• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 1,095 Views, 27 Comments

Wherever Soarin Goes - Puppo530



Soarin has a date with a princess of Equestria, and he is stoked for it. Little does he know that he will fall for someone very different than what he ever could've thought.

  • ...
17
 27
 1,095

5 - Is

"How could she be so mean?" Soarin asked through the running faucets of his face. "How could she just treat my love like a game like this? All for fun? Who does that?"

I would never do those things to you, Soarin. Not in a million years. "I don't know, Soarin. I just don't know."

"Just, why? Why?" he asked in utter despair. She softly consoled him while drawing her hoof through his mane. Under different circumstances, this would've been beautiful. But alas, her love was in tears over a different mare. Will Spitfire ever catch a break? Maybe, just maybe. If she could only...

"You know what?" Spitfire declared, standing up from her consoling position on the floor with Soarin. Soarin looked up in question. "Who cares about Twilight? She broke your heart, you need to break her... face! You need to spend time with a mare who truly cares about you!" Like me! Like me! Like me! Like me!

Soarin stopped crying. He turned to look at Spitfire, almost asking if she had really said those words. He began to nod his head in agreement. "Yeah..." he started out slowly at first, but then built up to a more powerful, "Yeah! I should break her face! Who cares about Twilight?"

"Yeah! Get back at her!" With me!

"I will get back at her! By breaking her face!" Wait... "Tomorrow, I'm gonna go to her house, and show her why she shouldn't break a Wonderbolt's heart!" Wait... no... "I'm gonna show her a broken face! Her own!" What?... Soarin leaped up and bolted towards the door. Right before he left, he turned around and and said, "Thanks, Spitfire. I couldn't have done it without you." As he soared off into the night, Spitfire wailed in her own mind. No! You're supposed to get back at her with me! Noooooo!

Will Spitfire ever catch a break?

-

Soarin had just woken up from a particularly strange dream. He thought he say... no. It couldn't have been. That wouldn't make any sense. They had nothing in common. It was ludicrous to even think about it. No. Ew. He simply put the thought, the wretched dream, out of his mind and went to the fridge to get a carton of eggs. Yes. Perfect. This would look beautiful on Twilight's house.

He lobbed the eggs one at a time, trying to see how many it took to get Twilight's attention. Four. Five. Six. Surely not seven. When the seventh egg hit the wall, Spike saw a figure moving near the window. Finally, Twilight would show her face. Instead, he saw Spike open the window, and his heart jumped. In a way, Spike was just the dragon Soarin wanted to see.

He just didn't know why.

-

"No, I just want to have a word with her!"

"If you're gonna pick a fight, then fight me. I'll gladly protect Twilight any day."

"Fine! 6 o'clock! Tonight! Ponyville town hall!"

"Maybe I will!"

This was weird. He hadn't come here with the intention of fighting Spike. He hadn't come here with the intention to fight anyone at all. At the most he was going to throw an egg at Twilight's face. Max. Maybe two. Nothing more. Now he was going to duke it out with Spike? What?

-

No government today, because it's raining. The town hall stood emptily, a shell of what it normally is. Not a pony was in sight. Well, besides one lone pegasus standing in front of the main entrance of the town hall. Soarin didn't care how wet he became, he just stood there in the rain. His mane was just a big blue mop hanging over his eyes. He didn't care. He just stood there.

It was a minute to six. No sign of the dragon. Soarin's heart had been toyed with too much. If this dragon doesn't show, he'll go directly for Twilight. Or would he? He didn't really want to fight Spike, nor Twilight. They were really nice and stuff. Even Spike was... no. But Twilight was really nice about the whole breakup thing. She did seem like she felt sorry about it. Did he really need to do this? Still, maybe duking it out with Spike will show Twilight the error of her ways. Maybe.

He wasn't really sure.

-

Spike had finally woken up fully. For a long time he had stood there in the bedroom groggily wondering what to do. Now he had truly woken up, and he had some questions for himself. Firstly, what the heck was that dream about? Good thing it would never happen. It was just too weird. It was really weird. Spike was slightly relieved that it was over. Secondly, why the heck had he agreed to a duel with Soarin? He'd never gotten in a fight before. He'd never really been that angry with someone to challenge them to a fight. What was going on? Could it have been something to do with his dream... no. Ew. No. Gross. Stop.

Stop.

He was going to have to face Soarin at six o'clock, whether he liked it or not.

-

When the clock struck six, a purple figure appeared in one of the streets leading up to the town hall. A small baby dragon, Spike, slowly made his way towards Soarin. On the outside, he was calm, cool, collected, the three c's. On the inside, he was a nervous wreck about to break. He couldn't take on a Wonderbolt. No freakin way. There had to be some way out of this. His mind raced through possible escape plans as he finally met Soarin on the field of battle.

The rain pummeled them intensely. They stood facing each other dramatically as lightning struck behind them, silhouetting them in the evening. Soarin tossed his head about, causing his wet mane to send water flying everywhere. Spike ran his hand through his spikes, causing them to shoot back water when they recoiled. Both were thinking of ways to get out of this. Neither wanted to do this in reality. Both had had dreams. Strange dreams.

"You're going down!" Soarin cockily, and falsely for he truly did not feel that way, yelled. "I'm much bigger than you, and am much stronger! You can't win! Just give up!" Maybe just telling him to leave will get me out of this.

"I'm not leaving until you promise to stop harassing Twilight!" Spike yelled in retaliation. Please do. Please do. Please do.

Sweet! A way out! He pretended to think it over for a few moments before agreeing with, "Fine! I promise!"

Oh thank heavens! Spike sighed in relief. Wait, is he really going to stop harassing her? I'm not so sure... "How can I trust you?"

Oh shoot. This dragon was good. Too good. Too-. Ummm... "Uh..."

Dang it. I had to ask that, didn't I. Great, Spike. I can just say "I believe you, Soarin," and walk away, but then he might hurt Twilight. I can't let that happen. I have to help her. She's helped me so much... "Well then..." He hesitated before finishing his thought. "... I guess we'll just have to fight then!" Dang it.

Dang it, Soarin. You couldn't think of one thing to swear on? Come on. You don't really want to hurt this dragon, do you? "You're going down! Just you see!" I can't fight this dragon, can I? Surely not! I might kill him or something! I can't...

The two creatures screamed at one another. Thunder rolled in the distance as they began to charge, screaming at the top of their lungs. Nothing would be able to stop this fight now. Something bad was about to happen. Something bad always happens. It was only a matter of ti-

"STOP!" The voice rang out through the several streets and alleys that were directly adjacent to the town hall. The two opponents couldn't stop, even if they heard the voice. They slammed into each other just as Twilight, the owner of the voice who commanded them to stop, arrived. She had heard about the fight from a note Spike left at the library. She was kicking herself all the way over there for letting things get out of hand this way. And to neglect them at Rarity's house all night? Not cool, Twilight. Not cool.

She saw the horror of it all. The biting and clawing. The scratching and kicking. The wrapping and slamming. The crying and... laughing? Were they laughing? Twilight flew forwards to get a better look, and a better hear. They were.

Spike was pounding Soarin's back as Soarin was lightly trying to throw Spike off. Both were laughing hysterically at the very nature of the battle. Neither of them wanted to do it. Neither were in great pain. They were having fun. Like two siblings wrestling just for the heck of it, the two creatures, one pony and one dragon, were just having a bit of fun. Their intentions had started out as malicious, but they ended giddily.

After a while of this playful wrestling, they lay next to each other in the damp grass, smiling. Twilight, as confused as ever, stood over them. Her face was contorted into one of amusement and puzzlement. The two opponents, now friends, laughed together on the ground. Soarin even reached down and softly liked the forehead of Spike, causing him to blush.

Yes, all was well in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What?

If you feel the above emotion, I feel you, man. I feel you.

What the heck is going on? Is the plot resolved? Is there seriously going to be another chapter? Why have the main characters suddenly been switched up? Is Twilight no longer important to the story? Licking? Dreams? Will Spitfire ever catch a break? What the heck is going on? For reals this time, find out the answer to all of these questions in the next and final chapter "6 - This?"