• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 989 Views, 8 Comments

Elizabeth-san: "Your Fate is in the Cards!" - TundraStanza



After experiencing the potential in Persona 4 Arena's Grand Prix, the elevator attendant Elizabeth takes a quick detour through a couple points in the Equestrian timeline. She's beyond the author's control.

  • ...
5
 8
 989

Wait, what's going on? I thought was a one-shot!

Untold Bookmark: The Chariot, The Star, The Hierophant, The High Priestess, The Empress, The Strength, and The Magician

---

“Well then, allow me to show you what would have happened in the event that I had stayed in that town’s center a little longer.”

Ah! Elizabeth-san, don’t scare me like that. Here I was convinced that you weren’t going to let the story complete.

“Hmm? This isn’t your story that I’m completing. It is simply a piece that I wish to explore in further detail.”

What? But your battle with Chrysalis…

“Here we go!”

For Jiraiya’s sake! Ugh, fine. We’ll do it your way for now. But we’re not done with this Elizabeth. (Why am I even trying?)

The elevator attendant opens a blue portal and steps through it.

---

In a repeat of the previous chapter, the mouthless Pinkie Pie rings her bell three times. The other ponies stare at her. However, the woman in blue is staring at someone else.

“Twilight Sparkle,” she says with fascination.

Twilight’s head quickly turns in Elizabeth’s direction as if she just remembers that she is there. She blinks a couple of times.

“I find your heart to be inspiring,” the Governess of Power continues, “Would you be so kind as to accept my challenge?”

“Your challenge?” echoes the unicorn, “You mean like a magic duel?”

“Splendid!” Elizabeth cheers, “We’ll begin right away.”

“W-Wait!” exclaims Twilight, “I never said yes.”

“Oh, don’t even worry about that,” Elizabeth says dismissing some unspoken statement, “You can have as many allies join you as you like. In fact, I encourage you to trust your friends to fight by your side.”

“Wait, what?” mutters the befuddled Twilight.

“Please bring your full strength as if you intend to kill me,” Elizabeth says with a straight face, “Otherwise, your very soul may shatter at the display of my spectacularness.”

Spectacularness? That wasn’t even a slip-up. You just made up that word.

“What’s your point?”

Don’t talk to me while you’re in the story’s setting. There’s something called the fourth wall. I’d like to keep the damage it takes to a minimum.

“Good luck with that.”

Tomoe darn it. While I’m busy arguing with our protagonist, Twilight Sparkle has her own discussion with the friends that surround her.

“What do we do, Twilight?” asks a concerned Spike, “She just challenged you to a fight to the finish.”

“Well, we can’t just ignore her,” Applejack pitches.

“Yeah,” agrees Rainbow Dash, “Anyone that threatens Twilight’s soul needs a good kick in the face.”

“But did you see how much force she could use against Trixie?” points out Twilight, “This woman doesn’t even seem winded from that last duel.”

As if to prove her right, Elizabeth opens her book and a force of energy feels like it is radiating just by her standing there.

Rarity moaned, “I’m feeling dizzy just by looking at her.”

“What do you think, Fluttershy?” asks Rainbow Dash.

The other Pegasus has so far done nothing but sit there shaking in fear. So it comes as a surprise to every pony when she stands up and takes a deep breath.

“I’ll be with you,” she says calmly.

“Huh?” Twilight blinks uncomprehendingly.

“She said you can have as many allies as you want, right?” Fluttershy reiterates, “We… we can’t just sit this one out. What kind of friends would we be if we forced Twilight to face a scary situation alone?”

“Fluttershy,” whispers Twilight.

“You’re right,” nods Applejack.

“Couldn’t have said it better myself,” admits Rarity.

“Count me in!” Rainbow Dash puffs up her chest.

“Y-Yeah, we’ll show ‘em,” stammers Spike in an attempt to sound confident.

Although Pinkie Pie can’t speak, she manages to make an affirmative sound. Twilight stands up and takes on a determined expression.

“All right, girls,” she states, “Let’s do this… together!”

“Together!” cheer the rest sans Pinkie Pie (because she currently can’t speak).

“Excellent,” says Elizabeth, “The cards shall decide your fate.”

---{Enemy Advantage}

For some reason, the six ponies and the dragon now stand around Elizabeth in a large semi-circle. She flips a few pages in her book as a trail of cards spins around her. One of the cards shatters as Thanatos stands above her. She reaches a hand to the sky.

“I give you Megidolan!” she calls.

Three gigantic, purple lights appear in the sky and start swirling around en route to the ground. In haste, Twilight concentrates her magic into a large, magenta bubble that covers herself and her friends. Elizabeth’s attack explodes on the ground. No pony or dragon takes damage and neither does the ground. The magical bubble, however, wobbles a bit before popping.

Whoever is viewing this scene zooms in where they can just see the back of Rainbow Dash’s head. She flies in place and prepares to “Attack”. After initiating her choice, she rushes in with a quick pass that makes contact with the opponent.

“Oh my,” says Elizabeth.

The view transitions over to where Pinkie Pie is currently bouncing in place. She attempts to check “Persona”, but her ears droop when the grayed out option doesn’t work. Though, she quickly perks up again as she selects “Skills”. In doing so, she pulls out her ten simultaneous instruments and plays them all. An orange light called “Attack Up” is given to everyone on her team.

Applejack takes the spotlight by showing off her “Skills”. She pulls out her trusty lasso and aims it at Elizabeth. With a tug, she pulls the lady to fall flat on her face.

“Oh my,” Elizabeth says again. She stands right back up without trouble.

Fluttershy is given the floor. Contrary to her claims that she can’t control it, she gives her “Skills” a try. Her eyes open wide as the very air seems to vibrate. She stares at Elizabeth very harshly. It appears to visibly shake some “Attack, Defense, and Hit/Evade” down from her.

Rarity’s gem-finding spell kicks in and pulls a red gem out of the ground in front of her. Her “Attack” launches said gem forth, shattering on impact with the opponent.

“Good hit,” Elizabeth compliments.

An “Item” manifests itself from Spike’s fire breath. Specifically, it is a letter from Princess Celestia giving a little extra notice for when she’ll be back. The detail catches Twilight’s attention and a blue light shines from underneath her hooves.

“Twilight is now focused,” Elizabeth notes.

I was going to say that!

“Then next time, just say it.”

For the love of Konohana Sakuya, stop talking to me while I’m trying to tell the story!

Now, where was I? Oh, yes. With Twilight’s “Mind Charged”, she can now focus the strength from the bonds of all her friends here. A pseudo-elemental rainbow shines through the air and runs by the necks of Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Spike. This converges into a star-shaped point above Twilight’s head.

“All of us together,” Twilight speaks with glowing white eyes, “Together as friends!”

A multi-colored laser flashes forward and squarely hits Elizabeth. She falls over into a relaxed reading position.

“Well done,” she congratulates.

---

“Splendid,” Elizabeth smiles as she closes her book and Thanatos disappears.

“The overwhelming mana flow,” notes Twilight, “It’s gone!”

“That battle has verified the answer to my question,” Elizabeth continues as if she doesn’t hear, “The observation of potential is in all of the bonds together rather than any single individual. It’s absolutely rephrasing.”

Rephrasing?

“Re-taining? Pre-mazing? Something like that.”

“What the hay is your problem, lady?” fumes Rainbow Dash.

“I’m afraid I must concur,” states Rarity matter-of-factly, “Forcing a duel of magical might upon some pony that doesn’t wish to is rather barbaric.”

“Could we please not do that again?” whispers Fluttershy. It seems her courage from earlier is back in its contained compartment.

“Uh, didn’t we kind of accept her challenge without hesitation?” points out Applejack.

Rainbow Dash tries to come up with a response. Failing to do so, she settles for a growl.

“Who in the world are you?” inquires Spike.

All eyes turn to the woman in blue. She simply smiles and focuses her golden gaze.

“Treasure the bonds you have forged,” she advises, “Never take them for granted.”

“R-Right.” Twilight slowly nods. “I know that.”

“Well, then.” A portal pops open. “I do believe it’s time for me to take my leave.”

“Wait!” Twilight calls, “You still haven’t told us your name!”

“It’s Elizabeth!” the woman hollers back as she steps through the unusual blue pattern.

Pinkie Pie’s muffled voice once again cannot be understood as she tries to add some comment. It’s probably not important anyway.

---

“It was amusing to appear in front of all of you again.”

You still have yet to help me fill the plot holes and ending of the last chapter.

“Do so on your own time.”

I can’t do that now. You closed off my first chapter with a password that I don’t know that only interferes with the writer’s view, not the readers’ access.

“Hmm, good point. Oh, this publish button looks very attractive right now.”

Mother of Take-Mikazuchi!

---

Comments ( 3 )

You mad, author? :twistnerd:

DISCO NINJA FROG!!!!!

(Jiraiya)

4213226 WOOOOOO! DISCO NINJA FROG!!!

At this point I'll now shout many different persona quotes from all the parodies made:

"DID SOMEONE ORDER A STUPID LOOKING BOSS?"

"WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT MURDERS?!!!"

"IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD OR ANYTHING!!"

.... I forgot the rest... DANGIT.

Login or register to comment