• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 962 Views, 18 Comments

Make It or Break It - Serina



To Lightning Dust, being a Wonderbolt isn't just about being famous, or being the best. It's about making her Mom proud. Lightning writes to her Mom everyday after arriving at the Academy and these are her letters.

  • ...
0
 18
 962

First Day: Flying Fast

Dear Mom,

I made it to the academy! You should see this place, it is so rad. There’s training equipment everywhere! Pull up bars, flying hoops, all these weird machines, and not to mention a giant track. You’d love it. I’ll have to bring you up here one day, that is, if Spitfire allows visitors during training. Either way everything is really cool and my first day was fantastic! Our first day here and Spitfire, who was basically a drill sergeant the whole time, was trying to scare the feathers of the me and the new recruits. She didn’t scare me a bit. I told her straight up, “Let me show ya what I can do.” You should have seen her face! After that she made all the ponies fly five hundred laps, no sweat, of course. You should’ve seen me, Mom, you would’ve been proud seeing me zoom past all those other ponies. There was this one pony, named Rainbow Dash, who was able to keep up with me the whole time though! I couldn’t believe I had finally met a flyer that was about as fast as me. We could become the best of friends or the most competitive rivals. Maybe both!

Either way me and Rainbow got to hit the mess hall early sense we finished before all the other recruits. The food here is pretty good, but nothing compares to your food back home. I’m already craving your hay pot pie. Speaking of food, thanks again for sending me some candy fruits with me! I’m already munching on a few. I don’t know how I’m going to resist eating them all in one week. I really miss you already and I hope Zippers will be okay while I’m gone. Remember not to let him stay out after dark. You know how hummingbirds get if they can’t see where they’re going. Also I forgot to tell you, I left his treats on the mantle in the kitchen if you haven't been able to find them.

Speaking of don’t knows, I don’t know where Rainbow Dash is staying. I kind of wished we had got bunked together because she is pretty cool. She told me over lunch about how she grew up in Cloudsdale, but moved to Ponyville later on. She says she has a bunch of friends rooting for her down there. I told her about you and how proud I’m gonna make you by being the best wonderbolt ever. She laughed and said she wanted to be the best wonderbolt too, she already believes she’s the best flyer in Equestria. I believe I’m the best though, nopony can surpass me, not that I’ve met anyway. Well, there’s the bell. Which means lights out. I love you and I hope this letter reaches you soon.

Your loving daughter,

Lightning Dust