• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 1,397 Views, 7 Comments

A Rainbow In The Sky - SobStory



The girls learn to deal with the loss of one of their friends. Except for some ponies who just can't accept it.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,397

Pinkamena Diane Pie

It's sad knowing that once, I was the happiest pony in all of Equestria, but that all changed a month ago. Today was the first day I've smiled in a long time, it's amazing how one plain old image could bring back so many good memories, whether a picture or a rainbow. I looked back at the picture, it was of me hugging her, that was so long ago...

***

"Wow, Pinkie Pie, you are so random!" I smiled at the rainbow maned pony, just to think, a couple weeks ago she would've thought I was just another annoying pony, but after an entire full day of pranking, it's safe to say that me and Rainbow Dash are close friends now!

"So Rainbow Dash, what fun prank will we pull next?" I was eager and bouncy to know, but then Gilda showed up. Who the hell does she think she is, stealing her from me? It pissed me off, luckily she screwed herself later when I threw a party for her and acted like a total jerk, even when I tried to help her. But now I had Rainbow Dash all to myself again, and that's all I need

***

I couldn't believe it, how could my own friends be ignoring me? Especially Rainbow Dash! I thought she was my best friend, they're all backstabbing traitor-phonies. And further more, how could they just pass up Gummy's After-Birthday party? Whatever, I don't need them, I can make my own friends. Even if I have to use these rocks, or this bag of flour. You guys are my friends, right?

***

"C'mon Pinkie." I was mad at Dash, I wasn't going anywhere, luckily all my friends like Rocky and Madame Le Flour had my back, they were my true friends, he-he. ha, ha-ha.

"Alright, time to get out of Creepy Town, let's go." She then dragged me back to Applejack's, as if to mock me at my own farewell party. But it wasn't.. It was my Birthday. I didn't know what I did before, I just... Snapped.
.

***

"So, Miss Pie, what seems to be the problem today?" I looked at the older pony, he was holding her notepad, writing down notes.

"I think I'm hearing voices, but not nice voices, mostly mean and rude voices. They tell me to do things, it's really weird." The pony nodded and wrote down on his notepad. She then turned back to me.

"Miss Pie, have you ever heard of Schizophrenia?" I was confused, I haven't heard that word before, not even from Twilight, and she always uses big words, she was a real egghead.

"No, is it a type of food? I sure am hungry." The pony nodded no.

"Schizophrenia is when some pony constantly hears voices. The pony may also have bi-polar disorder or extreme paranoia. There's also Multiple Personality disorder where the pony will have different personalities take over and become, let's say, a different pony. Do you ever change from your normal self?" I was shocked, the doc was right..

"Y'know, you're right, sometimes I'm not Pinkie. And there was also this one time where I took voices of inanimate objects like flour or rocks, it seems to happen when I'm really sad. And to think about, sometimes I'm not Pinkie when I'm sad." The pony nodded and wrote down some more.

"So, who are you when you aren't Pinkie?"

"I... I don't know.."

***

Rainbow Dash was leaving to the Wonderbolts Academy. I was happy for her, I really was. But I knew I'd miss her... Out of all my friends, she's my bestest friend. I then decided to wait for her to send any mail, or anything. I just couldn't move from the mailbox. As days went by, she still didn't send anything. I told her to write, but it's been day. Darn it, why the hell hasn't she written to us? I keep checking and checking that mailbox, but nothing. NOTHING. Does she even care, no she probably doesn't, maybe she's forgotten about us, well to hell with her...

I still didn't leave that mailbox though, I waited and waited. I know the other ponies are watching me, they know how sad I am. It's been 3 days. I haven't moved an inch. She's probably forgotten us anyway, but then we all got the idea to send her a care package and I instantly was hooked! But then I said,

"Don't be upset if she doesn't recognize you at first. It might take a while for her to get her memory back," just a friendly advice to them.

***

"SCREW YOU! I'M NOT CRAZY, I'M NOT CRAZY, I'LL KILL YOU FOR SAYING THAT, I'M NOT CRAZY!!"

I know what you're thinking, but the doc probably shouldn't had some something, I didn't really kill him, I'm not that cuckoo, I did manage to slap him. But soon after, I was shocked at what happened, I had never do something as mean as that, I felt bad and soon returned and apologized. Then I paid extra for the session and left, what was wrong with me? I guess I am crazy... Or insane.

***

We finally arrived to the academy and you know what's the first thing that happens? We get sucked into a tornado, but I didn't care because Rainbow Dash saved us, and she even remembered us! I hugged her hard, no pony saw but I also gave her a kiss on the cheek. It was a great day for all of us, she even was made a certified leader by Spitfire, we all seemed happy. Even me.. But for the past days I was also bi-polar and paranoid, so I decided to go see a therapist about what's wrong.

***

Looking back on all that, I have to say that time was well spent, and that I learned to confront the demons within. But they will come back, they always do. I'm a bi-polar, paranoid schizo pony. But I know that I could deal with it, I looked back at all my time with Rainbow Dash, I miss her, I will never forget her. But I know she wants me to move on. I looked back outside and looked up, the rainbow was still there. I looked down and saw them, Applejack, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. I went downstairs to see them, I already knew why they're here anyway. I giggled and opened the door.