• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 363 Views, 2 Comments

Chaos Rising. - Totito30



[Sequel to "Exploration turns out to be longer than expected"] J´zar inexpectedly returns to Equestria and is promptly faced with yet another troubling quest.

  • ...
4
 2
 363

An ill omen.

J´zar looked around, feeling his body weight more than usual.

"¡Twilight! ¡Fluttershy!" he yelled. However, his equine companions seemed to have vanished. But that was expectable when a building was about to fall on top of you, J´zar thought "I trapped the shard of Chaos, you can... ¿how was it said?... ¡oh, yes, come out! ¡That's it! ¡You can come out!"

J´zar started to look among the rubble. He eventually found the mares, all in different places. Except for Rainbow Dash, who was still missing. The mares said things when he found them, but J´zar didn't payed much attention. He was worried. ¿If his skills couldn't stop a shard, how was he going to win?

"¿Saved the best for the last, huh?" the only voice J´zar wished to hear ringed, tired, but not very hurt. J´zar looked at his friend. Rainbow Dash was standing in the place where the top of the building had been. Now that floor was entirely barren, with a few metal rebars sprouting off the destroyed pillars like the teeth of a monstrous being. Rainbow Dash swooped with elegance from the ruins of the skyscraper and soundly landed in the concrete floor.

"¿Shall we move on?" Trickster said from inside his prison.

"You sound too happy" J´zar would rather be on guard from the very beginning.

"Just because one of my brothers failed it does not means luck won't fail thou next time" Trickster indeed seemed to be joyful. Maybe he had been somehow reunited with his brother.

"Onwards I guess then" J´zar grabbed the orb firmly.

Another flash of light invaded J´zar's sight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet again, the place where they had appeared looked grim and grey. But this time, it was different. Instead of towering buildings, now they were surrounded by a small row of trees, with the short, cropped grass at their feet. The sun was shining, and a towering metal construct, almost 900 feet tall.

"¿The Eiffel Tower?" J´zar thought, looking at the iron colossus "¿Why do we keep appearing in this dimension?"

A small breeze ran through the field. There was only one place that could be.

"The Field of Mars" J´zar said "Another famous place from where I come. Why we are here I cannot tell"

"Idiot ¿Thou demand me to bring thou to my brother and then thou disown my skills?" Trickster yelled, offended.

"Your brother I cannot see" J´zar answered.

"He is here, even if hidden from the eyes of those too unworthy how to find him" Trickster affirmed.

"Let us find him ¿shall we?" J´zar didn't even look at the mares as he walked through the small extension of grass keeping them from the metal tower.

Walking through a plain of grass had never been so stressing before, thought the mares as they reached one of the metal legs holding the tower in its place. The shadow it casted made the place under it refreshing and rather cold. J´zar heard a small hiss, such as the sound of something falling through the air. He realized something was wrong.

"¡To the center! ¡Get away from the sides!" he screamed.

Just in time. Seconds after his scream, the ground in front if the warrior crashed open and stones flew around as a black object crashed into the concrete. Whatever that thing was, it was heavy. J´zar looked at what had caused such commotion. He gasped, for he had seen that attire many times before.

Before him there was a man dressed in a black robe which seemed to be covered in wax. His boots and pants were equally protected, and in his right hand there was a large stick, almost a meter long, made out of oak wood with stylized carvings of runes and spells. The robe's hood was put on, hiding the back of the man's head. He wore a cape made of cotton, which also seemed to be covered in wax. Finally, so as to mark it as something horrible, a mask concealed his face. It wasn't a mask which reassembled an human. It covered his entire faced and was held in place by invisible straps. The mask was made of ivory, carved as well in runes and sigils. The strangest thing about it, however, was its shape. It had no mouth not nose, only a long beak-like protrusion. The holes for the eyes the mask had were filled with two obsidian gems. The shard of Chaos rose up to his feet and rested on his stick.

"Hello J´zar" the creature said, looking at the warrior with its crystal eyes "I am Haures, the Sower of Plague. I would like you to give me my two brothers"

"¿Will any of you come willingly with me or will I have to fell every single one of you?" J´zar wasn't sure he could defeat another one, but Haures didn't need to know it.

"If you seek defeat, defeat you will have" Haures stood on his own feet and grabbed the cane as if it was a longsword "But of course, there is no need for such..."

"¿Are we going to fight or not?" Rainbow Dash interrupted "Because I'm getting pretty bored over here"

"I guess so" J´zar said.

He slowly walked in circles around Haures, waiting for the inevitable attack. However, there was no attack.
Haures stopped walking and simply stood still. He didn't move at all, and returned to standing on his cane.

"This is senseless" he said "I do not wish to spill blood without need"

J´zar was still wary, and kept both of his swords pointed at him.

"¿What do you mean?"

"I shall go with you. Without a complaint" Haures sound bothered " Now, take me to my brothers"

"¿So easily?" J´zar had learned that things so good could only be a blatant lie "¡I do not believe you! ¡Stay away!"

Haures had walked closer, and J´zar pointed his sword at him again. But nonetheless, Haures had already grabbed the orb and used it to trap himself. The blast of light almost leaves J´zar permanently blind.

"¡God damn it!" J´zar brayed.

"¿How could this be wrong?" Rainbow Dash said "After all, it was easier than what we thought, ¿right?"

"When things are so easy, it is a trap" J´zar kept lookingall around, waiting for something horrible to happen.

"¡Oh, let's just go home and be done with it!" Rainbow Dash was hovering above him with a confident stare.

"I agree with the foolish mare" Trickster's slow voice said "I am tired of failed attempts. Confine us to our prison so that we may think yet again of a new one"

J´zar said nothing as another blast of light was born in front of his eyelids.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------