Pinkie may seem immature at times, or rather most of the time, but she was still a hard worker when it came to helping others.

Suddenly Pinkie heard a familiar voice, “Howdy Mrs. Cake, how y’all holding up this fine morning?” There was no mistaking that accent; it was her good friend Applejack.

“Hello Applejack.” Mrs. Cake was in the front of the store handling customers and selling them sweets. “I’m guessing you’re here to deliver those apples we requested?”

With a proud smile Applejack responded, “Yes’em, ten crates of crisp apples straight from the trees.” Applejack took great pride in knowing that all of Ponyville trusted her family greatly for their produce, even parts of Canterlot used vegetables grown at Sweet Apple Acres Farm.

Pinkie popped her head out of the kitchen to see her friend, “Hey, Applejack! I’m baking cupcakes!”

Applejack looked over to see a wide grinned Pinkie Pie waving her hooves hello, or to grab her attention, she wasn’t very sure which. “Well hey there Pinkie, I see you’re busy too.”

Pinkie finally stopped flailing her arms, “Yep, I’m a busy little pinkie bee.” Applejack thought she would have been used to Pinkie’s odd word plays but alas, she was still left wondering what was going on in that puffy head of hers.

The Pegasi were also busy, they were sending weather mares and weather colts all over to move clouds and get rid of any snow clouds that may have been left behind during the wrap-up, one Pegasus in general named Rainbow Dash was speeding through the air and bucking clouds quicker than any of the other flying ponies.

By the time any of the other Pegasus was done with their section Rainbow Dash would have cleared her area and could be found sleeping on a cloud, or a tree branch. “Ha, easy peasy one two threesy, maybe next time I’ll get a challenging section.”

Rainbow had a bit of an ego, she claimed to be the fastest flier in all of Ponyville and maybe even all of Equestria.
Despite her love for show boating Rainbow Dash is arguably the most loyal friend you could have, she would give up her wings before turning her back on Equestria and her friends. “Now that I’m done here it’s time to find that cloud I left behind and catch some rays.”

Rainbow bolted through the skies towards her resting spot, but then she decided to do something else. “On second thought, maybe a little practice would be nice.” There was something Rainbow Dashed loved more than sleeping, she loved the rush of speeding through the blue sky, the sense of freedom was something she admired. Rainbow Dash loved being a Pegasus, she may not be able to use magic like unicorns, but she didn’t need it as long as she had wings.

The warm touch of the sun as she flew higher was relaxing to her, for those moments Rainbow Dash had no worries and could lose herself. “Yeah, this so much better than being an Earth pony or a unicorn, I don’t envy them one bit.”

In Ponyville sat a cottage in the form of a tree, animals of all kinds lived there, from bees to bears. The owner of the place, Fluttershy, loved ‘critters’ of all sizes and took care of them in her home. She was a very meek and soft spoken Pegasus; she didn’t like conflict and could be easily persuaded to follow along with nearly anything, even if she was afraid. She was one the kindest ponies in Equestria and despite being a push over she was a very intelligent mare, especially when it came to animals.

Fluttershy was packing a basket filled with carrots and baked goods, she and her pet bunny Angel were going on a picnic at the local park. “Oh my, I hope I didn’t forget anything, I know I can be quite forgetful sometimes.”

Angel was sitting on top of Fluttershy’s head, practically hiding in her pink mane that flowed to the ground, he gave her a shrug.

“You’re right Angel; if it was really important we would have packed it.” Fluttershy grabbed the basket’s handle with her teeth and raised her wings to take off towards the door. The thought of forgetting something nagged her all the way to the front gate, “But what if that something I forget to pack IS important? Our picnic would be ruined and it would be my fault.”

Angel thumped Fluttershy on the head, it was routine for him to remind her not to worry all of the time, “Right, it’s like Rainbow Dash always tells me ‘Don’t sweat the little stuff’.” And with that Fluttershy flapped her wings and took off with Angel to enjoy their day at the park.

With the winter season over a unicorn pony with purple colored mane that swirled majestically down her head and flank was dashing about her home. Rarity was a fashion designer who became famous after a highly influential fashion pony named Hoity Toity showed her dresses to all of Canterlot; her fame went even further after becoming friends with a high class colt named Fancy Pants.

Rarity was putting the final touches on a new line of dresses, she spent her winter days thinking of new designs and filling orders for ponies in Canterlot. Watching her with a less than concerning look was her pet Opalescence, a Persian cat who had a sense for fashion just as refined as Rarity.

Opal sat near her water dish and toy mouse turning her head left to right as she looked at her owner panic from stress, one could even be lead to believe Opal may have been enjoying the show. “Don’t give me that Opal,” Rarity didn’t need to look at her pet to know that she was being judged, “I have been in this situation before, I’m nearly done and there’s no reason for me to slow down now.”

Opal rolled her eyes and then continued to watch, Rarity was very skilled in dress making but even she had trouble with large orders, this was because Rarity makes all of her dresses by herself. “Everything should start to calm down after this order, and then I can go back to focusing completely on my new designs.” Opal just gave out a low meow in agreement.

While Canterlot housed Princess Celestia Ponyville was home to another princess, one that chose to be surrounded by books rather than other ponies when she was younger, Twilight Sparkle was a unicorn that became an alicorn, she dedicated all of her time to study magic; she is the ‘loyal student’ of Princess Celestia and lives in the local library in Ponyville.

Twilight lived in Canterlot before her teacher, Princess Celestia, sent her to Ponyville with orders to try and make some friends, in the end Twilight became great friends with Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.
Together they went on adventures and learned valuable lessons in friendship, not only within each other but also within themselves.

Being a princess was a scary thought to her, Twilight had no idea that being Celestia’s student would lead to her being a future ruler. Twilight eventually learned that being a princess shouldn’t and wouldn’t change who she was, thanks to some sound advice from her sister-in-law/friend Princess Cadence.

Today was an important to Twilight; she was to meet with her teacher at the castle for an important meeting, while Celestia didn’t mention what the meeting was about Twilight was happy to be involved. She never questioned her teacher, it was probably the biggest reason Celestia calls her “most faithful student”, or it may have had something to do with an old apprentice that turned away from Celestia’s teachings.

Twilight stepped out of her home to be greeted by a royal carriage being pulled by two royal guards, just like the one her teacher rides in when she came to visit Ponyville. “Oh my, is that really for me? I didn’t know the princess was sending a carriage.” Twilight didn’t mind riding the local train to Canterlot, it gave her plenty of time to relax and read a book.

One of the royal guards nodded, “Princess Celestia wants you at the castle as soon as possible, the meeting she is holding has been moved forward and is now a top priority.”

That wasn’t something Twilight wanted to here; it was odd enough that Celestia didn’t tell her what the meeting was for, now it’s a top priority? “I see, very well, let’s not waste any more time.” Twilight jumped onto the carriage and effortlessly the two Pegasus guards flew off, pulling the carriage as if Twilight wasn’t even on, not surprising since they probably pull Celestia all of the time.

Twilight couldn’t help but worry about her meeting with Celestia; did she have another tasking that required the Elements of Harmony?

As the royal guards flew Twilight towards the castle Rainbow Dash was flying by, “Hey that was Twilight, why are they in such a hurry?” Rainbow Dash decided to forget about it and kept flying, “Well whatever it is I’m sure Twilight will tell us if it’s really important.” Stomach growling, Rainbow Dash flew by Sugercube Corner to visit Pinkie and grab some lunch with her, when Rainbow did reach her destination she saw the huge line in front of the bakery. “Ah man, this is going to take forever, is all of Ponyville here right now?” There was no need to bother her friend as Rainbow Dash was sure that Pinkie Pie would be way too busy to take a break.

At the palace in Canterlot Princess Celestia was standing in front her sister, Princess Luna. “Once Twilight gets here I will explain everything, I promise.” Celestia was the oldest and biggest of the two sisters, she had an orange and yellow sun for a cutie mark on her white coat and a light multi-colored manes that flowed as if they were being blown by the wind.

“I understand sister, if it’s so important that Twilight Sparkle is needed then I shall wait.” Luna was smaller than her sister, mostly because she was still growing; she had a waxing crescent moon for a cutie mark on her dark blue coat, Luna’s manes were blue and light blue that also flowed like they were being carried by the wind.

The huge double doors leading to the castle’s halls flew open and the royal guards that were already in the throne room snapped to attention, trumpets began to blast the royal entrance number and Twilight walked in.

“Behold, the royal Princess Twilight has arrived!” The royal guard’s booming announcement made Twilight blush in slight embarrassment; surely such a grand announcement wasn’t necessary to let Celestia know that she was in the room.

Celestia smiled and walked towards Twilight. “Princess Twilight Sparkle, my most loyal and faithful student.”

With a smile Twilight hugged her teacher. “I got her as soon as I could Princess; I heard this meeting was now urgent.”

“Yes, I’m afraid it is. This meeting will be held between the four of us.”

Twilight had a confused look on her face, “The four of ‘us’, I thought this was just for me and you.” Twilight was disappointed that she wasn’t going to get the chance to speak with her teacher alone like she use to when she was actually living in Canterlot.

“I’m sorry, but plans have changed, Luna and Cadence both needs to hear what I have to say.”

Luna stepped from behind her sister. “Greetings Twilight Sparkle, I hope all has been well since we last met.”

“Oh hello Princess Luna, yes, everything has been fine.”

“And I assume my dear sister has also left you in the dark towards what’s so important about our little get together?”

Twilight looked at Celestia and then back at Luna, why was it that even Princess Luna was unaware of the subject and how big was it that Cadence was called all the way from the Crystal Empire? “Well, no, I don’t know what’s going on right now.”

Luna gave a disapproving look towards her sister. “Even she does not know dear sister, what is the meaning of this?”

Celestia looked at the leader of her royal guards and motioned for them to leave, the leader nodded and gave the order. “Alright men, royal business that has nothing to do with us is about to be conducted, so move out. Broad Sword, you and Blazing Aegis are on door duty.”

The guards all formed up and left, shutting the doors behind them, Celestia put her focus back to Luna. “I was hoping to speak with Twilight about the elements, but something has come up and I decided to hold off on that lesson.” Celestia walked toward her throne and sat down. “Cadence should be here soon; once she arrives we will discuss the issue at hand.”
Luna looked at Twilight, she was just as clueless as she had proclaimed, Celestia must have a good reason to leave Twilight out of the loop.