• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 416 Views, 3 Comments

Luna's Apprentice - Silent Wars of Minds



Luna's new apprentice has come. She is a smart mare willing to learn and possibly make friends. But her training may be more than just magic. It may be raising the stars. And destroying the sun.

  • ...
 3
 416

The Arrival

It took some time for Moon Light to register what she had just read. At least, the other part about becoming Luna's apprentice. Was this like what Princess Twilight and Celestia were? Moon Light mostly hoped not, but part of her wanted to be like that. Although she didn't understand how Luna knew of her powers still. Was because Luna was a princess? Maybe somepony told her? No, the only ponies who knew where herself and her parents. And her parents had disappeared long ago. Moon Light guessed it was to hide themselves from evil. But a letter would be nice from them. Moon Light shook her head. She had a new task at hand. Moon Light needed to make a list of what to pack.
Moon Light trotted around the streets of Ponyville, looking for a place to buy a gift for Luna. It was polite to do this. Yet she hadd found nothing in the streets. Moon Light could go to Sugarcube Corner, but lots of ponies go there. Plus, Pinkie Pie workedd there all day usually. She sighed. "Where could a gift shop be?" Moon Light muttered to herself.
"I know where!" a pony cheered. Moon Light looked up to see Derpy again. Derpy was grinning back down, while upside down.
"There's one right on the edge of town! Near the Everfree Forest!" Derpy chirpped happily.
"Evergreen Forest," Moon Light corrected sharply. She started to leave Derpy, but Derpy flew ahead of her.
"Who's the gift for? Somepony special? Do you have a coltfriend?" Moon,Light tried to ignore Derpy, but she continued to follow her.
"Come on Moon Light! Tell me! I'm your friend, I won't tell anypony else." Moon Light doubted Derpy would keep her mouth shut, but since she wasn't leaving, Moon Light was forced to tell her.
"It's for Princess Luna! It is not for no coltfriend! I don't even want one!" Moon Light could feel herself yelling. It didn't matter who heard now, because Derpy would tell everypony. Derpy's jaw was wide open.
"You're going to see Princess Luna? The Princess of the Night?" Derpy looked like she had just won a million bits. Her crossed eyes went huge. Moon Light blinked at her. Was she even conscious?
"Derpy?" Moon Light watched Derpy as she slowly started to flip around.
"You are so lucky! You get to go to Cantorlot and see Princess Luna! Nopony gets to see her! I have to tell everypony!" Moon Light's guess was correct.
"See ya later then." Moon Light returned to going to the shop.
Moon Light looked at the gifts. She especially liked the glass gifts. Moon Light decided to get one of the glass shapes. She looked at them. None of them really seemed like a good gift to Luna.
"May I help you?" the shopkeeper asked. Moon Light looked at him. She recognized him from the Winter Wrap Up.
"I'm looking for a glass object. One that is like the night." The shopkeeper looked at Moon Light's cutie mark. It was a moon and star crossed across each other. It was for her magic.
"I have one. It's like your cutie mark." He pointed to the end of the showcase. It was exactly like her cutie mark. The colors were blended nicely. "I'll take that one, Mr. Um...." Moon Light paused. She had forgotten his name. Moon Light was surprised by this.
"Cresent Moon," the shopkeeper finished. He gave the glass moon and star to Moon Light.
"Thank you." Moon Light paid him. She left, but not in a hurry. For she has a crush on him.
Moon Light finished bringing the suitcases to the front yard. The ride to Canterlot was to arrive in five minutes. She levitated the gift before wrapping it up in lots of bubble wrap. She fixed it into the front of the smallest suitcase. She could hear the guards coming. They landed in front of her, almost on top of Moon Light. One guard walked over to Moon Light.
"Hello Ms. Moon Light. I can take your bags for you." Moon Light shook her head.
"I got them." She levitated the bags onto the carrige. The guard looked slightly surprised, but attatched himself back on the carrige. They headed off for Cantorlot.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed! Please leave tips in the comments for future chapters.

Comments ( 2 )

Good so far. Love the way you write. One suggestion is to give more detail to each character. Other wise keep up the good work.

Login or register to comment