• Published 27th Sep 2013
  • 2,626 Views, 112 Comments

Equestria Noir Season 2 Case 5 "Shadowhoof" - Jacoboby1



Fluttershy and Big Mac are mysteriously kidnapped during their wedding. Now Private has to play an evil game with a madpony if he ever wants to see his friends again. Shadowhoof will finally show himself and will face Private in the most epic case ev

  • ...
4
 112
 2,626

Chapter 1 "The Prelude"

Equestria Noir 2
Case 5
“Shadow Hoof”
By: Jacoboby1
Chapter 1
“The Prelude”

Perspective: Gunry Insight

I sat at my desk, looking out at the streets of Manehatten. When I took this job I found a mess that Shinebadge left behind. Corrupt cops, upstart detectives that abused their privileges, no wonder Private Eye was the only one that can get anything done around here.

I went back to the newspaper in front of me. I read the article.

Lightning Strike Found Murdered, Mysterious Killer at Large.

About a week ago the police found the body of CEO of Lightning Electronics, Mr. Lightning Strike, has been murdered. His body was found in the middle of the park district, hanging from a tree. We’ve also managed to confirm that he was scalped prior to his death. In a rather morbid move by the killer, his mane was found in the trash nearby. Police have been unable to identify a suspect as of now. Though some are speculating this has something to do with the recent murder of Ivy Rose, who was killed in a similar manner. No connections have been made between the victims at this time.

Yet another stab from the press. Whoever killed her was truly a sick individual. I mean, stabbing a pony is one thing, but scalping them before they die? That’s cruel beyond any stretch of the imagination. If we don’t find this killer soon, we could have a serial killer on our hooves.

I don’t get paid enough to put up with this crap.

I just hope Melody will be okay. She got back to her teaching job pretty well despite being held hostage. She’s a tough girl, she’ll be fine. That doesn’t make me worry about her any less though.

The phone rang….

I picked up the phone and held it to my ear, “This is Police Chief Insight, what the hell do you want?”

“You treat all your callers this way?”

That voice….

“YOU!” I yelled into the receiver, “How the hell did you get on this phone!”

“Simple, I dialed the little numbers and you picked up the phone. Honestly though, your etiquette could use some work.”

“You realize this line is wired…” I said coldly.

“And you’ll find that the line heads to a phone in Germaney, which nopony will be able to reach in time. Now, on to business.

“I don’t negotiate with scum.” I growled.

“You will listen, lest you receive a repeat performance of my last visit.”

Melody…

“Fine...what do you want?” I asked.

“I’m going to begin a little test for Private Eye, I’d kindely appreciate it if you stayed out of it.”

Private Eye…him again…

“For all I know you could be him.” I said, a little smugly.

“Hold onto your delusions all you want, you’ll find that Private Eye is about to be the best stallion for a wedding in a few hours.”

“So, you got eyes everywhere don’t you?” I replied.

“Yes, and I know quite a bit, I’m sure the press will love to hear about half the scandals that go on in this department.”

“Trying to bribe me?” I growled.

“No, just showing you the line. Should you cross it, I’m afraid more than just your wife will suffer this time.”

“What do you want?” I asked again.

“To let Private Eye play a game…”

______________________________________________________________

Perspective: Private Eye

“Big Mac for the love of all that is sacred will you just hold still!” I said, as my fellow groom’s stallions, Applesnack, Potso and Swarm, tried to get Big Mac ready for his big day.

“Sorry, Ah’m just so nervous,” Big Mac said apologetically.

“Ah don’ta worry my friend,” Potso said encouragingly. “It’s not as large or extravagant as Private’s wedding. Just family and friends who you gotta stand in front of to proclaim your love.”

“Not helping Potso,” Applesnack said, standing off to the side.

“Ah just dun know,” Big Mac sighed, “What if Ah dun have the guts?”

“THEN I WILL BREAK YOU!!”

All of us stood deathly still as a yellow pegasus entered the room. This was Flutterbreak, Fluttershy’s dad believe it or not. He was large, well built and sporting a brown mane that was kept in a military buzz cut. On his flank was a soldier’s star, showcasing his talent for leadership. Honestly I think whoever picks Cutie Marks should’ve gone with a megaphone.

He stomped over to Big Mac who was visibly sweating. “Look ere maggot, I love my little Fluttershy more than anything on Celestia’s green earth. If you even so much as think of backing down I’m going to hunt you down and tear you limb from li-”

“Dear?”

Another pegasus entered the room. In stark contrast to her husband, Flutterbreeze was lithe, small, and rather pretty despite age. She flew in graceful as a swan, her dark pink mane blowing in the breeze as her butter yellow coat shone in the sun. I think I know which parent Fluttershy takes after. Her blue eyes looked upon her husband in disapproval, “Dear, you really shouldn’t scare the poor boy like that.”

“Breezy, I was just making sure he doesn’t run out on our baby,” Her husband replied, giving a smile.

Suddenly Flutterbreeze’s yellowish eyes got huge. The almighty power of the stare was at work. “Get back over to our baby’s tent and get ready to escort our daughter down the aisle!” She commanded.

“Yes honey,” Flutterbreak said, he slapped Big Mac on the shoulder, “We’ll see you soon, son.”

Big Mac gulped as both parents left.

I whispered in his ear, “Word of advice, save the guy’s wife a couple of times, then you’ll get on his good side.”

Big Mac smiled at me, looked back in the mirror at his tuxedoed self and said. “Ah’m gonna marry Shy, Ma and Pa...make sure ah say the right words…”

___________________________________________________________

Perspective: Twilight Sparkle.

Okay, dearly beloved, we are all gathered here on this fine day…

But what if it rains later? It wouldn’t be a very fine day at that.

Okay Twilight focus, Dearly beloved we are

“TWIII!!!”

“GAH!” I yelled tumbling to the floor as Pinkie appeared in my face. I fell over onto the dressing room floor. I looked up at Pinkie Pie, fixing my crown as I did. “Pinkie? I was practicing my speech.”

“Speech meech!” Pinkie shouted, “You gotta help with Fluttershy! She’s locked herself in the bathroom again!”

“Uggh,” I groaned, “That’s the fourth time since this morning.”

I got up and used magic to fix my regalia. I’ll admit, the regalia was a little heavy to wear. Celestia said I’d get used to it. I sure hope so, I hope I get used to this faster than I’m getting used to my wings.

I walked with Pinkie, but other thoughts entered my head. This was the first time I’d marry anypony together. Celestia said I should do it to help in the future. But, those nerves got into my head again. It seemed nothing was going completely right in my princess training.

For months it’s been almost non stop. Celestia and Voidera dragging me and Private to Canterlot for lessons, the constant hours studying Equestria Law and Royal Conduct, it was all very tiring. Don’t even get me started on the flight training, I’ve been falling flat on my face every stinking time! Rainbow and Cadence make it look so easy…

Maybe, maybe Celestia was wrong...maybe I’m not cut out for this…

I shook my head as we came to the bathroom door. Aj, Rarity, and Rainbow were all outside the door.

“Again?” I said with a frown.

Rainbow groaned, “Yep, she picked one without a window to fly in this time.”

“Don’t be so hard on her darlings,” Rarity said, “she’s just nervous about today.”

“Rarity, it was cute the first time,” Aj quipped, “But now, Ah just want her out of there, so she can marry mah brother, and start pumping out nieces and nephews before Ah have to drag her out with mah lasso again.”

“Let me talk to her,” I said, my horn glowing and with a crack I teleported inside the bathroom. There was Fluttershy, sitting in her wedding gown in front of the bathroom mirror. She was a little startled when I suddenly teleported in. But then she just sighed and looked in the mirror. “I can’t do this…”

“Fluttershy, you were okay the last three times,” I said, trying to be gentle.

“But I,” She shakes her head and says. “What if I’m not ready? What if I say something wrong? What if Mackey decides to run away? What…”

I slowly pulled her into a hug, careful not to ruin Rarity’s dress for her. “Fluttershy, you’ll do fine, we’re all behind you.”

“But-” She tried to say.

“But nothing,” I said looking at her, “you were willing to look a dragon straight in the eye, you can tell Big Mac you love him enough to spend the rest of your life with him.”

“That’s, true,” She said, looking down, “I’m sorry, I just...”

“Panicked?” I said with a smile, “I know the feeling.”

She smiled and said, “I guess I should go meet Daddy now huh?”

“Yep, before he starts drilling Rainbow again.” I said, laughing a little.

“Oh, daddy may seem tough, but inside he’s a real sweetheart.” Fluttershy said.

“I’m starting to see why you’re comfortable around bears.” I said flatly.

____________________________________________________________

Perspective: Private Eye

The gazebo was tastefully decorated with flowers, and pink, and red bunting. The seating around the place was filled with well-wishers, and family. Mostly Apple family, who were happy to see Big Macintosh marry. We couldn’t bring the whole family what with harvest in full swing, but enough came to wish Big Mac well.

Twilight stood at under the gazebo, Big Mac and I were standing off to the sides of her. I saw a look of nervousness pass her eye, but then I motioned for her to relax. She did her breathing trick Cadence taught her and smiled as the wedding music began to play.

And there she was, her dress was white, with green vine embroidery, dotted with little yellow flowers, and the occasional embroidered butterfly and apple. Rarity had done it again, showing Fluttershy’s connection with nature, and her new connection with Big Mac.On her head was a crown of flowers and a wedding veil hung from it. Her father was escorting her, the big guy looked about ready to cry. Fluttershy got the cutest smile on her face when she saw Big Mac. I couldn’t help but smile myself.

At least one hook up has gone right…

Big Mac was staring at her, I used my magic to keep his jaw from dropping to the floor. But, slowly a smile came to his face and the nervousness from before left his features. Flutterbreak left his daughter and went to sit with his wife, sweet Luna his tough guy attitude was completely gone when it came to Flutters.

Fluttershy stood before Big Mac, smiling and blushing a little as he gazed upon her. He got his mellow smile back on and suddenly the world was right again. I know what’s going through his head right now. He’ll do just fine.

Twilight spread her wings and the music quieted and a hush came over the crowd. She cleared her throat and said, “Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to bring two really good friends of mine together in holy matrimony.”

I gave Twilight a mimed smile and she did so, a little awkwardly as the nervousness settled in. But she kept a cool head as she said, “I am happy and proud to bring these two together at last. Should any pony have any objection-”

“They can taste mah shotgun!” Granny Smith shouted from her seat.

“I was going to say they can speak now or forever hold their peace… But it seems kind of pointless after that,” Twilight said, giggling a little.

Everypony got a chuckle after that, except Big Mac, AJ, and Applebloom who was among the flower girls. All three of them facehoofed at the same time.

I don’t know whether to be impressed or slightly freaked out at that.

I just shrugged as Twilight went on, she looked to Big Mac, “Do you, Macintosh Apple, take Fluttershy as your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health, until death do you part?”

Big Mac smiled at Fluttershy and said, “Eeyup.”

Twilight nodded, and looked to Fluttershy, “Do you Fluttershy, take Macintosh Apple to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health, until death do you part?”

Fluttershy’s aqua colored eyes looked to Big Macintosh, she smiled cutely and said, “Yes, yes I will…” Her voice may have been soft, but it was no less convinced this is what she wanted. Her Mackey.

“Bring forth the feathers.” Twilight called.

Pegasi tradition states that when a couple is to be wed they get a special feather known as a rainbow feather. It’s magically imbued to stick itself into the wings of their intended and to always grow that color. No matter how many times you preen it. Big Mac obviously didn’t have wings, but he insisted on performing the traditions.

Applebloom and Babs Seed came up, balancing pillows on their heads holding the rainbow feathers. Fluttershy temporarily removed hers for the ceremony. A second one was procured for Big Mac.

Twilight took the feathers in her magic and said, “Then, by the powers vested in me as Princess of Equestria, I now pronounce you both,” She levitated the feather into Fluttershy’s wing, it went into her wing and the rainbow color stood out in her yellow feathers. The other went to Big Mac’s hair, his blond mane tied itself around the feather. You gotta admit, he looked kind of cool in it. Almost like a tribal warrior or something.

Twilight finally said the words both of them have been waiting for, “Stallion, and wife, you may kiss the bride.”

Big Mac lifted Fluttershy’s veil gently up. Good Luna that smile she had, I remember Twilight’s smile when I lifted her veil up not long ago. I wonder, did I smile like Big Mac is now? I’d have to ask Twilight later.

The couple kissed and the crowd erupted in cheers and shouts. I was about to join in…

When I saw a mist coming towards us…

It was black, like smoke only lighter. When it hit the back row, some of the guests fell over as if they were knocked out.

“What the!” Rainbow cried, “I didn’t order any freaky mist today!” She zoomed over and flapped her wings rapidly to try and blow it away. But it only pressed forward, the mist entering her nostrils and causing her to fall over flat on the ground.

The mist was moving fast and before I knew it Applejack, Swarm, and most of the guests had fallen over flat.

“What the- uggh..” I watched as Twilight fell over too.

I ran to her to catch her, “Twi? What’s wrong are you okay?”

“Nap time…” Twilight said, closing her eyes….

Why wasn’t the mist making me fall over? For that matter, where did it come from?

I turned around and my eyes grew wide with horror. There was a stallion there, cloaked in a stealth suit and ski mask, he was levitating both Big Mac and Fluttershy. Both were knocked out but unharmed. I saw that his horn was glowing…

Green...with a violet outline…

This guy was using dark magic!

“What have you done!” I shouted.

The stallion stood there for a moment and said, “Moved my first piece, and captured two.”

His voice was distorted, he must be using a spell of some kind.

“You let them go right now!” I shouted, pulling Blackbird from inside my tuxedo and firing at him.

The stallion summoned a barrier that the bullet bounced off of. He then took off, Fluttershy and Big Mac held in his magic. I gave pursuit, I wasn’t going to let this bastard get away with them…

I chased him towards the outskirts of town, as I chased him I saw the whole town was asleep thanks to this weird mist. Whatever it was, it didn’t affect me. I was going to take advantage of that.

We passed by Fluttershy’s cottage and made our way down the path towards Everfree. I entered the strange forest and didn’t look back.

We stopped at a clearing, I ran out of bullets trying to hit the guy as he dodged his way through the trees getting here. I should’ve brought extra.

I watched as he sat there, laying the couple gently on the ground. He turned to me and watched as I came out of the brush.

“What do you want with them?” I asked.

“Nothing, they are a means to an end.” The stallion said, his eyes glowing with dark magic.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I think we’ve met before,” The stallion said, “Don’t worry about your friends...I’ll take good care of them…”

Rage entered me at how easily he saw my friends as pawns...I stuck my muzzle into the air and howled.

The stallion blinked at my strange outburst, “I didn’t think I would shock you to savager-” He stopped when he heard a low growl behind him.

I smirked, “Get him boy.”

Luca leaped out of the brush and bit the stallion on the left foreleg. The stallion yelled in pain as Luca bit into him. He glared at the wolf, and fired a bolt of shadow magic at him. Luca was thrown off, but blood stained his teeth. Good boy…

I tackled the stallion during his brief moment of disorientation. We tumbled for a while and Luca managed to get a second bite on his hind leg. I took a punch to the face and fell off the guy. When I turned around he was about to get another Luca bite.

That was until his horn sparked, his hoof stomped and a rock pillar suddenly hit Luca in the gut as it jutted from the ground. Alchemy? How was this possible?

Luca slammed into a tree and fell unconscious.

I glared at the stallion, “You let my friends go right now!” I shouted, ready to tackle the guy again.

“I’m afraid not Private Eye, for your friends are instrumental and cannot be wasted,” The stallion said, his voice giving away nothing.

“You were the one who summoned the mist weren’t you?” I said, glaring at him.

“Correct.”

“Why am I not affected?” I asked.

The stallion gave a low laugh. “Quite simple, you’ve used my magic before, you’ve developed a resistance, or maybe you’ve always had it. I wonder, does your dear Twilight Sparkle know just how strong you are once you let your hate and rage take over? Or, have you truly lost your teeth.”

“I’ll show you lost teeth!” I yelled, about to tackle him again.

His horn sparked and a wall of black crystal formed in front of me. I slammed into it and cursed as I fell back onto the grass. I yelled in rage, and fired a magical blast at the wall. The crystal shattered and I saw as the stallion had Fluttershy and Big Mac...and he was stepping through some kind of dark portal.

“The game’s begun Private Eye, catch me if you can,” He said, jumping in.

“NOOOO!!!” I leapt towards the portal, but it closed before I got to it and I slammed down into the grass.

I failed...I failed to stop that bastard from taking my friends...Fluttershy...Big Mac...forgive me….

I watched as Luca limped over towards me, he pushed his muzzle to me, trying to gauge if I was okay. I rubbed him on the head to reassure him. “You did great buddy,” I said.

Luca gave me a gentle lick on one of my bruises. His teeth had some blood on him, but his saliva would contaminate it. I’d never be able to get a DNA sample of the blood.

Whoever this guy is….

He just declared war...