• Published 28th May 2013
  • 609 Views, 1 Comments

Falling Out - Deathpony45



What happens when two of the best friends in Equestria suddenly aren't anymore?

  • ...
 1
 609

The Fight

Falling Out Part 2

The Fight

Ponyville was, as usual, calm and peaceful. The birds chirped serenely as the ponies quietly went about their daily business.

Nothing seemed out of place. Nothing seemed wrong.

Rainbow Dash was napping on a cloud just a little ways away from Sweet Apple Acres. The sun was high in the sky, signaling noontime. A sudden breeze caught Dash's cloud moving it directly into the sunlight.

"GAH!" The cyan Pegasus exclaimed, expecting nothing about the sudden bright intrusion on her nap. She had forgotten how small her cloud was, as one roll to the left sent her plummeting straight to the ground. The sudden pick up in breeze and the sense of falling snapped Dash into full consciousness. "Oh, horseapples," she muttered, although she wasn't in any real danger. She did a quick barrel roll to right herself and flapped her wings twice to catch an updraft. She slowly glided down to Sweet Apple Acres. As she finally stuck the landing, she saw Applejack rounding the corner.

"Hey AJ," Dash said. "What's up?"

"Oh hey there, Rainbow!" Applejack said, returning Dash's smile. She was obviously very fatigued, but was happy to see Dash nonetheless. "What are you doing up so early in the afternoon?"

Rainbow shrugged and chuckled. "I kinda fell off a cloud I was napping on."

Applejack chuckled. "Yeah, well, it wouldn't be the first time would it?"

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah... so hey, you wanna hang out today?"

"Sorry, Rainbow, but I can't; ah've got work to do."

"What are you talking about? We already bucked pretty much the whole orchard yesterday. I think that deserves a few days' break."

"Of course you do." Applejack muttered. The condescension in the orange mare's tone did not escape the Pegasus it was a tone she had heard many times and one that was starting to make her mad.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rainbow inquired.

"Nothing, Rainbow." Applejack said in a voice that was anything but caring. "It's just that, unlike you, ah actually care about your job and be willing to put in the hard work to get it done."

Rainbow recoiled at Applejack's blunt rudeness. "Woah! that was a bit uncalled for, AJ."

Applejack simply shrugged and made a move to get around Rainbow Dash. Rainbow stepped in front of her, blocking her way and further frustrating Applejack.

"Rainbow, get outta mah way please,"

"Not until you apologize for calling me a lazy bum."

"And why should ah apologize for telling the truth?" That sent Rainbow over the edge,

"Excuse me you bitch, but just because I don't devote every second of my life to my work does not mean I don't do it." Rainbow's tone was quiet and threatening.

Applejack responded in kind. "No, but your constant ignoring it till the last second does."

"Well at least I can loosen up and have some fun every once in awhile instead of living for my work."

"You know, Rainbow, ah'm sure you can get real loose at parties."

"Oh yeah and what's that supposed to mean?" Rainbow glared at Applejack angrily.

"Ah think you know exactly what ah mean by that." Rainbow stomped her hoof into the ground,

"All right, that's it. I don't have to take your shit... you BITCH!" Rainbow screamed.

"THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

Rainbow Dash lunged at her "friend," ramming into her stomach and knocking Applejack's breath from her body. AJ grunted and slammed her front hooves on top of Dash's head knocking it into the ground. Dash yanked her head up and spit a large clump of dirt at the orange pony, hitting her square in the face. Applejack growled and charged at Rainbow, she turned around and bucked her back legs sending Dash flying into a tree. Dash climbed out of the whole she had made her face covered in pure rage.

Aj went for another buck but figured out quickly that she wasn't making any progress; her opponent was no longer on the ground.m, Dash flew straight up as high as she dared then angled herself directly at Applejack. Applejack closed her eyes and braced for impact...

But it never came. Rainbow opened her eyes to see lavender magic coating her tail, keeping her suspended mere inches from Applejack.

"Twilight," Dash exclaimed. "what the hay are you doing here?!"

The purple unicorn looked up at Dash. "I heard you two screaming at each other and ran here as fast as I could. I just can't bare the thought of you two fighting. For the love of Celestia, just stop."

"Okay, fine. Just as long as she apologizes for insulting me."

Applejack scoffed. "Ah don't see how telling the truth is insulting."

Dash struggled against Twilights magic. "Twilight let me down so I can knock some sense into the stupid hick!"

"No!" Twilight yelled, adamant in her stance on the matter. "I'm not letting either of you go until you apologize to each other."

"Ah'm not apologizing to that arrogant, lazy, selfish whore, Twilight."

"And I never wanna see that stuck up , bitchy, inbred hick either."

"Well then, it looks like we finally agree on something sugarcube."

"Maybe your not as dumb as you look after all, Applejack."

Applejack snarled at Dash. "Don't go pushing it, you hussy."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

And with that, Applejack stalked off.

"No, Applejack! Wait!" the magic holding Rainbow Dash's tail in place suddenly faded away, leaving Rainbow Dash again face down in the dirt.

"Oh my gosh, Rainbow Dash. I'm so sorry,"

"It doesn't hurt, Twilight, don't worry about it." Dash said, wiping the dust off her face. "I've finally had enough of her stupid 'look at me ah'm Applejack and I'm so much better than you' attitude,' it makes me sick, Twilight."

Twilight hoped against hope Dash didn't mean what she said. "You really can't stand her anymore, Dash?"

"I want nothing to do with her, Twilight," Dash said, getting in position to fly off. "Simple as that. See yah later, egghead."


With that, Rainbow shot off into the sky, leaving Twilight alone in the middle of Sweet Apple Acres to take in what just occurred.

"This is terrible..." was all Twilight could think to say. My two best friends...aren't friends anymore.

Author's Note:

Ugh finally. Sorry this chapter took so long to get out. I was finished writing it about a week ago and when I was trying to copy paste it to send to the editor I accidentally deleted half of it (insert face hoof here) but I got it done and out now so I hope it was worth the wait. (Also I threw a reference to a song in there somewhere so see if you can spot it) comments appreciated

Comments ( 1 )

It sucks that you don't have more comments :pinkiesad2:.

So far its pretty decent, although I think things escalated rather quickly. It went from buddy, buddy. To "F U you whorse!" in a single chapter, and AJ was a super B17ch, OMC she deserves to get bucked in the face for that one.

Login or register to comment