• Published 13th May 2013
  • 5,519 Views, 353 Comments

Free to Fly - I am not a Dalek



Sequel to Trapped. Rainbow Dash and Soarin' are both out of the hospital, and have one month to spare before Soarin' returns to the Wonderbolts HQ.

  • ...
5
 353
 5,519

Prologue

Prologue

Merely a week ago, Rainbow Dash thought that it was going to be a normal day in Ponyville, little did she know, there would be an accident that would change her life.

Merely a week ago, Soarin’ thought it would just be another normal show, little did he know, there would be an accident that would change his life.

Rainbow Dash and Soarin’ were trapped as they fought for survival. They had lost all hope of escape, yet they still hung on and the only thing that was keeping them clinging on to the last thread of life was each other.

Both were aware of how they felt for one another, though they were either too ‘cool’ or too ‘awesome’ to admit to these sappy feelings.

They have felt this way for each other ever since the Grand Galloping Gala, and this accident has only brought them closer together, making their feelings grow stronger and flourish. Finally allowing them to accept their feelings for each other.

Here they are now finally safe as they stand outside Ponyville’s only hospital. Their lips are pressed together as they share their very first kiss. Their hearts are pounding together and their breathing is strong as they ignore their friends and the ponyrazzi; they ignore the sky that is beginning to darken with rainclouds. All they can think about is each other. Their taste, their smell, their touch. Never wanting to let go.

Rainbow Dash smiles against Soarin’s lips as she steals a glance and his face which she would describe as ‘perfection.’ She is the last pony any pony would expect to fall in love, yet here she is falling in love in the same way you’d fall asleep. Slowly, then all at once.

Rainbow Dash is the pony that is seen as tomcoltish and athletic, she only seems to care about winning, never really any pony else. That was why it was quite a shock to every pony when she was named the Element of Loyalty. Who would have thought, the cockiest pony ending up being the Element of Loyalty and falling in love?

Soarin’ takes a step closer to Rainbow Dash as he gently caresses her face with his wing. He smiles at the smoothness and softness of her fur against his feathers. Her touch makes him want to melt inside or fly up into the sky full of happiness.

Soarin’ is seen as the fool of the team. No pony ever seems to take him seriously. He is called a numerous amount of names such as: Dope, Oaf, Foal. If his own friends can’t take him seriously, how can the mare of his dreams do so? Every pony seems to think that he will never end up with a mare. Even Spitfire has lost faith in him after his fiftieth failed date, Spitfire is supposed to be his best friend, yet she has decided that he is too dopey to find a good enough mare. Who would have thought that he’d end up with the mare of his dreams?

No pony would ever put them two together since they seem to come from different lives. One is from a life of fame and fortune, wishing to spend time with the other. The other is from the boring life of a weather pony, who dreams to be up in the sky with the other.

These two Pegasi are perfect for each other, both athletic, both judged strongly by society. No pony accepts them for who they really are. Deep down, both of them are afraid but that is what makes them seem so full of themselves, they seem like the ones with no problems because they are so good at hiding it from other ponies.

That is why they’re perfect for each other. They bring out each other’s emotions; they allow each other to let it all out. Rainbow Dash, a Pegasus who hasn’t cried since she was in flight school, finally let it out with Soarin’, she finally showed some pony how she really feels.

Without him, she is just a bottle of hurt and anger, waiting to break. Without her, he isn’t taken seriously and all his feelings seem to be thrown aside.

The two Pegasi step apart, staring at each other with flushed cheeks and swollen lips. Their breathing in sync with each other as their eyes glisten in the light. The kiss they just shared felt like hours, but it must have only been minutes, for they still have a crowd of people standing around them.

Their friends begin to cheer in joy as the two Pegasi smile widely at each other.

Spitfire flies into the sky as she yells, “About time, you slow pokes!” Indicating that she knew all along that this was going to happen. Perhaps she did have faith in Soarin’, after all.

Pinkie Pie giggles and bounces around every pony singing, “I told you so, I told you so! Let’s have a party! We should totally have a party!”

However, the overexcited party pony is told to wait until next time by her fellow Elements of Harmony.

The clouds finally give out, sending a flood of rain on top of all the spectators. Ponies laugh and giggle as they get drenched to the bone. All the fear of the past few days finally fade away and the accident at Ghastly Gorge has almost been forgotten. Almost.

Rainbow Dash and Soarin’ share a glance through the rain as they try and blink the water out of their eyes. Their manes are plastered to their face and they are beginning to shiver from the iciness of the water.

“Should we go home?” Dash smiles at the Wonderbolt beside her.

Soarin’ smiles and nods enthusiastically. “Sure, let me just say goodbye to Spit.”

Rainbow Dash watches as the Pegasus walks off before walking over to bid her farewells to her own friends, telling them that she will catch up with them tomorrow. She turns around and bumps into Soarin’ but he catches her as she stumbles backwards.

She hides her blush as she looks up at Soarin’. “Let’s go, but remember you’re still sleeping in the spare room.” The cyan Pegasus smirks and flies off into the sky.

Soarin’s face is filled with a slight disappointment for a brief second before he follows the mare into the sky.

He feels like the happiest colt alive.

They’re free, they’re together. Nothing could go wrong.

Author's Note:

Okay, so this is the first chapter! Like in the previous story, the Prologue and interludes will all be in third person where as the rest will be in Dash's point of view.
I'm not too sure about this chapter but I thought it would be a good idea to give another aspect on their feelings for each other, tell me what you thought!
Thank you for all your support on the last story guys, if you haven't read that and you're slightly confused Click here for Trapped!
Until next time
<3