• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 9,361 Views, 504 Comments

Role Reversal - Trials



Sometimes, we all need company. Big Mac found his in the form of a doll — a filly's mere toy. She provided companionship as an inanimate object, but now, it's not enough.

  • ...
19
 504
 9,361

The Sequel

Did someone say... sequel?

It's been several weeks since Smarty Pants began her life at Sweet Apple Acres. Even after the night she shared with Big Mac, he hasn't realised her true intentions. Seemingly, his definition of 'friend' is very different to her own. When Smarty catches wind of an upcoming competition, she hatches a plan in the hopes of finally making Big Mac understand her feelings. What can possibly go wrong?

What are you still doing here? Go read it!

Comments ( 19 )

I will find you, and I WILL read you...

Even after the night she shared with Big Mac, he hasn't realised her true intentions. Seemingly, his definition of 'friend' is very different to her own.

The heck? His idea of friends is sleeping with the opposite gender?

I was doing something important. Screw work, I'm reading this.

My life now has purpose once more... Wow that made me seem pretty crazy. Eh, crazy it is. :pinkiecrazy:

What are you still doing here? Go read it!

I READ IT!
BEFORE I READ THIS!
SO THAT MEANS I WIN or something...

3063215 If by "sleeping" you simply mean sharing the same bed, then yeah. Friends of the opposite gender share beds.

3065497 Considering that Celestia boosted Twilight's spell instead of stopping it in Big Mac's case, as explained by Twilight, it isn't simply what she is or isn't capable of. As for Discord, there were more pressing matters at hand. Big Mac's sister and family appeared, not to mention the strange mare from his 'dream'. Without a doubt, he would've tried to attack Discord in his right mind, but the situation as well as his confused state were overwhelming.

It's not as if he instantly becomes aware of everything he missed. Most of those things you mentioned aren't particularly important to him, like the sudden existence of Pip or Dash being in the Wonderbolts. As it's a cartoon, the characters don't age as we do. I mean, look at Bart Simpson. He should be in his mid-thirties by now, if I recall correctly. :twilightsheepish:

Ok... cant remember if I have said already, but this s one of the most original stories I have read here in Fimfic. Very well done too.

3070393
Well, y'know, it's rather important to give criticism to help others improve. I'll admit my comment (from two months ago, no less) wasn't terribly specific about what to improve, but still. Not bad, but needs improvement.

3071395
Pfft, Homer? Try Mr. Burns or Abe. They should've died loooooong ago. But then again; cartoon universe!

3078150 Thanks for point out the mistake! Just corrected it. :twilightsmile:

And also... that pic. I must make a fic out of it. Timberwolves are truly misunderstood, and the world must know.

3078327 ...I set one on fire... it was trying to eat me.

3078357 That... that wasn't very nice... He was just trying to have fun. :fluttershysad:

3078627 No... Smokey was most definitely trying to eat me. I didn't kill him though...

3341024 Really? Does it have to be that uniformed? I didn't even realise there has to be some order to it.

3368821 Firstly, thanks for the kind words. It makes all those hours spent thinking of an idea worth it, even if the idea was spawned from the picture. That bittersweet ending you mentioned was one of the initial plans I had, in that everything she'd done would ultimately come down to nothing, but I just really wanted a happy ending, both for the readers and myself. The more I wrote about Muppet, the more I loved the character, which is something I've never really experienced before. I just genuinely wanted her to have a happy ending, even if a little sad at the same time.

As for the whole bed scene, I partially agree. It is a little out of character, but I like to think that Muppet's impulsiveness changed his own personality slightly. Either way, I just wanted to create a peaceful ending between them, which would hint at the future. Many thanks for the compliments, and I'm glad you enjoyed this somewhat strange series of events.

Nope, that's not it! Aha, seeing as though no one found the cameo, I may as well tell you. It was just a silly sentence.

Through all the trials and tribulations she'd faced, they could finally be together.

3369851

Through all the trials and tribulations she'd faced, they could finally be together.

Pfft, I should had caught on that you would do something so sneaky like that, since I had said almost the same thing on my first message.:ajbemused:

You are welcome, my good man, for I did find it as a good story with incorporating ideas like Mac being enchanted the entire time and the whole "every spell has a price" saying that happens to be turning Mac into a doll for Discord to laugh at in his expense.

Anyhow, who doesn't want to have a happy ending for a story like this, for who do so otherwise when you get to know the character? I often think delightfully about how it could end... in a sad note, although I find it a very nice fact that you had initially thought of a bittersweet ending for the story. You don't see much of a happy/normal story that can potentially set itself up a good tragedy (or what have you) when no one is physically hurt, turned insane or even had heavy drama, which I find it quite rare when I think about it in terms of this site.

What's a good story without some strange, yet amusing, series of events? So long it's enjoyable and intriguing to read it's alright in my book.

Reactions to chapter 1:

Big Mac's obsession with that doll is kind of disturbing. If it weren't for all the magic stuff, I'd suggest psychotherapy. Possibly a firmer disenchantment from the Want it Need it spell.

By the end of the chapter, it's like a slightly less perverse and creepy Pygmalion and Galatea!

Img is broke. o.o

Login or register to comment