• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 1,653 Views, 41 Comments

A lost souls second chance - Blue dragon 116



can a single moment of honest remorse make up for a lifetime of wrong doings and ill deeds? indeed it can and you might be surprised to find just who extends that chance

  • ...
16
 41
 1,653

a heart to heart with the sun

Storm slept peacefully the remaining hours of the night with dreams of Luna dancing through his head. He was Dragged from his dreams by a bustle and scraping around the library almost like someone was cleaning. Storm let out a slight growl as he turned his body to have his face buried in the cushions of the couch he slept on. Only to be startled completely awake by the feeling of the once stable couch rising into the air and wobbling slightly. Slightly agitated that his sleep had been interrupted storm flipped over to find the couch he was resting on was floating about five feet off the ground. With spike and twilight scurrying across the already spotless library cleaning messes only they could see. When the couch was finally returned to its rightful place storm stood and stretched before turning to twilight with a confused look.

"So would you mind telling me why your cleaning house this early in the morning?" Storm said only to have twilight spin around and stare at him as if he just asked the dumbest question in the world.

"We are cleaning this early because a few minutes ago we received a letter from celestia. Saying she is coming to the library to talk to you and the library is in no condition to be housing royalty." Twilight said as if it was obvious though she sounded quite nervous as she said this.

"Twilight you are being ridiculous this place is spotless how could it not be clean enough to have celestia visit?" Storm asked exasperation evident on his voice. Twilight made as if to reply but was silenced by the sound of wings outside the door quickly fallowed by a light knock on the door.

"Well I wonder who that could be" storm said sarcastically before approaching the door and opening it to reveal. None other than princess celestia herself standing their a strange look visible behind her smile. Storm bowed deeply before moving aside to allow the princess entry only to have her shake her head no saying.

"Actually I would like to talk with you in private so storm if you would please follow me and sorry twilight ." The apology aimed at her faithful student who released a sigh of both disappointment and relief. The rest aimed at storm with a look that said it was more of command than a request. Shaking his head slightly storm didn't know what to make of these events and so he agreed to go with celestia waving goodbye to twilight as he left. The flight to canterlot was quite and slow with storm noticing celestia look at him puzzled out of the corner of his eyes on numerous occasions. When they finally arrived at canterlot storm expected for celestia to head to the castle or at least her chamber's. But to storms surprise she heads to towards garden surrounding the sides of the castle. Once their celestia didn't say a word only motioning for storm to follow as she moved deeper into the labyrinth that is the royal gardens. celestia stopped when they reached a small clearing with a creek flowing lazily through with flowers of all the colors of the rainbow on its bank shadowed by a large tree overlooking it. Here she turned to face storm with a strange look causing him to pause and stare at the princess confused.

"So tell me storm just when did you start to love my sister and why?" celestia asked catching storm completely by surprise as his jaw moved But he was to dumbstruck by her abrupt question to speak. Finally realizing he looked like a moron standing their like he was storm cleared his throat and thought to himself. How does she know I love Luna..... wait their sisters of course they would tell each other these things. Storm groaned loudly as he let his head sag back and his shoulders slump he knew where this was going and he wasn't going to like it one bit. Storm took a seat across from celestia motioning for her to do the same and when she did he began to speak.

"It might sound clichéd but it was love at first sight" storm said chuckling. "She is absolutely beautiful what's not to love she is smart, funny, and a all around amazing pony once you get to know her." Storm said a small smile creeping across his face as he spoke earning a grin from the princess.

"But even more so I feel like I owe her" storm said surprising celestia as she leaned in to show she was listening. "Ever since I met her I have loved her but I also fell like she has done me some form of favor that I will never be able to repay." Here storm glanced at celestia to gauge her reaction this was her sister he was talking about. Celestia had a sort of far off almost knowing look on her face before it vanished when she saw storm was watching her.

"Has she told you about her past?" celestia asked watching storm as well as his eyes clouded slightly with unshed tears. "I don't want you to get into this without knowing all that needs to be known" celestia said laying a hoof on storms knee.
"I will tell you the same thing I told Luna." storm said his eyes keeping their clouded look. "The past doesn't matter as much as what you do today, weather or not you learn from your mistakes and get better from them. That is what I look at when I meet somepony new."

"Those are wise words my young friend" celestia said smiling warmly at storm. "Not many ponies think like that anymore. It reminds me of times past..... I hope you two find all that your looking for in each other." She said pulling storm into a hug before releasing him a stern expression back on her face.

"I don't believe I have to tell you what will happen to you if you hurt my sister?" celestia said causing storm to laugh heartily earning a angry look from the princess. When she made to speak storm stopped her and said.

""Please princess I aint laughing at you I have no doubt you would put me through a world of hurt if I broke your sisters heart. Its just I doubt you would get the chance cuss Luna would probably kill me herself." This earned a warm smile from celestia who stood and gave storm a hug before excusing herself and heading for the castle. With that done storm took off and headed for the library Thinking to himself. That was better than I expected though it was a lot nicer than the last time I heard that speech. Right as that thought crossed his mind storm stalled in the air and started to hover where he was a confused expression on his face. I have never had one of those "hurt my sister I kill you" speeches before so where the hell did that though come from? Confused storm hovered their for a while to puzzle this out. Only to discover he couldn't remember where or how but had indeed heard that speech before and it irked him to no end. But he decided to push it away and think on it later the sun was siting low in the sky and he needed to get to the library. So he could polish and put on his armor it would look bad if he showed up late the first day on the job..... or night as it was.