• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 2,849 Views, 164 Comments

Coming to terms with reality........ - Furstreak



Discord wants Twilight to have a life. She doesn't care. Whats the best thing to do to liven up her life? Why toss a being from another world into it of course!

  • ...
24
 164
 2,849

Chapter 18

"A whole week?!" Kami squeaked out as she trotted alongside her marefriend, Big Macintosh trotting behind the two as they headed back toward the farm.

The spa twins had divulged to the two poison joke victims that their order had been delayed by a week due to some unforseen circumstances in Canterlot. This, would prove to put some serious strain on the two for multiple reasons. The first would be because they wouldn't be able to act like they normally would... Well, this played more on Kamis part than Big Macintosh, considering the red stallion hardly ever spoke more than a few words in a day. Kami had been completely changed though, as his body had transformed into that of a mare.

Although the stallion turned mare didn't mind the change that much, he..... er, she, would now have some strain in her relationship with Applejack, as the two were now more intimate with one another as a couple. Seeing as now he was now a she, things didn't seem to lean in her favor.

The small group continued on down the dirt path, idly talking to one another, however, that would slowly change as Kami had an uneasy feeling creeping over her. Applejack was quick to pick up on this as she spoke up.

"Something bothering ya sugarcube? Ya seem a little pensive." She chuckled toward her marefriend as she watched the blue unicorns head swivel back and forth several times, looking into the brush along the path.

"I dunno, it's just one of those feelings, ya know? Like I'm being watched for some reason." She groaned, still watching the bushes as they trotted closer to the farm.

"Like someone's watching ya huh?" AJ smirked, then snapping her vision back to her brother, catching the stallion staring at the blue unicorns flank before quickly looking away when he was caught.

"Ah wonder who it could be.... sneaking about and looking ya up'n'down like ah fine apple." AJ snickered watching her brothers eyes go a little wide as she turned her head to the front again.

"I don't know, but it's giving me the chills." Kami shuddered, making her fur stand on end, which made her seem a little more fluffy than before.

"Maybe it's a stallion, sneaking a peek at ya from the bushes." AJ snickered, nodding to said bushes alongside the path.

"Well, I can always blast those bushes with magic to make them come out." Kami grinned as her horn lit up.

"What kinda spell ya plan on using?" Big Mac asked as he trotted up a little closer.

"Oh, I dunno.... How about a LIGHTNING BOLT!" She shouted as a crack of electricity erupt from her horn, then striking the bush in a powerful arch, sending both Big Macintosh and Applejack jumping away from the unicorn.

Kami stood there with her horn smoking from the spell, a smirk spread across her face as she looked to the bushes where the lightning bolt had struck. AJ and Big Mac coming back up to her side cautiously as they listened to the bush for a moment, hearing a soft rustling.

"Wait, I think somepony is actually in there!" AJ spoke out in surprise as she rushed over peeking into the bushes to see a rainbow tail sticking out, frizzled beyond recognition and smoking. "RAINBOW! What in tarnation?!" AJ spat as she bit down onto the pegasus' tail and pulled her from the bush still twitching.

"Ow that smarts." Rainbow groaned as she twitched a little more as several small bolts of electricity kept jumping over her frame.

"Wha..... Rainbow! What the hell were you doing in the bushes spying on us?!" Kami yelled at the pegasus as she attempted to get to her hooves but fell over twitching even more.

"I... was going to pull a prank on you... but now I can't move! What did you hit me with?! That wasn't any ordinary lightning bolt." She groaned, finally laying still for a moment and taking a deep breath to calm herself.

"It was a stun spell I learned from Twilight. It renders the being it's cast on immobile until a counter spell is cast, or they don't try to move for at least thirty seconds. It gives the caster enough time to take them out, or run away." Kami stated as her horn began to glow, sending out another beam of magic onto the pegasus to counter the spell she had just cast.

"Well now that would come in handy if the need called for it." AJ chuckled, watching the pegasus slowly get to her hooves.

"Especially against a large opponent that you know you can't beat. I would rather run from a bad fight than to stay and try my luck. I may look like a coward in the end, but it's better than getting killed." Kami sighed. "Besides, I got lucky anyway, I wasn't even aiming at anything other than the bush, and from the looks of it." Kami stated as she help the pegasus up. "It looks like I barely hit Rainbow anyway." She said as she pointed a hoof to a small burned patch of fur on the pegasus' shoulder.

"That was brutal." Rainbow groaned as she began stretching herself out, still feeling some slight numbness in her muscles. "I've never been hit with that spell before, and I've gotten into a lot of fights with a bunch of unicorns before. Heh, if they had used that on me, I would have lost right from the start."

"Either way, I don't like using it, and had I known you were in there, I would have just cast a sting spell instead." Kami chuckled.

"Ouch, no thank you!" Rainbow cringed. "Sting spells hurt more depending on how much magic you put into them. Put too much and you could really hurt somepony."

"Ah, I didn't know that. So if I put more than an eighth of my total reserve into the spell, it could really hurt them huh?" She asked, only to pause upon seeing Rainbows shocked face.

"An eighth?! Yer kidding right?! Even from a weak unicorn, that could put somepony in the hospital. When a unicorn casts a sting spell, they use as little power as possible because it affects the whole body of the pony it's cast on. Geez, I'm a pegasus and I know that much. Of course it doesn't help that Twilight is always spouting off some magic mumbo jumbo when I'm at the library getting the new Daring Do books." She groaned, rolling her eyes.

"So how much magic should I use with a sting spell?" Kami asked, clearly curious.

"How about this, you cast the sting spell on yourself with as little magic as you can put in it, then you tell me." She smirked seeing Kami mull over that idea. She stopped smirking though as Kamis horn lit up and she looked back to her flank. "WAIT! I WAS JUST KIDDING!" She managed to get out only to watch as the beam of magic left the unicorns horn and hit her own flank.

The blue unicorn let out a shriek of pain before falling over onto the dirt path, out cold. The others just staring at her in disbelief. Of course that was until Rainbow felt a hoof hit the back of her head.

"Ya idgit! Ya'll know he's dumb'nough teh do something like that. What's wrong with you girl?!" AJ groaned out as she went over and began to shake the fallen mare that lay in the dirt path.

"I didn't think the idiot would actually cast that spell on herself. How the hay was I supposed to know?!" She attempted to defend herself, only to groan out in annoyance.

"Kami! Kami, are ya'll ok?!" AJ spoke out as she shook the unicorn in her hooves.

"Ow ow ow ow and fucking OW that hurt!" She hissed, cringing in pain as she came too. "At least now I know that spell is seriously dangerous when used. I wouldn't hit anypony with that now even if they asked me to." She sighed, sitting upright and shaking her head to clear the fog.

"How much magic did you actually use in that spell?" Rainbow asked.

"About a thousandth of my current capacity. Why?" She asked, rubbing the spot that she hit.

The three sat there in stunned silence as they stared at the unicorn.

"Well, if a thousandth can knock you out from the pain, then any more might seriously hurt somepony." Rainbow spoke in horror.

"Guess I'd better avoid using that then." She chuckled back. "Still though, I need to ask you again Rainbow, What were you doing spying on us?" Kami asked again as she gave her a sideways glance, making her stiffen up a little.

"Well, I was going to prank you, But I didn't know that you had already been pranked, so I was going to head back home and wait a while, you know, considering yer a mare now from that poison joke." She chuckled nervously.

"Wait, how did you know I got hit with poison joke?" Kami asked in surprise.

"It's obvious." She deadpanned. "When I saw you before, your coat and mane are the only color combination on a pony I have ever seen. Nopony else in Equestria has that pattern, and I should know, because I've seen a lot. The only other that comes close is some stallion in Manehatten, but he has a white and pink streak in his mane, and acts like a mare." She chuckled.

"Thanks.... I think." Kami smirked, cocking a brow.

"Anyway, we're heading back to the farm Rainbow. Ya kin prank Kami later, cause right now, we need teh have a chat." Applejack stated, furrowing her brow toward the mare at her side.

"Oh boy, and from the tone I think it will be all too pleasant." Kami groaned.


After splitting up, the farm duo and unicorn headed back toward the farm while Rainbow headed back into town. Big Macintosh would head into the kitchen to help Applebloom start supper, while Applejack and Kami went up to her room to have a little talk.


As the unicorn walked into the room and took a seat on her marefriends bed, AJ closed and locked the door behind them, causing Kami to feel a little alarmed.

"Ok..... um, AJ, why did you lock us inmmmmmMMMMPH!" The mare was halted as Applejack quickly kissed her, pulling back after a few seconds to smirk at her shocked expression.

"Now listen you, ah don't know what ya'll might think, but ah still love ya, even if yer a mare right now." AJ quickly stated as she pulled her stetson from her head and placed it on the shocked mare before her.

"Uh...... I..... well......... um......" She stuttered, trying to find the words to express what had just happened to her.

"Before ya ask, yea, ah had a marefriend before because ah couldn't find a stallion fer a while. It was short lived, but we left on good terms. So don't'spect fer me teh see ya stay like this, ya hear?" AJ spat, only causing Kami to nod with fervor.

"I understand, but.... AJ...." She trailed off looking a little uneasy. "I have to admit something.... that.... was... kinda hot." She spoke out with a sheepish grin.

"Yea, ah kin tell." She chuckled as she nodded toward Kamis tail, which was twitching a lot behind her.

"Wait... I remember seeing your tail.... do that.... right before we...." She trailed off again as a blush slowly began to encase her body.

"Eeyup, ya'll know when a mare is antsy when her tail's ah twitchin." AJ chuckled, only to bust out laughing as Kami pulled her tail between her legs and held it to her chest to attempt to hide said twitches.

"That's not funny AJ." Kami spat, puffing out her cheeks in embarrassment.

"Ah beg teh differ sugarcube." She continued chuckling softly. "Ya'll dunno how hard it is teh keep that thang from twitching at times, specially when a mare goes inteh season.

"Well, thankfully I won't have to be a mare long enough for that to happen." Kami groaned out, falling over onto the bed.

"Yea, cause ah know a couple stallions this happened to before that didn't get the cure soon enough. They had their first heat, got knocked up, then had teh have the foal before they could be turned back."

"WHAT?!" Kami shouted in complete shock. "You're kidding me right?! That doesn't even sound remotely possible!"

"Nope, it's a rare thang teh happen, but it has happened. Kinda funny though when they have a kid an turn back. The foal usually calls'em mama." AJ snickered. "Wouldn't that be funny, mama Kami."

"UGH!" Kami groaned out, falling back onto the bed. "Yea, that would be freaking hilarious! Just don't go turning into a stallion anytime soon. There is no way I could stand getting knocked up."

"Bah! Don't you worry non. It takes ah spell or poison joke teh turn a mare inteh ah stallion. An ah don't know anypony that can do that, cept Twi." She paused as the two looked to one another in worry.

"I guess that means you need to stay close to the farm, just in case she wants to do something that we may both regret." Kami chuckled worriedly.

"Yea, ah think that's best." AJ smiled nervously back.