• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 885 Views, 63 Comments

Loneliness and Friendship - RustyKat



A unicorn and a pegasus meet in a rather unusual way.

  • ...
12
 63
 885

One Rough Meeting

Dubstep Melody was walking in her home town, Los Pegasus, during the night. Stars glittered coldly overhead, and the moonlight lit up the dark sky. She was happy living in this town, were she felt she belonged, with friendly folk here and there. As Melody stared at the stars, she could hear some shouts from a house nearby, followed by a pegasus mare running out of the house. Concerned, Melody flew over to a nearby bush, and could just hear some of the words of the shouting.

"You are a unicorn! You'll never be a pegasus! Never!" Shouted the black pegasus father, as he ran outside, carrying a small, sniveling purple unicorn filly. He placed the filly on the ground, staring at her with anger.

"You have disgraced my family, Granite Sands. You are no longer my daughter."

With that cruel thing said, the mare cried,"No! you can't do this to my daughter, Onyx!"
The stallion whipped around to face her. "I can do what i want, Ribbon!!" Gee, why doesn't she leave him? Thought Melody with melancholy. With that, Onyx threw the filly into the lake nearby, and thrust the filly into it, holding her under the water, intending to drown her.

Granite sands struggled under her Onyx's grip on her throat underwater, fighting to reach the surface. But soon, her actions proved fruitless, as she lost consciousness, and went limp. "No! You monster!" Ribbon cried at him. "Heh, I don't need you Telling me what to do.. See you never." And with that, he flew off. Melody watched as Ribbon sobbed, her shoulders heaving for what seemed hours, before she slunk back in her house, and returned with a white candle. She lit it next to her house, setting a framed picture next to it.

"Someday we'll meet again." Ribbon said softly, before heading into the house. Immediately, Melody rushed over to the water, and lifted the comatose filly out of it. Placing her on the ground, Melody then began to push the water out of Granite's lungs. After a few minutes, the filly coughed water out of her lungs. She was okay, but not out of the woods yet...She was still unconscious. I better take her away from here, in case Onyx comes back to finish her off. She spread her wings, and took off, the filly in her fore hooves.

As she flew, she couldn't help but think about how grey the filly's father had looked. Gee, he really had no color.... She landed to where she had been gazing at the stars, and put Granite on the ground. Since Melody had been living here only a few months, she still had no home. Her stuff was stowed under the small hill, were no pony would see it, and she draped a wing over the filly, as she laid down. The sky, full of dark clouds, soon began to pour, and Melody quickly grabbed Granite, her things, and huddled under a poorly shaded tree. Nothing seems to be going right today... She thought as she yawned. Putting her stuff in the saddle bag, but having no place to stow it, she decided she had to wear it. She laid down on the ground, draped her wing over the filly to keep the rain at least off Granite, and fell asleep, the ice cold rain beginning to soak Melody's fur to the skin.

Author's Note:

Bad luck happens all the time... could it be a coincidence that they had to meet?