• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 1,095 Views, 27 Comments

Wherever Soarin Goes - Puppo530



Soarin has a date with a princess of Equestria, and he is stoked for it. Little does he know that he will fall for someone very different than what he ever could've thought.

  • ...
17
 27
 1,095

4 - Heck

"Can't I go to bed? It's getting really late, girls. There's the big gala tomorrow and I don't want to be tired the entire day like today."

"Come now, Twilight!" the mares tempted. "Just one quick game of 'Kiss, Marry, Kill'?"

"Oh alright," Twilight finally ceded. She sat down in the circle her group of friends had made. Even Spike was there.

The game started slowly, for Fluttershy did not like to say which of the three she would kill, even though she had already picked stallions for the other two categories leaving only one option. It picked up again once Pinkie said without hesitation that she would kiss Gummy, much to the surprise of everypony there.

The game finally fell upon the princess and Rarity instigated the question, "Alright, Twilight, kiss, marry, kill: Big Macintosh, Soarin, or..." she paused for dramatic effect "...Prince Blueblood?"

"Well obviously," she began to answer, "I would kill Prince Blueblood." This was immediately followed by a roar of approval and many nodding of heads, none of which were more enthusiastic than that of Rarity. "I would marry Big Mac." Everypony in the circle, including Spike, looked around at one another, nodding their heads in understanding. It left just one more pony. Slightly blushing, Twilight admitted, "I guess I would kiss Soarin then."

"Ooooooooh..." the group cooed. "Does Twilight have another crush under her belt?" Rarity teased.

"No!" she denied, but it only added to their suspicions. "It's just that, he's rather..."

"Dreamy?" "Handsome?" "Hunkalicious?" (The latter of which was suggested by Pinkie Pie, as always.)

"Well... yes." The group oohed once more with approval and slight teasing. "But that's it, it's just a silly little crush."

Rarity, with her almighty relationship prowess, immediately began to dissect the situation, "You see: your problem, dear Twilight, is that you never act. You pine and you pine and you pine..." she paused for the laughter to die down a little, "... over these stallions and you don't do anything about it." A murmur of agreement spread over the room. "I bet... you can't go on five dates with the guy." A challenge had been issued. Everypony turned to look at Twilight to see how she would respond.

Twilight Sparkle, princess of Equestria, had been warned about this: peer pressure. On the other hand, it couldn't really hurt anypony. It was just five dates. Hardly enough to develop a really strong emotional connection with another. Also, it might even lead to a possible long-term relationship. It truly was a win-win situation. With this idea in mind, Twilight accepted the challenge. The next day, at the gala, she acted. Soarin, though taken aback, heartily accepted.

Nothing could go wrong.

-

One date later...

-

"Goodnight, Soarin." When he had finally left, she quickly but softly closed the door. "Whew. I'm glad that's over."

"It wasn't too bad, was it?" Spike inquired as he shoved the last parts of his eggs into his mouth.

"No, it was really nice. He's so sweet. He's just a bit..."

"Stupid?" Spike suggested.

"Stop it," she laughed.

"Well, I think you two are quite adorable."

"Thanks, Spike."

"Anytime." After a few minutes of silence and of Spike eating, he asked again, "So what is wrong with the guy?"

"Well, I guess you were a little right earlier," she sheepishly admitted. "He's just not... that... bright. That sounds really mean though."

"Twilight, compared to you, everypony is not that bright." Spike held the plate upside down above his head, licking the last crumbly bits of egg off the plate.

"He's also really interested in a lot of things that I'm not particularly fond of, you know?" She slowly began removing the makeup that she had applied earlier for the very date from which she just returned.

"Like what?" Spike asked.

Twilight thought for a minute. "Football. He just absolutely loves football. Almost wouldn't stop talking about it. Really all sports in general. He absolutely adores sports."

"Well, what can you expect?" Spike obviously pointed out. "He's a freakin' Wonderbolt, for Celestia's sake. Of course he's gonna be really athletic and into sports."

"I know, it's just..."

"So you've gotten over your crush of him?" Spike began to make his way up the stairway.

Twilight wiped away the last bits of makeup from her face and stepped out of her dress. "Yes, I have," she admitted. "There's nothing wrong with him, he's just not my type. He's a good guy, just not my kind of good guy. Oh well. Only four more dates with him." Twilight climbed into bed and added, "You would really like him though."

"I would?" Spike too wrapped himself in his blankets.

"Oh yes." A yawn escaped Twilight's mouth. "You two would be like best friends or something."

"Is that so..." They both drifted off to peaceful sleep.

-

Four dates and a tear-filled breakup later...

-

Spike was secondly aroused by a loud thumping noise. He turned over on his side and continued snoozing, when another noise disturbed his slumber. Groggily, he pulled the covers off himself and rolled out of his bed. He was a little surprised to see that Twilight was not in her bed, but he dismissed this as some girlfriend sleepover party or something equally girlish and therefore out of his thoughts.

He made his way over to the window and looked out to see a blue flying figure outside. He fumbled and opened the window to discover that it was Soarin who was outside the library. He was holding a gray box thing, Spike's eyes couldn't quite make it out yet for they were still awaking. The Wonderbolt pulled out a thing from the box and threw it against the treehouse. Spike called out to him, "Hey, Soarin! What are you doing?"

Soarin noticed Spike. "Twilight Sparkle broke my heart!" he screamed. "This is no less than what she deserves!" He threw another object over Spike's head and into the bedroom. It cracked against the floor and splattered its contents everywhere. An egg? Spike wondered. Is he egging us?

Spike turned back towards the pegasus and shouted, "Are you freaking egging us? Not cool, man."

Soarin dropped the carton of eggs. "She broke my heart! Where is she?"

"I don't know, dude. I haven't seen her all day. I don't think she wants to talk to you though."

"When you see her, tell her that Soarin wants to have a word with her!"

"Are you challenging her to a duel or something? What?" Spike was awfully confused. It was early. Give him a break.

"No, I just want to have a word with her!"

"If you're gonna pick a fight, then fight me. I'll gladly protect Twilight any day."

"Fine! 6 o'clock! Tonight! Ponyville town hall!"

"Maybe I will!"

With the new fight instigated, Soarin flew off to his home, leaving the now broken carton of eggs behind. Spike on the other hand finally woke up fully. What did I just agree to? A fight? With a Wonderbolt?

I'm dead.

Author's Note:

And so the convoluted plot thickens. Even I wonder what will happen next. I seriously have no freakin idea how to get to the ending I wish to reach. I guess we'll find out together, dear reader.

What's happening to Soarin? Will he ever forgive Twilight? Is this Spike's true purpose in this story? Will Spitfire ever catch a break? Find out the pseudo-answers to these and less in the next installment: 'Chapter 5 - Is'!

Moral questions: Has Twilight successfully repented? Are Soarin's actions justified? Are they morally right? Is Spike a lazy bum? On which side of the morality scale is Spitfire? Am I morally justified in writing this?

Hint: the answer to the last moral question is 'no'.