• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 1,401 Views, 7 Comments

A Rainbow In The Sky - SobStory



The girls learn to deal with the loss of one of their friends. Except for some ponies who just can't accept it.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,401

The Beginning to an End

One month ago, I would've thought that none of this would happen. It was all crazy, every pony and I got crazy. I'm glad Applejack came back, if it wasn't for her, we would've never been able to get all the ponies back together. It was amazing what we did, We turned a bunch of depressed ponies back to their usual self and we taught them to move on and to not mourn Rainbow Dash anymore, but rather celebrate her life. Now I see myself here, with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle behind the older ponies, at Sugarcube Corner. A thousand thoughts ran through my head, would Pinkie not come with us, would she get angry like Twilight and Fluttershy did, no pony knew. After Applejack knocked, the door opened. We saw her, except she seemed darker and her hair was straight. But asides from that, for the first time in a month, Pinkie Pie was smiling. No pony has seen her smile in so long.

"Applejack! You're back, and you guys too, wow, it feels like it's been forever." We all went to her and gave her a big group hug, huh, her hair did smell like cotton candy. We all went inside and get a snack, after a full day, we were quite hungry.

"So what are you guys doing here?" We all knew this was gonna be more tough, even more tough then Twilight. But if anything happens, I know I'll be able to help her too. Applejack then spoke to her,

"Pinkie, something sure amazing happened today. Both Ah and Scootaloo were able to round up every pony, we did this for a reason, I know you might not agree, but we all were able to help each other out with Rainbow Dash, and we've all decided for the best and to move on, she would want us to move on, y'know? Ah just want you to come along with us and join us too, what do you say?" At first, Pinkie looked confused, then she looked as if she was thinking. I decided to add a few more words,

"Pinkie, I know that Rainbow Dash was your best friend, she was for all of us. Every pony felt different after she died, I felt like a sister.." Pinkie Pie looked at me and I could see tears in her eyes. She then went upstairs and got something, when she came back down, she showed us what it was. It was a framed picture of her and Rainbow Dash, she then broke the frame and got the picture out. She turned to the back of the picture and read something that was written on it,

"Dear Pinkie Pie, you will always be my best friend, you were always there for me, especially when I needed you. It's funny because at first sight, you just seemed like an annoying pony I'd hardly ever be friends with but you changed that. And I just wanted to say that no matter what, we'll always be friends, friends to the end. I love you Pinkie Pie, always know that, I'll love you from now till the end... I'll love you now till the end of time. N-never forget that Pinkie. Yours truly, Rainbow Dash." Every pony was crying now. We all went over to Pinkie Pie and hugged her, it felt like forever till we all stopped.

"You guys are right.. She'd want us to move on. Okay, I'll do it." Slowly after saying that, Pinkie Pie's skin got brighter and her hair went back to normal, all puffy. She didn't act like her usual party weird self though, at least not yet. We all went outside and Pinkie Pie pointed up to the sky, all of us looked up. It was a rainbow.

***

"Kid... Come here." I went over to Rainbow Dash and she whispered in my ear.

"Always believe in yourself kid, one day, you'll be the greatest flyer ever. I promise to keep always looking after you. I love you Scootaloo." I broke down and cried, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle started to comfort me, I'll never get those words out of my head. I'll never forget you Rainbow Dash, you'll always be my big sister, no matter what.

I love you.