• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 961 Views, 18 Comments

Make It or Break It - Serina



To Lightning Dust, being a Wonderbolt isn't just about being famous, or being the best. It's about making her Mom proud. Lightning writes to her Mom everyday after arriving at the Academy and these are her letters.

  • ...
0
 18
 961

Third Day: Teams

Dear Mom,

Oh my gosh! They made me and Rainbow Dash a team, and I got to be lead pony! It was one of the most exciting moments of my life! I went to the training area after words to stretch my wings a little. I asked Rainbow if she wanted to come, but she said she had to take care of something. If she’s anything like me, she’s probably taking her free time to write home to her friends, just like I write to you. Anyway, we all lined up at 12 o’clock sharp and put on our pony pins, which stood for who was lead pony and who was wing pony. Mine was a gold pegasus pin and Rainbow’s was a silver pin. Spitfire announced that today’s training session would be a flag hunt, no sweat. Rainbow and I had this one in the bag! We were put on the blue team with two other ponies. The goal of the exercise was to find as many flags of the opposing team, which was the red team, as possible. The lead pony and the wing pony have to stay together at all times, which of course was no problem for me and Dash, being as fast as we are.

We started off fast, zooming through the grounds of the area. No flags yet. I asked Rainbow to keep a lookout. Within a few minutes Rainbow spotted a flag down in a gorge, she has pretty good eyes for being up so high. We zoomed down and snatched the flag up, it was epic. We had found the first flag! Rainbow scratched her wing on a log above the gorge and wanted to slow down, but in this type of session being slow is how you lose. You need to be super fast and push yourself no matter what. And that means pushing through the pain.

Turns out we found most of the flags in the end, but Rainbow kept moaning about her wing the whole time. I mean, honestly, it was a little scratch, suck it up. Remember when I had sprained my wing that time in flight camp? I still flew through the obstacle course! I wasn’t going to let a tiny sprain stop me! Maybe, I’m helping Dash out by pushing her through the pain, you know? It’ll help her improve as a flyer and all. Anyway, Spitfire says we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow, so I need some shut eye. Goodnight, Mom.

Wishing you sweet dreams,

Lightning Dust