• Published 17th May 2013
  • 632 Views, 8 Comments

Tales of Vesperia: Discords Challenge - Streekersheep



Discord has taken the ponies of Equestria and threw them into a world they are unfamiliar with, Terca Lumireis.

  • ...
2
 8
 632

The Challenge Begins

Our world, Terca Lumereis. No one knows how far it's lands and oceans stretch, for the people are no match against the hordes of monsters that crawl the earth. Barriers protect the cities in which we live and we are completely dependant on them for our survival. These barriers are generated by the blastia. Blastia use the primeval power of aer that fills the world to provide us with fire, water, and light. They provide us with everything that has made the empire prosper. Perhaps one day we may even forget the threat of the vicious monster lying in wait, just beyond the barriers. The blessings of the blastia will bestow ever more prosperity to the world and peace to its people.

-Princess Estellise

--------------------

Rainbow Dash awoke slowly. The last thing she remembered was being sent through a portal and seeing a strange looking dark-maned creature. She slowly got up and looked around. She spotted a strange looking book on a nearby bed. She reached out to grab it with her hooves but stopped.

"What is that?" Rainbow Dash thought as she looked at the strange limb that she traced to her body before looking in a nearby mirror and seeing she was a creature like the one she saw in the portal.

She looked back at the book to see it was titled 'For Rainbow Dash'. She flipped it open hoping it would explain what had happened. Inside the book was a note with a quote by somepony named Princess Estellise which she quickly glanced over before moving onto what was written below.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

I know this is strange, but I owed the creator of this world money. The world is in trouble and the 'heros' went and got themselves killed so this world needs new heros. I decided you and your friends would be the best choice, so I rewound the clock and put you in the position of the heros. I'm not sure how far back I wound the timeline but I'm sure you will have fun. You will be the only one to retain your previous memories as any other pony will have the memories of the person they are replacing. Oh! Did I forget to mention I replaced the population of the world with the ponies of Equestria? Some you may recognize, some you may not. Also, to make the job easier, I changed you into this worlds main species, humans. I did you a favour and made it so you are already used to your new body so don't blame any of your tripping on me. Consider this a challenge, I know you love challenge.

-Sincerely, Discord

"Discord!" Rainbow dash growled before hear a familiar sound.

"Hoo" Rainbow Dash heard from the corner and turned to see Owlicious not only still an owl, but with a small scabbard and knife to go along with.

But as Rainbow Dash went to pet the only thing recognizable, a loud whoosh was heard from outside. She ran to the window to see a large flume of water rush past the house and showed no sign of stopping.

"Rainbow Dash! This is not good!" Rainbow Dash turned to see who the speaker was and saw that not only was the door to the room kicked down but a human version of Scootaloo stood in the doorway.

"Scootaloo? What's going on?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"The aque blastia is broken again!" Scootaloo said as she pointed to the water. "And they just finished fixing it."

"Aque blastia?" Rainbow Dash said giving Scootaloo a quizzical look.

"The thing that supplies us with water, remember?" Scootaloo replied.

"Right. Isn't there someone who can help with that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Do you mean the Imperial Knights? They never come to the lower quarter." Scootaloo replied. "I even tried to get Spitfire they wouldn't let me even see her."

"So Spitfire got sucked into this too..." Rainbow Dash thought. "So I have to do Spitfire's job huh?" Rainbow Dash said allowed.

"Doesn't matter, we need more people to help." Scootaloo said.

"Come on Scootaloo, we need your help here too!" Screamed someone from outside.

"I'll be right there in a sec!" Scootaloo yelled back. "Come one lets go!"

"Ok, lets go." Rainbow Dash said as she headed for the door.

"Wait! Aren't you going to grab your sword? I thought you never leave home without it." Scootaloo said.

"Right." Rainbow Dash said as she finally noticed the sword and scabbard on the wall. Rainbow dash grabbed them and started leaving with Owlicious following. As they reached the centre of town where the flooding was they heard someone yelling.

"We need to seal it off somehow!" Rainbow Dash recognized it as the voice of Mayor Mare.

For the third time that day, Rainbow Dash heard herself ask the same question. "What's going on?"

"Looks like that blue-blooded Mage we hired to fix the blastia left the job half done." Said another pony Rainbow Dash didn't recognize.

"Glad you could find the time to help, Rainbow Dash!" Mayor Mare yelled over the commotion. "Come one now, we need to get this done!"

"This is really bad. Mayor Mares going to get herself hurt." Said Rainbow Dash to herself.

A pony that overheard her replied. "She feels responsible. She's the one who pushed the people to get the money together for repairs."

"It's not her fault that Mage did a bad repair job." Rainbow Dash said as looked to see if she recognized anyone else. No one yet.

"That's true. She even parted with a family heirloom to help raise the money." Said the pony.

"Hey Rainbow! If you're not going to help out, stand clear! This is dangerous!" Yelled Mayor Mare who obviously not a mayor here. "Wait a second! Where's the blastia core! We need that core for the blastia to work!"

"It sounds like that Mage stole it. What was his name?" Rainbow asked.

"It's a miss, and her name was Sparkle." Replied Just Mare.

Rainbow Dash gasped. "What are you up to Twilight?" Rainbow thought before asking. "Where is she?"

"In the royal quarter. Forget about it though, give us a hand!" Said Mare.

"Sorry May- ahem, Mare. But I just remembered and errand I need to take care of." Said Rainbow Dash, anxious to find her friend.

"Hey, wait just a minute! Your not seriously thinking of going to Miss Sparkles place, are you?" Mare said as she looked up from her work. "Just because you have a bodhi blastia doesn't mean your invincible." Mare pointed at the object in question.

"What's this?" Rainbow asked as she just noticed the bracelet on her are that looked like her element of harmony necklace.

"Don't play stupid." Mare said before continuing her work. Rainbow Dash shook it off and headed to the only other way out, to the royal quarter.

After a bit of wandering around the middle quarter, Rainbow eventually manger to find her way to the royal quarter. In front of the gate were to guard ponies, similar to the ones in Canterlot Castle.

"Hey, did you hear about the blastia in the lower quarter?" One guard said to the other.

"Yes, I heard something about it breaking and them collecting money to fix it." Said the other guard.

"That's right. I hear that lot went as far as to sell their treasures to save up the money."

"Treasures, sir?"

"Worthless junk, nothing more. They wouldn't have gotten more than one Gald for them."

"Not even one Gald?! I can't imagine what sort of treasures those would have to be. I'd like to have a look, myself...."

"I'm telling you, nothing but junk!"

"How am I supposed to get passed those guys if they wouldn't even let Scoots in?" Rainbow Dash asked to no one in particular.

"Hoo." Said Owlicious as Rainbow remember she was there. Rainbow turned to see that Owlicious was holding to rocks which she payed in front of Rainbow.

"Good idea." Rainbow Dash said as she picked up and threw the rocks, knocking the guards unconscious. "Good thing Discord already got me used to this body. It's gonna suck not having wings though." Owlicious flew towards a nearby house which Rainbow assumed was were Twilight lived. Rainbow approached and knocked on the door.

"Doesn't seem like anyone's home...." Rainbow said disheartened. "We really need that blastia thing though. I wonder if there is another way I can get in?" Rainbow walked around the side of the house to find and unlocked window. "I can get in this way. Maybe Twilight is hiding somewhere inside..." Rainbow went to check upstairs when she heard a door open below. At the front door she saw a cloaked person holding what she guessed was a blastia core. "Found her!"

Owlicious flew in front of Twilight to prevent her from escaping. "Hey, Twi!" Yelled Rainbow as she ran downstairs. As Rainbow got close, the cloaked female threw something that caused a lot of smoke, and when the smoke disappeared so did she. Owlicious brought over a bag that Twilight left behind. "Good girl." Said Rainbow as she grabbed the bag. "What! It's empty! Lets go get that core! I don't want to, but I will hurt Twilight to get that core back." Rainbow said as she thought. "Maybe this is the trouble Discord spoke of. Maybe we can go home afterwards."

"Hoo." Owlicious replied as they exited the house.

Outside stood human versions of Snips and Snails who were clad in knight Armor. Snips held a sword and shield while Snails held a spear.

"Rainbow Dash! So it is you who is the cause of all this commotion." Said Snips.

"I know your poor, but breaking into an aristocrats house. Shame." Said Snails.

"Oh, you guys are here." Said Rainbow Dash with an annoyed look.

"Of course, it's our job!" Said both of them. Out in the background Rainbow saw Twilights cloak and ran forward but was stopped by the idiotic duo.

"You can't escape, we got you surrounded!" Said Snails as Twilight got away.

"I don't want to have to fight you." Said Rainbow as she unsheathed her sword for the first time. "But if it's to keep me out of jail...."

"Stand back Snips, I'll handle this." Said Snails

"No, I will be the one to take down this criminal." Said Snips. "Rookies should stand back."

"Your the rookie."

"No, I am your superior!"

"Are we actually going to fight or what? I'm getting bored." Said Rainbow.

"I am your superior!" Said Snails.

"No, you are only my partner!" Said Snips.

"Fine, I guess I'll get a little practice before you two actually fight me." Said Rainbow as she lunged at them and hit the young guards with her sword a few times.

"Oww!" Said both Snips and Snails.

"Are we going to start now?" Asked Rainbow again. "Well, let see what you two can do." Rainbow said as the idiots ran at her and attacked. Rainbow managed to block every one of there moves causing Snips to back off and and Snails to fall over.

"Sonic thrust!" Yelled Snips as he thrusted his sword at rainbow while his sword was engulfed in light. Rainbow barely managed to block it.

"What was that?" Rainbow asked.

"That was my arte that my bodhi blastia has allowed me to use." Replied Snips.

"So that's what that is." Rainbow thought as she backed up. She didn't think about her next action and yelled, "Rainbow wave!" As she slashed her sword across the ground causing a small multicoloured wave to move across the ground and knock Snips to the ground. "Whew, that can make someone tired quick, better not use it that often. It looked strong though."

As soon as soon as Snips got up, Rainbow had lunged at him and attacked with a combination of slashes and her new arte. The two where knocked out. "That was easier than I thought" Said Rainbow as she looked at the bodhi blastia on her arm. Very soon after a group of knights and a humanized Trixie approached Rainbow. "Well, I don't think I will be finding Twilight any time soon.

"How typical of the Carousel brigade. Can't even managed to catch a single lowlife." Said Trixie as Owlicious fled the scene. "Look, even his loyal pet abandoned him. It seems you have had a busy day Rainbow Dash. Do what ever you feel is necessary my colleagues, then throw her in the prison. 10 days should be long enough." Rainbow Dash was then beaten until she was knocked out.

When Rainbow Dash woke up she was in prison and she heard a familiar voice.

"So like I was saying, the their made off with a priceless treasure from the noble's mansion."

"Sounds like Rarity." Rainbow thought.

"I get it, then he was caught and the loot was returned, right?" Said a guard.

"No, that just the nobility trying to stop a commotion. The treasure that is currently in the mansion is a fake." Said Rarity.

"Your joking." Said the guard.

"No, I have no need to lie. The Dark Wings are going bonkers looking for the hideout." Said Rarity.

"You mean the thieves?" The guard asked. "Ahem, anyways, that's enough out of you prisoner, it's almost meal time." The guard then left.

"Hey neighbour! Are you awake?" Rarity asked Rainbow.

"Yes, is that story true?" Asked Rainbow sadly as she remembered her friends didn't remember her.

"Yea. Of course. I got eyes and ears everywhere. Ask me something, I'll tell you whatever you want to know."

"I'd like to know how to get out of here."

"I do not know why your here, but they will let you out if you keep quiet for ten days."

"The lower quarter will be gone by the time I get out...."

"Oh yea, I heard about the stolen blastia."

"I hope there ok."

"I'm sorry. That is one of the few things I don't know."

"I wonder how I'll catch Twilight."

"THE Twilight? Do you mean the famed Mage from Aspio?"

"Do you know her?"

"That information comes at a price."

"Famed Mage from Aspio, I think I'm good."

Just then a guard came down and opened Rarity's cell. "Out. Hurry up." Said the guard.

On her way out, Rarity tripped. "Heres the key, the exit is beneath the statue of the goddess." Said Rarity as she slipped a key under the bars to Rainbow's cell.

"I said hurry up." Said the guard. He looked important.

"Probably the head of the guards." Thought Rainbow, but then she recognized him. "Wait, that's Prince Blue Blood, or just Blue Blood now I guess."

"I did say I wanted out." Said Rainbow after Blue Blood and Rarity left.

Author's Note:

This took FOREVER to write. Feedback would be nice please. :) (also if someone could tell me how to get or make the pony emoticons, that would be great.)

Comments ( 8 )

okay Tales of vesperia is one of my favourite games and you know what?
This should turn out to be a great story as long as you don't change the plot too much.
i eagerly await more chapters :pinkiehappy:

2590379 I do not plan on changing the plot. I'm not good with making plot so making something like this makes things easier. Do not expect updates often because I'm playing the game alongside writing the story so that I can remember the plot. Also thanks for the feedback.

Tales of Vesperia is a great game. So you best make a good story. Also I got two guesses right to far as to which MLP: FIM characters took the place of which ToV characters. That being Twilight taking Rita's place and Rainbow taking Yuri's. Course those two were obvious becuase who else could replace Rita and Yuri in a MLP crossover of ToV? My other guesses are that Fluttershy is going to be Estelle, Spike or Pinkie(In my opinion Spike would fit Karol more than Pinkie would but its your story.) as Karol, Applejack as Judith. Rarity I was actually thinking about who she could have taken the place of when I started reading. Didn't think you would make her have Raven's part.

2593542 Raven complains a lot about being old. I can use that with Rarity, just substitute dirty for old.

2594823 Yeah I suppose that works.

this is only the second of the tales crossovers i have ever seen

Hm, very nice so far. I hope Fluttershy is Estelle, kind and generous people should stick together. :yay:

It's really great so far, I like it. Side thought: If Rainbow doesn't know what's going on though she might just say the wrong thing or maybe If Estelle(Fluttershy (maybe)) or Spitfire tries to recall Rainbow's past then she'll draw a blank. She won't remember her childhood friend and that'll tip them off something's up. Woo boy, wonder how Rainbow is gonna handle this.

I think it'll be hilarious if Rainbow Dash actually calls out Rarity's name instead of letting her think of one for herself. That should leave the wise old mare to be stupefied for once. Wonder if Big Mac is gonna be Duke... Stoic, silent, strong, bit wiser than ya might think; I think he'd play the role nice. Ugh, so many tangents and directions this could go for character roles. Super excited for this one. :pinkiehappy: Just had a random thought: Luna as Belius? :duck: Would be nice cause then Celestia could be The Don. Now that'd be a laugh.:rainbowwild:

It's real nice piece but you should probably get a proofreader. Some tenses need fixing, possessives need apostrophes, and some other minor fixes need to be done and it's only 2,000ish words. I'll do it if you need one but if you don't then so be it. I wish you luck all the same, even if this thing is going to be done at a moderate pace.

2594823 This was last updated nearly two years ago. Why u no update

Login or register to comment