• Published 15th May 2013
  • 2,233 Views, 47 Comments

Invisible Walls - Harmony Charmer



Caroline is swung into Equestria, where she and Pinkie Pie form a bond unlike any other... One that destroys the fourth wall itself.

  • ...
9
 47
 2,233

Chapter 3:BOOM! Now we have a party!

I was starting to regret saying I would work to stay. Rock farming was hard. Never take it up as a profession. Ever. It's hard, gruelling work. I really had no idea just how depressing it was to do it. No talking, no smiling... just rocks. And guess what I learned? They don't use wagons. They PUSH the rocks into piles. But, with me carrying rocks in my arms, work went by faster for the ponies. At least, that's what Mr. Pie told me later on. And when the work bell rang at the end of the day, I was exhausted. Mr. Pie and the others had already gone in while Pinkie and I were outside. "Man, I am tired!" I exclaimed, stretching my arms out. Pinkie sighed sadly in reply. Seeing her sad face made me upset and I was thinking of something to say; but no thoughts came to my mind.

Then, a loud BOOM echoed thorughout the sky. A large circle of beautiful colors made a perfect ring, which expanded, causing a large gust of wind to rush by us both. The colors of that boom were so bright and beautiful as it grew larger and slowly began to dissipate. A surge went through my entire body, electrifying and warm. I had never seen something so beautiful in my life. Pinkie Pie's eyes brightened , her hair curled crazily from the wind and the corners of her mouth slowly began to rise. And when they fully rose, a surge of happiness and joy filled my very being. Pinkie's smile was the biggest and most genuine I had ever seen in my lifetime. Her eyes were so bright and colorful, I could spend an eternity watching them. Pinkie had found joy; but she wasn't the only one.

The rainbow slowly faded away, but our happiness didn't. "Pinkie," I breathed, looking at the pink filly. Pinkie looked away from the area where the rainbow was. "You felt it, too, didn't you?" Her question took me a moment to register. "Yes," I admitted, "that was- amazing." Pinkie and I looked up at the sky again, trying to make sense of how one little rainbow could create such a feeling. Pinkie looked up at me again, this time sad. "How come other ponies can't feel this way?" She asked, which of course made my heart break. Everypony deserves this feeling. Everybody deserves this feeling. If people knew what this feeling we felt was- anger and hatred would be a thing of the past. I shook my head of those thoughts. Nobody in my world could ever feel the way I did. Nobody. Nobody had seen that rainbow. Not the way I had. Suddenly, an idea came creeping into my mind, and I silently thanked Gilda for being a grump. I turned to the pink filly beside me and smiled ear to ear.

"Pinkie, do you want to throw a party?"

* * *

If you ever think about helping somepony reach their destiny, all I can say is, it is hard. Harder than rock farming. But, nonetheless, fun! Pinkie and I had a little bit of trouble trying to make cupcakes. First off, the ingredients; I could not, for the life of me remember how to make cupcakes. My home ec. training disappeared when I stepped into that kitchen. I made pancakes that day! Why couldn't I make any cupcakes for goodness sake? "How are we supposed to make cupcakes if we don't know how?" Pinkie's lower lip started warbling. I began panicking and tried to frantically to remember how to make the treats I had made millions of times. Suddenly, one of my old rhymes came to my mind and without thinking, I began singing.

All you gotta do is take a cup of flower, add it to the mix!

I threw a cup of flour into the bowl. Pinkie was surprised at my sudden burst of song.

Now just add a little something sweet, not sour!

A bit of a salt, just a pinch!

I picked Pinkie up and began twirling her around after a quick flash of movement of putting salt and sugar in the mix.

Making these treats is such a cinch!

Add a teaspoon of vanilla!

Add a little more and you count to four

and you never get your fill of-

I placed Pinkie down and began twirling around to the song.

Cupcakes! So sweet and tasty!

Cupcakes! Don't be too hasty!

Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes!

It had only taken a moment to realize that I had just sung in what seemed like a million years. I looked down at Pinkie, frightened by what she would say. She stared at me strangely, then, surprisingly, burst into laughter and began singing the song back to me, in perfect pitch. I swear to Celestia, I almost cried.

The second problem was decorating said cupcakes when they were baked. There was absolutely NO frosting anywhere. So, Pinkie and I had to sneak away and buy frosting. Well, Pinkie did. I stayed hidden from the other ponies. And when we finally got back, we spent forever decorating them. I spent an hour teaching Pinkie how to decorate the cupcakes and make them look like hers from the show. We made cupcakes every color of the rainbow and placed them accordingly on a cupcake stand she bought.

And then came the cake. Pinkie and I had agreed on making a big cake, three levels to be exact. It had been awhile since I made a cake that size in a short amount of time(the last time being at my older cousin's wedding.) After several hours of work on the food, then came the decorations. Pinkie and I put streamers on every nook and crany of the silo and party hats were placed everywhere. Not wanting everypony to fill up on junk food, Pinkie had gone to Sweet Apple Acres and grabbed a bunch of apples(I bet she met filly Applejack while she was there, who, I didn't know at the time, had earned her cutie mark that same day). Finally, came the music. Pinkie and I had scrounged up an old record player from a storage room and played a record with bouncy and vibrant music. The party was ready.

I heard footsteps from outside and Clyde say, "We better harvest the rocks from the south field..." I ran over to the record player and played the music loud enough for the family to hear. "Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?" Mrs. Pie shouted. Pinkie bounced over to the door and opened it. "Mom! I need you and Dad and the sisters to come in! Quick!" I could tell they were confused, but I knew they were going to come in. When the family came in, their faces were priceless.

"Do you like it? It's called- A PARTY!"