• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 4,718 Views, 898 Comments

The War of Champions - Onomonopia



A last attempt to restore a world that has fallen to hate

  • ...
11
 898
 4,718

Author's Note: Thank You All

Hello there readers. This is a little something that I've wanted to do for a while, but figured that the best place for it was at the end of the massive, brain destroying, probably will never do again team-up. I've wanted to put one of these at the end of each of my stories, but due to reasons (I'm an idjit) I will be doing it here instead.

First off I would just like to thank everyone who has read and supported any and all of these stories. Originally there was only supposed to be the Batman story, but so many people loved and supported it that it gave me both the inspiration and the confidence to try my hand at a number of different characters. If I didn't have you readers supporting me, I don't know if I could have done so many of these stories. Actually, writing these stories is what cemented my decision to try and become a full fledge writer. So thank all of you for helping me to find my purpose.

Next up is the list of ideas that I have for upcoming stories, or rather ideas that I have a little bit of a plan for. But instead of deciding this for myself, I'll give you guys a few options and see what you want. This isn't to decide whether or not I'll write these stories, it's just for priority for which ones people would like to see first.

So let me ask, would you like to see a wielder of the keyblade take up arms against the darkness? Or would you rather see the mane six team up with the freedom fighters in the battle against Eggman? Perhaps we could bring a character to the Equestria Girls world? Or maybe the Wandering Warrior should get a chance? Perhaps a Pokémon? Would you like to see more Marvel or more DC characters? Or have I done enough comic characters to satisfy your bloodlust and I should mine a different vein? I do want to do all of these stories, but I also would like to know which one you all would like to see first so I don't jump back and forth between my choices.

But that doesn't mean that I've run out of ideas on my own to write about. I currently have six more stories on deck with varying characters and world, with some twists to my usual writing style thrown in among most of them. Maybe some characters become ponies? Maybe we get off Equestria for once and go someplace different? I can also promise all of you that there is a sequel to a certain story coming and if you've been around for a while, you might be able to guess what it is. But I won't spoil anything.

I'll also say that depending on what happens in this upcoming year will result in whether I slow down in my writing or kick it into overdrive. If stories or chapters come out less frequently, then I'm probably insanely busy. I'd like to keep going as I have been, but I'm stuck in a thing called life. Also, if this seems short, I'm burned out from writing the team up and my brain is seven kinds of fried, so I'm not at my best right now.

I'd also like to point out that I have somehow managed to reach over one thousand followers at the time of me writing this. I am so grateful that all thousand of you gave me a chance to introduce some of your favorite characters to the world of ponies and for the most part you all seem to enjoy what I have put out there. A thousand followers is a huge milestone and I hope to make sure that every single one of you will enjoy the stories that are to come.

But once again I'd like to thank all of you for your support, feedback and opinions on my writings. I know that some of them have been debated as being my best or worse, but each story I have written holds a special place in my heart and I enjoy all of them, just as I enjoy seeing you enjoy or debate them with others. You've made this past two and almost a half years a really fun time for me. So again, thanks.

AAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDD finally, the part that everyone's been waiting for. The who's next? The who is this crazy man that makes words appear on my screen going to write about next? Which character will have the chance to be whisked off to Equestria where friendship and smiles abound?...Well, I don't like my clues to be too to obvious, but I feel like this character is best explained through a little saying like this.

Against fearful days and the blackest nights, we shelter all beneath our light. You may have fear, darkness and unstoppable might, but when hope and will combine, our true power ignites!

See you all soon.

Author's Note:

K, let me clarify a bit. You're free to leave your own suggestions but I'd also like to know which of the ideas I suggested I should do before others. Thanks

Comments ( 174 )

Kyle Rayner? He gave hope to a hopeless Saint Walker, but you used the term 'we' so I'm guessing two characters.

I really wanna see the Flash, any one of them. It seems like Wally would be the most fun to write though

I want to see some video game characters show up like say...Dizzy from the Guilty Gear series or Tsubaki from Blazblue.

a sequel to emerald dragon perhaps? also since you wanna try something different, why not a ponified Raiden from Metal Gear Rising, 1- because there are few good stories with this series, 2- i cant help but fantasize about pony raiden fighting a Metal Gear Ray, 3- hes view of justice is a nice contrast to that of Celestia's (in my opinion), other thing you may try is using newer comic book characters, give your own view of how they could develop, i only say this cause i want a Agent Venom story so bad, but many seen uninterested in him :applecry:.

5947550
It's the sequel. Haven't played a metal gear game so I am probably not the first choice to do a story. If I can find a good agent venom comic, then maybe but so far I haven't been impressed.

I would go with Raiden from Metal Gear Solid. It should take place after the following months with at the defeat of Steven Armstrong.

5947531

This. That, or Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. However, since comic book heroes don't get NEARLY as much love on this site I'd be happy even with another Bat Family related fic if only to give the animemoo nihonophiles who like shiz like Guilty Gear or BlazBlue for anything other than the fighting mechanics and the animoo camp value. Ironically enough, though, I'd also be okay with ANY more Street Fighter fics, because Street Fighter, at least in the story apartment, kicks Guilty Gear's and BlazBlue's ass if for no other reason than not following the spikey haired, big sword, buckles-a-plenty tropes of stereotypical anime.

5947550

Hideous Kojima is a hack on par with Stephanie Myers, and the Metal Gear Solid Franchise is the video-game industry's Twilight series.

*Looks at Final Fantasy series*

Okay... maybe not THAT bad, but certainly close enough.

This in of itself is not that big a deal, especially since he's a Game Designer and good gameplay could save even the most hackneyed of plots (except for the one for Prototype 2) , only as the series has progressed, the gameplay in his games has consistently varied between okay, slightly above average, or slightly below average.

Still, I'll give Hideous credit: he certainly knows how to grow a fanbase almost as ravenous, loyal, and vocal, as bronies and unlike the creators of MLP: FiM, did so intentionally and with concerted effort. Loyal fans of evil though, are still loyal fans of evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpbB14fr_gI

The Keyblade sounds interesting but I have no complaints against more DC or Marvel characters. Is there a chance that you can write about Damian Wayne or Jason Todd if you choose DC? Regarding the KH crossover, will the characters remain transformed or remain human like in KH2? By the way, what happened to the remaining Judges? Adam is alive, Spike and the traitor died in battle, but we don't know what happened to Trixie, Tinker, and the zebra so I am feeling curious about those three. Finally, thank you for this anthology, I started watching you since Batman and I kept watching you since the Silver Mare appeared on Billy's story and I am happy to have seen this arc to the end. I look forward to your next stories.

Would you like to see more Marvel or more DC characters?

Wolverine, Punisher, Darkseid, Judge Dredd, Lobo, Judge Dredd, Doctor Doom, and Doctor Strange.
But out of that list, I can boil the amount of fics that I would most like to see done to three: Lobo (as long as he stays a Czarnian throughout the fic), Wolverine, and Punisher.

5947624
The KH character will remain "human". Damien has a chance, but not Todd. I believe I implied that Trixie was the first sacrificed to the End. And thank you for following for all these years, it means a lot.

Well the characters i would like to see are Alex Mercer from prototype 1, Cole macgrath from infamous 2 the good path, delsin rowe from infamous: second son the good path, Kratos from god of war 3, and Lucy from the elfen lied manga.

5947563 Metal Gear Rising is a pretty Standalone and simple story, the hardest part would be flashbacks to his early life, that would require some research.

I would love to see Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or Ant-Man (Hank Pym) end up in Equestria.

For a while, Doomsday was not only sapient and sentient, but a hero. Being able to think let him see just how stupid his previous way of life was. Then he sacrificed his sentience to save Superman's life. I think it would be fun to see a post-Reign of the Doomsdays story where he winds up in Equestria after tackling the Doomslayer into the spacial rift and regains his sentience. He wouldn't be interested

5947715 Sorry. I hate typing on my mobile.

As I was saying, he wouldn't be interested in redemption. He won't apologize for actions taken when he was little more than a feral beast with the mind of a traumatized infant. He still has his omnicidal

5947725 Again? Really?

His omnicidal instincts. He just is able to consciously override them. This would be a story about him finally finding peace.

5947537 That would be awesome a Dizzy or just Guilty Gear in general fic.

5947715 ohhh Completely forgot about Doomsday( and he is one of my favorites), shame on me, maybe he crash lands on the planet, regenerates in the shape of a pony, gets to know the mane 6, crisis happens, then turns into his old self.

I'd suggest the Flash, but I'm already writing a Flash!pony fic myself. But, if you do use the Flash I ask one thing: Use Eobard Thawne{aka: Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash} as the main villain. No pony villains, as Zoom is much more likely to work alone (and he's kill them all right after meeting, making a villain team up pointless anyway) .

As for other Characters I think you should use: Samus Aran from Metroid. Captain America, Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto, Goku from Dragonball, or even the Doctor (maybe 10 or 11 should make an appearance, but the main Doctor should be the current one: 12). Or go with a Comedy fic for a change of pace, and maybe Bugs or Yakko, Wakko and Dot are somehow brought to Equestria accidentally via Discord shenanigans.

But, I'd like to see Someone no one has even used as a main character in a crossover before: Steel (with his villain being either Darkseid or Cyborg Superman/Hank Henshaw).

Now, I doubt you'll actually use Steel, but John Henry Iron is one of my favorite characters. So, I figure it couldn't hurt to ask.

Also, if the next character is Kyle, I expect either Major Force or the Anti-Monitor as the main big bad.

White lanturn!

Hello. I very much enjoy your stories and I wanted to comment on this page. For the Kingdom Hearts crossover, that could be an interesting idea. Since you want to do something different than Equestria, this crossover could take place over a multitude of worlds and environments. I do enjoy both Marvel and DC characters and I would love to see a good Punisher story.

Maybe some characters become ponies?

After reading this I couldn't help but think of a ponified Punisher and the reaction he would have. The body count would be gigantic!

For characters outside of comic books, how about Raiden from Metal Gear Rising (And yeah I say other comments recommending him too). I like the character and his view on justice is an interesting twist from the usual black/white approach of Equestria.

Thanks so much for the stories, you are quite the writer good sir.

I'd personally be a fan of the KH thing. If you did do it though, exactly when would it take place? Post Dream Drop Distance? Between Chain of Memories and KHII with Riku (and possibly the King)? Or something entirely off-script? Other than that, looking forward to the sequel to Emerald Dragon. I don't know much about comics, so you can do whatever you want there. Anyway, I've been around for a decent amount of time. I think since...let's see, since right before the Big Daddy story? Maybe? Something like that. Anyhow, good luck and all that jazz.

How to train your dragon 2 to equestrian girls would be awesome!

Hm... so many choices, the KH cross over will be something I'll read, but there are plenty of others too, one such like the Punisher being in equestria and seeing how that plays out. But as for who's next? I think I could be able to guess from it.

Though if anything, I would like to see a crossover of a human who just is trying to live his life, so perhaps the wanderer could be a good option.

Decisions decisions... but I do feel that sometime you could do something like this again, but instead of a team up more of a one visits the others dimensions and see reactions from the characters... that reminds me.

I wonder just how well Sora would react if he meets the Lone Wanderer...

Had a think, I would love to see some JSA characters (The Golden Age JSA not NEW 52), like Alan Scotts Green Lantern if we are talking comics. Judge Dredd would be an interesting one but I kinda would like a sequal to your Robocop story, which was really cool by the way. Saint Walker would be cool to see as he's my favourite lantern.

Games wise, what about an Assassins Creed fiction? Although no idea how that would work in getting an historical character to another planet, A Power Rangers ir Gokaiger fiction would be cool too but that might be too niche int erms of audiencde. I'll leave it up to you but hopefully you've gotten some good ideas from this rambling.

A character in Equestria girls seems to be an interesting idea. The only idea I probably wouldn't like would be the keyblade one (no idea what game it's from, and the idea of combining swords and keys doesn't really sound appealing to me), but the others sound awesome.

But the sonic one sounds like the best. I love good sonic in Equestria stories.

RYU!

*ahem* I mean I think that there should be a Ryu story.

Also KH should totally be a story you write as well.

Emerald Dragon sequel? Hell yeah! As for the ones you specifically mentioned (Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, etc) I can't rightfully choose between those due to my lack of knowledge with it. A character going to Equestria Girls will be odd considering it's basically Earth with silly names and the fact a bearded unicorn banishes things there. As for DC, I'd have to recommend Lobo, Batmare Sequel, and Flash. As for Marvel, I'd say MCU Ultron(possibly with Thanos after something on Equestria to be an antagonist), Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk Sequel, and Deadpool(Old Deadpool where he was a character that had stories and not just random nonsense).

5948078
Those two seem to be the front runners right now.

5948098
Iron Man is 90% likely to be my next Marvel story.

Spider-man. Do it do it do it!

I would love to see a spiderman. He is by far my favorite. Or maybe something from borderlands? That was a great game. Another idea could be a character from TimeSplitters, such as Sgt. Cortez.

I would love to see Sora, the Master Chief (or noble team people), Goku (or any other dragonball characters), also the Idea for a sentient Pokedex in equestria.

And so the Emerald Dragon returns along with Sapphire Sweetie unless I'm wrong and in that case you twisted my balls the wrong way anyway I love what you have done with all of these stories you have quickly become one of my favorite writers

What about Homestuck? Egbert is a neat character! You could get him to equestria via his OP paradox immune time shenanagans! Though it might be better to wait for homestuck to end first. Stuff might go down and we end up learning more about what's going on.

5948769
What's homestuck?

5948786 Oh boy. It's a webcomic. Google it, and if you decide to read it, don't blame me if it takes a week or more to go through the archive.

5948865
I'll check it out if I have free time.

Please do an iron man one and btw would you mean you're doing a sequel to the superman story focusing on RD since she got super powers right at the end?

5949031
Iron Man has a high chance of happening, not sure if i'll do an RD sequel though.

5949037 cool I was just guessing as to what you meant by making a sequel for one of your old stories

I would also enjoy a Kingdom Hearts cross over. I would like to see you try a cross over with Evangelion. You know have the ponies befriend poor Sinji and use the elements on Gendo.

Also I hope you can bring back the team back with some new friends from some of your other stories because you have one heck of a universe going here and it would be a bummer not to ever see them again.

I would like to see if you could write a story on Black Bolt, King of the Inhumans popping up in Equestria. I would figure writing for a character who cannot talk (unless he wanted to kill the person he was talking to) would be quite the interesting challenge.

Do a manga character, anyone that lacks superpowers.

I think you need a break from the world/Universe is in danger type stories for your next fic/story.

Why not try a comedy? Or a Slice of Life type with the next crossover?

And here are my Suggestions for these two fic types: Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes, or Yakko, Wakko and Dot from Animaniacs.(Comedy choice, and since they're cartoon characters, they can get to Equestria through any means you could think of)

And for the Slice of Life choice: Naruto Uzumaki From Naruto, or Goku from Dragon Ball (both are powerful and could defeat anything thrown at the, save one thing: a normal everyday life).

Sometimes, you need to take a break from the more action packed stories and try something new once in a while.

I still hope Steel(John Henry Irons, at least pre-new 52 version) is used in a future story of yours though

5949037 hey onomono? Have you heard of kratos? From god of war?
Not to intrude or act like I know your style better than you, but maybe he could be a character in your stories? Maybe one day... heh

5951576
The Green Lantern is a sequel. I don't know enough about those video game characters. While Kairi or Riku would be interesting, I've got a character planned. (Not telling)

Login or register to comment