• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 672 Views, 4 Comments

Ebony Crystal - The Music Man

  • ...
2
 4
 672

7 January 606

I don't know why, but I think Sunshine still thinks we are "friends." She invited me over today because her dad bought her a new makeup set. I just can't believe how foalish she can be sometimes. But I went over there anyway, and as soon as I saw the kit, my jaw hit the floor.

The kit looked like one of those you find at the spa! (I've never been in a spa, but I've seen some of the mares working there carry them around.) It had these legit metal clips and outside, was larger than a working-stalion's lunch box, and when she opened it up, there were piles and piles of hoof-polish, lipsticks, eye-liner, and a whole bunch of different make-up stuff I never even knew existed!We spent all Monday afternoon painting our hoofs, trying out new looks, and figuring out that the face stuff works better on my shell-like skin after we rub it on the carpet. She took lots of pictures and says she'll make doubles of every picture.

We also got to talking about school. She says she's thinking of hitting on Hot Coals. I have to say, his flaming read mane and jet black fur makes him look cool, but I'd rather keep to my strong, down-to-earth Big Jock, even if he has a plain blond main and white coat (which looks extremely sexy when it's covered in dirt).

Speaking of which, he actually asked me out on a date this Friday! When he did, I wanted to squeal and yell, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" but I kept my cool and said, "Friday sounds good." We're going to this new pizza place with a live band that his friend's in. He says they're pretty good, even thought they've only been together for a few years.

But this afternoon was special. When I went to visit my eggs, I arrived just in time to see them hatch. At first, the three were all covered in ooze and slime, but I helped them wipe it off. We talked with our minds about small things, like what life is like and how to do a proper jab and upper cut. Then we flew to the top of the mountain to see the sun go down. I loved laying up there with them, there shell-skin pressing on mine. And even though they were all looking at the Celetia's sun, I could not help but to look at them.

After I got home, thought, I felt as if I hadn't eaten a thing for ages. I raided the pantry, but it wasn't until my mom walked into the room that I started feeling full. Then she got all mean and shouted, "Why are you eating everything?!" She slammed the door and yelled at me to go to my room. Yelled. My mom is the last mare I'd imagine losing her cool, but it was one in the morning, so I guess it was justified.