• Published 28th May 2013
  • 610 Views, 1 Comments

Falling Out - Deathpony45



What happens when two of the best friends in Equestria suddenly aren't anymore?

  • ...
 1
 610

The Calm Before the Storm

Falling Out

By: Deathpony45

Part 1

"Ca caw," a rooster crowed awakening Rainbow Dash from her comfortable sleep. She smiled thinking of her most recent dream. Like so many others it involved her becoming a Wonderbolt. She yawned and checked the time on her clock.

"WHAT!" She exclaimed looking at how early it was. "10:45 why would a normal pony gets up this early on a Saturday?" she turned back over in her bed an tried to go back to sleep. She failed miserably. Eventually she decided just to get up it was 11:15 now and she had a meeting with Applejack to get to. She flew to Sweet Apple Acres and arrived in 1 minute 45 seconds, a personal best, and trotted over to AJ who was facing away from her leaning on a tree.

"Sup AJ," Rainbow said,

"Wahhhh," Applejack exclaimed startled. She hasn't been expecting Rainbow Dash to be on time she was never on time. Rainbow Dash chuckled,

"Heh heh did I startle you AJ?" Rainbow asked.

"A little bit uh Rainbow are you ok today?" The orange earth pong asked.

"Yeah why?"

"Because yer on time."

"Just cause I'm lazy doesn't mean I'm never on time for stuff." Applejack gave Rainbow an incredulous look.

"Mmhm riiight, anyways yer probably wondering why I called y'all today."

"Maybe a little bit," Rainbow responded.

"We'll you see Big Macintosh hurt himself again an I was a wonderin if'n you'd be so kind as to help me, considering what happened last time."

Rainbow remembered that week quite well AJ had been a totally wreck.

"Sure AJ i'll help but hey maybe we should see if anypony else wants to help."

"Twilights studying, Fluttershy's taking care of Angel, Rarity's on vacation not that shed be much help anyway and Pinkie Pie is planning a party for some new pony in town."

"Heh so it's just you and me the apple and the dash left to conquer an entire apple orchard alone with no help from anypony else."

"Uh yeah sugarcube what ever floats your boat." The two friends began apple bucking I the west field.

"You know we should do stuff like this with our friends more, just hang out and have fun instead of always having some kind of problem to solve or have the fate of Equestria in out hooves." Rainbow said while bucking a tree.

"We'll that's a mighty good idea Rainbow. But unfortunately that's probably never going to happen." Applejack responded. "A pony can dream can't they." Rainbow said in a somber tone and went back to bucking. They had a late lunch around 3 o clock.

"Wo AJ this cider is awesome, as usual."

"Uh isn't that the second glass y'all got?"

"Well technically yeah but its still really good."

"Thanks Dash." Applejack replied rolling her eyes. Rainbow wondered what was up with that but just shrugged it off. They bucked for a couple more hours with the occasional break.

"I can't believe y'all didn't take one nap this whole time." Applejack commented at the end of their hard days work.

"I was seeing if it was actually possible for a pony as awesome as me to do work without a nap." Rainbow said jokingly. She had become much more modest over the years they ha been friends and while still cocky she wouldn't take it to an extreme. Applejack again rolled her eyes,

"Oh yes your all mighty flight master you truly are amazin'." Applejacks sarcastic remark caught Rainbow slightly off guard. Applejack let out a chortle an she figured she had just imagined it.

"Oh well see you tomorrow AJ."

"Naw you don have o come again Rainbow plus we got more done today than we usually get done in three." They surveyed Sweet Apple Acres to find that they had bucked almost half of the farm in one day.

"Wow!" Rainbow said. "That was a lot of work."

"Yup," Applejack replied. "We'll ah guess ill be seeing you later Dash."

"Catch you on the flip side AJ." Rainbow said an then sped off to her home in the clouds. Rainbow had a great day just hanging out with AJ an had gotten a good workout bucking trees all afternoon. She was going to be sore in the morning. But that was a problem she'd deal with later. In the ground Applejack sighed to herself.

"Well that was an extremely hard day of work maybe ill take tomorrow of, me and Dash did get most of the farm bucked today I reckon we deserve a break for a little bit.

The next day Rainbow Dash woke up more on time considering it was noon.

"Today is going to be a good day," Rainbow Dash hopped out of bed and cringed.

"Oh wow a lot more sore than I had thought." Rainbow walked I her kitchen and placed and ice pack on her aching joints.

"That was some hard work yesterday I'm sure glad I don't have to do anymore." After a brief rest an after her joints had cooled off, Rainbow flew outside looking for something to do. She saw Applejack walking around and decided to go say hi. She swooped in beside the orange earth pony and startled her.

"Hey AJ, what's up?" Rainbow asked.

"Nothin much just about to go to the store and buy some food."

"Why?"

"Apple Bloom cooked breakfast." Rainbow doubled over laughing,

"Oh I'm so sorry," she said in between chuckles. Applejack laughed,

"Yeah im just glad she didn't invite Sweetie Bell over or else i'd be getting milk too."

"Don't you have a cow?"

"Eeyup and last time Sweetie Belle was over she tried milking it. Poor little cow got scared outta her mind and wouldn't give out any milk for a week" The two friends shared a laugh, one good long laugh. It would be the last they shared for a long time.