• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 6,185 Views, 168 Comments

Shisno Chronicles: Friendship is Magic - nightelf37



Basically, it's a 'retelling' of the popular "Friendship is Magic" TV series with an OC.

  • ...
61
 168
 6,185

PreviousChapters Next
(NOT) Sisterhooves Social

Special 5: The Covered-up Cross-World Incidents

In the dreamscape…

Chronicle stood in front of a recording camera.

"Greetings, 'readers'," he said. "My name is Timmy Timer, but in here I'm called Chronicle. So far, thanks to our Catalyst, now with a capital C which we should've done long ago, you've only seen two sides of me. One is my social side, where I can get along with others at least adequately. Another is my combat side, where I'm a serious fighter with varying levels of mercy.

"The other sides I don't show are my dark one, which I already dealt with before even entering Equestria Prime thanks to my father, and this one; my Field Operative side, where I deal with the stuff you're not supposed to see in the show. What are these stuff? You'll see them right now. But first, let me show you my Story Crew gadgets that I should not be using in the presence of my friends. Technically, that would count Surveillance, but that was outed thanks to Pinkie Pie."

Out of his "hammerspace" he revealed a small number of items, the first of which was a small disc shaped like his insignia. He brought that over to himself and in front of the camera.

"This is my communicator. While I can contact my family in the dreamscape, this is for when I have to talk to them while I'm still awake. While mental messages prompt me when to use it, I can't mental message anyone back, hence the communicator."

Chronicle floated the communicator away before bringing something else in view of the camera. It was a device similar in appearance to the communicator, only it was the size of a coaster, which was just s big as a pony's eye.

"This device, the Detainer, is used by Field Operatives like me to detain dangerous off-worlders, mainly Book Troop Field Operatives. But I've yet to face any since my arrival, so for now it remains unused. Well, against them, anyway. It morphs to whatever it needs to be to keep the prisoner from being a threat, like cuffs for a biped, magic nullifier for magic-users, a confined orb for size-shifters, and so on."

He then displayed a similarly-shaped item after moving the previous one out of the camera's view.

"This, the Sender, is for sending the above to Hadithi. It opens a portal that takes them there, where they'll be detained and dealt with, depending on what/who they are. I can also use these for peaceful purposes. Not all off-worlders have evil intents or even mean to be where they end up."

Next was what looked like a magician's wand, black with a white tip (not the ones with a star or anything at the end), between the two was an orange ring.

"This thing, the Off-World Detecting Wand, is for detecting off-worlders, living being or object, but I won't explain how it works mainly because I don't know either, only that it won't 'react' to me, being an off-worlder myself. It also provides the target's identity if they belong to a world the Story Crew covers, we aren't perfect after all. It also tells me in my head where I am if I end up in a different world, but its effectiveness varies. Sometimes it's such a whisper I can't hear it, sometimes it's loud and clear, and sometimes it says nothing at all."

Following was a clear sphere with the Story Crew emblem slowly spinning inside it. The emblem also served as a clock face, whose hands spun with the hour hand going as fast as the minute hand would, which in turn was going as fast as the second hand should, which in turn did not exist here.

"This is a Time Pocket. Time will seemingly stop outside the zone it creates, but in reality it just sends the zone to a previous period in time where there is no interference. Their effects last for 'as long as it needs to' I'm told, be it a couple of minutes, or as long as two hours. Once its effects expire, the inhabitants of the zone will be returned to the same time period as when they 'left'. Of course, that is unless they are teleported out by the Story Crew, which is the reason these things are used; to handle…severe scenarios. And in extreme cases, they can also serve as time-stop bombs. That's right; I have more than one of these, and they 'teleport' back to my hammerspace after expiry and recharge in half a day, not that I use them a lot."

And finally, he took out an item in the shape of a padlock. It was colored rust brown.

"And this is the MemLock. Sometimes I have to tell them the truth so that they'll let me do what I need to do or something. I activate this before telling, and it 'connects' itself to whoever the item's owner wishes to. This will lock those memories away so that they won't bring it up and act as if they never had the memory. Why this instead of outright memory-erasing? The Story Crew finds it too inhumane, and we've all seen how many times it has failed with enough willpower or the right triggers. This works on anybody, even "

He finally put everything away, back into "hammerspace".

"For everything else, I have to count on my own abilities, those that I have learned here, and on other members of the Story Crew after I've informed them. Now, these following events are not in chronological order, and can happen at any point between what you perceive as episodes. This is a totally different side of me, so try not to perceive me as 'OOC'."

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Event G-097246: Evacuating a Program

(Mid-Season 1)

Evening…

Chronicle was at the ground floor of Fluttershy's cottage, and was—with Angel—observing the little thing they had brought home from their…recent adventure. A miracle his father hasn't found out about it.

The…thing floating in front of them was a bluish-white polyhedral shape, appearing somewhat smaller than a human head, constantly shifting even at rest.

Angel's mistress was upstairs, already asleep. So were the rest of the animals, the nocturnal ones not getting themselves involved. The bunny was staring at the unicorn, wary of what he intends to do.

Chronicle had gone here after Twilight Sparkle sent her latest friendship report to Princess Celestia, which pertained to their adventure, which happened all because she experimented with a teleportation spell. They were supposed to end up at Sugarcube Corner, but landed in a world-in-a-world the Story Crew designated as "The Grid-L". Thankfully, even though they acquainted themselves with some of the natives, Twilight was able to get them back to Equestria Prime.

"Angel, can you keep this a secret from Fluttershy?"

The bunny gave a distrusting look. The thing, which was called Bit, answered in Angel's stead, stellating into an orange spiky thing for a moment. "No."

"If you don't remember, she, me, and my friends accidentally teleported to a different world altogether. When we got back, we accidentally took Bit with us."

"Yes," Bit confirmed, temporarily stellating into a blue 3-D rhombus.

"It can't survive here for long, so I'm going to find a way to take it someplace else where it can be safe. Bit is a foreign entity of this world. Who knows how long before the ambient magic in this one starts affecting it? I'm not sure if you can understand what I'm trying to say, Angel, but you cannot tell Fluttershy about this. I have to do this whether she likes it or not, and you won't stop me."

All of a sudden, Bit began to spazz about, turning into its "No" state multiple times.

"Uh oh. I feared this would happen." With that, he took out one of his coaster-sized SC gadgets (the Sender) and levitated it underneath Bit. "Codeword: Ghorofa."

All of a sudden, the coaster began to emit a light underneath Bit. It then engulfed the foreign entity before it faded, revealing that Bit was gone. Angel was flabbergasted at the sight, rubbing his eyes in a attempt to convince himself it wasn't real. He then proceeded to faint.

"…Okay." Oh good. Now all I'll have to deal with is him distrusting me for a while. He then took out his MemLock device from "hammerspace", which had been activated the moment he realized they had ended up in a different world. He then deactivated it, makig sure that his friends won't talk about their experiences in the Grid. Not in detail, at least. He would still have to contact the Story Crew to help fix up a few loose ends.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Three days after the defeat of Nightmare Moon, while Twilight was getting accustomed to her new home and her new friends, Chronicle was fulfilling a request from Pinkie Pie. He was supposed to acquire some kind of mushroom that only grows in the Everfree Forest. He was thankfully given a picture of it since while he has a very good memory when it comes to faces, the same didn't go for flora, fauna (subspecies), or fungi.

All of a sudden, there came a very loud explosion.

The earth shook around his hooves, the explosion only more than a meter in front of him. However, it wasn’t just any kind of explosion. It was a big purple puff of smoke and light, expanding out as it dissipated out into the air. Chronicle slowly moved towards ground zero cautiously, taking out his Off-World Detecting Wand and readying to cast a barrier spell.

Strange explosions sometimes heralded foreign entities, he was taught. He also noted the mushroom on the way was the item he was looking for. He could settle that later however. Still, he might forget about it, so he extracted it from the soil it came from and put it away in "hammerspace" before returning his attention to the explosion.

What he saw near the treeline was a sight to behold. There was still some purple smoke lingering around a certain point. The purple fog lifted slowly until… a stallion came into view.

The light yellow colored earth pony stallion with a spiky blond mane. He also wore some rather strange clothing; an orange and black jacket, with some swirly patches on the shoulder areas. A similar swirl served as his cutie mark, but there was a patch of orange imposed on it. And then there was his tail; it was akin to a fox's.

Chronicle could swear he was familiar. Not familiar as in a distant family member, but as in familiar like knowing certain "heroes" popular to the Story Crew. But before he could recall, the unconscious stallion mumbled. It was very weak but that meant one thing; he was alive.

Before Chronicle could even consider bringing him to Ponyville, he had to make certain of who he is. He 'waved' his Wand over to the unconscious stallion…and the wand beeped before saying, "Subject Identified. Name: Naruto Uzumaki." Chronicle tensed. "World: Konoha-17." He then gave a sigh of relief. Oh good. It's not the one from Prime. That would be a serious problem.

He procured the Sender, and placed it under the stallion. As he set it up , he took out his communicator and said, "Timer to Hadithi. We have a Cross Landing. Subject is not from a Prime world and has assumed a form native to Equestria. I'm Sending him over."

Just as he saw the unconscious pony open his eyes, Chronicle said, "Codeword: Ghorofa."

The Sender then began to emit a light underneath the stallion. As it slowly engulfed him, he mumbled, "Nani?"

Chronicle's knowledge in foreign language was rusty, so he didn't quite understand, but guessed "Naruto" was confused. But before he could even think of saying anything, the Sender did its job and the foreign stallion was gone.

Even with this problem dealt with, there was still the possibility that in another Equestria, another Naruto (but not the Prime one) has ended up in anoher Equestria, and the Field Operative there unfortunately didn't get there alone or somebody else arrived before him/her.

He shook his head of the idea. Nope. No use thinking about it.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

(Mid-Season 2)

Twilight and her friends were in the Book and Branches Library. The bookworm was explaining to her friends about a mass, long-range teleportation spell she learned about.

"Are you sure this will get us to Canterlot?" asked Rarity.

"I'm sure it will," said Twilight as she put down the book she was reading, which covered how the spell worked.

"I'm still a little nervous about this, Twi," Applejack voiced her doubts.

"Don't worry. I sent a letter to Princess Celestia about this. Should anything go wrong, she'll be on it."

"Sounds like fun!" said Pinkie as she bounced up and down. “Is anyone else excited?”

"Not me," said Chronicle. "Have you forgotten the last time you experimented on a teleportation spell? We ended up in the Equestria my sister was in. And it took us the better part of a week to get back." There were plenty of other experimental teleportation incidents that he 'covered' (and obviously didn't bring up) because they all led to worlds outside any Equestria.

"That's precisely why I already informed Princess Celestia about this. If anything should happen, she'll be there."

"I know that, but—" He was cut off with Twilight's horn glowing as she worked her magic. In a flash of light, the seven ponies were gone.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

When the flash was over, the first thing Chronicle felt was him slamming into the ground. And there was something on his back, so that part hurt more upon landing, nearly knocking him unconscious but thankfully not. However, he also heard splashes.

"Oww!" he exclaimed as he put a hoof to his head…only to feel the soft fingers of a hand (he's seen a minotaur before in his pre-Twilight Sparkle days). "What?!" He immediately got up and on his rump…and felt no tail under it. "Could this be…" He traced his hands on his shoulders and felt the strap of a bag. "Oh."

To avert awkward scenarios during a sudden transit between worlds with different sapient beings, every Field Operative has a little something implanted inside their body that transforms them so they would fit whatever world they end up in. Sometimes, it won't activate to also prevent a Field Op from having to explain to whatever friends they made why they transformed in the event they didn't too.

He has assumed the form of a human, and his "hammerspace pocket" has reverted into its "default" backpack form, hence the pain on his back.

Chronicle took a look at his surroundings and balked at the sight. There were pools everywhere. And bamboo poles were jutting out of many of them. His Off-World Detecting Wand told him his whereabouts. Area: Jusenkyo. World: Furinkan-36.

Oh, ████ me! he thought. If those splashes mean what I think it means, my friends have fallen into one of the pools. Question is, which pool?

He then heard the sound of beings surfacing from a pool close to him. Chronicle turned around to see— No, no, no! I am not a pervert! —six naked girls. His mind shut down for a while.

"Is everypony okay?" one of them said. She then attempted to exit the pool, only to fall down right in front of him. Not noticing him, she got up, then looked shocked upon seeing her hands. Judging from her hair, and the voice, it just had to be Twilight.

And the other girls had to be the rest of their friends. They had been cursed by one of the pools! Their screams knocked him to his senses and his Story Crew side immediately took over. Quickly, he stood up, turned around, took out his Time Pocket and activated it, creating a barrier that sealed off the cursed pools.

Amidst the screams of cries of certain missing wings/horns, confusion, and one case of curious fondling, he then took out his Communicator and said, "Story Command, this is Timmy Timer, Conte E-No. 1943667! I have six cases of Jusenkyo Pool Curses!" He soon heard them calling his name, and more confused questions, but he ignored them. "These six cases are all natives of Equestria Prime! Request for extraction immediately! I'm in World Furinkan-36!"

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

What happened next was completely classified in terms of details; the Story Crew's Extractors retrieved Chronicle and Equestria Prime's Bearers of Harmony, the latter put in stasis for a while as the Extractors debated with the Field Op on what to do. Extractors are operatives who are tasked in removing dangerous items and things of great use, as well as off-worlders who for some reason couldn't be pulled out with the Sender, and stray Field Operatives.

In the end, it's decided that their memories of that incident (including Chronicle's SC side) are permanently locked away with a coercion to never bring it up and to behave as if they never had it (memory erasing is against their ethics and is often less effective). A constructed memory would then be implanted in place of the events', telling them that they got transported into some horrible place and that some item Chronicle had found miraculously transported them back to the library.

As Princess Celestia is likely to figure that they've gone missing for a while, a similar memory would be implanted in her mind; she would 'remember' teleporting Twilight and company back home.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

In the Book and Branches Library…

Twilight and her friends were returned in the same general are in which they left. Bad news; Spike was around and he might've gotten "telefragged", good news; no such thing or "splinching" occurred.

"Whoa, what just happened?" Pinkie asked, her memories of the real events sealed away.

"What happened is that Twilight teleported us to an extremely dangerous dimension," Chronicle provided the cover story. "If it weren't for me stumbling upon that ██████, I don't think our minds would've been able to comprehend the horrors there by the time we were whisked back here." He then turned to face his charge, secretly tired of all the teleport mishaps. He wanted this to stop. "And can you Pinkie Swear to me this, Twilight?"

"What?" asked the magical prodigy.

"That you will no longer perform any more experimental teleportation spells without Princess Celestia's or Luna's permission and supervision. Improvements on the one we both have is all right. I can't take it anymore and I don't think the others can either. Please! Do you understand me?"

(A/N: And I'm gonna cut off from here. Sorry!)

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Event B-51410: Serendipitous Location of an Extraterrestrial Device

(After "Lesson Zero")

"Thank you again for coming with me on this venture."

"You're Story Crew. Of course I'm gonna help. But… why do you need me with you again?"

Currently, Chronicle was accompanying a Special Op from the Story Crew from a team called Noisreve. Being Equestria, he took on the form of a pony, an orange auburn-haired unicorn wearing a lab coat that concealed his cutie mark, which was identical to Chronicle's in a sense.

The cover story was that he, posing as a seismologist named Rift Watcher, needed an escort to protect him while observing in the Everfree Forest. He claims to have heard of Chronicle and his reputation as a reliable bodyguard and wanted his help. When Twilight told Rift that Chronicle currently has a contract, the bodyguard (who has a copy of the contract's terms) stated that he can undergo another bodyguarding job so long as his current charges permit it and if he returns within a week.

"Your bodyguarding skills are one of the reasons why I wanted you with me. The other reason is because what I'm looking for is something we can't let slip to the local populace. You see, there's been a risk of…E-Green Breach. Equestria-107 has reached Ev-Layer N-Dùk."

"Oh no." Ev-Layer N-Dùk was, to put it simply, a dimension that can give Nightmare Moon nightmares. Or inspire her with its idea for torture purposes. It was also a place Discord might've made if his bratty and fun-loving traits were replaced with despotic and "standard-less" ones.

"And a couple of other Equestrias have been subject to E-Green Breaches as well. We think it's because of the Great Draconequus Outbreak. A lot of reality warpers doing their thing must've weakened the EverPoints' integrity." EverPoints were rifts between Ev-Layers that are invisible to the naked eye. "There are very few beings that can traverse between those EverPoints called Eversers, and fewer of these who can do so without breaking them and letting loose those from the lower Ev-Layers."

The default EV-Layer for most worlds was Layer N-O-Sens. Below that were the Layers D-Cep, E-Ro, D-Solé, A-Pre-Hen, Con-fú, Cò-Mo, N-Dùk, and finally N-Ver. Each layer was progressively darker than the last, starting from slight to glaring, the Cò-Mo Layer and below having things not even the worst of Equestria's villains, save one in Tartarus that will not be mentioned, can stomach.

"I was sent to close off the EverPoints in this world and as an Everser I can sense where they are," continued Rift. "Unfortunately, jumping on my foes is my only means of defense, and the Everfree's creatures are too varied for that to keep working, so I called for your…services, so to speak."

"I see," replied Equestria Prime's Field Op.

"I might need to access areas only reachable by flight. Some EverPoints are known to be there."

"Got it. Thankfully, I have a spell that can grant you wings."

"Good. Oh, another thing. Noisreve has found out that Equestria Hell already has Layer N-Duc breaking through, although some of Layer N-O-Sens still remains." Equestria Hell (formerly designated Equestria-20) was a world where Discord was truly evil, much more monstrous, and has turned its Bearers of Harmony into his personal enforcers with more dangerous powers. The Field Op there was K.I.A. and the subconscious memory of that event had leaked in Chronicle's head in the form of a dream during his three-day sleep post-battle with Discord Prime.

One hour after Rift's talk of the EverPoints, he sensed one. "EverPoint located." Just then, they heard the sound of an incoming meteorite. Both of them looked up to see it coming right for their general area. "Oh no, this better not hit near the EverPoint!"

Before long, the meteorite made impact, shaking the earth and disturbing the Everfree fauna. The impact also made the two ponies shake as they tried to keep their balance. Once it was over, Chronicle asked, "Is the EverPoint that way?"

Rift closed his eyes, then opened them again. "Well, it's in that general direction, but it's best we check out the meteorite. Interlopers can often arrive via that method." Thankfully, the EverPoint is unaffected.

"All right." The two ponies ran toward the crash site, finding…a strange watch-like device that was primarily black and gray in color, with a grey/black dial in the middle (like a watch face) which had a green hourglass shape.

Both Story Crew members balked at the sight. "Is that…" Rift stuttered.

"Let's see." Chronicle took out his Off-World Detecting Wand, and waved it over the device.

"Object Identified. Designation by Story Crew: O-10T-P." Both unicorns immediately backed away. "World of Origin: Galvan Mk II-176."

The Field Op then took out his Detainer and 'slid' it toward the device, and the Detainer morphed into a covered basket made out of steel. They knew that O-10Ts had a tendency to latch on to the nearest living subject who has the capability to use it. And with what it can do, letting it do so is a bad idea.

Chronicle then took out his Sender and placed it under the basket. "Codeword: Ghorofa." The Sender began to emit a light underneath and engulfed the O-10T-P before it faded, revealing that it was gone. "Okay, that takes care of that. Now let's deal with the EverPoint."

Right after exiting the crater, Rift stopped walking and closed his eyes as if to sense something. Chronicle noticed and asked, "Have you found it?"

Rift nodded. "Yes. I sense a different 'music' mixing with the one here. This is definitely it. And you're standing at the point where it is strongest." Not knowing the full dangers of the EverPoints, Chronicle wisely moved away as Rift took out from hammerspace a staff with a white orb on its end.

Rift pointed the orb-end to the EverPoint, and the orb began to glow. Something else then shone in front of the staff. It looked like there were plenty of lines of light emanating from a single point. It could only be the EverPoint.

"Codeword: Dead Decapod." The orb on the staff then shot a light towards the EverPoint, whose lines began to fold into themselves and converge into its center before shrinking and disappearing. "EverPoint Sealed. On to the next one!"

(A/N: Now I realize that I just spoiled the secret of the game. Dammit. And no, that one villain I didn't mention is not Tirek.)

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

"Well, whoever said only one 'cross-over' occurs at a time, huh? This is precisely the reason why these incidents are covered; they don't make for good writing. At all."

(A/N: Although I did read one three-way crossover fic between MLP, Indiana Jones, and Samurai Jack. I think it's titled Crossed Paths.)

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

(Post-"Missing Rainbows Incident")

(Okay, the last one isn't an incident he had to cover up, but it's interesting enough for me to write something.)

"Whoa. I. Can't. Believe it."

"Can't believe what?"

Chronicle and his pretty-much-marefriend were in the latter's cottage, observing the former's Surveillance device, which had picked up something very interesting; Fluttershy having tea with a certain special individual.

"That you had an encounter with His Son," Chronicle gasped in both disbelief and awe. "And not just some glimpse, but teatime! Don't you know how lucky you are?!"

"Um, I don't understand."

"You see, meeting Him is like…" It was difficult explaining what it was like to meet a deity when their deity is also their 'physical' ruler. "Can't find the words… like meeting with a deity that came long before Luna and Celestia. Darn, it's hard to find a good comparison. You see, there are deities who don't reside in the mortal realm alongside their worshipers. Rather, they reside in a…higher plane of existence."

Fluttershy made a face that conveyed confusion and her mouth moved to ask, but he cut her off. "I don't quite understand how that works either, only that it does. The One you've met for tea is the Son of one of those 'higher-plane' deities. There are many out there who worship Him, but there are very few, if at all, who have had a personal encounter like with you, and you're not even one of His believers, not that that's a bad thing. I mean, there's no way anybody could've known he would meet with somebody whose deity rules over them as their benevolent 'princess'. As far as I know, Celestia's pretty much a queen, only she's using the title 'princess' for some reason, not that I'm gonna ask her why. It's best to respect her wishes and while she doesn't have a hair-trigger temper, it's unwise to let it loose. I mean, I will speak up against her if I have to, unlike most ponies, but I know if I'm going too far. Basically, the only thing keeping me from doing just anything I like is that I can be influenced by public opinion, but I will go ahead with what I do if it's for the greater good. Did you know I wasn't even supposed to stick around in Ponyville as your friend, not that I regret it in the least, but thanks to Princess Celestia I now have a steady place to stay, a stipend—"

His rambling was interrupted when a hoof blocked his mouth. He saw that Fluttershy had silenced him. Frankly, he was impressed that she did so instead of letting him continue on and on. He was also ashamed (and it showed in his shameful blush) that she heard him rambling without it being a tirade.

Just like Mom.

"Oh, sorry. I got carried away. I wonder if that espresso I had delivered this morning was the reason. But if that's so, why only now did I ramble?" He would later find out from his father that one of His supernatural messengers took offense to what Chronicle was saying and subtly influenced his mind. "Where was I?"

"Um, you were telling me how lucky I was to have tea with J—"

"Oh yes, that. …I think I've said what I wanted to say. I just didn't know when to stop. Sorry about that. Must've taken after my mother. She can talk for very long if she wants to."

"It's okay."

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

(Some time after the Co2E Incident)

Chronicle was resting for the night at Fluttershy's cottage. As he thought he wasn't ready to share the bed with her, even if she was willing to do so, he settled for the couch.

Sometime around midnight, he heard something making a strange noise coming from outside. From what his ears could pick up, it sounded like the crying of a…baby. Bleary-eyed, he got up, and made for the door to see just what was left there. His Story Crew side made him a bit more alert; these "baby on the doorstep" scenarios also had the chance of Interlopers involved; that is, the baby is not of this world and has to be dealt with. Nothing drastic or death-involved, of course.

He opened the door to see that a basket filled with blankets had been left behind on the doorstop. All right. "Baby on the doorstep" it is. But what is the baby? If it's a foal, it's off to the orphanage, sadly. I'm not ready to be a father! He took out his Off-World Detecting Wand and scanned the baby. As he simultaneously pushed some of the blankets away, he balked at what he saw, barely paying attention to what his Wand said. "Subject Identified. Name: None available. Species: Homo Sapiens Sapiens. World: DC Earth-5."

Indeed there was a human baby, and it—no, he—was shivering in the cool winter air. "You poor thing. I best take you somewhere safe." Covering the baby, he walked off to town. He intended to go to the Everfree Forest, but the late winter night made it sound like a terrible idea. Besides, what if Fluttershy was awake at that time and saw him going there? She would definitely come over to him for sure and he can't have that.

After ascertaining that nobody was looking his way, just to be absolutely sure, he took out his Time Pocket and activated it, containing himself and the baby in the basket. Next, he took out his Sender, and tenderly placed it under the now-crying baby, which he gently shushed. "This place is not safe for you," he whispered, following up with, "Codeword: Ghorofa."

The coaster began to emit a light underneath the baby. It then engulfed him before it faded, sending the child to Hadithi, and leaving the blankets behind. The Sender's destination varies with whatever it sends, so it was safe for both 'sendee' and Story Crew Recipients.

Now he had to find a good excuse as to why he left and, if he was seen with the basket, what it held. But there was hardly anypony up at this hour, so he couldn't just purchase something. No wonder Princess Luna felt resentful of them sleeping through the night.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

(Early-Mid-Season 2)

It was supposed to be an 'ordinary' special visit by Princess Luna, as in outside of Nightmare Night and in the day. But Pinkie Pie just had to be 'controlled' by a dangerous entity called an Author. Sometimes, while the story Crew performs its work, in the process of sending ideas to "client worlds"' authors, producers, artists, scriptwriters, fanfic writers, and the like, Authors might spawn with the minds of the last of those, take possession of individuals who know of and can breach the "fourth wall" (like Pinkie Pie), and do stuff they like. Frankly, their attitude was identical to Discord's, but minus the sadism (for most of them).

But let's roll back to how it began. Well, a little forward, perhaps…

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Chronicle and his charge Twilight Sparkle were walking through the streets with Princess Luna, who was wearing a large, dark brown bulky cloak over herself. It served its purpose a bit well as a disguise given that while she was drawing attention, there nopony seemed to recognize her (or if they did, they weren't running away or spreading the word).

"I'm so glad you decided to drop by, Pri— uhh, Luna," Twilight said. "I really don't think you need the cloak, though."

"But we must," the Princess insisted as she took a sharp look around town. 'Tis not Nightmare Night and we do not wish to disturb or frighten our subjects. We believe thy friends will understand us, but we are uncertain of the other ponies."

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie saw them. Gasping, she dashed over to them. "Twilight, there you are! I have something super amazing to show you! Come on!"

Normally, Twilight would dismiss Pinkie and carry on with what she was doing, and Chronicle would probably either go in her stead or summon a magical clone to check it out. However, they had Luna with them, and Twilight wanted to take whatever opportune social activity was being given to her so as to give the Princess a good time. "Come on, Luna. I'm sure Pinkie has something really fun planned."

"If thou sayest so." Luna was naturally hesitant, given the events of the first Nightmare Night after her 'release' from the moon.

"All right, Pinkie. Let's see what you have for us today," Chronicle said. He also made himself mentally prepared on his Story Crew side, a fair number of incidents he had to cover were equally her fault as much as Twilight's with her experimental teleports. However, plenty of circumstances prevented him from making her promise not to do whatever she does that leads to the incidents he has to cover up.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

The two unicorns and one alicorn were led to the edge of Sweet Apple Acres. In the middle of the street was a a gigantic machine. It was essentially a gigantic slot machine, and there were reels with the silhouette of an earth pony, a pegasus, and a unicorn on display. The machine was painted the same shade of blue as Luna's own coat.

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack were already there, waiting for the others. Rarity was nowhere to be seen, however.

"Hey girls, look who I brought!" Pinkie announced as she bounced into the air, legs flailing with delight as Twilight, Chronicle, and Luna trotted up the street.

"Well would you lookie here, Princess Luna," Applejack approached the Ruler of the Night, unafraid. "How ya been? Uh, your highness."

"You do not fear us?" Luna asked.

Applejack looked down at the ground. "We treated ya pretty dang awful back on Nightmare Night, even nearly got ya ta cancel the whole event."

Rainbow walked towards Applejack to address Luna as well, but didn't make eye contact and instead glanced ashamedly at the farmpony, who shared her expression and guilt. "Yeah, we wanted to apologize. Twilight and Chronicle talked to us about it the next day. Sorry we didn't treat you as fairly."

"That is quite all right," Luna said as she lifted a hoof to silence them. "We understand now that our subjects are still not used to our return, and may not forgive us for a while." Luna put her hoof down. "Nor see us for who we truly are."

Fluttershy, despite also having been told the whole story, still cowered behind Pinkie's machine, whimpering, afraid to approach the cloaked princess. A stern look from her pretty-much-coltfriend however convinced her to at least walk out in the open.

"Hey, Where's Rarity?" Twilight asked. "Is she coming?"

"She said she was finishing up a dress and she'd be right over," Pinkie explained. "Oooh, I can't wait to tell you guys all about this machine!"

"Where did you get this thing anyway?" Chronicle queried, eyeing the machine with curiosity and suspicion, his Story Crew side surfacing all the more. His Off-World Detecting Wand was also sending wild signals in his head.

Pinkie pointed a hoof to the sky. "Draconichero21 gave it to me!"

In an instant, alarms rang in hs mind as he quietly took out the the Memlock and activated it. Also, the Wand spoke to him. "Object Identified. Designation: Super Adventurifier 9001. Proprietor: Alias 'Draconichero21'."

While he was undergoing that, the others looked up and saw nothing, "Pinkie, there's nothing up there but clouds," Twilight said.

"That's because 'he' is from a higher plane of existence," Chronicle muttered, but nopony heard him. Crap. An Author has taken ahold of Pinkie Pie!

"We are confused. What is it we are supposed to be looking at?" Luna asked

"Nothing," the bookworm replied, putting slight pressure on Luna's neck, indicating she could lower her head. "That's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie."

"I'm here!" The all-too-familiar fabulous voice of Rarity was heard as she trotted down the road. "What is it I had to come see, Pinkie Pie?" The fashionista then noticed the machine. "And just what is this?"

"Feast your eyes on this, everypony! This is the super fantabulous Super Adventurifier 9001!" Pinkie exclaimed, throwing her hooves out wide as she appeared at the top left side of the tall machine.

"And what does it do, exactly?" Luna asked, finally pulling off her cloak.
"I don't know!" Pinkie said. "But it has the word 'adventure' in it. It must be lots of fun!"

"Well, here's a switch." Rainbow pointed to a lever on the opposite side of the machine. "Let's yank it. Maybe something cool will happen."

"I don't know about this, you guys," Twilight said apprehensively. "We shouldn't tamper with things we do not understand."

"I agree with Twilight," Chronicle concurred. "You could easily get us all killed, or worse send us to an evil mind-breaking dimension!" Like Ev-Layer N-Dùk!

"But there is a good chance it causes 'fun', yes?" Luna inquired.

"Absolutely!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Excited, the Princess declared, "WE SAYEST: GO FOR IT, PINK ONE!"

This was getting worse and worse as far as Chronicle was concerned. "You too, Princess?!"

"Okie-dokie-lokie!" Jumping on top of the machine, Pinkie then waltzed over to its far side and jumped onto the lever before dangling from it by her front hooves and pulling the lever down. Instantly, the reels began to spin. Jack in the box music began to play, but as it did the machine began to bounce and sputter, and produced a multitude of loud noises, scaring Fluttershy as she took cover behind Chronicle.

Suddenly a weird black and white swirl began to emerge from the center of the machine and flow outwards. Weird bursts of lightning began blasting out from the top as it burst off and the machine began to go out of control. The ground began to shake.

"P-i-i-i-i-inkie P-i-i-i-i-ie," Rainbow said, her voice trembling from the tremors. "Wha-a-a-t's going o-o-o-on?"

"I don't know, but isn't this lots of fun?" Pinkie said. Miraculously, her voice was unaffected by the quake.

"We need to shut this off!" Twilight exclaimed as the rumbling turned into simple wobbling that bent and twisted the very fabric of reality like particularly wobbly jelly. Using her horn, Twilight tried to pull the lever again, but the moment she did the bottom of the machine opened and revealed a glowing green portal. The portal began to suck with a forceful gale that even Rainbow Dash would be unable to escape. Twilight tried to deactivate the machine, but that only made the machine pull harder.

Things went from bad to worse when Fluttershy was yanked from the ground by the wind, pulled towards the portal. Her body was long enough that she was able to put her hooves in between the sides of the opened bottom and not get pulled in, but her wings were being tugged on from their tucked in position.

"All right! That's it!" Chronicle cast a teleport spell on Fluttershy and transported her to his position, then tossed a Time Pocket at the portal, which activated before it entered the 'tunnel', seemingly taking the Adventurifier and the portal away (Rainbow and Pinkie had quickly moved away from the 'blast radius'). In reality, the two were just sealed in the Time Pocket until they were deactivated, disarmed, and taken away by Extractors sent inside the Pocket by the Story Crew.

Before anybody else could react, he next tackled Pinkie to the ground, then activated another Time Pocket, sealing themselves inside it. By the time the Time Pocket's effects expire, he would still be on top of her. But in the meantime, Chronicle had this to say.

"Pinkamena Diane Pie!" he began. "What the ████ were you thinking accepting 'gifts' from individuals you don't know?! Didn't you consider the fact that if we get whisked away, we're leaving Equestria undefended against the likes of Discord if he ever somehow escapes again or any other villain who can only be defeated by the Elements of Harmony? What if one of us ends up unable to use the Elements along the way?"

"But didn't you—"

"That 'substitute Bearer' thing I tried was out of desperation. I didn't even think it would've worked and would've been surprised if it did."

"I just wanted an adventure!"

Clearly, the Author has a strong grip. "We don't need to travel across worlds to achieve that. There's enough adventure in Equestria as it is." He then took out his communicator. "Dad, you listening? I got an Author Puppet situation here."

"That's the second time this month," Record Keeper commented. "I'll request for extra defense measures for those things."

"All right." Chronicle then returned his attention to Pinkie. "I already warned you. And you even made a Pinkie Promise!" He knew it wasn't entirely Pinkie's fault, but if she thinks she's guilty (as he can tell from her regretful expression), she's more likely to resist the influence of Authors trying to control her before the Author is dealt with by the Story Crew.

"I… I…"

"I can't promise to clean up after you every time like I did just now. Consider this a warning."

And the Time Pocket soon deactivated.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

"Luckily for me, thanks to the MemLock, the incident is—as usual—contained. However, I heard that my cousin in Equestria-85 failed to curb the Adventurifier like I did and he, his friends, and Princess Luna were turned into humans—Trainers to be exact—as they were transported to 'Pokémon World-21', and Discord-85 has apparently managed to send an image of himself there. Unfortunately, that's not my problem; it's up to my cousin to do that.

"Of course, I'm not the only one handling such incidents. Here're two records on what my family's done."

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Event S-222972: Stopping a Galactical Siege

A huge fleet of space vessels were traveling through outer space, the longer method for reaching different worlds (the other short one being the Sea of the Skies). Composed of frigates, dropships, fighters, and a capital ship, this fleet whose allegiance will not be specified was ready to take over the not-quite-delicate world ahead of them and spread its tyrannical influence.

At least they would be were it not for the single alicorn staring down the fleet's captain at the capital ship's bridge and surrounded by a magic force field. None of the other vessels have attacked, since the force field repelled all weapons, and he was positioned somewhere they can't attack without risking friendly fire.

"You must be joking," said the captain through his vessel's communication system.

Record Keeper had with him a personal communicator that can pick up the fleet's channel and replied, "I'm not. Leave this system be, or suffer the consequences."

"Hah! Our scouts have showed that that planet ahead of us has zero space technology! You can't take on this entire fleet alone!"

Record game a smirk. "Whoever said I was alone?" As if on cue, a copious amount of wormholes appeared, and out of them emerged space vessels of all kinds. Some were of the typical mechanical composition, others were—in a sense—organic, and there were also two…creatures who were mismatched in terms of body parts. All of them already had their weapons charged. "I am Record Keeper, commander of the Conalir Protectorate. This planet is under our jurisdiction. Turn away and you may yet live." But we'll have to lock away your memories of this encounter. "Continue and not one of you will return." We'll induct you into our ranks or start a new life in Hadithi. We'll find a way to put you back home through an evac craft. "It's your choice."

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Event R-25465428: Stupidly Lost Wanderers

Twilight Sparkle Equestria…

Mystic Wand was in the Royal Canterlot Library, perusing through a book that contained lots of complex spells.

"Let's see here. Twin portal spell, nah. Too much chance of a laugh from me. X-ray vision spell. A surefire classic. Disturbance proximity spell. Okay. Casting it now." A short flare of his horn later, and Wand was reading again. "Gravity Shift. Sweet, except with the sun and moon circling the planet, I don't know how that works. Homing magic shot. Now this is interesting. Gotta bookmark that. Eagle Vision. Now that's what I'm talking about. I wonder if—"

Suddenly, his newly-cast "disturbance proximity spell" set off an alarm in his head. He immediately turned around, cast a binding circle spell (he and his twin siblings picked it up from their mother) on it, and he nearly lost focus upon seeing who it was.

Human, yellow clothes with black dots on them, a stubborn look in his face…it could only be… Wand made certain by pulling out his Off-World Detecting Wand, and it beeped, making the individual turn around to face him. The Wand (not Wand) then responded, "Subject Identified. Name: Ryoga Hibiki. World: Furinkan Prime."

Oh ████. Unlike his siblings, Wand was knowledgeable in other languages, and he knew just what this one spoke in. "Hey you. The guy in yellow."

This Ryoga fellow turned to face him curiously. "Hm?"

"You shouldn't be here." As the unicorn said that, he 'sneaked' the Sender right underneath his feet. "Codeword: Ghorofa."

"What?" But the Sender did its job and Ryoga was gone. The Story Crew would return him to Furinkan Prime, and probably won't suppress his memories; he was known for impossibly getting lost anyway, traveling worlds isn't too much of a stretch for him.

"What just happened?" a voice suddenly came.

████! swore Wand as he turned around. He saw a scholar had entered and saw…how much? He had to assume the scholar had seen Ryoga and him sending the lost guy away. He came up with a quick lie. "I was testing a summoning spell. Went wrong, and I rectified my error."

The scholar grunted. "That's a violation of protocol. When testing a summon spell, always use an empty room, and get clearance. I'd report you, but you're one of Princess Twilight Sparkle's ace magi, so I'll let this one by. Promise not to do it again?"

Wand gave a sigh. "All right."

Just then, something very loud zoomed by the window, startling both of them. "Whoa!" gasped the scholar. "What in Twilight's name was that?!"

The ace magus didn't answer, his Wand answering for him in his head. "Subject Identified. Name: Masaki Andoh. Vehicle: Cybuster. World: SRW Earth-Alpha." So as to not arouse suspicion, Wand answered, "No idea." Better report this to the Story Crew.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Dreamscape…

Chronicle prepared to stop the camera.

"There's plenty more, but either I don't have the clearance or I don't think it would be interesting for the catalyst to know. So, see you maybe next time."

And the video was ended.

Author's Note:

Thankfully, you will have footnotes here because the only thing that would be at the top is the disclaimer, which is already applied in almost every chapter anyway.

1. "Dead Decapod" is a reference to a Let's Player named DeceasedCrab, who plays a number of 8-bit games, "widget series", or indie freeware games.

2. I planned on Rift and Chronicle stumbling into the manticore from the second episode, and then the latter talking about how he's become so friendly after a few more visits by Fluttershy, but I deemed it unnecessary.

3. The Missing Rainbows Incident will be covered next chapter.

4. DC Earth-5 is a DC Comics alternate Earth without any superheroes. from one comic I read, something called Phantom Stranger sent Earth-1's Batman (and the first Robin) there to stop that world's Joe Chill (murderer of Batman's parents) from killing the Waynes there. The Bruce Wayne there would then be inspired to become Earth-5's Batman. Why did I choose that world? Just a random thought.

5. Yes, Eagle Vision is a reference to the Assassin's Creed series.

The reason I did not do "Sisterhooves Social" is because it focuses on two of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and their older sisters, who aren't exactly Chronicle's favorites. And that's all for now. More will be added at a later time. Like maybe Chronicle stopping Twilight or Spike from using a Death Note. See ya on Third!

PreviousChapters Next