• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 672 Views, 4 Comments

Ebony Crystal - The Music Man

  • ...
2
 4
 672

25 November 605

I swear something is happening to me that ISN'T normal. Today, my mom asked me if I wanted to stay home from school. ASKED! When I asked why she said that my belly was getting noticeably big, then asked if I "got jiggy with it."

I hate it when my mom tries to be cool.

I said, "No. I'm not that dumb." But after she showed me how my belly was getting bigger and how the plating under it was becoming more pronounced. She gave me a map to a cave not to far outside of town that I could go to if anything started happening.

That scared me. Plus... I've been having some strange dreams. I dream of something that looks just like me, except it's a he. He comes and hisses "What is your will, my Queen?" I never say anything back to him, and he steps closer. "We need to replenish the hive, your majesty. Will you allow me to assist?" It doesn't take a biologist to know what that means.

Strangely, however, I kind of wish there were more ponies like me. I know that no one really cares about my looks, but I can't shake this feeling of being so... original. Not even my mom looks like me. I keep asking her why, but all she does is blush and say, "It's not all that important."

Let's see. I'm pregnant and I don't know how, I seem to be the only one of my kind, and it's not important how I came to being?! She always does this to me without fail. She's always hiding how I happened. I don't care how she found me. I don't care if I was abandoned by my true parents. I would just like to know.

Now onto my friend's lives.

Straight Line finally admitted he was a plug. We all knew that he couldn't keep it between his flanks! Now Clear Crystals owes me five bits. Clear's funny like that. She has a wicked sense for business, but when it comes to ponies, she is completely clueless!

Straight says he gets good money for it, and his boss lets him choose who he... "services." Straight says he really could care less about preference, except for mares with black manes. He says that they're all part of a secret cult that kills kittens or something weird like that. Straight has never been one to think straight.

Clear's business has been booming. Ever since she hollowed out her textbooks, she's become the most popular girl on campus. You should see that place at lunch time. No pony can even walk straight anymore! I hope the teachers don't catch her. I know drugs are illegal and all, but she tells me that even the teachers buy from her! They're safe, though. I don't know how, but her drug ring has a way of telling between the cool teachers and the tightwads.

Sunshine Down has been doing better. She figures as long as she makes dinner early and stays in her room, her father will leave her alone. I help her with dinner sometimes, and we make the best stuff! You wouldn't believe me, but her father is actually loaded! He has a job as a big-wig district manager and rakes in the doe like there's no tomorrow!

We get to cook with everything under Celestia's sun and then some! I even get to bring a full meal home to my mom. She always thanks Sunshine Down for the meals. They are a real help to our family. But for some reason, Sunshine never stays to eat them with us. I never bother asking why.