• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 672 Views, 4 Comments

Ebony Crystal - The Music Man

  • ...
2
 4
 672

16 November 605

Today I woke up with a stomach ache. I told my mom about out it and tried to get out of school today. She said that I would get over it, and I still had to go to school. She was right, as always.

Sometimes, I wish my mother wasn't so smart. I don't know how she knows what I'm going through, we look nothing alike! I asked her why that is. All I get is the "I'm special," or "I'm different" response. I'm old enough to know where foals come from. Why won't she tell me where I come from?

Anyway, Sunshine Down had a better day today. Her father woke up with a tooth missing, but the usual bar fight lie worked. In fact, she invited me over! Here house smelled like moldy bread and urine, but other than that, she actually has a lot of toys. Plus, her room is better kept than the rest of the house. It comes with being the only daughter of a drunk.

But what was strange was when her father came home.

So she lives on a two-story town-home like the rest of us. Her room faces the street and is on the second floor. We were both playing with the "Equestrian Wars" toys, when we heard the front door open. Immediately, she shoved me out the window! Now most would find this rude, but knowing her father, she was probably just protecting me.

Clear Crystals was talking about her cool new job today as well. She says she gets a lot of cool stuff, like needles, and funny liquids, and white bags. She also gets a gun. I thought that was awesome.

Straight Line wasn't too happy today. He said his manager didn't send any customers his way. He says that it's only because his manager doesn't think he's "top quality," and that no pony wanted a newbie. He still won't tell me what he does, though. 'Says it will "hurt his reputation outside of the workplace," whatever that means, but we all know he only hangs around us to see if he can get lucky. Trust me, I wouldn't want him if he were the last colt in the world.