• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 962 Views, 18 Comments

Make It or Break It - Serina



To Lightning Dust, being a Wonderbolt isn't just about being famous, or being the best. It's about making her Mom proud. Lightning writes to her Mom everyday after arriving at the Academy and these are her letters.

  • ...
0
 18
 962

Canterlot Day 1: Introductions

Dear Mom,

We’re in Canterlot! Sorry I haven't wrote to you for a whole week but everything’s been so exciting! Trixie and I talked the captain’s ear off the whole way. He’s name is Captain Nighteye by the way! he’s nice but I think he was getting tired of our jabbing halfway there, he stayed pretty quiet the whole time except when he answered the occasional question. The trip wasn’t bad though. Weather was good and we got there pretty fast. I can’t believe Canterlot is so big! All those shops and roads and ponies, it’s just… Wow.

Trixie and I are waiting to have a meeting with the Princess. That’s right, an audience with Princess Luna herself! We’re waiting outside the castle chamber doors, Trixie whistling a some catchy tune and me writing to you. I don’t know how long we’ve been waiting but it feels like ages. I hope they haven't forgotten about us…

Anyway, how’s you and Zipper? I bet you guys miss me, huh? Well, once I get on this flying team I’ll be able to fly down there and visit anytime I want! Won’t that be great? Being able to go anywhere in Equestria you want without having to worry about bits or anything. One day, Mom, one day…

I got to go they’re calling me in!

~♦~

I… I GOT ACCEPTED!

Mom, you wouldn’t believe it the Princess was all like, “Your flying skills are quite amazing.” and I was all like, “Well, thank you, Princess!” She was super impressed! I did back flips and flew really fast and went all zoom! Oh man, I’m so excited! I start tomorrow! TOMORROW! I can’t wait! I just, can’t wait! This has been the BEST DAY EVER! I can’t wait to see my uniform and see the field and see the other ponies that I’ll be flying with. But most importantly I can’t wait to show you what I can do. I’ll be the best flyer in Equestria, Mom. You can count on it.

Your smiling/excited/happy daughter,

Lightning Dust

P.S. I’m staying in the castle! How cool is that?

Comments ( 1 )
xTSGx #1 · Sep 3rd, 2013 · · 1 ·

inb4 she blows it again and gets Luna pissed off at her.

Login or register to comment