• Published 15th May 2013
  • 2,233 Views, 47 Comments

Invisible Walls - Harmony Charmer



Caroline is swung into Equestria, where she and Pinkie Pie form a bond unlike any other... One that destroys the fourth wall itself.

  • ...
9
 47
 2,233

Chapter 1: Blank Flanks...? AND THE EVERFREE FOREST?

"Hello?" asked a voice.

"Do you think it's alive?" asked another.

"Of course it is! It's breathing, Inkie!" shouted the third.

I tried to open my eyes, but they stuck together in that annoying way they do. I let out a groan and I heard a squeal. "It's awake! Run!" As I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I heard little hurried steps. "Huh? Wait, don't leave!" Despite not knowing who they were, I didn't want to be left alone; I'm pathetic like that. I heard them skid to a halt. "Y-you can talk?" said a small voice. I opened my eyes and I nearly fell back to ground.

Three little ponies were standing just a few feet from me, looking absolutely petrified. One of the ponies looked almost exactly like Pinkie Pie, except her hair was straight and her flank was bare. This couldn't be Pinkie Pie, could it? Plus, there was no way I could ever be in Equestria. And, since I wasn't exactly an expert on background ponies at the time, considering I was new to the show, I didn't know who the other two were.

"Who are you? What are you?" asked the dark gray filly next to her. I stood up, which scared them enough to take a few steps back. I suddenly realized how short I was in this world or dream, whatever it was, but nonetheless, tall compared to the fillies in front of me. "It's alright. I won't hurt you," I said in an attempt to calm them down. The ponies didn't budge.

"My name is Caroline. And I'm, uh, a human." Revealing who and what I was seemed to calm them down, but only slightly. The three fillies looked at one another and back at me. "Is that a type of monster?" asked the pony only a shade lighter than the other gray filly. Who were these ponies? And why were they with this Pinkie Pie look-alike? I didn't say anything, for fear of frightening them. Much to my surprise, the pink pony stepped up. "Caroline is such a strange name," she said quietly. I was taken aback by this, then realized ponies had different names from humans. "Well, yes. It's common, where I'm from."

The dark gray filly walked up and sniffed my pajama bottoms. "You smell weird. Where are you from, anyway?" I could tell she was the most curious of three ponies, which sent a shiver down my spine, considering Pinkie was the cat that got away from curiosity on multiple occasions. "Uh, not from around here is all I can say," I said. I then looked around me and froze.

Dark tendrils hung overhead and the sun was hidden. This place looks familiar... I thought, feeling cold all of a sudden, too familiar... It took me moment to realize it and my eyes widened to the size of saucers. I looked back at the fillies in front of me. "What are you three fillies doing in the Everfree Forest? It's dangerous here!" The three fillies glanced up in shock and then looked down in shame. "It was Blinkie's idea! She wanted to see if it was as scary as everypony says!" the light gray pony shouted accusingly, pointing at the dark gray filly. Blinkie's glare clarified her claim.

I glanced at her and sighed. I was so used to the blame-game from over the years, and it was really starting to get on my nerves. "Passing the blame isn't going to fix anything now is it?" She looked down and dragged her hoof over the ground. "Come on; let's just get out of here before any ghosties get us, " I said, pushing them along. Pinkie nudged my leg. "We don't know where we are; we're lost," she said, tears warbling in her eyes.

Do you have any idea how heart-breaking it is to see someone you admire greatly cry? If you do, then you can imagine the large crack it left in my heart. Not wanting to see the filly cry, I picked her up and held her in my arms(she was surprisingly light). "It's alright, darlin'," my dang accent seeped through as I said it, "we'll find a way out." She looked up at me and my chest ached when I saw her try to smile. But, it immediately fell down. I put the pink pony down and started walking in a direction. The ponies exchanged glances, but followed.

* * *

I don't know how long we walked, but by the time we had gotten out of the forest, Celestia had set the sun down. I learned things about the ponies on the way out. Apparently, the pink pony I was seeing was Pinkie Pie, but she sure didn't act like it. The light gray filly's name was Inkie, and they were all triplets. I looked up at the moon and felt a stab of pain in my heart. Poor Luna... I thought, I can't express how much love you deserve...

Ponyville looked exactly like the animators had designed it, amazingly. "So," I said, looking back down at them, "Where's your house at?" The three fillies looked at each other and then around. "This isn't where we came in; we don't know where we are," said Blinkie. Suddenly, Inkie yawned loudly and Pinkie began to sway slightly. Even Blinkie, the most energetic of the three I learned, looked wiped. I sighed and lifted each pony off the ground. I wrapped my arm under each of them and held them there.

"You little fillies need rest," I said, readjusting them in my arms, "I just need to know where your house is." Pinkie looked up lazily and said sluggishly, "Our house is near the forest... It's near Rumbling Rock Ridge..." Having NO idea where that was, I began to walk alongside the river that was by the forest praying to Celestia and Luna nothing bad would happen.

Author's Note:

Sooooo, Caroline's in Equestria! Blinkie and Inkie got their names because of the fandom.