• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 1,292 Views, 23 Comments

Midnight Amethyst - kioraid



A certain filly and colt get into a argument that results in a unexpected turn of events forming new bonds with their parents Twilight and Rainbow

  • ...
5
 23
 1,292

Chapter 1: New beginnings


A gleaming moon rose just at the midpoint of the sky. The Moon graciously shined down a light over a certain garden. A castle rose above it all towering over the garden in a brilliant design.

“Midnight, Amethyst? You both need to come in, Twilight is looking for you.”

A slender looking mare stood in the garden with a rainbow mane. She looked as if royalty just came to her naturally.

A young filly came trotting up to the regal mare.

“Mother, I don’t know where Midnight is.”

The filly had a purple tinted coat with light blue mane. She had very calm features with only one exception, a rainbow streak shot out in the front of her mane.

The regal mare looked dead at one tree.

“Midnight! Come out now! Twilight and I are about to leave for Canterlot.”

A colt, seemingly just a bit older than the filly poked his head from around the tree. His coat was black with a mane of tussled deep purple hair. However his eyes shined brightly with magenta.

“Try and see if you can catch me, then I will go with you.”

The cyan blue mare started walking towards the tree.

“You realize that you just gave away where you are hiding, right?”

The colt’s facial expression dropped.

“Dah, crap!”

The colt spread his wings, revealing that he was a pegasus.

Just as he got ten feet away, the regal mare spread her wings and dashed after him.

Immediately she caught him.

“Amethyst now!”

The rainbow Pegasus had enough time to look up before a bucket of water fell on her.

The colt and filly immediately started to giggle.

The now drenched mare looked at the two children, and joined in the laughter.

“You know I can’t let you two get away with this, right?”

Both of the little ponies froze. The rainbow Pegasus still smiled however.

“Come over here Amethyst.”

The filly took a slow walk towards the others.

The Pegasus put a hoof right on the rainbow streak on her head. She moved her hoof pushing away some of the hair revealing a unicorn horn.

“I thought you didn’t know how use that.”

The little filly looked up.

“I just learned today! Midnight said we should prank you with it.”

The colt pushed the filly

“No I didn’t!”

The older Pegasus leaned in.

“You know what that magic isn’t going to help you against? “

The young ponies both froze and their eyes lit up, for they both knew what was coming.

“Tickle fight!”

Both ponies tried to dart away from the Pegasus, but were caught quickly by two hoofs.

The Pegasus started to nuzzle the ponies with her muzzle.

The laughter soon insinuated.

“Tee hee, stop!”

Amethyst was able to escape from the hold. Out of breath she quickly jumped right at the pegasus and rubbed right under her left wing.

“Ppppppfffff hahahaha!”

The pegasus fell on the floor letting go of Midnight. Amethyst continued her tickle assault on the older mare, with Midnight joining in.

“Okay! Okay! You guys win!”

Amethyst and Midnight climbed off of her. Slowly regaining her breath the pegasus stayed on the grass.

From the castle a guard stepped out. He approached the mare on the floor.

“Madam, Princess Twilight has sent for you.”

“Oh, I completely forgot about that! Midnight, Amethyst, you two go on ahead on me.”

Midnight pouted.

”Why are we heading on without you?”

The mare picked herself from the floor.

“Because I am going to pick Twilight out a book.”

Amethyst was already by the entrance to the castle.

“Come on Midnight. We don’t want to be in trouble.”

The colt turned and flew towards Amethyst. As soon as he got to the entrance he turned to the mare in the court yard.

“We will see you in a little bit, right mom?”

She smiled back.

“Of course you will.”

The colt smiled and went inside with Amethyst.

Inside the entrance was a long hallway leading towards a wider room. Midnight smiled towards Amethyst.

“Hey we should race. I won’t use my wings.”

Amethyst didn’t bother to even turn her head.

“Why would I want to race you if there is nothing in it for me?

“Well… umm for fun?”

Midnight turned his head just long enough to look back up, and see Amethyst halfway down the hall.

“What? Amethyst, that’s cheating!”

Faintly a voice returned.

“When have I ever declined a race!?”

Midnight immediately started after her. The ponies raced down the hallway almost running over a guard.

They were neck and neck until the end where they each reached a large corridor with a formidable door in front of them.

Amethyst came to a halt.

“Hey Midnight.”

“Wha-“

As soon as the colt turned his head, he ran face first into the large door.

“You won.”

Amethyst came to the large door and did a six knock sequence. The door swung open after it was enveloped in a purple hue. A slender lavender unicorn stood near the center of room. A panicked expression enveloped her face, but a crown rested on the top of her head.

“Oh good, Midnight, Amethyst, you’re here.”

Her face went from panicked to happy into frustrated.

“And you’re covered in grass and soaking wet.”

The little ponies looked at themselves. Just like Twilight had said they were covered in grass and soaking wet.

Twilight rolled her eyes.

“This has to be the work of-“

Before she could finish the door flew open again. The cyan pegasus from the garden came through. Her rainbow mane was dripping wet and had a twig tangled in it, a small bag hanging from her back.

Twilight smiled slightly, breathing out the next word.

“Rainbow.”

Rainbow came over and pulled a book from her bag.

“I thought we could read this.”

Twilight looked at the three ponies in her throne room, all soaking wet.

“Nice example you’re setting for children.”

Twilight went over to Rainbow and kissed her, Rainbow blushed after the kiss.

“Hey beautiful.”

Twilight turned towards Midnight and Amethyst.

“As for you two, shouldn’t you think that it was a bad idea to prank Rainbow before we left?”

Midnight’s eyes widened.

“How do you know we did that?”

Twilight nuzzled the small pegasus.

“Because I am your mother, and mothers know everything.”

Rainbow flew right over Twilight.

“Yeah!”

“Rainbow, you’re getting me wet!”

Rainbow backed up a little but leaned in to whisper in Twilight’s ear.

“Aww but that’s not supposed to happen until tonight!”

Twilight’s eyes shot open.

“RAINBOW!”

Amethyst leaned towards Midnight.

“What are they talking about?”

“Isn’t it obvious? They get to go swimming in Canterlot without us! That is so unfair.”

Amethyst backed away and threw herself on Twilight.

“Come on, let us go too!”

“No sweetie, Rainbow and I have to go and see Celestia privately. Don’t worry though, I asked Pinkie Pie to come babysit you and your brother.”

Midnight shot up.

“Auntie Pinkie is coming!”

Amethyst sighed and backed away from Twilight. Pinkie Pie was great and everything, but her parents left almost every week for some assignment Celestia asked them to do.

“Mom, do you have to go?”

“Yes, I am afraid me and Rainbow are needed in Canterlot.”

Rainbow flew over to where Twilight and Amethyst were.

“Twi’ you go on ahead to the carriage. I will put Amethyst and Midnight to bed.”

“Okay, I will see you in a bit.”

Rainbow picked up Amethyst and Midnight.

“Okay kids, you ready for something awesome?”

Both Midnight and Amethyst giggled. They knew that whenever Rainbow put them to bed they would take a high-speed lap around the castle. Twilight absolutely hated that Rainbow would do it and would fret about getting the kids ‘hyped up’.

Rainbow started to fly down the hallway at least three times the speed that the children experienced on their race up it, all the way down the hallway slowly increasing speed until they reached the door leading to the garden area.

“Okay kids hold on tight.”

Rainbow slowed down, did a 360° turn and kicked the door open almost giving the guard next to it a heart attack. She flew outside and did a roll upwards until her rainbow mane created an afterimage.

She looked down onto Midnight and Amethyst smiling faces.

“Okay, we are going to do a sonic rainboom.”

Midnight’s face displayed extreme excitement, Amethyst’s face however, decided on fear.

“Now mom, do you really think we are ready for this?”

Midnight quickly interjected.

“I am!”

Amethyst shot him a look of almost complete distain.

“Mom, you have never done it before with us-“

Rainbow nudged Amethyst and smiled at her lovingly.

“I’m doing it anyway.”

Rainbow took a quick turn around until they were facing towards Equestria.

Amethyst looked and saw how the clouds were under them.

Fear shivered up her spine.

“Mom, no! No, no, no, no, no. NO!”

They quickly picked up speed until Amethyst’s screams could barely be heard over the wind. A cone of compression started to surround them, slowly getting tighter until it felt as if they had escaped a rapidly shrinking hallway. Amethyst couldn’t even open her eyes, and she didn't want to. The sound of the wind and Midnight’s laughter filled her ears until Rainbow’s voice broke through.

“Look behind us Amethyst.”

Amethyst opened her eyes when she turned around and didn't feel the wind assaulting her eye lids.

“Whoa.”

She looked behind and the color of Rainbow’s mane seemed to flow flawlessly from her to night sky.

Rainbow smiled at Amethyst.

“Look at your mane.”

Amethyst’s eyes moved until she saw the top of her bangs. The one streak of rainbow in her hair flowed just like her mother’s did.

Twilight walked slowly towards the door leading outside to her carriage.

Come on Twilight; don’t feel so bad… but you do. The look on Amethyst face almost tore me to pieces! I’m sure that Rainbow is tucking them in right now.

Twilight opened a large door and was greeted by her royal guard waiting in the carriage.

“Okay, we need to wait on Rainbow. She is putting the children to be-“

A large boom shook the air and Twilight looked up to see a large Rainbow circle leading to…two rainbow streaks.

Rainbow, if you have Amethyst up there I am going to kill you!

“Please stay here I will be right back.”

Twilight immediately turned around and headed towards the castle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amethyst and Midnight burst through the door leading to their bedroom, behind them followed Rainbow Dash.

"Okay kids it's night-time for you two."

Midnight and Amethyst both frowned.

"Oh come on, Twilight is waiting on me. I have to leave."

Amethyst looked out the window and turned back to her mother.

"Okay leave...it's your grave."

"What?"

Rainbow walked over towards the window to see Twilight running towards the main gate of the castle.

"Or on second thought I could just hide" Midnight flew over to the closet and opened it up signalling for Rainbow to get in.

Only seconds passed before Twilight burst into the room.

"Hi, mom."

"Where is she?!?"

Amethyst simply shrugged at the comment. Twilight came to her bed and scooped Amethyst up in her hooves.

"Oh, sweetie are you alright? Do you want me to punish Rainbow? Oh I'm so sorry she did that to you, it must have been horrifying!"

"Actually, it was one of the most funnest things I've ever done!"

Twilight looked at her daughter's rapidly expanding smile, irrationally scared that if it got any wider it would go past the edges of her head.

"Funnest is not a word, darling."

Midnight raised a hoof from his bed.

"I had a lot of fun too. Also I wasn't scared."

Twilight looked over to Midnight.

"I knew you would enjoy it. Now I will ask one more time, where is your mother?

Rainbow opened the closet door and snuck up to Twilight.

"Boo."

Twilight jumped from the bed with her heart racing.

"Oh come on Twi' that wasn't scary in the slightest!"

A voice rang from the carriage outside.

"Twilight, Rainbow we need to leave!"

Rainbow and Twilight both took turns saying their goodbyes to their children savoring the moment best they could.

"I love you."

Amethyst and Midnight both raised their heads, nuzzling their mothers as much as the time left allowed.

"We love you too mom, also you mom."

"Well I love all of you at least 20% more than you love me."

"Shut up Rainbow."

The carriage ride was along drawn out scene until Rainbow and Twilight reached the Train station.

As they walked onto a private train that awaited them, they headed towards the back.

In the back cabin there was a luxury suite with one bed. Twilight sat on it and sighed.

"I feel guilty about leaving the kids."

"Don't, there isn't much we can do."

Rainbow sat on the bed right behind Twilight and nibbled her ear a little.

"Now what about this punishing me you spoke of?"

Twilight turned around until she was face to face with Rainbow.

"Oh, I haven't forgotten."

She pushed on Rainbow until she was completely on top of her.

"You’re going to stay on you back with no resisting."

Rainbow let out a soft moan and nodded.