• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 433 Views, 17 Comments

From the Other Side - Trivium



Trivium, a 23-year-old male pegasus has seen more than his fair share of disturbing events in his lifetime. Now, everything he knows is falling apart. Is it just him, or is Equestria really falling?

  • ...
 17
 433

Chatper 4: Lost for Most of This Life...

Chapter 4: Lost for Most of This Life...

I feel lost...

I feel...

Numb...

I feel like... Like I'm...

Frozen in time...

Everywhere I turn...

More hatred surrounds me...

Centuries have passed...

Somethings just never change...

We've all been...

Lost...

Lost for all our lives...

Lost... All except for me...

They say there are others...

But there is no pony on the planet that can understand...

Understand this...

Pain...

Dread...

Hatred...

Sorrow...

Emptiness...

Helplessness...

This...

Insanity.

I was home, back home, safe, in bed, with Rainbow Dash. We'd been going good without any incidents for so long, and now I'd felt better, only a month away from our wedding. She was sleeping happily, peacefully, painlessly, while I sat in agony, in this... This... This painful insanity.

I'm not insane...

Sanity has kept us all blind...

I may be... Out of my mind...

But some day you will find...

Sanity's left you all blind.

I sat, forced, watching as these ponies lived their lives... Their... Their dance... Eternal... Their souls... Forfeit.

I sat, forced, watching as these ponies lived their lives... Their... Their laughter... It sounds happy, fun, painless, but I can hear it... The agony, the misery and pain they will soon understand...

I sat, forced, watching as these ponies lived their lives... Their... Their vision... Blinded... Blinded in the chains of Sanity that held them down...

***

"You... Trivium? Trivium! Is that you?!" I heard a voice. I opened my eyes, and found myself in a similar realm to the one where I was told by Chrysalis that there were others with my condition. "Trivium!"

"Where are you?" I asked, looking around. "Who is this?"

"I'm one of them! One of... You!"

"One of... Me?"

"Chrysalis told you there were others, she didn't lie! I can help you!"

"Help me?"

"I've been in this world of insanity so long, there's no escaping for me... But... My knowledge can help you!"

"But... How can I trust you?" I asked, looking around, failing to find the speaking pony.

"What other options do you have?"

"Good point..." I sighed. "How can you help me?"

"You're in more control of this world then you'd know..." The voice said. "This is similar to a lucid dream..."

"Okay... So... Where do I start?"

"I'm gonna help me help you first... Try to imagine me..."

"How do I know what you look like?"

"You'd be surprised, just... Focus, really hard on my voice, and focus on being able to... See... it."

I closed my eyes, focusing on what a voice would look like...

"You... You did it!"

I opened my eyes, and saw an... Alicorn? He was pretty tall, had a white coat, with a grey mane and tail.

"Surprised?"

"Very..." I said.

"Now remember, you can control most of this... thing... That is like a dream.... You'll need powers... This is gonna blow your mind.... Try to focus on becoming an... Alicorn..."

"What?"

"Just focus... Think, let it happen.... Like... Just... Focus, real hard..."

I slowly opened my eyes and stood, feeling much taller then before.

"You're good at this..." The alicorn said.

I looked up, and saw a horn protruding from my forehead, and wings from my back. I did it!

"By the way, the name's Cobalt. White Cobalt."

"Damn, damn!" I said. "How do I.... Use my magic?"

"Well, Trivium, that's where we're starting. Every night, when you go to sleep, you'll be here. I'll be here. It's gonna be lots of training, but we'll eventually get you powerful enough to go find the others, and once we do that, we can defeat Chrysalis." Cobalt paused. "One thing... You won't remember any of this when you're awake... You'll be in two different worlds, basically..."

"So... When I wake up, I won't remember this?"

"Correct, you won't." Cobalt said. "Now, I hate to say this, but it's time for you to wake up..."

"No, wait!" I could feel myself passing out, and waking up in the real world already.

"One more thing!"

I could hear wind rushing, my vision whitening.

"Hurry!" I yelled.

"Whatever you do, don't"

***

I slowly opened my eyes, finding Rainbow Dash to already be awake. "Morning Trivium, sleep well?" She asked.

"Amazingly!" I stood, stretching. "I haven't gotten so much rest in so long!"

"Feeling better?"

"I feel like an alicorn!"

Author's Note:

Damn life has been hitting hard lately.

Comments, ratings, suggestions, and other things are always welcome.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm not sure what to think of this chapter in all truth.
Yes, you are making it somewhat obvious that he is going insane, yet also make it so that it could be real.
Although, I'm not sure where the plot is going, with this chapter making it quite obscure.
I don't know what's happening next, is it dream or reality? I think that sums it up.
Anyway, good writing in general, you still kept me interested and hooked though and I'll still be waiting for the next chapter. :twilightsmile:

yes to what I'm going a little insane now

2989346

You: "W-what?"

Me: "Yes."

You: "Yes to what?"

Yes to what.

Login or register to comment