• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 3,543 Views, 30 Comments

Luna and I. - ApplebloomOwnsCMC



Luna and I meet in vinyl's club on Nightmare Night.

  • ...
19
 30
 3,543

Nightmare Night

I stroll through Ponyville on Nightmare Night, all the little fillies and colts dressed as monsters and fictional creatures (at least they were fictional on earth). I stroll farther down the street towards the club and see all my friends going about their business. Apple Jack was standing at her apple cart selling apple pastries, Pinky Pie was sneaking around "surprising" the foals with candy, Rainbow Dash was pranking ponies as usual, Twilight was boring people with fun facts about who she was dressed as (I wasn't even sure who she was dressed as), Rarity was dodging every pony that came her way to protect her outfit (she was dressed as a princess), and lastly Fluttershy didn't show because she was to afraid to leave her house.

I stop in front of Vinyl's night club, a line of ponies going all the way down the street. I can hear bass booming, blue and purple lights in the windows move in rhythm with the bass, and people chanting "Vinyl! Vinyl!". I approach the bouncer,Snowflake, and with a nod he stands to the side. As I enter the club I take in my surroundings , music booming, mares and stallions dancing on the dance floor, the occasional lonely mare or stallion at the bar. That was the norm, but this night was different, being Nightmare Night there were the special decorations, bats hanging from the ceiling, purple and black streamers, all the lights were a purple and blue instead of their normal flashing array of different colors, mares wearing sexy little costumes, most of the stallions were wearing some kinda Dracula or wolf man costume(at least that's what they were called on earth). As for myself I didn't dress to impress wearing only my favorite pair of jeans, my Misfits t-shirt, and my old pair of Vans that I was wearing when I arrived in Equestria. The music stops as Vinyl puts her hands in the air,

" Hold up party ponies!", everyone stops dancing and looks at the DJ, "Let me give a shout out to our special Nightmare Night guest! None other than ruler of the night herself. Princess Luna!!"

A light pans to the back of the club not even ten feet from me trying to blend into the crowd is Princess Luna. She nervously waves. The light pans back to Vinyl as she starts yelling again,

"Just because tonight is Nightmare Night all drinks are half off and the club is open later than usual. Lets keep this party going!"

She bumps up the volume and everypony starts cheering again. I made my way to the bar to get some of those drinks that were mentioned. I stand at the now crowded bar. It seems the bartender was very busy taking orders left and right.

"Yo, can I get some AppleJack Daniels?" He didn't seem to hear me. Fuck. *sigh* I look to my left to see Luna leaning on the bar.

"Can't get a drink either?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Out of all these people I thought I could grab a drink", she sighs again. I look around and notice the bartender is still busy.

"Whats your poison?" I ask Luna with a grin.

"Well, tonight I think AppleJack Daniels", she says stifling a laugh as she fallows along.

"Coming right up." I say as I lean over the bar and grab a bottle of AppleJack Daniels and two glasses. I throw some bits on the counter as Luna and I walk to the less crowded end of the bar. We each grab a stool and sit down I poor a glass and hand it to her then I poor my own glass,

"Cheers"
"Cheers", we both say as we clang our glasses together and down the beverage.

"So.. Luna, why don't I ever see you out and about?" I ask as I poor another glass. Luna slightly blushes at my question,

"Well, I sleep during the day, but sometimes I cant sleep so I talk to Celestia. At night I usually come here, but a princess can only take so much clubbing. So if I'm not here I'll go sit on a hill somewhere and admire my work." she replied taking a sip from her glass.

I examine her noticing her attire. That she didn't get all dressed up like everypony else. She was wearing dark blue skinny jeans, a Discord Wears Prada t-shirt (a famous band here in Equestria much like one of the bands on earth), and a pair of All Star high tops. She has good taste in clothing and music. I blink a few times and notice her staring at me. Fuck how long was I zoned out? I feel my face getting warmer. She notices my blush and starts blushing herself.

"Sounds lonely why don't you try to make some friends? ", I say replying to what she had said five minutes ago."By the way nice shirt"

"Thanks" she replies with a smile, but she suddenly went solemn again,

"Being on the moon so long one kinda gets used to loneliness. Plus I still feel like people see me as Nightmare moon not Luna, and this night reminds me of what I used to be." She drinks from her glass.

The music started to get obnoxiously loud and I could barely hear myself think.I look around and see that the bartender filled everyponies orders. Since everypony got their drinks they equally distributed themselves around the bar, and the area Luna and I occupied started to get more crowded.

"Luna, we should go stargazing." I say with a smile. Luna gives me an oh really kinda look then shouts

"Lets go!" as she grabs my hand as we run out of the club.

Author's Note:

I plan on adding more chapters depending on how this one does. Hell, if it doesn't I'll still finish the story.

Thanks,

ApplebloomOwnsCMC