• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 1,095 Views, 27 Comments

Wherever Soarin Goes - Puppo530



Soarin has a date with a princess of Equestria, and he is stoked for it. Little does he know that he will fall for someone very different than what he ever could've thought.

  • ...
17
 27
 1,095

1 - What

"I can't believe I have a date with Twilight freakin' Sparkle!" Soarin' shouted as he un-crooked his bow tie. "She's a freakin' princess of Equestria for crying out loud!"

"What the f*** Soarin, don't cuss," Spitfire warned as she yanked a brush through his mane. "It's pretty crazy how it happened too."

"Yeah, she just trotted straight up to me and asked me out. What's up with that?" Soarin yelped in pain as Spitfire tugged harder on his luscious hair.

If only I had that much courage, Spitfire cried to herself. She had had it going on for Soarin ever since that one magical night after practice... but that could never happen. He didn't see her like that. He would never see her like that. She still pulled the comb through his mane, admiring it more and more with each pull. It truly was beautiful. The cerulean hair cascaded over his tense, muscly body. Alas, it could not be. They were Wonderbolts. Intra-team relations were strictly forbidden. Still, she could easily do away with the rule as the captain, but the traditions of previous Wonderbolts could not be squandered. She would have to set aside her feelings for him. She would have to not give into the temptation. She would have to be strong. Use all of her strength not to yell out right now, "I love you." She couldn't. She couldn't...

"Yo, Spitfire," Soarin called back, pulling her out of her trance. "I think my mane's done now. I swear you're about to pull it out."

I would never do that to such beautiful hair, Soarin. I love it too much. I love you too much. No. No. No. No. No. Stop it, Spitfire. Pull yourself together. He's not that handsome, right? Those muscles aren't that rough and big. His coat isn't that perfectly straight. His mane isn't a deep blue that reminds you of the tossing seas of your inner emotions. Not at all. Heh. Heh. Heh. Heh...

"Are you okay, Spitfire?" Soarin turned around to his friend (only friends only friends Spitfire forced herself to think) with a look of genuine concern. He cares about me! Look at his face! He loves me! As a friend, Spitfire! Only as a friend! Pull yourself together! Don't stare into his eyes! His beautifu- Something was up with Spitfire. Soarin knew that she was crushing on him in a huge way. He tried to make it easier for her, but asking her to help him prepare for a date wasn't the nicest thing he could've done. He made a mental note not to do this in the future. He slowly backed away, heading towards the door.

"Well, if you're okay, I'll just head on to my date. You know. The one that's with Twilight." After no response from the mare, he left with, "Okay bye now, Spitfire." In a flash, he was out the door. Goodbye, my love. A tear slowly slid down her cheek as she prepared for another night of crying herself to sleep due to the unrequited love that plagued her.

-

"Spike! I told you to file these books an hour ago! Now how will ponies find their books of Pre-Nightmare Music if you don't put them in the right section!"

Spike sighed. He didn't feel like getting out of bed. He just felt like snuggling up with his blankie and dream more about gems. Mmmmm... gems. It's actually been 55 minutes since you asked me to sort those books, Twilight, but who's counting? Spike lazily rolled out of his basket and stood upright. He looked down upon Twilight from the upper floor. She was lightly padding herself with something-a-ma-jig that Spike assumed was for makeup. "You're actually putting on makeup? I haven't seen you do that since the Gala five months ago!"

"Ha ha ha, Spike. Very funny. I'll have you know, I have a very big date tonight with one Mr. Soarin, so if you won't mi-"

"Wait, Soarin?" Spike asked. "Oh, you mean when Rarity-"

"No!" Twilight asserted defensively. "This is a simple, totally romantic, date. I happen to like Mr. Soarin very much, so you can be quiet."

"Sure." Spike rolled his eyes. He was dragging his feet down the stairs when there was a knock at the door. Twilight rushed over to the door and pulled it open with a swish of magic. Soarin stood there, a little nervous. Biting his lip. Pfft. Who could blame him? He was about to go on a date with a princess for goodness' sake. Still, Spike made a note of this to tease about later.

"Wow," Soarin mouthed, not being able to speak. He looked at Twilight with all her glory. All her beautiful beauty. Oh, wow, he thought. How did I manage this? A date with Twilight Sparkle? He realized quickly that he was just standing there in the doorway with his mouth agape. He internally shook himself awake. You've gotta get your head in the game, Soarin. After fixing himself up mentally, he held out his right hoof to her. "Your majesty, may we proceed?"

Oh my goodness he's such a dork, Spike thought. Twilight didn't think so apparently. She blushed. "You don't have to call me your majesty, Soarin. Just Twilight's fine," she said rather sheepishly.

"But you are a princess, and I intend to honor you as such. Shall we proceed?" She took her hoof and they walked out the door. They're all a bunch of dorks, Spike thought as he took the opportunity to head back into his bed. They are such dorks. Adorable little dorks.

Author's Note:

I'm so incredibly sorry.

Still, this was really fun to write.

Will Spitfire ever get a break? What happens on Soarin and Twilight's date? Will Spike ever get those books filed correctly? With whom will Soarin fall in love? Tune in next time to find out in 'Chapter 2 - The'!