• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 700 Views, 27 Comments

Why Me?! - Kori Kitsune



The queen of the Changelings is responsible for the lives of all of her subjects since birth but was she ready for it?

  • ...
1
 27
 700

I'm Trying!

Queen Chrysalis awoke in an unknown location that felt to be somewhere near northern Equestria. She did not see a single living thing around her and had to say that she was glad for that. If she could get back before the rest of the Changelings maybe she could find and save her.

“Which way?” Came the realization as she turned circles not knowing which way to go. “Umm lets see home is north so the moon should show me?”

The moon was held almost tauntingly directly above her not moving in the night as she wished it to. Not a single sing to help her find her way home and not a single subject to help her find her way. That is what she thought as she headed out to find her home before one of the “Loyal Subjects” got there first.

“Hello Queen!” Came the call as a hurt and broken changeling approached its head cracked and one of its legs missing. “You are heading home?”

“Yes I am. And you shall lead me there!”

“Of course my Queen. This way.” The changeling must have been so young as to not know of the true intent of its Queen. “Are you hurt?”

“I shall be fine.” She replied and looked down at the young naive hatchling before her not noticing its own condition and felt a shine of compassion. “You on the other hand could use some help. Which way is home?”

“It is right that way my Queen. Thanks for your concern but I am fine.”

“I know that.” Chrysalis said as she hugged the innocent hatchling before her. “I am going to make the pain stop now. Don’t move.”

A sickly snap resided in the air as she broke its neck killing it and putting it out of its painful lose. She did not care for the lose of one of the many who were heading home as she set the body of the changeling down and set off to get home before the rest of the her subjects could get home or worse yet find her.

She watched as the plains and grassy hills gave way to stone and mountains. The mountains became torn as she neared the home of her kind. She was so close that she could smell the green slime that they used as a glue like material.

“Queen! I have found you!” Came the fiendish call as she entered the cave that she knew was to hold Heart and saw a hurt subject standing waiting by the entrance. “You almost beat me here you know!?”

“Get outta my way subject! let me in!”

“Oh now you know how this works.” Came the evil remark. “You feed us and then you can see her. Feed us all and we release her.”

“It is just me and you! I am sure of my ability to take a hurt runt as you!”

“How do you know it is just me?! I have been sure to put as many as have returned home to watch the room and make sure that you do not get in!”

“Why! You defy your Queen!”

“Oh you know as well as I do why you call yourself that! I was there when we killed the innocent to get you to be Queen.”

“You will let me pass or I will be sure to kill you myself!”

“Kill me and watch as the walls turn to fighters and we force you back onto your throne. You can not win this Chrysalis.”

“Don’t call me that! I hate that name!”

“But it is your name! And you will bare it with honor.”

“It is not my name! My name is GreenRose! I don’t want to be the queen.” Chrysalis called out and her body slowly shifted to that of the green earth pony that she had first turned to in a moment of fear. “I don’t want to.”

“But you will! If you want HeartFelt to live then you will feed us all.”

“I just did my best! You did not exactly rush into help me!”

“You must feed us! We can not be the one to feed us you must do it!”

“I did my best but you did not do as I asked but you did not! If you had come with you could have stopped that pest from stopping us! Then you thought that it would be a good idea to attack the city during the wedding!”

“We made sure that you would not betray us yet you failed! You feasted without us and when we came you revealed yourself!”

“I had no choice! I had been discovered and if I would not have revealed myself then I would not have been able to defend myself!”

“Wrong! You let them reunite the two! You watched as they used the thing which we feed on to stop us!”

“I did no such thing! I did all that I could you're the one responsible for the failure! No let me through!”

“Never! We will kill Heart if you ever try something like that again! You know that we will we could just let her go without you knowing and watch her wither away!”

“You wouldn’t. Please just let her live and I promise that I will get you something to feast on. I’m sure that I can find some way to get you some love.”

“You had better! If something happens though I will not hesitate to run her through myself!”

“I said to leave her be!” Chrysalis bellowed and in her fury she took the changeling skull and broke it open against the wall and watched as the body fell to the floor dead as the stone around it.

“Queen? Why did you do that?” Came the horrific call of hundreds of hatchlings as they revealed themselves and converged upon their queen. “Why did you kill him? You are supposed to protect us! You are supposed to feed us!”

“I’m trying. I really am. Please let me go and find you a meal. I’m sure that I can find something for you to eat.”

“You will not leave! We will go and find our own food! We must until you can find us a feast! If you do not find us one! She dies!”

“No! You leave her alive and I find you food and she lives! That was the deal!”

“You can’t stop us! Not all of us!” They said and pushed the queen out of the cave. “You will feed us!”

She flew as fast as she could to find any source of food for the monsters that she ruled over. She had to if she ever wanted to hear the sweet voice of Heart again. She did not want to know what her subjects were willing to do to feed.

“Why do I have to do this? You can all feed yourself so why me?” Chrysalis wailed as she flew past a small town and saw a loving couple on their porch. She could have told her subjects but she knew how they went about getting their food and she did not want to see anypony lose a loved one to be replaced by one of her changelings.

“I will stay here all night if that is what it takes to get you to sleep but I will not let you lay here in fear.” The words rang through her head as she flew from her home. She clinged to those words everyday as she tried to do that which she hated. She had to save her somehow but the changelings never stopped growing in numbers and they never seemed to agree with her.

“How do you feed something that never gets enough? When all they ever try to do is stop you from feeding them?” She whimpered and looked up at the moon as if hoping for Luna to come down and tell her but no such thing happened. “Why don’t you help me! You sit up there and watch me suffer! I know that you do! Just help me.”

“They will never help you!” Came the reply as a changeling landed beside her position in a tree outside of a small pony village.
“Why would they? You just lead the attack on their very city! They will hate you until the day that they see you die!”

“I did not lead an attack! I was just trying to feed you so that you would let her leave!”

“They do not know that! All they know is that you rule those who just attacked their very home! You are the one that they will blame for their pain if a loved one goes missing! Whether or not we were involved in it!”

“Why me? I don’t understand.”

“You are the Queen because you are! Stop whining and feed us!”

“Leave me!” She called and dropped her hooves onto its head caving it in killing it. “You can help yourself now! Because I never wanted to.”

She looked down at the body of the fiend she ruled below her and in a fit of rage she checked to see if any more were nearby and screamed all of her pain at the body.

“I did all that I could to feed you I went in and offered to bring others in with me! When none came I warned them of the attack so that you could not enter! But I was discovered! I offered to let some in to assist me but none came! The wedding came and I decided to let it go as planned and let the shield stay! But you attacked! I let the shield break in hopes that you would all be killed in the battle but you fought well! So I let them put the shield back up and was thrown out myself in the process! I gave up everything to try and feed you!”

She did not care as to if any ponies in town heard her they would not know who had screamed the hateful words. She looked down at the body of the one she had been responsible and wished that she could find some way to make them all like the corpse below her. If only something was able to fight the very ones who controlled her.

Comments ( 25 )

Okay.. now its strange, I though story was before invasion. Chrysalis act immature. Much to many repeats. Its feels like there should be one more chapter before that one.
I'm just confused

2722253
I was tired and I had an idea stuck in my head. I really do need to execute the new chapter better. :twilightblush:
This is an update as to what the reasons for her being so idiotic during the invasion were.

2722929
I am thinking of including her in Kori's Tale but it is not set in stone yet :rainbowhuh:

Comment posted by Kori Kitsune deleted Jun 15th, 2013

2722967
:rainbowhuh: are you sure about that?

yeah i coulnd not resist to put derpy she is so cute:twilightsmile:


Wait, complete? I though it will be little longer than just 2 chapters

2740135
I'm outta ideas for this story. If you got any I will be glad to hear them and I will put in more chapters if I get any good ideas till then :twilightblush:

Ice

Huh, same name as one of my old fics.

2817287
Great minds think alike :pinkiehappy:

:rainbowhuh:She keeps killing her own... ummmm... this is not the Chrysalis we know.

2870837
Eh :ajbemused: she had to do something to show her hate for the hive and this was an interesting way in my own opinion.

2871029:fluttershysad: But so many changelings dead...
:fluttercry:

2871762
I'm sorry but did you read this story? The hive deserved it in this case.

2871792 Yeah, I read it. I expected them to be demoted or something, not killed!

2872120
What is the fun in that? :pinkiehappy:

2872412

You can all feed yourself

yourselves.

Also please continue this.

5619710 reads over comments I had no real plans to continue this or anything on this sight for that fact but I may actually do a complete rewriting of this story seeing how long ago it was written and how much I've changed the way I write since then. Also I know there are bound to be tons of spelling and grammar errors in this since I had no editor for this story and didn't care much about it.

5642652 I see. Might we receive a notification with this story tagged should it be rewritten? I mean write a blog about this and tag it.

5642659 Sure thing! It may be a while before I write any more of this or any of my other stories cough Kori's Tales cough but I will get some more out sometime in the next month or so.

5642666 I would love to converse with you on skype or pm if you like.
Dionysiosbbbb in skype.

5642684 Certainly, I can't really talk right now but in around 24 hours I will be available on skype to talk. Note I don't like to talk much so I won't be vocally talking.

Login or register to comment