• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 475 Views, 3 Comments

Daring Do and The Legend of Kakara - P4



Follow Daring as the mare searches in an ancient Equestrian jungle, in search of a mythical stone that can cure anything and everything. But there are creatures in this jungle that even the great Daring herself cannot overcome.

  • ...
0
 3
 475

Into the Tomb

Daring had been walking for no more than 5 minutes, when she came across a dead end. Stopping Inches away from the wall that blocked her path. She was close enough to feel the dampness of the stone. She lifted a hoof and pressed it against the wall. The moss that had grown in the cracks loosened the old stone, causing it to break a small amount off.

"Why would it point this way?"she whispered.

As she lifted her hoof off the wall the few pieces that had broken fell down; leaving a small hole where it was previously located. Daring noticed this and examined the hole. A small dim glow could be seen from said hole, causing her to step back and further investigate the stone. Upon looking it up and down, she noted how it mainly consisted of moss.

A small grin appeared on her face as she trotted closer to her obstacle.

"Never seen a hidden room blocked like this before."

There was dust and powdered rock covering the air, and when it settled a heavily breathing mare could be seen. Her hooves were damp and a green pigment caused them to look lime-green, instead of their respective sand yellow. She stood still for a moment as she caught her breath. When it returned to its original pace she looked around at her newly entered room. The walls were covered by vines and paintings. The occasional torch hung on old, rusted clamps, the magical fire in contrast to the age of the rest of the room. All of its contents causing the room to have a ancient and magical feel.

In the center of the room was a casket, on both sides were two stallion guards, one a pegasus the other a earth pony. In front of it was a staff holding, unicorn, mare. The casket itself was beautifully designed, with carvings portraying loving subjects. As she found her way to the center, she noticed that the casket had no removable lid. But was actually just a solid, stone rock.

"Then where is the stone?"

She followed the paintings on the walls, checking for any means of showing where to go next. The art, being as old as it was, was faded. Any suggestions on where to go would have been lost in time. She was on her third loop around the room when she just sat down.

"How am I going to find the stone without any help." She mumbled to herself as she twirled a hoof in the dirt. She then looked up at the three guardians "I bet you would know." She said.

She then laid her head down on the ground and thought to herself. Which after a few minutes of thought, all that came to mind was sleep. Her eyes became hard to keep open and she yawned.

"I guess I could sleep for a moment."

Her eyes closed and she fell into a restless slumber, unaware of the ancient magic that had been put up to protect the room.

She arose, but was no longer in a tomb. She could see nothing but an endless darkness. The ground was soft, not like the clouds that she rested on but soft like a field of that grass that feels so good to just dig your hooves in. She was careless, the air was the cleanest she had ever breathed. Even the air was soft, ever so gently going in and out. Her breathing was slowed, not in a bad way but in a peaceful, calming way.

She jumped up, and to her amazement, she went quite high. Her mind no longer containing knowledge of the bad world she stayed in moments ago. She was floating around without having to use her wings. She didn't want to ever leave.

I will never leave.

I will never leave.

I will never leave.

Her attitude drastically changed In a matter of seconds. She was quickly terrified. She would never leave, always being stuck in this dream. Never to see her family again, or any of her friends. She began to panic, even though she was in a dream, her heart-rate increased dramatically. Beads of sweat formed upon her brow. Her neck was covered with a salty wetness, but her mane and fur remained dry.

no. You are not going to sleep. You can remember why you're here. You need to wake up. She needs you.

And with that she awoke to the same room, only darker. As she looked up through the hole in the roof, she noticed that the moon was out. Another thing that she noticed was how it was a full moon. Though she put no thought into it.

She began to look around the room again, this time with more purpose. When she stopped and turned towards the the mage in the center.

"Something is off about you. " she whispered to the stone statue, " what is it?"

She stared hard at the statue for a couple minutes. "Why do you have a staff?"

She looked closely at the staff and saw that it had a diamond at the top. She crawled on the top of the stone casket and looked through the diamond. It had a map carver in the center, and it showed a location marked down in some desert.

"Nice." She said, then took out her map and marked the location.

She then put everything away, jumped off the casket, then crawled up some of the vines through the hole.

As she reached the top she heard some branches breaking and some leaves being rufflled . Her head spun to the direction of the sound.

She saw a bush, though in the bush there were a pair of eyes. A forked tongue flicked out, and after it came a large black snake.

Seeing this caused her to immediately look away.

"Shit."she exclaimed, "A Basilisk."

Author's Note:

Fuck me. I have strep throat. And just had to get blood work done yesterday and today. So I have two needle holes side by side on my medial cubital vien. Also I feel like crap because I'm in a bad mood for the week. So yeah.

Hope none of this has effected my writing. Please let me know of any grammar and spelling mistakes.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment