• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 6,181 Views, 168 Comments

Shisno Chronicles: Friendship is Magic - nightelf37



Basically, it's a 'retelling' of the popular "Friendship is Magic" TV series with an OC.

  • ...
61
 168
 6,181

PreviousChapters Next
(NOT) The Cutie Pox

Special 6: The Missing Rainbows Incident

Lord Record Keeper was at his 'throne room', overlooking the goings-on in Hub Equestria when something happened. Two of his mirrors, which he used for contacting the rulers in other Equestrias, began to waver. It can only mean one thing; somepony is trying to contact him. Usually, it was the other way around.

He 'pulled' them over with his telekinesis (as he was currently in his alicorn form), and when his reflection changed into whoever was wanting to talk to him, he withheld his shock. Normally, the Equestrian rulers who would be in touch with him via mirror would be Princess Philomena, Princess Luna of the Lunar Republic, Princess Molestia, and Sun Bro and Moon Dude. Princess Trollestia would often just warp herself over and pull pranks on his "little ponies". And Princess Pinkie Pie could just pop up whenever.

Right now, he was facing Princess Celestia Prime and Prince Solaris P-δ. With them were his twin children. Chronicle looked distressed, but Timerity seemed like she had been sobbing for a good while, if her eyes and stuffy nose were any indication. And she was still crying.

"What happened?" he asked, concern filling his voice.

"It's about Rainbow Dash, Dad," his son said. "Something…terrible happened."

"Blitzy disappeared!" his only daughter blurted out. "As in he's gone! I can't find him anywhere! My tracking spell yielded nothing! Blank!"

Uh oh. Timerity had spoken a code. While she does have a tracking spell, she was secretly talking about Surveillance. There was only one way Surveillance would stop tracking someone with a Surveillance camera; when they are whisked away to another world and the Surveillance holder did not go with them.

"Please try to find her!" Chronicle was saying. "We're all worried, and I fear for Pinkie Pie."

"Hold on, both of you. Start from the beginning."

"Wait, both?" Solaris asked.

"What are you talking about, Record Keeper?"

That's when the 'ruler' of Hub Equestria realized his mistake. "Oops. Well, it turns out that both of you have experienced the same predicament. Lemme just get you positioned." With another telekinesis spell, he manipulated the two mirrors so that they were now 'facing' each other and he was between then without obstructing either mirror.

"Sister?"

"Brother?"

"Solly!"

"Celly!"

Both rulers of the Day blushed when they realized Record and his children had heard them. Only the father made a reaction though; the children were still distraught from what they've yet to report.

Record quickly defused the situation by getting back on the subject. "Timerity, Chronicle, tell me what happened. Start from the beginning."

F—L—A—S—H—B—A—C—K

"I don't think this is such a good idea." Timerity was voicing her opinion.

"Relax," assured Dusk Shine. "I made sure to read the entire manual."

"And you made sure you practiced this time?"

"Umm…yes."

The bodyguard could tell from the hesitance that it wasn't the case. "…You're lying."

"It can't be helped now. I already had this sanctioned by the mayor."

"Fine, but if something happens to my Blitzy, I'm gonna give you a scar!"

T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS

"Twilight, I really think you should stop."

In front of Chronicle was a storm, developed by both the pegasus weather team and his charge Twilight Sparkle. To minimize damage, and to ensure that whatever wild magic the Everfree Forest has doesn't interfere, the storm test took place in a far-off meadow (within view of Ponyville). In fact, it was the same field the cow herd stampeded through before being diverted out of town thanks to Applejack.

It's gonna screw up any minute now! He didn't say it out loud, not wanting something to happen. But then he realized that by thinking about it, it was likely to happen anyway.

All of a sudden, there was an errant lightning bolt, followed by a cry.

"Something's wrong with the storm!" said Lightning Bolt, one of the pegasi in the team.

Why oh why did I have to even think it?!

C—TS—LB—C—TS—LB—C—TS—LB—C—TS—LB

"Blitz, get out of there now! Dusk is getting ready to dispel the storm!"

"I can handle this! I'll be fine!"

"But I won't, much as I hate to admit! Get your ass over here! Everypony else is already out of range!"

Next to Timerity, Dusk's horn was beginning to flare with magic as he prepared to attempt to dispel the storm. Just at the moment he fired the spell, a lightning bolt came out of the storm and connected with it. The result was a strong blast that pushed both unicorns back…and 'consumed' Rainbow Blitz in the process.

T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS

Chronicle coughed from the dust that had kicked up after he and Twilight were forcibly repelled by the reaction between her spell and the lightning.

"Dammit, I should've made a better effort in stopping you, Twilight." He got up and looked around. The sky was clear, and there was no sign of the storm. "Now where's Rainbow Dash?" After making sure that nopony else was looking, he took out Surveillance, and prepared to check on her camera. What he saw made him balk however.

Twilight noticed and walked over. "What's wrong?" She looked at the device and saw that the 'screen' was blank. "Where is she? Why is it not finding her?"

"That's because she's not here. As in, not in this world!"

"How? Your Surveillance didn't show anything like this when we ended up in you sister's world."

"That's because I was whisked along with you."

"Can you track her down?"

"…No." And there was another problem with Surveillance. It was okay if the Surveillance holder, i.e. Chronicle himself, got transported in another world. As long as the 'camera' is not taken away from the same world the 'device' was in, they will still work even if the 'device holder' goes elseworld. If the 'camera' is taken away from the same world the 'device' is in, and the device fails to "follow" within ten seconds, the 'camera' will teleport back to its target's last location in the world the device is in for the user of the Surveillance to extract (The stuff Surveillance is made of is expensive and difficult to replace).

C—TS—C—TS—C—TS—C—TS—C—TS—C—TS

Timerity immediately ran towards where Rainbow Blitz was last seen, fearing for the worst. When she reached it, they came true.

On the grass was a round gray orb. A casual eye would think of it as an ordinary strangely-shaped rock, but it was really a disabled Surveillance camera. If a camera was rendered visible, it could only mean one thing; its 'target' had been whisked away from this world and the owner of the Surveillance device has failed to follow within ten seconds.

In other words, Blitz was gone, and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. Not by herself, that is.

Dusk noticed her shaking, as if trying and failing to be calm. After all, her coltfriend just disappeared to who knows where, and she would likely blame him. "Um, Time?" he asked as he went over.

"Send a letter to Prince Solaris," he heard her say, devoid of emotion.

"What?"

She turned around to face him, tears in her face. It didn't make for a pretty picture. "SEND A LETTER TO HIM NOW!"

T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS—T—DS

"I plan to send a letter anyway," retorted Twilight has she and Chronicle made for the library. Well, the latter would just be passing by as he was headed somewhere else.

"Well, add the following: Tell Princess Celestia that I'm on my way to Canterlot, to have her guards let me pass, and to contact my father!"

"Wait, contact your father?"

"I found out from her after my three-day sleep that she knew him. All you need to know about my father is that he can help."

"Hold on a second. Your siblings are situated in different Equestrias. What kind of Equestria is your father in?"

"Well, I did say that we hailed from another world."

"Actually, your sister told us that."

"Right. Well, my father comes from that world. He's also in a way our boss. If Rainbow Dash is in some other Equestria, he'll find her, inform my relative there, and fix this."

"You mean everypony in your family is stationed in one of many Equestrias out there?"

"We'll talk about this another time." They had reached the library, and Chronicle could not waste a second.

E—N—D—F—L—A—S—H—B—A—C—K

"I used every spell short of the Glimmer Wings to come all the way here," Timerity finished, letting out another sniffle. "Dusk's letter came through, and the guards did not stop me, nor did I need to evade them."

Record nodded after hearing his children's recollection, then said, "All right. I'll do what I can. I'll find Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Blitz from your worlds (as other worlds have those ponies with the same names and appearance). It's gonna take some time though." He then addressed Solaris and Celestia. "Our family's rather large, possibly greater in number than either of your worlds' Apple family clans."

"I remember saying as much," commented Chronicle.

"And my work isn't free of obstructive bureaucrats either. It could take more than a week." Even longer if it turns out they're not in the Equestria Cluster at all. And I've a feeling that is very possible. "I'll be in touch once I have word. But until then, there's nothing you can do but wait." Record turned to look at his daughter, who has finally calmed down. "Don't worry, Timerity. I'll find him. By the power vested in me as a member of the Timer family, I will not rest until find the missing Rainbows."

"*sniff* Okay, Dad."

Record then addressed Solaris and Celestia once more. "Thank you for informing me on this. I best start my work immediately. I bid you farewell…" He turned to each of the mirrors. "Princess Celestia, Prince Solaris."

"I wish you good luck in your search, Record Keeper," said Celestia.

"We all hope for your success." Solaris.

And with that, the mirrors rippled back into their previous silvered forms. Record then 'pushed' them back to their places, and returned to his throne to start his 'mission'. As the screens came to life, with a simple thought, he opened up communications with somebody in the Story Crew.

"Message to Hadithi Command."

"Designation?" asked an voice 'edited' to conceal identity.

"Conte E-No. 44926."

"Designation Recognized. Recording Message."

"I have a serious situation here; Codename: 'Porting Crisis. The following are missing from their worlds: Rainbow Dash Prime and Rainbow Blitz P-δ. Worlds last seen: Equestria Prime and Solaris Equestria respectively. No known evidence of Book Troop involvement. Cause of disappearance: Spell gone wrong for both. Caster of spell: Twilight Sparkle Prime and Dusk Shine P-δ. I would like to request that somebody search the other target worlds and even some of the client worlds for them. I will begin searching in the Equestria Cluster. Over and out."

C—PC—T—RK—PS—C—PC—T—RK—PS—C—PC—T—RK—PS

While waiting for a reply from Command, he was of course already searching the other Equestrias and contacting his relatives; siblings, cousins, siblings-in-law, cousins-in-law, nephews, nieces, nephews-in-law, nieces-in-law, cousins once/twice removed, second cousins onward, everything in between, and even honorary members, who are all under his jurisdiction.

Of course, he contacted his wife and his other children first via the dreamscape. Ebony Spell, Blue Diary, and Mystic Wand all yielded negative results. Upon hearing of his crisis, Princesses Philomena, Pinkie Pie, and 'Republican' Luna offered to help in the search, but Record turned them down, saying, "This is my family's problem. I already have my organization dealing with it, and if they hear I got you involved, I'll be in serious trouble."

A couple of hours passed before the reply finally came, which he read on a screen while on his throne.

"Hadithi Command: Request granted. We're sending over some operatives so you can provide them the details of the missing individuals. They will be tasked in searching the other worlds. Do not forget your task in the Equestria Cluster."

Just as he finished reading the message, the doors to his 'throne room' opened, revealing five silhouettes that were decidedly not equine, or anything resembling a resident of any Equestria (aside from the ones with humans/humanoids).

These five approached him, but the ambiance of the room somehow kept their faces in shadow.

"You must be the operatives they sent me."

"That would be so," one of them replied.

Record then opened a screen in front of them, showing images of the missing ponies he tasked himself in searching. "These are the missing individuals I am tasking you in finding. Rainbow Dash Prime and Rainbow Blitz P-δ. Due to the nature of teleporting, there is a very high chance that their assumed forms may not be what you see right here. Their forms could be akin to any of yours, or something else entirely. For all I know, they might've been sent through time as well, and their bodies and minds might've progressed or regressed as a result."

"That would make the search rather difficult," another of the operatives snarked.

"I am well aware of that. That's why I'm also giving you this." He 'passed' five faintly glowing cards to the operatives, which they took. "Those cards will tell you the Soul Signature of Rainbow Dash Prime and Rainbow Blitz P-δ. I trust you have the means to read them?"

"Of course we do."

Soul Signatures, which are exactly what they imply, are tracked by the Story Crew via the cameras they use, not just the Surveillance ones, but cannot be accessed normally to prevent abuse. Every sentient being, including machines and even the so-called 'soulless', have a Soul Signature. Even individuals who "sell their souls" will still retain theirs. No two individuals, not even alternate selves from two different worlds has the same Soul Signature. And no matter what happens to their body, mind, or even what their world regards as a soul, their Soul Signature will remain the same.

"Good. I wish you all luck."

The five operatives saluted him before leaving the throne room, one of them considerate enough to close the door.

(A/N: Who or what the operatives Record Keeper communicated with isn't important, any more than that mailpony who gave Rainbow Dash her invitation to the Wonderbolts Academy, or the train pullers in "Over a Barrel", or the Library guard from "It's About Time". That's why I deliberately didn't give them much detail.)

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Two weeks have passed since his twin children had reported on their missing friends, which he decided he would personally record as the "Missing Rainbows Incident". His search in the Equestria Cluster have been turning up nothing so far. Of course, given that he has more than just that to do (like stopping Interlopers, organizing his 'employees' and recruits, thwarting the Solar Empire and Corona Blaze, refusing more invitations to "cosmos surf" by Sun Bro and Moon Dude, surviving pranks from Princess Pinkie Pie), he hasn't finished covering every Equestria.

"I apologize, sir, but after you told me about your situation, I couldn't help but ask them about it. The Time-Space Administration Bureau there offered to provide some assistance. What should I do?"

"Fine. Allow them, but make sure 'Assault Flower' (the other Field Op) and their boss knows too."

"Thank you, sir. Pact out." And a screen deactivated.

Record was just finishing a conversation with one of his Field Operatives (and one of his fourth cousins-in-law once removed) with the pony alias Bright Pact, who was assigned to Lyrical Equestria (f.k.a. Equestria-15).

The Equestria Cluster is only one of many Clusters the Story Crew is in charge of. But let's start on what a Cluster is. As would be known, the Story Crew visits various worlds and sends down Field Operatives there. However, in many cases, many of these worlds have too much in common and are regarded as Clusters. Since it would be too much of a hassle to send down Opeeratives as simple as that, Hub Worlds are established in the same way the Timer family did. Not all Hub Worlds are established by a single family, though.

These Hub Worlds would then connect to all those common worlds by secret methods, and then portal mirrors would be established between them for the convenience of Story Crew members, though 'common' can sometimes be a stretch for some. Among known Clusters aside from the Equestria one are Magical Britain, Halkagenia, Mann's Land, Middleton, Valley of Peace, Arendelle, and Mid-Childa to name a few. The last of them is much more complicated due to its worlds being itself connected to the Time-Space Administration Bureau (TSAB for short), another cross-world organization, via dimensional space, another method of crossing worlds aside from the Sea of the Skies and outer space.

The problem with 'assigning' worlds to Clusters is that there's no telling if it belongs to just one of them or actually two (or worse, more). Lyrical Equestria was one of those problems. Not only was it an Equestria, it was also connected to a dimensional space a Mid-Childa is also connected to. As in more so than normal, with its Princesses being knowledgeable of them and the TSAB. As a result, it's not only part of the Equestria Cluster, it's part of the Mid-Childa Cluster as well.

The Story Crew, the Book Troop, and the TSAB aren't the only cross-world organizations out there however; the former two are merely the only ones involved in the 'provide fiction for client worlds' deal. It's just that the other groups are sometimes regarded as 'target worlds' by them, and very they rarely get themselves involved in the two's war, especially the TSAB.

…Yeah. Saying the rabbit hole goes pretty deep is a gross understatement.

Just then, a notification came telling that one of the operatives he requested wants to talk with him. Finally. He established communications and a screen showing the operative opened up. "Tell me what you found."

"Yes. Well, I have good news: I finally located Rainbow Dash Prime. She's in a client world and is being taken care of by a resident human. He has managed to keep her a secret from the rest of the world."

Record winced a bit at this. Whenever somebody says there's good news, there's always— "And the bad news?"

"The bad news is that it turns out that Rainbow Dash had regressed to very early fillyhood during transit and has lost pretty much all of her memories."

████! "That really is bad news. Pinpoint to me the world so I can establish a portal mirror."

"What do you plan on doing?"

Record raised an eyebrow. "I not required to tell you, am I?"

"R-right. Sorry. Oh yeah. I also crossed a strange portal to get there, and from what I could deduce, this client world is in the future, sort of. It seems that there is a Time Displacement phenomenon here. A day in here is a year out there."

"How are you—"

"I'm on our end of the portal while I have a drone on the other side."

"I see."

"No. Wait. …I was wrong. The phenomenon here is a Narnian Time Stream."

"Oh great." Narnian Time Streams are a more wonky version of the Time Displacement phenomenon. While the latter sticks to a strict 'conversion system' formula (e.g. year inside, hour outside), the former fluctuates whenever it wants (one moment it's one hour outside-one year inside, and the next it's one day outside-ten years inside).

"Thankfully, it looks like the Stream will stick to 'day here, year there' for the next couple of days on our side, but I think it's best not to tarry before it decide to 'change its mind' again."

"Thanks for the intel." This makes matter so much more complicated.

"So my job is done, then?"

"Not yet. Not until Rainbow Blitz P-δ has also been located. I'll inform the rest of you once one of you has finished doing that, okay?"

"Yes, MCPO Thomas." The communication was then terminated.

Record chuckled to himself. MCPO (Master Chief Petty Officer) was his rank in the Story Crew's Frontline Force (which was its army designed against direct assaults by the Book Troop or other Interlopers who happen upon Hadithi) before all this. He met his future wife Jenny during a mission in a 'target world'. The details as to how they got together is "private", however.

His expression then turned into one of calculation. With the nature of this sort of memory loss, I'll need to have Rainbow Dash Prime's native friends come along to try and trigger any memory that could be left locked deep in her subconscious. And maybe Princess Celestia Prime has a spell that can help. Failing that, I'll have to ask Chronicle to use that special feature in his Surveillance, and that may take some time.

His musings would be interrupted by another of the operatives he requested wanting to talk with him. The good news of that was that Rainbow Blitz P-δ has also been located. The bad news was that his…predicament is identical to Rainbow Dash Prime's; regressed to a very young colt, memories erased, and taken care of by a human in a client world while being kept secret from the rest of it. Thankfully, the portal leading to that world is under the Time Displacement phenomenon.

He would do a facehoof in realizing that. Even outside their worlds, they're still connected. What are the odds? I best get to work. His reply to the operative was to request they would pinpoint the world so he can establish a portal mirror, then a notification to all of them that the search is over.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

Afternoon…

It was fifteen days since the search began. Now that he had everything in place, it was time to do what he hoped not to do. He had to pull plenty of strings (literally, a few times) to get permission for what he was about to do. After hearing via dreamscape that his twin children were made to Pinkie/Berry Promise something, the circumstances behind those Promises unknown as of the moment, he's going to have to bring his children's friends and Prince/ss to Hub Equestria.

Since using the portal mirrors would be a huge problem, as soon as he had word on Rainbow Blitz P-δ's predicament, he had contacted Solaris P-δ and Celestia Prime that he would be sending over special teleporters (that thankfully looked like a magical artifact by an Equestrian standpoint) to take them to the worlds their missing friends are at. They were also given specific instructions on what to do so he would not have to coordinate with them from the throne room. He could just transport them directly, but he was running out of time with regards to the nature of the client worlds their missing friends were at, and hearing that his daughter was on the verge of— no, he did not want to think about that!

Record had a room cleared for the teleportation. Having pulled a lot of strings, he was able to pull this off. The room was empty save for a wide window showing plenty of houses the non-Field Operatives reside in. The room was also given a little refurbishing and space was made for the two teleporters that would be bringing the natives of Equestria Prime and Solaris Equestria here. They looked like large circular platforms with nonsensical runes all over them.

A specialized MemLock was on the ready, as their experiences here cannot influence their decisions in their native worlds. This MemLock would be on all of them (except his children) until they return to their worlds.

Now, he was debating to himself as to what form should he assume. Alicorn form (which he is in right now), or earth pony? Naturally, if he were to ever visit an Equestria (well, one that wasn't a human/anthro world anyway), he would have to assume the latter. Nah, he'll have to assume the former. And if he does happen to have to visit either of their worlds at a later time, he could say he preferred using a disguise when in other Equestrias.

The runes on the teleporters suddenly glowed. It's time. Record prepared the complex spell that would operate the teleporters. The lights in the room flickered as the magic in the 'devices' and Record's diadem did their work, crackling with energy and Record's horn was shooting off sparks. It was a difficult spell, and Record was close to overloading his diadem he might not be able to assume alicorn form ever again, and that could be problematic. He could always explain it off as a strong curse, but that's only a short-term solution.

Before he could ponder on it any longer, the teleporters let off a large beacon of light from their entire area, blinding Record for a bit as he relaxed his spellcasting. Then the light finally faded, revealing his children, their friends, and the two rulers of the Sun.

"Welcome to Hub Equestria," he greeted. "It is called such because it is my group's home world. I am Lord Record Keeper, ruler of this realm."

"It is a privilege to finally meet you personally," said Celestia as she nodded her head.

"Likewise," said Solaris.

Everypony else bowed before being coerced to get up by Record. "No need for such formalities. I trust you have cover stories prepared in case you're asked why you were gone?" The two rulers of the Sun nodded. "Good. I shall take you to where the missing Rainbows are. In the meantime, I'm guessing you'd like to catch up with each other? Your transit to the worlds your missing friends are is still under preparation."

The moment was then interrupted with Pinkie and Berry having a happy dance together as they pronked around each other. More subtle greetings were exchanged between the others. Timerity didn't return her brother's greeting, though.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

In a short while, the group consisting of three alicorns, six unicorns, four earth ponies, and two pegasi walked down an open road. The non-Story Crew ponies took in the sight the world had to offer. It was like Ponyville, but with a few more multistory buildings. There were also a couple of griffons, zebras, buffalo, and the odd diamond dog or dragon.

"We're a diverse community," Record explained before either of the other alicorns could comment on this. "Family members aren't all bound by blood. Honorary members count too, though only when it comes to doing what my children are tasked in doing in your worlds. And there's something else." He switched to a telepathy spell. I'm using telepathy because I can't let your subjects know.

While Record talked with Celestia and Solaris through their minds, Twilight Sparkle noticed Timerity was feeling really glum.

"Um, Dusk?" She then gasped as she then noticed a faint scar across his chest. "What happened to you?"

"Time threatened to give me a scar if anything happened to Rainbow Blitz," he explained. "She went through with her promise. I'm guessing—"

"No," Chronicle cut him off. "I don't go that far. Well, I won't resort to scars, at least." He then changed the subject. "I'm guessing Blitz being missing is why my sister's in such a low mood."

"Um, I think 'low' would be an severe understatement," Butterscotch spoke up.

"Why?" asked Fluttershy.

"Well, after she got back from Canterlot, she spent every night weeping," Dusk explained. "And some nights, she would go to Blitz's cloud house and stay there until morning."

"And when I went over to clean up, the pillows were wet with tears," added Butterscotch.

"We were so worried about her cloud-walking spell expiring, or her forgetting to re-cast it upon waking up, so I inflated an airbag right below the house if she ever—"

"Oh my goodness!" gasped Rarity. "She loves him that much, doesn't she?"

Berry Bubble nodded his head. "Mm-hmm. She would also vent her frustration on the Eris statue, demolishing it into dust with a sledgehammer. She would then do it again, over and over. Not even Magic Armor could convince her to stop."

"Magic Armor?" asked his female counterpart.

"Basically Mystic Shield's 'female self', Pinkie Pie," Chronicle answered.

"Oh."

"It was only after I got a letter for Solaris that she started to calm down," said Dusk. "Or at least she was calm on that day." He didn't know that Record Keeper had visited her via dreamscape and consoled her for a while.

"Whoo-ee," said Applejack, the female one. "Who knew love can drive a pony that far?"

"How did you girls deal with Rainbow Dash going missing?" her male self asked.

"Well, we did had to deal with a severely depressed Pinkie Pie."

"Her hair was flat, she looked darker, and she was really creepy," said Twilight.

"It was only for a few days, though," said Pinkie. "I couldn't let my depression spread. I wanted us to try and be happy while Chronicle's father did everything he could to find her. Somehow. I was confused as to how he could possibly find a pony who isn't even in the same world anymore."

"I've wondered the same thing," said Berry. "Instead of asking Prince Solaris or Prince Artemis for help, her father was her first option. I've wondered why him. What can he do that she wouldn't ask the Princes first? We know now."

"As for Chronicle, he was just grumpy, worried, nothing near what you guys told us his sister did. He was also a bit out of focus, but that's about it. Still, with what Timerity went through after Rainbow Blitz went missing, now I feel like we should all fear the day that Fluttershy goes missing like this for any reason."

Chronicle groaned from the ridiculous conclusion. "I assure you I won't be a sobbing, suicidal wreck, Pinkie Pie. Rather, I'd probably take a more active effort in finding her, and I wouldn't let even my father stop me. He takes great value in our happiness, and that's why he even did the search in the first place." And the fact that the Story Crew can't let these incidents happen. "I'd probably worry everybody else, and I'd probably be hurt too, but I wouldn't give up."

"…You'd do anything for her, would you?" said Elusive.

The mare-faced unicorn shook his head. "No. Not everything. If for any reason she'd turn evil, I wouldn't fight as her sworn knight; I'd fight to get her back because I advocate what's good, first and foremost." Actually, I advocate the Story Crew, but they're always on the good side. "And even if it breaks my heart, I will do what's right. I hope my sister remembers that."

If anypony had anything else to say, it was interrupted by Record saying, "We're here."

The group was now in front of a slate gray building. The double doors were the push-type, and so no telekinesis was required. Still, since he had guests, he 'held' them open for them.

Past the door were two portal mirrors, large enough for even an alicorn to pass through. The room itself was empty of anything else and was painted slate gray like the building. Two nondescript unicorn mares in labcoats and strange goggles stood in attention, unresponsive but alert like Royal Guards.

"Apologies for the drab look, but I had to work fast to bring these in," Record explained. "You have no idea just mow much effort I had to put for this, and unfortunately the terms of my work means I can't tell you." He 'tilted' the mirrors as he went between them so that the mirrors now faced his guests. "Your missing friends are through these mirrors. Walk through them and they'll take you to where they are." He gestured to the left. "Rainbow Dash is over there." Then to the right. "And there is Rainbow Blitz. I had to call for outside help since they were not in any of the Equestrias my family covers. From what my sources tell me, the worlds past these mirrors aren't pony worlds at all. It's best to be discreet. Interact only with your missing friend and whoever's taken them in. If there's anything else you need when you come back, let me know."

"Thank you for all you've done, Record Keeper," said Solaris.

"Don't thank me yet. If for any reason there is still something wrong with them, I'll get it fixed. And if you ever need a quick escape, you can teleport here. Our mirrors are specialized to allow for them." He then sent a mental message to the rulers (as well as their students) on the specifics of doing that.

Solaris, Celestia, and their subjects then walked toward their respective mirrors, but then the proteges turned around and saw that Record's children were not coming with them.

"You're not coming with us?" asked both of them at the same time, then they turned to each other from how awkward that was.

Timerity then finally spoke. "Best I don't. Wouldn't want my anger to get the best of me."

"I think it's best we stay behind in case anything happens," added Chronicle. The real reason however was that the mirrors led to "client worlds", and it's against protocol for Field Operatives to go there. Voluntarily, anyway; accidents won't be counted against them, but it would still be a hassle to fix. "Go on ahead. We'll be waiting."

"Okay," said Twilight as she and Dusk went after the others through the mirrors.
Once they were gone, Record spoke to his children. "Do you now understand why it is advised against to make such close attachments to the natives?"

"Yes, Father," replied his daughter. "But I couldn't refuse the contract Prince Solaris gave me and stick around Ponyville without ponies getting suspicious. There aren't exactly any nearby towns I could stay in that are in reach of it except for Canterlot, and that place is real far."

"Same deal goes for me," Chronicle put in. "And for the record, there is no hamlet named Oaton in our worlds." Oaton is an earth pony hamlet close to Ponyville, at least in Luna Equestria. Their younger brother Blue Diary and his friends had an adventure there.

"I see," replied Record. "There's something else I needed to tell you, something I couldn't tell them." He was also bad at conversing in two separate subjects via telepathy and verbal without accidentally mixing the two. "It's very likely that your friends might have…problems in memory. I don't think it's just from a spell. They've been regressed to early childhood and therefore their memories might've been erased and new ones cultivated. I assume your friends know a memory spell that can fix this, but in case that fails, I'd like you to enact Operation Slate Sentry."

"Operation Slate Sentry?"

"Yes. But as a backup plan only. The access code is 'Am Niece Eeea'." Record addressed the two labcoats. "Ladies, ready the mind scanners."

"Yes, sir!" The two unicorns each took out a white wand with long cords at one end. They attached the other end of these cords to their goggles.

Operation Slate Sentry involves using a secret feature in Surveillance. In it, though inaccessible and unviewable by normal methods, is an archive containing the memories of its subjects. Operation Slate Sentry would involve restoring a subject's memories by taking the ones saved in Surveillance. How exactly this works is classified to the Story Crew, however.

Suddenly, one of the unicorns said, "They're coming back, sir. And they're using a teleportation spell. They're taking a lot of stuff with them."

Timerity and Chronicle stepped away from the mirror's 'line of sight' as the invisible lines of magic began to formulate. A flash came and from it emerged Celestia, Solaris, their subjects, the unconscious missing Rainbows…and plenty of personal memorabilia, among them "Nascar" and "air show" posters, and a shoe box probably containing a lot of personal items.

"Guys!" Chronicle gasped as he approached his friends, then looked at Rainbow Dash with a trace of worry.

"Bitzy!" cried out Timerity as she bowled past them, pounced on his comatose form, and started crying profusely.

"What happened?" Record asked Solaris and Celestia.

The princess was the first to answer. "We encountered a 'man' who had taken her in. However, we also found out that she had no memory of us at all. As it was, while she was gone to us for fifteen days, he had been literally raising her for fifteen years." Record mentally slapped himself for forgetting to tell them about that little issue, but his face betrayed nothing. "He also knows of us, saying we're 'fictional characters from a children's TV show'."

That's part of what we do as the Story Crew, Record's son thought to himself.

"I had Twilight cast the memory spell she once used from the Discord incident," Celestia continued, then paused for a bit, wondering if—"

"I'm familiar with him," said Record. "Had to fight one version of him head-to-head when he somehow found his way here, and then I had to fight an a 'female' mirror of his named Eris." He didn't tell them about the Great Draconequus Outbreak or the fact that many of the Equestrias would've been stormed by them (some even were) were it not for him and the Story Crew.

"I see. Before I could do that however, he wished to talk with her one last time. It was…a tearful moment. Once we did, Twilight cast the spell while I teleported us back. And to make sure nothing happened between that world and ours, I removed any existence of Rainbow Dash ever being there. The only things I permitted him to keep were his memories, and his photo album. He deserved that much at least."

"I see." Record then turned to Solaris, who nearly stammered for a second before speaking.

"Celestia pretty much covered everything I would've said, except Rainbow Blitz's caretaker was a 'woman'."

"It's strange that even when we're not in Equestria, what we do mirrors one another," noted Elusive.

"Unnerves me too." Record then addressed the two labcoats. "Ladies, inspect the two Rainbows."

"Yes, sir." The two of them calmly walked toward the unconscious pegasi, the other ponies stepping away after a gesture from Record. The one who would check on Blitz had to gently nudge Timerity to get her to move, which she reluctantly did. The labcoats waved their 'wands' over the cyan pegasi, which began to emit green lights.

Before anypony could ask, Record said, "Due to the nature of magic, mixing different kinds can lead to…severe biological consequences. That can be bad news for some worlds. In fact, in one world where Equestria somehow ended up in another world, its inherent magic proved to be toxic to the natives of the other world. Thankfully, there was a solution to that, but I'm not inclined to provide the details lest you worry. More than you are already." She's a xenocidal █████.

Just then, one of the labcoats spoke. "Positive readings, sir." The other labcoat said the same thing. As with all Story Crew members, they know how to say things that can mean other things to those not in the know. While others would assume they were talking about the unnatural magic, they were really talking about the status of the Rainbows' memories.

"I see." He turned to face the rulers. "Princess Celestia, Prince Solaris, there's something I'd like to tell you, something I can't do in front of your subjects, not even your students. Could you please come with me? And don't worry, this part of my realm is pretty safe."

Thankfully, there was little fuss and the three alicorns left the building, but not before Record gave a glance at his children. Once they were gone, Chronicle took out his Surveillance and Timerity did the same, no longer feeling as depressed as before.

"I suspect your father wanted Prince Solaris and Princess Celestia out of the way for something," said Dusk.

"You'd be right," replied Timerity, losing more and more of her depression. "As far as we know, neither of them know of Surveillance."

"How do you know that Princess Celestia doesn't know either?" asked Twilight.

"I talk with my brother in the dreamscape, duh."

"And what has Prince Artemis said when he found out?" Berry asked curiously.

And then a smile, however snide, finally came in her face. "You're assuming he has. Well, he hasn't. Not yet, at least."

"Excuse me, but we have a problem," said one of the labcoats, then addressed Twilight and Dusk. "Are you sure you two performed the memory spell properly?"

"Yes, yes I did."

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"Well, judging by the memories I'm seeing here, the memory spell didn't work as effectively as it should, likely due to the teleportation spell used by your Prince and Princess in conjunction," explained the other labcoat. "In fact, I'm seeing no memories of him with anybody else except his 'mom'."

"Similar case here," said the one checking Dash.

"Oh no!" gasped Pinkie.

"Luckily, that can be fixed, and Surveillance is the key."

Timerity and Chronicle took out their Surveillance devices, activated them, then spoke the code word. "Code Word: Am Niece Eeea." The devices' screens began to flash white as the other side of the device 'opened' and revealed a strange protrusion that looked like a rabies collar, except the short end had a rod that shortly extended itself to a certain extent. These rods were then aimed at the friends they just rescued.

(A/N: It had taken the form of a satellite dish, but no such thing exists in Equestria Prime.)

"Surveillance is able to store all the memories of all of whom it tracks," explained the labcoat who had checked on Dash. "To prevent abuse, it's locked with that pass code you just heard, although it will be changed after this. Operation Slate Sentry will re-insert the memories Surveillance has stored into the subject. I won't explain the process since you probably won't understand it. As you obviously saw, this world is more technologically advanced than yours."

"Subject: Rainbow Blitz," a gender-neutral voice came from Timerity's Surveillance device.

"Subject: Rainbow Dash," a similar voice came from Chronicle's.

"Command: Restore Memory," said the labcoat checking on Dash.

"Memories not in database detected," said the Surveillances' voices. "Erase, Keep, or Lock?"

"What does that mean?" asked Rarity.

"Erase means that all the memories related to what they've been through for the past 15 years there will be removed before replacing them with the memories they have of their time with us," Timerity began. "It is the safest option, but it's not a moral choice for us."

"Keep means exactly that, but mixing memories can come back to bite you, especially if thoughts coming from the two different sets could conflict and greatly influence their decisions," Chronicle continued. "Our family is against such a thing happening."

"Lock is our third option. They will still remember their 'fifteen years off-world', but will not bring it up and act as if they never had those memories. And for 'security reasons', all your memories of your time in our world will be similarly locked. It's not the same as forgetting; you'll still remember all of this, it just won't influence what you do back home."

"Including this very conversation?" asked Berry.

"Of course. So, what's your decision?"

The ten ponies not native to Hub Equestria turned to face one another. This was a difficult choice to make, and much more so to even comprehend. But they owed it to Lord Record Keeper in finding their lost friend. And given what they do know about his children that hasn't been 'locked away', they can understand the situation they're in.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

"The right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred. No █████ ████ personnel may interfere with the healthy development of alien (foreign) life and culture. Such interference includes the introduction of superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely," Record quoted to Solaris and Celestia. "That's our Alien Non-Interference Clause, though it's not a completely rigid rule.

"That is why we haven't shared all this to every Equestria we cover. They need to be able to 'grow up' on their own. Some civilizations (which I'll call civs for short) that have failed to do so and grew up thanks to a more advanced one, they eventually fell apart when the advanced ones died out and weren't properly taught. Other civs reached their 'Golden Age' this way, but eventually destroyed themselves, and in a few cases also destroyed adjacent civs. There are so many things that can go wrong when you add a veteran in the middle of a game with beginners/intermediates. Not a good analogy, I know, but…"

"I appreciate your explaining why you can't share all this to our worlds," replied Celestia as the three alicorns flew over the town, overlooking the various sectors. It had the same general street-and-building positions as Ponyville, but it had a distinctive 'shortage' of farmland, and the forest nearby was less a place fraught with danger and had more of an 'obstacle course' feeling. And while there were pegasi and griffons in the sky, there were also a few strange contraptions 'driven' by non-pegasi in the air while they traveled.

"But, it's still kind of hard for us to believe your reason for sending your children in our worlds in the first place," added Solaris.

"Well, it wouldn't matter anyway. We've maintained the masquerade for so long that even with the truth told, you wouldn't believe it. Which is to our advantage. And please don't debate with me about the Clause. I am very well aware of its flaws and there is constant debate on what it really means." Record decided to land on top of one of the multistory buildings. The other two followed suit.

"I have a feeling you just led us out so we don't find out how exactly you would 'fix' the unnatural magic that was found in Rainbow Blitz and Rainbow Dash."

The head of the Timer family held back a chuckle. "Well, given all the explanations I provided you after what I wanted to tell you two, I didn't want to stall the entire process with lots of exposition. We wouldn't get much done if we kept explaining." Record let off a deep sigh. "That's one disadvantage of being technologically advanced and being a friendly civ. You two should seriously keep a closer eye on your star pupils; they inadvertently caused half of…certain problems my children had to fix, some of them bad enough I had to call in some favors like this one I did for you for fifteen days."

"And the other half?" Celestia inquired.

"Pinkie Pie and Berry Bubble. Very deceptively dangerous individuals if they set their minds to it. Thankfully, my kids have managed to exploit their penchant for promises to keep them in line."

"I see."

"Well, since you already figured out I was stalling, I think we should head back to where we left them. Thankfully, we're at the roof of that building they're in, so we'll just have to cruise down."

And that's what the three did. Celestia and Solaris marveled at the height of the building, even though it was just four floors. It was planned to become another apartment for the Story Crew recruits that come from the Equestrias the Timer family has covered.

The three touched down in front of the doorway, and then Record opened it. The two labcoats had the two Rainbows on their backs and everybody else was following them and about to leave the building when the door opened.

"The problem has been solved, sir!" reported the one carrying Dash. "However, it'll take a couple of hours, maybe a day at most, for the process to complete. We'll need to keep them here for a while in the event of some unforeseen error."

"Now this is a problem," grumbled Record. "I was hoping I would only take a few hours of your time, but given the circumstances, I wouldn't want Princess Luna and Prince Artemis to take over your daytime duties longer than they have to." He addressed his fellow alicorns. "You two at least need to go back to your worlds. I strongly advise the rest to go back as well and leave Rainbows Blitz and Dash to my children. I promise they'll be fine by the time they're ready."

"Aww!" complained Pinkie. "I was hoping we could stay and see a lot more of this world! Besides, the way back is always open, right? I know that with your policy of secrets we won't even remember—"

"I told you that you will remember," interrupted the labcoat carrying Blitz. "You'll just act like you won't in the presence of those not in the know. There's a clear difference."

"Staying around is not a good idea," Record said. "There are a couple of things here that can happen that you can't know about. Nothing illegal or shady, I assure you, but this place is a battlefield at least twice a week. I could get in serious trouble if any harm comes to you while you're here. I fact, I'm in enough trouble as it is bringing you here at all. If it weren't for the Pinkie and Berry Promises that have been imposed on my kids (and I know Promises had been made), I would've settled with retrieving the two Rainbows myself (in a sense), and then playing the part of the mysterious rescuer who brought them back."

"Why did you do what you did just so your children wouldn't break their promise?" wondered Solaris.

"Because they showed me what happens if a Promise like that is broken. Even I was scared of the consequences. I, who had engaged more than one draconequus in combat at a time (not necessarily all my myself), would not risk a broken promise because I also value them." Though our way of valuing them is by specifying our words so we won't technically break them if we ever seemingly have to.

The non-Hub Equestria natives took this and everything else they learned about their friends with the open-book-in-an-orange-circle cutie marks into consideration; all the secrets they're keeping, all the mind-blowing stuff, that they'll behave as if they won't remember all of this yet actually will, that the organization the Timer family belongs to has thought this through well ahead of time, and that they're (supposedly) the reason behind how most (but not all) fictional stories are made. The last one is known only to Solaris and Celestia.

Record gave another long sigh as he gestured for everybody to follow. Thankfully, they all did. "I'm sorry, but this is goodbye. Don't worry, you'll remember me if we ever meet again. It's time i took you back. I'll bring your friends back once they're…fixed, and you'll know they are once my kids return." He then sent a mental message to Celestia and Solaris that if anybody asks, they are the ones who rescued them.

"Unfortunately, we're staying, so you can be assured that somepony you trust is looking after them," Chronicle put in. "We'll be back, cross our hearts…"

"…hope to fly…" Timerity added, making this one of those Promises.

Her twin brother decided to go with it; the promise was quite simple and easy to go around. The two of them did the final motions. "…stick a cupcake in my eye."

Soft laughs came from their friends at this attempt to cheer them up a bit.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

The three Timers and two labcoats (who still have the two Rainbows on their backs) saw off the natives of Equestria Prime and Solaris Equestria as they returned to their worlds via the teleporters they used to come in. Once they were gone, Timerity turned to face her father and asked, "So what's the cover story they'll remember?"

"What they'll 'remember' is that the Prince/ss themselves cast the spell to take them to that other world, memories of the in-between period 'locked'. Once you return with the two Rainbows, they'll then remember discovering a little flub in the spell that needed the two to stay in Canterlot to recover while the memories were fixed up."

"Whoa," Chronicle let out a soft gasp. "MemLock can do that?"

The brown alicorn shook his head. "Not the ones you have. And it was a headache to work with." Memory mix-ups in the event of any personal meet-ups with Record Keeper again are prevented thanks to the nature of 'locked memories'; they are influenced not to only not have the memories influence their decisions, it also prevents them from being dwelt upon.

"Okay. So, what should we say to them once they wake up? And how are we going to make sure their memories, or the ones we'll be putting in, won't conflict with theirs?"

"First, we'll take them to our house here, let's go." The five ponies left the room with the teleporters and began to walk outside.

"There? How long has it been?" wondered Timerity.

"Three years. Or was it four? After that Draconequus Outbreak, time has gone wonky in a few places. Anyway, the second step is that we'll place them at two separate beds, and you two will be standing by there. Third, once they wake up, you should be the first pony they see, and then you'll cast a sleep spell. I'll be giving you a book of that shortly, if you haven't learned one already. Fourth, you'll be taking them back to your respective worlds via the special teleporters (not the portal mirrors), and follow specific instructions I will give you later."

"Lord Record took an entire day to plan this with Backup Planner Davis," commented the labcoat (still) carrying Blitz. The two of them had enough endurance to carry a pony for an hour or more.

"Davis?" Chronicle addressed his father. "As in your maternal grandpa Davis Thanatos? You didn't tell us he's here!"

"Well, he's stationed in Equestria-83 as Backup Planner. Seriously, he chose that name. And you didn't ask."

"Well, I wasn't under the assumption that our still-alive great-grandfather, or any grandparents (and other cousins twice/once removed) for that matter, would be among the ones under your jurisdiction."

"Not all of them preferred retirement or some sort of desk job, you know."

Timerity let off a laugh. "Wouldn't it be ironic if our friends here woke up right—"

"—now?" finished one of the labcoats. "I can feel him stirring."

"Same for her," said the other.

"Ugh," groaned Record. "Cast the sleep spell and turn them away from anything that can arouse suspicion." The alicorn then cast an invisibility spell on himself.

The two Rainbows were starting to open their eyes, but most of their vision was blocked by their respective Story Crew friend. Timerity also whispered for some reason, "I finally found you."

The labcoats then cast the sleep spell and the pegasi were in dreamland.

"Whoa. I didn't expect the Slate Sentry process to finish this quickly," remarked Chronicle.

"Well, it technically has," said the labcoat carrying Dash. "It's just that recovery normally takes one fifth of a day at least. Then again, we never had to do this on ponies before."

"I'm guessing this renders the 'take them home' part of the plan moot?" asked Timerity.

Record resumed visibility. "Yes. Time for you to return to where they came from. Come on." With that, her and Chronicle's alicorn father turned around to walk back to the special teleporter.

"Here you go," said the labcoat carrying Blitz as she passed him over to Timerity. "Do you know just how tiring it is to carry a pony for this long?"

"I can imagine."

The other labcoat passed Dash to Chronicle, and the two of them left.

SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM—SCFIM

A while later, the there Timers reached the teleporters, Record's horn already glowing as he started them up. His children got on the ones they each entered here from, their friends on their backs.

"Remember the plan?" he asked them.

"Yeah," affirmed the two, taking out sheets of paper that held the plan.

"Good. Stick to it, and improvise if you can't." Record then flared his horn, preparing the magic that will send his kids back to their assigned worlds.

As the runes glowed, Chronicle turned to face his sister and said, "You know, the ones past the Fourth Wall would regard you as emotional, and perhaps a bit stereotypical."

"Maybe. Only for those seeing your side," she retorted.

"…Touché. See you on the dreamscape."

Before they could say any more, the teleporters took them back to Equestria Prime and Solaris Equestria. There, they will enact Record's plan, stick around in Canterlot until the 'false memory' "becomes plausible". They would also reinstall a Surveillance camera, having been 'disconnected' from the impromptu world-hop.

He knew his children were competent enough not to screw this up, so he let out a huge sigh of relief. Finally, the Missing Rainbows Incident has drawn to a close.

Cricking his neck to alleviate the stress, he made his way back to his throne room, which was a long way from the teleporters. He still had a job to do. Oh, he does take breaks, but he's often just seated on his 'throne' overseeing the goings-on in Hub Equestria. While there was the occasional battle he has to take part in, since he's the only one who can take on Imperial Celestia, Corona Blaze, or any other invading alicorns (or draconequui) head-on, fighting the same foes over and over (with 'varieties' few and far between), he was slowly losing his mind from the boredom.

And while the recent events gave him something to do (as well as get to know a bit more about his relatives' assigned worlds), he had been driven more by his children's happiness. Yes, he did favor them over the others, he wasn't perfect. And it caused him to worry, which wasn't helpful at all.

Finally, he made it back to his throne, sat on it with a weary face, and the screens activated. And then one of his mirrors began to waver. Again? Rolling his eyes, he 'moved' the mirror over to himself and rolled his eyes again at what he saw as his reflection turned into whoever was on the other end.

It was two alicorn stallions. They looked like Princes Solaris and Artemis, assuming the latter didn't get much of his powers back and if the former shaved his beard and his hair was still pink (how beards were even possible for ponies Record will never know). They also had a too-casual look about them, although they seemed to have thought something through.

"Sun Bro, Moon Dude, have you come invite me to 'cosmos surf' again?" Record asked wearily.

"Actually, we wanted to apologize for continuously nagging you," replied Sun, the pink-haired alicorn replied. "It finally dawned on us that you weren't just shirkin' us 'cause you're a uptight snob." Record frowned at him for that remark.

"Shhhh-yah," agreed Moon, the blue one. "After you stopped that uncool tyrant █████ version of my bro three weeks ago, we should've realized you were real cool, but you were still actin' like a snob. We wanted you to relax, take a chill tonic." Record did his best not to roll his eyes at the non-mention of chill pill. "But then your wife's cuz Current Headline, who you sent here in our world, thought it was cool for us to know just what it is exactly ya do."

"Keepin' all of us safe like that, makin' sure our tales're known to the worlds beyond, sounds way cool, dude, cooler than just bein' a boring watcher. Your duty is real important. We won't impose you to go 'cosmos surfing' with us anymore."

"Actually…" Record began. "I'd like to try this 'cosmos surfing' of yours." Sun Bro and Moon Dude turned and faced one another disbelief as the brown alicorn cracked a smile. "I realize I'm getting lots of stress from my task, and that is not going to help me in the long run."

"But what about—" began Moon.

"The others can handle things while I'm gone. Just how long will this 'cosmos surfing' take? If anything should happen at Hub Equestria, I'll have to go back ASAP. Will I be able to do that?"

"Of course! We would never force you to leave your home in times of need. You know us better than that, right?"

"Do I? I'm not supposed to tell you this," Although the MemLock takes care of that. "But some Equestrias under my watch have had its share of irresponsible rulers."

"Dude," Sun replied, looking a bit cross. "Just because we don't act serious doesn't mean we aren't serious."

Record mentally slapped himself in the face as he groaned. "I know that, but while appearances can deceive, they don't always. I just wanted to be sure. So, when the earliest time I can go?"

"…What about right now?"

The 'leader' of the Timer family nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a plan."

Author's Note:

Thankfully, you will have footnotes here because the only thing that would be at the top is the disclaimer, which is already applied in almost every chapter anyway.

1. "Magical Britain" is a reference to Harry Potter, Halkagenia to The Familiar of Zero, "Mann's Land" to Team Fortress 2, "Middleton" to Kim Possible, "Valley of Peace to Kung Fu Panda, "Arendelle" to Frozen (Let it go!), and "Mid-Childa" to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. This is a nod to the tendency of popular Alternate Universe Fics for these (and countless more) works. I merely started with Equestria since this fanfic is an MLP fanfic. It's also a testament to more world-building on the Story Crew.

2. The quote I used here is pretty much the Starfleet General Order 1 (also known as the Prime Directive) in the Star Trek series, but replace 'Starfleet' with 'Story Crew', which I censored.
3. If you're a well-versed Disney fan, you obviously can tell that the name Davis Thanatos is simply a 'corruption' of the name David Xanatos, a popular villain from the Gargoyles series (and the "namer" for a couple of tropes in TV Tropes, particularly the Xanatos Gambit.)

Yeah. I realize that this fanfic has also become not just "the FiM series with an OC", but also an exposition on "my" Story Crew. And I apologize (again) for how I ended it. Up next is "The Mysterious Mare Do Well", and then "May the Best Pet Win!" will follow.

The reason I did not do "The Cutie Pox" is because it focuses on…well… Apple Bloom, and while Chronicle's a bit fond of her, there aren't much scenes there were I could implement him. Of course, as always, I'll reference it if I can.

I once planned on the Mane Six and Colt Six sticking around and perhaps meeting some of the other members of the Timer family, just so you know what other AU stories I'm following or know of, but I couldn't figure out how to do that without undergoing some sort of existential crisis of the Maneverse being… well…

Up next is "The Mysterious Mare Do Well". I know some (no, most) of you regard that episode as the worst ever, but that's exactly why I'm doing it; I want to complain about the not-brought-up consequences, and that's what Chronicle will do.

See ya on Third!

PreviousChapters Next