• Published 11th Feb 2012
  • 2,220 Views, 16 Comments

Trixie - Rising - Charade



Trixie's humiliation at the hooves of Twilight has only made her lust for greatness more powerful!

  • ...
8
 16
 2,220

Transformation

Wind blew and rustled the branches of the surrounding trees. The leaves covered the forest canopy so thickly that not even a spot of sunlight could reach the ground, even in mid day. Near the center of this dark, foreboding forest stood two ponies, Staring into an even darker cave.

The taller pony a velvet red unicorn with the cutiemark of bolted iron shield, and the smaller an azure blue unicorn with the cutiemark of wand casting a spell. "Trixie!" The taller one began to say, "Are you ready to prove your greatness? Are you ready you ready to earn the title of ''Great and Powerful'"?

The former show mare gave one slow nod and on that cue the taller pony chucked a small hunk of stone onto the the darkness of the cave. There was a 'smack' sound followed by a loud roar. Trixie lower her head but didn't flinch.

A huge creature emerged from the cave...a creature who was causally and brutally slung aside by Trixie's magic. She was not at all interested in fighting the Ursa minor she had to prove herself by beating the Ursa major.

After a few moments an absolutely MASSIVE creature erupted from the mouth of the cave letting out a monstrous roar. The Ursa major swung its deadly claws at the much smaller pony who didn't even blink. With a blip of blue light she was gone and the Ursa's mammoth paw left a small canyon in the earth where the unicorn had been standing just an instant before. The beast looked around in confusion, realizing too late that the small blue intruder was standing on her head.

Trixie's skin was already glowing a soft hue of red, the strength spell that Bane had taught her. She lifted her front hooves and slammed them down with all her might on the creatures head as she nimbly leaped off. The force of the impact caused the Ursa to face plant, leaving a crater the size of its head and about as deep.

The gigantic creature pulled itself back up, turning around with a mighty roar! It stomped its massive paw down at the tiny blue attacker only to get stuck frozen on the spot in a force field. Though it tried with all its might, the Ursa was simply no match for the young unicorn's improved
magic.

Trixie smirked and unleashed a wave of electricity though the beast. He smirk however, quickly turned into a frown when she saw exactly how much pain she was putting it through. She wasn't just hurting this creature...she was killing it. She tried to shut off the power to her horn but found it was very hard to control. She strained to shut off her own magic, only managing to do so just in time to avoid killing the Ursa.

A limp, unconscious, Ursa feel from the grip of the force field, smoke still streaming from it's wounds. It was hurt bad but...it would live...she hoped. Yes, she had finally validated her claims. That demon from her past was now laid to rest, not in a heroic battle defending the pony folk of an innocent town...no. In this version of the story she was the monster invading an otherwise peaceful home.

Everything was now taken care of. Now it was time to confront Twilight, she WOULD redeem her honer. The young pony looked up at Bane, "Trixie is ready, on to Ponyville! Trixie will show Twilight why Trixie is called great and powerful."

**----------**

Once in Ponyville the two of them marched strait to Twilight's library. Trixie flung the door open. "Twilight!" The purple pony turned around, immediately struck by a look of confusion.

"Oh um hi Trixie, I haven't seen you in a while...eh can I help you?" She said before shifting her gaze to look at her door, making sure they hadn't broken it just now.

Trixie immediately pinned Twilight against the wall. "Yes you can! You have something that belongs to Trixie!" Twilight struggled against the blue mare's magic, utterly confused and frightened. "You have stolen Trixie's honer! Now Trixie will steal it back!"

"Trixie, I know your upset, listen Trixie...I'm sorry, ok? Look, I cheated to win hat contest, you were the best all along!" Upon finishing that confession Twilight fell to the floor as Trixie had released her grip.

"You, You cheated? Really Trixie won? Trixie is still and has always been the best?"

Finally bane spoke up, "Trixie, you fool! Don't fall for this, He's just making a pathetic attempt to prevent you from for filling you destiny!"

Trixie blinked "He?"

Twilight cut her off, "And what destiny is that? To have your daughter carry out your revenge for you because you're not strong enough to do it yourself?"

Bane stomped his hoof, "Enough of this silly dress up game, boy!" The unicorn used his crimson magic to slam 'Twilight' hard against the ground, breaking the illusion spell.

Trixie had to double take "A-Alex!? Why!?"

Her older brother pulled himself up and this time, switching to his normal voice answered, "I'm sorry, Trixie I was just trying to calm you down. I figured if I could convince you that you had actually won..."

"If you could LIE to me, mean!?"

Alex continued anyway, "Yes, that if I lied to you you would reconsider going to fight Celestia just because our father can't handle grief!"

"Look boy, Celestia killed your mother! Should she just go unpunished because she's an Alicorn!?" Bane said stepping closer.

"Dad....I loved her just as much as you did but this is-"

Enraged, Bane slung the adolescent grey pony clean trough the wall of Twilight's house. "You can never understand how much I loved her! Celestia may think she's above the law...she may /think/ shes some kind of untouchable goddess, but we'll make her pay!"

Trixie moved to help her bother to his hooves only to be interrupted by an order from Bane. "We're wasting time here, lets go!"

With that the two much more powerful unicorns vanished leaving their son and brother sprawled out on a heap of wood and books that used to be Twilight's wall. "Trixie...Oh Celestia please don't kill her." He whispered the words barley able to speak without crying.

**----------**

Bane and his pupil appeared at the gates of the Canterlot royal palace where Celestia, Luna and the royal guard were already waiting for them. Obviously his worthless son had warned the bitch.

Standing in front of the royal guard was a young white, blue maned, unicorn. "Former general Bane! You are not welcome here, leave now!"

The red stallion smiled. He was easily several times more powerful than this pony who was apparently the new captain of the royal guard. "How is it you can protect a Princess to uphold the law, when the princess herself is guilty of murder? Is everypony afraid to bring down the hoof of justice on an alicorn?"

"How dare you speak these lies about Celestia! I've had enough of your treason! Take him away!" At Shining Armor's command a squad of elite pegasi all in gilded royal mithral armor approached Bane. A blinding pulse of light from Trixie, however, sent them all flying like popcorn.

The remaining royal guard seem to just now notice the smaller unicorn standing with their former general. "Celestia!" Trixie shouted. "Why!? Why did you kill my mother!? Trixie had to grow up with no parents because of you! Trixie has had to sleep in the streets so many nights as a filly... because YOU killed my mom!"

Shining armor was just about fed up with this. "I Hate to break it to you, filly, but your daddy is a lair-"

"No." Luna boomed in the royal Canterlot voice. "That much is true, my sister is indeed responsible for Roxanne's death. Against my sister's wishes I have shown Trixie the events of that night."

Shining armor's eyes shifted from Luna, to Bane, and back to Celestia. "P-princess?

She nodded. "Its true, I killed Roxanne. It was not intentional but it was entirely my fault. Please believe me when I say I had good reason but no pony must know the secrets of the past. These things are better left forgotten."

Shining Armor turned back to Bane. "It is not my place to judge the Princess, only to protect her! Every pony ready?"

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...." Bane laughed hysterically. "You underestimate how much thought I've put into this, haven't you?" He cleared his throat, "Ahem, ABOUT FACE!" His sudden and unexpected order rang out over the crowed, and while many of the guards simply looked at one another in bewilderment, about one third of them abruptly turned around and backed up. They closed in to protect the much more powerful former general.

Shining couldn't believe his eyes. This was absolutely appalling! "T-Traitors!" He howled in rage before rearing up and letting out an uncharacteristic whiny. "Everypony, attack!"

"NO!" The sun princess boomed in her mighty Canterlot voice. "Bane only wants to fight me." She gracefully drifted down to face the crimson invader. "Everypony leave, now." She ordered flatly.

Bane motioned to his own guards. "Do as she says, this is between me and her!"

Suddenly a blue beam blasted a hole clean though the palace wall. "Hello!? Remember me? Trixie!?" She snorted, and scrapped her hoof at the ground. "Where the buck is Twilight!?"

"Its ok, Trixie. I'm here. The purple pony said stepping forward." Her older brother seemed to want to interject but she just winked at him. "Don't worry, shining I'll be fine."

"Trixie will see about that, Twilight! Trixie will hurt you as badly as you have hurt Trixie's pride!"

"Shining armor! You and Luna should put up a shield around the four of us, so that nopony else gets hurt in our fight."

"You got it, sis!" A Pink bubble of energy form around the area of the palace, Enough room for the for of them to fight but also closing out every other pony.

After a brief nod from Celestia, Luna also lent her power to the shield.

**----------**

Trixie made no effort to suppress the huge grin on her face, She would finally prove herself greater than Twilight. The instant the shields were up she propelled herself forward to tackle her purple foe with a super charged leap.

Twilight bliped away just in time not to be trampled by the blue mare's unnatural, magically enhanced strength. "Why do you care so much about beating me, Trixie? Why is this so important to you?"

"Hnnng Shut up!" On that last word she unleashed a powerful beam which Twilight put up a bubble to block. Still continuously firing Trixie explained. "You don't know what its like to grow up on the streets! No friends, no family NO FAIR CHANCES! Being the best is all I have and I had to work hard for it!!!" The power of her beam intensified. "I'll be damned if some pampered palace pony who's had everything handed to her is going to take that away from me!!" Twilight was now visibly struggling to hold back Trixie's on going attack.

**----------**

Twilight felt her knees buckle against the strain of holding back the vengeful blue pony's attack. She managed to muster up enough spare energy to port away to just behind Trixie, but as she was about to attack her target vanished. Faster than she could even comprehend, Trixie's hind legs bashed the purple mare square in the ribs, quite literally knocking the wind out of her.

This was hopeless! She was no match, Trixie was superior in every regard! Whatever training this Bane character had given her, it put the blue mare in a class of her own. She pushed herself up and suddenly noticed that Trixie had taken her attention off their battle and was looking strait up. "what could she be..."

A second later Twilight got her answer as a small hole opened up in the large dome shaped barrier they were fighting in. A rainbow colored streak slammed down with such force as if it were fired from a cannon.

The the magically enclosed area filled with plums of smoke, all random colors. When the smoke cleared an incredible sight was reveled. Rainbow Dash was flying strait down into Trixie, who was intern holding Dash back whit her magic. A rainbow stream of energy still poring from her tail as her wings flapped faster than a humming bird's, propelling her head first into the seemingly immovable object that was Trixie.

The pegasus pony's momentum seemed to be weakening. It wasn't long before Dash's energy was spent and Trixie was able to cast her aside. With both Rainbow Dash and herself utterly defeated Trixie shifted her gaze upward.

Celestia had fared much better against Bane the she had against Trixie, Bane looked to be in worse shape than her. He was utterly pulverized.

**----------**

Trixie felt an anger well up with in her, looking up seeing her former princess looking down on her. The bitch still though she was better than her! Well NO PONY is better than the great and powerful Trixie!

"Trixie! You've beaten Twilight...I must admit I didn't see that coming. Are you satisfied now? You've proven yourself the most powerful unicorn in Equestria."

"Shut up you cocky bitch! Trixie will not be spoken down to like that! Trixie will show that she is superi--" She wasn't able to finish her deceleration. The cowardly princess had transported her away.

For any other pony the sight before her devastating. Any normal pony would be silenced at this point, but for Trixie this situation was merely a nuance. With the perpetually black sky and dead, rocky landscape she could see why such a prison would strike fear into the hearts of the less powerful. All the room in the world, but nowhere to go. Trixie laughed.

The mares horn glowed as she conjured up a spell. It shined brighter and brighter until her eyes and even her mane seems to be giving of a slight glow as well. With one final grunt of effort she zipped away in the longest teleport ever preformed by anypony.

Trixie was pleased to hear gasps of shock and amazement when she reappeared at the battle field. They continued when Trixie enveloped herself in a blue aura of magic and drifted into the air.

"You cannot be rid of the great and powerful Trixie so easily!" She bellowed with a force remarkably similar to the royal Canterlot voice.

**----------**

Celestia's mouth hung slack a few moments. It simply wasn't possible! That mare, young enough to be her great great grand daughter, had just defied her banishment as if she were a grounded filly sneaking out the window. "Im-impossible..." She watched as Trixie ascended to her eye level.

"Sorry!" Boomed Trixie, "But you will not be able to simply shrug off the GRRRRRREAT and powerful TRRRRRRIXE like you do with all your other problems!"

She was a queen, a goddess even! Yet here was this unicorn calling her out. This 'Trixie' wasn't even related to the royal family! How could she possibly be powerful enough to defy ancient laws and use the royal Canterlot voice!?

Now there was no choice left. Trixie was too dangerous and unpredictable. Bane had poisoned her mind, She would have to be killed for the safety of every other pony. Not to mention the fact that the princess was more than a little afraid of what Trixie might be capable of if she were to fight the blue mare with anything less than her best.

The much larger white Alicorn heaved herself higher with a mighty thrust of her wings and unleashed the most powerful beam of pure solar energy she could muster. Her attack would easily have enough power behind it to flatten a mountain and whip the Everfree forest clean off the map a hundred times over.

**----------**

Trixie summoned up all the energy she could and forced it into her hooves. She smiled wildly, taking the attack head on. Any normal pony, heck even Bane would likely be burned to ashes upon contact! But for her it only felt warm to the touch.

The power! It was unreal! She drew out more and more, using her bare hooves to effortlessly split the sun goddess's attack in half. Oh how satisfying was the look of frustration on her former princess's face right now!

A jagged wave of lightning exploded from Trixie's horn and completely engulfed Celestia. The blue mare licked her lips with a wicked grin of extacy as she watched the so called divine ruler of Equestria writhe in pain.

**----------**

Twilight looked on helplessly. There was nothing she could do, it was taking all her power just to hold the shield in place to contain the massive amounts of energy these two ponies were hurling at each other. From the looks of it, the same could be said for shining armor and Princes Luna.

"NO NO NO! THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN!" The purple mare nearly jumped out of her skin at Celestia's sudden outburst, the sun its self seemed to be flaring up wildly as the goddess began to lose her temper. "IMPOSSIBLE!!"

This was so unlike her mentor. Celestia was always calm, collective and in control. Something seemed to be wrong with Trixie as well. The way she was glowing seemed familiar... The unnatural flow of energy was almost like hers when she got her cutiemark. Only with Trixie the energy was multiplied more than a hundred fold!

**----------**

Trixie's wicked grin faded as a small pressure inside of her grew stronger, and stronger to the point where is was causing her pain. She tried to push her power back down but to her horror she found that, just like in the Ursa fight, she had lost control of her own power.

The mare's vicious lightning attack started to fray away from the princess and seem to be striking and whipping around the battle field at complete random. It was apparent that she had indeed lost control.

A violent aura of volatile magic completely overtook the former show mare. It felt like a thousand knives were trying to force their way out of every part of her body. Supernaturally bright light was emitting from her mouth and eyes. Small rips and tears formed all over her body emitting the same intensely bright light. She couldn't even move, let alone hold herself a float.

She barely acknowledged the sensation of falling, as the pain just overwhelmed all her senses. "HHHHH...HHHHHEEEE" It was hard to talk, she was in that much agony. "BANE.....HELP!" Her voice was a pathetic plea and sounded like a distant echo, which might have scared her if she didn't feel like her skin was on fire.

**----------**

Twilight looked on in horror. Beams of light were poring through tears in Trixie's skin. Her whole body was shaking violently. Bolts of energy sprang from her aura and struck the shield and ground at random. Even with Luna's help, Shining and the princess were having trouble keeping the battle contained.

Bane, who was still inside it, ran and knelt down beside her painfully dieing daughter. "No no no NO NOOOOO! Trixie TRIXIE! My daughter, my beautiful daughter!" He took an aggressive stance towards Celestia, didn't the fool learn anything? "YOU! YOU BITCH WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

The sun goddess angrily exploded back "SILENCE! THIS IS NOTHING I'VE DONE!" The sun once again visibly blazed at her anger. She seemed to calm herself a little, "You did this, Bane. You taught her how to push her power beyond the natural, genetically built in limits for a unicorn. Her body has been producing more magical energy that it can safely hold! "

Twilight knew what Celestia was talking about! Being a mare of practical thinking, she thought it could only be possible in theory, that no pony could push their magic so far. If the theory was correct, then Trixie was going to...to explode.

Celestia spoke again, this time in her normal voice. "I have decided...that there is only one thing I can do."

**----------**

Trixie could barley hear or see anything, but just before blacking out she faintly recognized the spell from her dream. The one that killed her mother. then- blackness.

Trixie finally pushed her eyes open. It felt like she'd been asleep for days. She stood up and immediately noticed two very odd things! The first being that her body had completely healed, and the second being that she was now staring at the ground from about three feet higher. As the rest of her senses came too she noticed she was inside Canterlot palace. More specifically in a very nice guest room.

"So your awake." she heard Celestia say. "Congratulations, you lived." The princess used her magic to conjure a huge mirror on the wall. Trixie stared at her reflection, jaw agape. Even she, 'The Great and all Powerful Trixie' never imagined she would ever be seeing what she was seeing right now! For in the mirror, there was her reflection...about three feet taller with a long sharp horn. A flowing, smoky and sparkling mane now graced her head and two long, perfect wings were folded at her sides.

"That's the spell that killed your mother," Celestia explained. "While Luna was banished to the moon my powers were taxed greatly by taking on the role of a second goddess. When we were invaded about ten years ago by a powerful army from the badlands...I couldn't do anything to help. Constantly bringing forth both day and night put too great of a strain on my powers to use them to protect my ponies. Your mother wanted to become an alicorn to help and relieve some of my burden...I advised her against it but she insisted...her life force...was not enough. She didn't have the power necessary to sustain an alicorn form."

"And I do....." Trixie sounded distant, lost in thought.

"Believe me this was not my intention, If I had left you, your unicorn body would have exploded. As much magical energy as you had pent up would have left Canterlot a smoldering crater, even if I'd of banished you to the moon you could very well have destroyed IT too. Either your magic would not be great enough to survive the transformation and you would die... or you would become an alicorn and be the very first pony to survive the spell. Either way it was the only thing I could think of to save Canterlot."

Celestia took a deep, exasperated breath before concluding, "You forced me to make a move I was wholeheartedly against, Trixie. In a way you became the single most powerful pony in the world...." Then finally she spat the last word, "Congratulations!"

Comments ( 5 )

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it.
Great story, though, I have to wonder what happens to Trixie now? Where is her brother? And how did Rainbow Dash get into that shield?

1438637
First, Thank you so much for reading though the whole story! This was really exiting to write and is my 'dream story' if you will! I really like characters who break the 'rules' of their world and ascend to a level that they are not meant to ascend to. Rather politically, physically, or socially!

I figure the best stories end with the reader wanting more. I tried to keep most of the story in third person, but a few parts, like in initial confrontation at the palace, were more omnipotent. For the most part, however, I tried to make it so you could only see one pony's thoughts and emotions at a time.

Rainbow Dash knows how she got in, but Trixie does not. Bane knows why Alex couldn't read the paper, but Alex did not. Perhaps I should produce a 'lost chapter' to explain these things? but idk. I really want to work on other things now.

There were some errors in the writing, but overall a good story. Thumbs up for ya. :twilightsmile:

Of course, Celestia neglects to mention her own hasty actions where she was willing to kill Trixie also sparked Trixie's transformation.

So what happens now? Does Trixie take over the world? Does she snap out of her power trip and goes on to coexist considering Celestia revealed the true reason of her mother's death and saved her life.

Login or register to comment