• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 1,292 Views, 23 Comments

Midnight Amethyst - kioraid



A certain filly and colt get into a argument that results in a unexpected turn of events forming new bonds with their parents Twilight and Rainbow

  • ...
5
 23
 1,292

Chapter 2: Seperation

"Ugh."

Amethyst was slowly drawn from her slumber.

She looked around the large bedroom until her eyes focused on Midnight's bed.

"Midnight?"

Amethyst propped herself up in her bed, wavering slightly from sleep still holding on.

"Miiiiiiddddnnnniiiggghhhttt. Where are you?"

Amethyst leaned over her bed to get a better look at Midnight's bed. She quickly lost her balance, falling straight onto the floor with a muffled thump.

"Oh, hello floor. I'ma gonna sleep on you."

Amethyst plopped her head onto the floor, and stayed there for an unknown amount of time until a familiar noise interrupted her slumber.

"That is classy Amethyst. Especially for a princess."

Midnight stood in the doorway glancing towards Amethyst.

"How long have you been there anyways? You look terrible."

Amethyst slowly got off the floor and dragged herself towards Midnight.

"I look fantastic, so you can shut your face. As for how long I haven't a clue."

Amethyst walked past Midnight and headed into the hallway.

Midnight looked towards where she was heading.

"Wrong way Am’.”

Amethyst stopped dead in her tracks and glared down at Midnight. Who simply pointed in the other direction.

She walked towards where he pointed, entering a bathroom. Propping herself in front of a sink she grabbed a toothbrush.

"Not going to use magic for that?"

Midnight stood at the door.

"Magic is stupid."

"Because you can't use it."

"I can use it, I just don't want to."

"Sure, there is a brush in the second drawer if you want to do something with your mane."

Midnight turned and left down the hallway. Amethyst looked in the mirror, her light blue mane tousled while her rainbow streak was but a tuft in her bangs.

Why would I bush my mane, it's fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An extensive library stood before Midnight. An older looking mare came to him.

"Finished that book already?"

Midnight smiled and looked at the older mare. Her features were soft and friendly, a white coat and blonde mane complimented her rather well.

"Hello, Libra."

Midnight flew over and hugged the mare. Looking into her eyes he asked.

"Do you have the new one?"

"I have a lot of ‘new ones’, you’re going to have to be more specific."

Midnight pouted.

"Oh stop that, your face might stick like that. Now I guess we better check if 'The New Adventures Of Graywood' has arrived."

"You’re the author, shouldn't you know?!?"

Libra brought out a box from a cabinet nearby.

"Yes, but I'm not the one who creates copies and ships them out though."

"You know, don't you?"

Libra smiled.

"Yes, I know the exact day that we will receive it. If you listened the first time I told you, we wouldn't be having this conversation now."

Midnight’s shame made the floor much more interesting at that moment.

"I know, I just thought you would get it earlier."

Libra smiled and put a hoof on Midnight's shoulder.

"That's because I did. Library's closed though so I'm not getting it."

"Oh come on!"

"Look Midnight, This is a whole two days that neither Twilight Sparkle nor Rainbow Dash will be in here constantly reading. I need this vacation. Now run along, Pinkie Pie should be here soon."

Midnight stood there as he remembered their babysitter.

Oh yeah, I hope auntie Pinkie brought-

"Midnight! "

Before Midnight could even turn around two pink hooves wrapped around him.

"Auntie!"

The pink earth pony stood on two legs as she squeezed the colt close to her.

She finally let go and Midnight fell to the ground in a heap.

"Come on we are going to sneak hug Amethyst."

Midnight smiled and followed Pinkie outside the library. He knew that Amethyst hated hugs, it was fun to pester her with them.

"Hey, where's Bright Skies?"

"She went to the garden to see if Twilight planted any new flowers. Now it's my turn to ask a question. Where is Amethyst?"

"Taking a shower would be my best guess."

"Mom!"

Midnight was barely able to turn around before a pink flask hit Pinkie Pie.

"Mom, mom, mom! They planted the Bunny Rose!"

A filly stood atop of pinkie. Her coat was hot pink while her mane was a faded pink with a yellow tint. Her wings folded snug against her body.

Pinkie jumped into the air.

"Bunny Roses!"

She started to gallop out of the room. Midnight looked at the filly next to him, bangs falling over her eyes.

"Hi Bright."

"Oh... Hi Midnight...Where's Amethyst?"

"I will tell you if you tell me why Pinkie just galloped out of the room."

Bright Skies looked over to midnight with her bangs falling over one eye.

"Because my mother...Fluttershy, loves Bunny Roses"

Amethyst popped up behind Midnight.

"Hey!"

Midnight fell over in shock, while Bright didn't even blink.

"Don't do that!"

Amethyst flicked Midnight's nose.

"Do what?"

Bright Skies looked at Amethyst and then looked down, a blush running across her face.

“…Hi... Amethyst."

"Bright!"

Amethyst ran over to Bright Skies and hugged her, causing her to squeak.

Amethyst let go of Bright, confusion playing across her face.

“Wait, did- did you just squeak?"

"Uhh... maybe?"

Amethyst started to laugh, tears coming to her eyes.

"Hahaha, who in the world squeaks?"

Pinkie Jumped from behind Midnight.

"Brighty is a squeaker, and so is Flutters!"

If Amethyst could have jumped out of her skin, now would have been the time.

"Oh Celestia!"

Pinkie smiled and patted Amethyst on the head.

"Who wants lunch?"

"I just got up."

"You got up two hours ago Amethyst."

“I- Shut up.” Amethyst defensively snapped.

As the other ponies started to walk toward the hallway, Amethyst stopped Pinkie.

"Why did my parents have to go see Celestia?"

"Oh that's simple! It's because Twili- wait a minute, I'm not supposed to say that."

"What? You can't just quit midsentence!"

"Hey, I made a Pinkie promise. If I break this I might lose Twi's friendship FOREVER. Also I would have to stick a cupcake in my eye, and let me level something with you, that hurts."

"Uh huh, right."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie started to hop into the kitchen, where the other children were. Amethyst started behind her with a pout running across her face.

"Cupcake bullsh-"

Quickly Pinkie brought muffins in front of Amethyst and the other ponies.

"Muffins are done!"

Amethyst had a blank expression on before confusion took over.

"Wait... wha-...how?"

Midnight pushed her to the side.

"Aww sweet, muffins!"

"Hey don't push me!"

"Or what, you'll torture me with bad pop-culture?"

"That... that doesn't even make sense!"

Bright Skies stood between them, her face looking from Midnight to Amethyst.

"I...I don't know what's happening."

Pinkie slowly came up to her and poked her face with a muffin. After the third poke Bright finally took it.

"Sometimes they confuse me too Bright. One minute they will be arguing and the other they will be joking around."

Bright turned looked back at Amethyst and Midnight, who were still arguing.

"Oh, come on Midnight! At least I didn't interrogate a pedestrian."

"We were lost! All I did was ask for some directions, and it wasn't interrogation until you threatened to blow him up with some spell!"

"And I would have!"

"No, you wouldn't you don't know anything except how to levitate a bucket of water!"

Amethyst looked to the ground. Bright Skies looked towards her.

"Amethyst? Are you-"

Before she could finish her sentence Amethyst seemed to perk up with a new energy.

"Wanna bet?"

Midnight looked at Amethyst quizzically.

"What? What are you planning?"

"Mostly your demise, but if I could get a few bits out of it that would be great."

"Ugh, Whatever Am', do what you will."

Amethyst ran out of the kitchen. Pinkie looked over to Midnight.

"What just happened?"

"Didn't you hear? Amethyst is doing something stupid...again."

"I actually didn't hear anything. I went to see if the guards blink like 3 minutes ago, I thought they didn’t blink at all like snakes, wouldn’t that be just amazing? Never having to miss those precious moments when you blink, that’s when they strike, that’s why I can keep my eyes open for so long, I trained myself. But they blinked after a while, which totally ruined the image of a giant snake overlord controlling all the guards with telepathy. So I came back."

Midnight slammed his head against the table.

"Am I the only normal one here?"

Bright patted him on the shoulder.

"No, but you are the only straight one."

Midnight's ears immediately perked up followed by his head. Bright Skies wanted to hide and never come out again.

Did I just say that out loud?

Midnight was still staring at her.

"Did you just say that you’re gay?"

Bright Skies checks felt as if they had burst into flames.

"NO! And I want to ummmm.... yeah I want to know where Amethyst went, BUT NOT FROM YOU!"

Bright stormed out of the room as she was yelling, her whole face resembling a rather cute, but embarrassed tomato.

Midnight's confused expression never left.

"Did you catch all of that Pinkie? …You’re not here are you?"

Midnight turned around to see that he was the only one in the kitchen. Laying his head back onto the table he sighed.

"Of course."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amethyst ran down a long hallway leading to two large corridor doors. She started to push against one of the enormous doors. The door slowly creaked open, and she peeked in to see if there was anypony inside.

"Okay, coast is clear. Just a little farther."

Amethyst smiled to herself as she entered the room. The room was long with 12 windows on each side. A purple carpet with rainbow trimmings was the centrepiece of a long hallway, with two thrones at the far end of the room. Amethyst took her time walking down to the thrones, but walked past the right throne. Behind the throne was a small extension of the wall covering another door. Amethyst quickly opened the door and entered into a staircase.

"This will be a cinch."

A huge smile ran across her face as she started up the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bright ran out of the kitchen and didn't stop until what seemed like hours passed. Panting she looked down one side of a hallway to the other.

Uhhhh... How many turns did I make?

Steadily she started to walk down the hallway.

"He- Hello? Is anyone here?"

Footsteps started to reverberate throughout the hallway. Bright stopped walking and looked at her hooves. The echo of new footsteps still ran down the hallway. Bright backed away from where the sound seemed to be originating.

"Bright!"

The mysterious voice seemed to be right behind her. Bright's wings shot from her sides as she flew at breakneck speeds in the opposite direction. The voice seemed to shout after her but Bright ignored them as she flew screaming down the hallway.

"Okay, coast is clear. Just a little farther."

Bright came to a corner leading to another hallway. She peeked her head around the corner to see a filly entering a through a shallowly opened door.

Is that Amethyst?

Bright flew over to the door, and squeezed through the small crack left opened. As soon as Bright squeezed into the room she saw Amethyst walking down the carpeted path. Amethyst smiled as she walked down looking all around the room, a few giggles escaped as Amethyst seemed to be lost in her own world. Bright found herself smiling as Amethyst made her way down to the end of the room.

What are you doing Am'?

Amethyst walked past a small covered area.

Wait...What are you doing?

Bright walked towards the covered area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight was alone in the kitchen. He leaned back in his chair and balanced a muffin on his snout.

I should probably try and cool everyone down a bit.

Walking out of the kitchen, he looked for the main foyer. Upon reaching it, he found a guard stood next to the door that lead outside. Midnight approached him.

"Have you seen a very angry or narcissistic pony come through here?"

"I can only assume you are talking of your friend and sister. No, I haven't seen either of them."

Midnight turned away.

"Oh, well thank you anyways."

Where would you go Bright...Am' you would go to Amethyst. Ugh whatever, now where would you go Am'? Our room? No, you are going to try and win some stupid bet you made to yourself....Where would you go to help yourself in magic. Sage room... no you wouldn't think of that... Maybe the library?

Midnight started down the most familiar path to the library that he knew. Half way down the set path a pegasus flew right past Midnight, but stopped half way down the hallway. Quickly he recognized that the pegasus was Bright.

"Bright!"

Bright seemed to jump eight feet in the air before running in the opposite direction a Midnight.

"No, Bright it's me. Midnight. Bright? Bright? Bright!"

Oh, come on. I should follow her but at a distance that she is less likely to trample me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amethyst climbed a circular staircase which seemed to take hours, finally leading to a large room filled with books.

"Okay I know that it is in here somewhere."

After a little while of looking Amethyst sat on the ground and looked at the large collection of books she had gathered.

"Oh man, this is going to take forever!"

"Umm.... I could help."

Amethyst turned around to see Bright at the doorway leading into the room.

"Bright! Di- did you follow me? ...Wait I don't care, I would like your help however."

"Uhhh o-okay."

Amethyst pushed half of her pile to Bright.

"Okay look for a book that has strong spells in it."

After a few minutes Amethyst held up a book.

"Aha! This is the winner. Okay Bright just sit down and hold any page open."

A slip of paper fell out of the binding of the book. Amethyst looked at it.

Rainbow,

Last night was great. I never thought in my life that we could find somewhere so...so beautiful. I was thinking abo-

Amethyst quickly replaced the paper in the book.

"Nope, not going to read any more of that."

Amethyst turned to another page and gazed through the book.

"Could you hold this page, and specifically this page, open?"

"O-Okay."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight had almost finished up the stairs before a light started to shine from the top.

What the-

"Okay Bright just, just hold still."

"I will Am'. I trust you, but that does look pretty hard."

"Well I guess it's good that you trust me right?"

Midnight slowly started up the stairs until he heard Amethyst start to grunt followed by a few gasps from Bright.

Midnight stopped dead in his tracts.

Okay...They aren't doing anything… just... playing... Yeah, playing… What I am saying is that if I put together what happened today, it is safe to assume- NO! Don't think like that. Just check on them, knock on the door or call their names.

"Uhhh Amethyst, Bright? Are you uhhh okay?"

A harsh whisper followed his inquiry.

"Amethyst stop! Midnight can hear us. "

"Oh uhh, I would, but I can't I-I'm already too far in."

Midnight froze, each and every limb felt numb all of a sudden.

"But isn't there some way to you know...let it go?"

"I'm sorry have you done this before because it is my first time."

Midnight somehow shook off his paralysis and started up the last few stairs.

"I'm coming up."

When he took a step both Amethyst and Bright screamed.

"No!"

A bright flash engulfed the room and Midnight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amethyst felt her vision start to return. She looked around to see neither Bright nor Midnight anywhere near her.

"Ugh...Where am I?"

A sign that said library pointed towards a tree house in front of her.

"I guess I better figure out."

When Amethyst stood up she noticed the book she had chosen was next to her.

"Right, you my friend, are coming with me."

Author's Note:

Okay I'm a little late on the update but oh well. I had a couple people pm me and now Bright Skies is in the story. I'm still not quite sure on why I made her a lesbian... Maybe stories are just better with lesbians?
Enjoy the story!