• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 363 Views, 2 Comments

Chaos Rising. - Totito30



[Sequel to "Exploration turns out to be longer than expected"] J´zar inexpectedly returns to Equestria and is promptly faced with yet another troubling quest.

  • ...
4
 2
 363

End of the Game.

J´zar had never heard of anything (or anyone) named "Element of Harmony", but yet again, he questioned his own ability to remember things.

"¿What are these Elements of Harmony?" the old warrior asked.

Twilight briefly explained to him what they were and what was their main purpose.

"I see" J´zar said "I have to..."

"You can warn your superior later" Twiligth Sparkle stopped him "We must act now"

"I concur on that one, librarian" J´zar conceded "Very well. Be quick. I am following"

"¿And why would ya follow as?" Applejack looked carefully into J´zar's eyes.

"If it is true and you are the only ones that can use those weapons, you must live until Chaos is vanquished" J´zar affirmed.

"¿And after Chaos dies?" Rainbow Dash thought it would be terrible to end up eaten by one of the Banished.

"I said he would be vanquished. Chaos cannot be killed" J´zar evasively said.

He fretfully tapped his foot against the floor of the palace. The reason he avoided the question was quite simple: If the Elements worked and Chaos was defeated, J´zar would return to Earth once again. And he was not sad. Unlike the first time J´zar had visited Equestria, from the moment he arrived, a sense of longing came. J´zar wasn't exactly sure why he wanted to be in his home, but it was that way.

"Come on, let us get moving" J´zar hurried his co-adventurers.

The ponies nodded and they led J´zar to a side hallway, very near the throne room. J´zar remembered that one day that door had been locked. The long hallway, flanked by stained glasses of geometric shapes and forms that J´zar did not recognize (although one of them depicted ponies strikingly similar to the ones J´zar was with) ended in a stone door engraved with symbols. A single hole laid in the middle of the stone.

"¡Oh no!" Twilight Sparkle lamented when she saw the door.

"¿What is it?" J´zar said worried.

"¡I totally forgot!" Twilight Sparkle was almost crying "¡Only the Princess' horn can open this gate!"

"You should have warned me back in the entrance" J´zar reprimanded the unicorn "I could have cut off her horn and be done with it"

"It wouldn't have worked" Twilight assured "It needs her particular magic to open"

"¿Is it made of stone?" J´zar asked.

"I think so" Twilight answered.

The man waited no more. Pushing aside the mare, he walked up to the door, extracted a small black bag from one of his many hidden pockets and pressed it against the door. The bag adhered to it. J´zar walked away until he was a safe distance away.

"Stand back" he warned the mares, and waited until they obeyed to activate the bomb's detonator.

The force of the explosion was powerful enough to make the ceiling above them shake and let a rain of dust fall upon the human and the ponies.

All that was left of the door was loose rubble and piles of dust scattered around the hallway.

"Next time, tell the Princess to use thicker stone" J´zar advised between coughs.

Rarity looked at J´zar in reproval, probably thinking it was a crime to mess up such a clean place, but he walked nonetheless with the other into the room. J´zar looked at the intersection he and the mares came from. He winced when he saw Ix standing in the middle of the hallway, about sixty-five feet away from them. J´zar quickly recovered, however, and unsheathed his swords with skill. He took a quick look over his shoulder to make sure the ponies were okay. J´zar noticed they were now wearing necklaces. J´zar returned to staring at Ix with contempt.

"You are not welcome" J´zar spitted at him.

"I am just waiting for a friend" Ix smirked and laughed.

An entire wall of the palace dissappeared without perceivable reason. The flame-engulfed Chaos walked into the hallway before the wall re-materialised. Chaos turned his head towards the mares, looking at them without eyes.

"You" he said. His voice was like a torrent of flames rushing into a wall of stone "You are an anathema"

"Chaos, I have freed you" Ix pleaded to the god "¡You must give me my reward!"

Chaos didn't even move a finger, but Ix catched on fire regardless. All of sudden, flames erupted from every pore in his skin, and the Arch-Traitor screamed in agony for a short time before finally dying. As quick as the fire had appeared, it dissipated, leaving behind only a mound of dust.

"A pathethic bug" Chaos judged "Just like you"

"Use the Elements. Now" J´zar demanded, without looking at the mares.

For a moment J´zar only heard the beating of his heart and the sound of his breath, before a rainbow-colored ray erupted from behind him with a flash of light. The beam struck Chaos in the middle of its body, lifting him off his feet and making him crash a hundred feet away from them. Other than that, nothing happened. Chaos got back on his feet and looked at them again.

"¡I AM NOT ONE OF YOUR PUNY ENEMIES!" Chaos spoke with the voice of someone surprised and offended "¡I AM A GOD! ¡YOUR FEEBLE FRIENDSHIP NOTHING CAN AGAINST MY MIGHT!"

J´zar prepared to die. He just wanted to disintegrate or something similar to that, to avoid the pain of burning to ashes like Ix.
Whend thinking of Ix, J´zar remembered something. Ix had the Orb. The Orb led to Chaos' prison. And the Orb was now among the ashes behind Chaos.

A spark of hope arised within J´zar. The soldier charged forward, apparently at Chaos, who sidestepped to dodge. J´zar jumped when he saw Chaos moving, and for the second time in that day, landed against rock. He frantically searched for the Orb within Ix's ashes, and found it near the middle of the pile. Chaos had noticed J´zar had not tried to charge him at all, and turned around with a fist raised, ready to strike. J´zar in turn crouched and pressed the button in the orb aiming it at Chaos.

The Orb "unfolded". Four different pieces of metal, each one from one quarter of the Orb sprang up, revealing a perfectly flat inside of the ball.

"My prison is no more" Chaos informed, keeping his fist raised "You cannot send me back there"

Chaos swung his fist sideways in a wide arch. One second slower, and J´zar's head would have ended up as bloody pulp against the wall. However, the warrior was quick,and he rolled backwards. Chaos' fist crashed into the wall and left behind a crack. The crack was not in stone however. The crack left by Chaos was white and shimmered with energy. A few tentacles made of a strange ethereal substance stretched from it and tried to grab the closest thing to them.

"A portal into the Maw" J´zar thought.

And he had another idea. If the orb contained something that was no more, perhaps it could be "filled" again.

Chaos closed in J´zar and swung its fist, but this time in a descending motion. J´zar rolled forward and ended near the swirling tentacles of the Maw. Chaos turned around once more to chase his prey, but J´zar was already in action: he opened the Orb pointing it at the crack in the wall. The tentacles coming from the Maw were sucked into it, along with a stream of white energy.Chaos was upon J´zar one more time, and tried to kick him in the chest. J´zar, however, fell backwards on purpose and the attack missed.

Praying for it to work, J´zar aimed the Orb at Chaos and pressed the button a final time.

Two tentacles created from the smae material that had composed them when tey were on a wall erupted from the orb and grabbed Chaos, one from the right arm and the other from the left shoulder. Another tantacle came off the Orb and latched into Chaos' leg. The god struggled vigorously against the tentacles, but he was outnumbered. More tentacles leaped off the Orb as J´zar held it firmly in his hand. Soon Chaos had several tentacles holding each one of its joints, but he still resisted to them. The tentacles started to drag him towards the Orb.

"¡I CANNOT BE DEFEATED!" Chaos yelled in fury "¡I AM A GOD! ¡I AM...!"

He could not speak any more as another tentacle lashed around his neck and pulled along the others, dragging Chaos' leg into the Orb.

The other leg followed.

Then the hips.

Then the chest.

One arm...
...and the other

Finally, Chaos' head dissappeared into the Orb, which snapped shut on its own and rolled from J´zar's hand into the ground. The Orb turned hot red and melted, leaving nothing but a patch of molten metal to be remembered for.