• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 1,653 Views, 41 Comments

A lost souls second chance - Blue dragon 116



can a single moment of honest remorse make up for a lifetime of wrong doings and ill deeds? indeed it can and you might be surprised to find just who extends that chance

  • ...
16
 41
 1,653

tomarrow is a new day

The night was the same as any other in the city, people hurried from place to place continuing on with their lives. everyone looking behind them at the slightest sound watching for the evils known to plague the streets. All save one he was known round the city for his brutality, cold heart, and ruling his gang with an iron fist. This man has been known to kill entire family's on a whim, or even his own allies simply because they "didn't look right". But tonight the infamous tyrant was felled by a single knife left to die by his enemies and allies alike. It all started out so promising for the man until his own men mutinied against him cutting him down with single knife through his gut. He was left cursing and screaming but not a soul payed him any attention, eventually his voice grew hoarse and abandoned him leaving him truly alone with no one but himself. The ground was cold and hard where the man lay late that night, his blood pooling around him. His only company was the ever shining beauty of the moon and stars above him twinkling and shining completely unaware of what was happening below them. For what seemed like hours to him but was only a few minutes, he just sat their staring at the moon coming to terms with and accepting his death feeling his life slowly slip away. But as he accepted his fate his heart sank lower and lower in his chest his life was riddled and stained by his crimes and evil ways forever marking him as a damned soul. He was struck by a overwhelming feeling of remorse not for himself but instead for all those he had wronged. His mind was plagued by the voices and faces of the innocents he had slain and for the first time in his life the man shed a tear. He wanted nothing more than to take back his actions only to ease the suffering of those he hurt. He again gazzed up at the beauty of the moon, wishing he could have a chance to make things up to them. But alas as he heard the faint sounds of sirens growing closer and his vision began to fade he knew, that he was doomed to his fate and he would accept the reprocussions of his actions. And so with a sound mind and clean conscious he took his last breath and closed his eyes one last time. As his earthly senses faded from him the man thought he heard a voice calling out to him ever so softly.

I can help you.

With a jolt and sudden intake of breath the man bolted upright. Only to find himself not in the alley but on a never ending sea under the night sky afloat a small raft. the moon and stars shone brightly only to be reflected by the waters of the sea.

"well this certainly isn't hell." he said to himself staring in awe at the beautiful scene before him.

"but I wouldn't mind if it was."

"indeed this is not the place you know as hell." a voice said behind him as its owner came into view before him shrouded in shadow.

"This is simply a dream I have made so we may speak to one another." the shadow said giving no hint as to who or what it was and it's motives. Finding himself able, the man stood and glared fiercely at his captor

"And just who do you think you are to bring me here?" he drawled in a deep southern accent pointing a finger at the shadow accusingly. spreading his feet to a defensive stance believing himself ready for anything only to be proven wrong as the shadow dissipated to reveal the creature standing beneath it. The man found himself looking eye to eye with a dark blue alicorn with teal eyes that seemed to boar into his soul and it's mane and tail flowing in a nonexistent breeze looking to be almost a mirror image of the night sky above them. This man was known for his nerves of steel and feared by many but the sight before him was so unheard of that he feared that he finally lost his mind. He even went so far as to retreat from the pony and dunk his head in the water surrounding his little raft. Staring wide eyed when he again faced the pony only to find it remained as if it was supposed to be a figment of his imagination.

"I am princess Luna co-ruler of the land of equestria and princess of the night." the pony said eyeing the man as a mother would a insolent child.

"I have brought you here because despite your cruel past I believe you are sincere in you hope for repentance if you are sincere I may be able to aid you." she said approaching the man stopping directly in front of him.

"and why would you want to help me?" the man challenged both cautious of and intrigued by the creature before him.

" why I am helping you is not the point, the fact is I am offering for you to live the how's or whys are irrelevant." the pony said obviously impatient with this ordeal. Doubtful of this creature the man had to admit this was better than hell but what was the catch.

"So what's the catch what must I give up for this gift?" the man asked causing the pony to roll her eyes, shake her head and sigh in frustration.

"you try my patients human. it is a simple yes or no question, do you accept my offer or not"? the pony said flaring her wings out as if making ready for flight.

" I accept you offer princess!" the man said jumping forward to stop the pony from leaving though he doubted this was real what was the harm of playing along if only to delay his arrival in hell.

"very well." the princess said leaning forward until their faces almost touched a cold look on her face

" but be warned should you return to your evil ways I will be watching you and will not hesitate to destroy you if you harm anypony." The man gulped audibly and nodded in understanding. without another word Luna tapped her now glowing horn to his head where he disappeared in a blinding flash of light.

"rest well now for tomorrow is a new day....storm bringer." and as she spoke both the princess and the world around her began to fade away until their was nothing left. With a gasp a young dragon bolted awake jumping to his feet his eyes darting across his surroundings in alarm crouched low ready to fight or flee. He was tall just shy of eight feet with a well toned build. He was a light blue with white streaks all across his body almost like lightning bolts and broad shoulders with strong toned arms that ended in large clawed hands. His face was hard but kind with two large horns jutting of the back of his head and more going all the way down his back to his tail. His eyes despite their ice blue color gazed on with a warmth at the world when he remembered where he was and sat back down curling his long powerful tail around himself and stretching his large wings to their full extent and prepared for another day of flying. Ever since waking in this forest four days ago he has been searching for... he didn't know what for. All he knew was he was a dragon his name was Stormbringer and he was seeking his purpose in life. little did he know he would find that purpose that very day as he stood once more and took to the sky scaning the horizon for anything other than the forest below him. And as he did so a particulare princess watched with magic keeping tabs on his slow progress towards civilization and a genuine hope that he may very well find the redemption he seeks.

Author's Note:

criticism is welcome though please be nice I know this story wont ever win a prize but it is my first ever fan fic and I hope to get better