• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 1,774 Views, 19 Comments

Appleshy Prompt Tag Collab - Twinkletail



A collection of 100-500 word prompt stories from the Appleshy group

  • ...
9
 19
 1,774

Pie - Twinkletail

Written by Twinkletail


It had been a slow day at Applejack's stand in the marketplace. In some ways, that was nice, since Fluttershy had taken to joining her at the stand. Less customers meant less money, but also more time to talk with her love. As AJ looked at the time, though, she knew business was about to pick up.

Sure enough, right at 3:24, AJ's best customer landed in front of her stand. She gave him a warm smile, gently nudging some apple fritters out of the way to ease the main event up to the front.

"Howdy there, Soarin," AJ said, settling a fresh apple pie into the front and center position. "Reckon this is what you're here for?"

"You know it, Applejack!" Soarin laughed, reaching into his saddlebags for payment. Fluttershy, meanwhile, gave him a look from behind the stand, a look which went unnoticed by the Wonderbolt.

"That'll be five bits," the farmer said with a smile. She held her hoof out, and Soarin placed the bits gingerly in it.

"Here's an extra bit," Soarin said with a smirk. "One for that pretty smile you gave me."

Fluttershy's wings flared out. She felt a burning feeling in her chest, something she couldn't remember ever feeling before. At least not this strongly. It often came up in a much gentler form when she saw Soarin talking to Applejack. The farmer turned to put the bits in her bag, when she saw Fluttershy at attention. She was staring daggers at him. Probably soft, fuzzy daggers, considering her usual demeanor, but daggers nonetheless. AJ recognized it instantly, and let a tiny smirk cross her face.

"Is that a lil' bit of jealousy I see, hon?" AJ whispered playfully. Fluttershy blushed heavily and shook her head. By this point in their relationship, Applejack knew her sweet honeycrisp well enough to know when she had wiggle room to be playful. This was one of those times. She turned back to Soarin, her smirk growing.

"Don't reckon I could earn a couple more bits with another smile, could I?" the farmer asked, batting her eyelashes and tilting her head just enough so Shy could see from her position. A blush crossed Soarin's cheeks.

"How could I say no to that face?" he said, passing a couple more bits over. "But I'd pay even more for a little ki-"

"The stand is closed!" Fluttershy suddenly cried. AJ and Soarin blinked and looked to her. Shy shrunk back, her face red. They both knew that it had gone too far, and Soarin bid AJ a quick goodbye before leaving with his pie.

"I'm sorry, honeycrisp," AJ told Shy, looking sheepish. "Just thought it'd be fun to play around. Makes me feel good that you want me all for yourself." Shy's face turned even redder, and she kicked a hoof idly in the dirt.

"...M-maybe it would be a nice sight..." she said, just above a whisper.

"What would be-" AJ began. Then a knowing smirk crossed her face. "Oh, you bad girl."