• Published 21st May 2013
  • 3,082 Views, 185 Comments

Reign of the shy-pony - The_Swedish_Horror



When even Fluttershy usurps the throne things are indeed rotten in the land of Equestria...

  • ...
12
 185
 3,082

The battle of the courtyard

When Blossomforth entered the room she found the tyrant ruler of Equestria lying on a divan, eating strawberries dipped in chocolate. Spitfire was standing right beside her, dressed in a toga and fanning her with ostrich feathers on a golden stick. The former wonderbolt didn't look too happy about it... Sitting at the foot of the throne was Derpy Hooves, advisor and archchancellor. The wall-eyed creature had quickly became one of the most influential ponies to the new regime.

"There is a pony waiting in the courtyard that wants to speak to you, almighty ruler and goddess!" Blossomforth said with a deep bow.
"A pony? Is it Rainbow Dash?! Tell me!"
"No. An earth pony."
"Oh. Doesn't it know that the castle is closed until... certain details have been taken care of? And how did she even get past the guards? She can't just trot right in here and expect me to have time for the likes of her!"
"I don't know... She demands to speak to you anyway, your divine highness."
"Well, go and tell her to go away! I have no time for this kind of mundane things... And, Blossomforth, come back here when you're done. I need your help to transform this lavish castle into a fortress. I have already ordered all windows to be filled up with bricks and barbed wire to be put on the walls. But I was thinking... Maybe we should also make the barbed wire electric? Just in case."
"Electric?"
"Yes. For protection. I don't want any nasty surprises... If my subjects should revolt I certainly don't want to be dragged around the walls of Canterlot and pelted with rotten apples."
"Princess Fluttershy! That's preposterous! Why in the whole of Equestria would they want to do a horrible thing like that?!"
"Um... f-for no particular reason? No reason at all! Maybe if they... they would assume, incorrectly of course, that I somehow happened to accidently... um... never mind," Fluttershy said while slowly crushing a strawberry. "He he... Now get going, please!"
"Right away, wise ruler!"

* * *

Twilight opened her eyes. She was still in the dark, foul sewers of Canterlot. And the hooded creature was right beside her...
"Death!" she gasped, almost fainting again.
"No, silly. It's only me!" the creature said and revealed its pink face underneath the hood.
"Pinkie Pie?!"
"Mhm!"
"But why? And how?!"
"I'm hiding in the sewers. Do you want a cookie?"
"Why are you hiding in this horrible place?"
"Oh, it's not that bad. Once you get used to the smell, it's really a nice place. I'm hiding from Fluttershy."
"Fluttershy? Did she try to throw you in jail too?!"
"No, I'm hiding from her because she is acting totally crazy and I know crazy when I see it. She's going bananas. Do you know why?"
"No, Pinkie... I don't know why."
"She is scared."
"Scared?! But she is the... scary thing herself! She stole the crown, threw me and Spike and Shiny in jail and on top of that she even robbed a bank! Also she wants to blow up Canterlot! She is EVIL!"
"That doesn't stop her from being scared too. She knows that she had done a very, very bad thing and now she has lost control over the whole situation. And that makes Flutters a scared pony. Never trust a scared pony."
"But why? Why did she do it in the first place? I can't believe that a nice, kind pony like Fluttershy could do such an evil thing just out of the blue..." Twilight said.
"Well, I don't know. Maybe she went loco in the coco when she for the first time had a taste of power? Like that time when we had a party and there was a delicious chocolate cake and I had a bite of that cake, and the cake was really yummy and I just shoved my head into the cake and it was really good and... Oh, where was I? Never mind. You see, Flutters have never been in charge of anything. And other ponies can be quite mean to her... Which is really bad, since she is very sensitive and vulnerable. And suddenly they all seemed to love her for once, like she was a delicious chocolate cake. No, a lemon cake, since she is yellow. But not the same nuance, since she has the same colour as butter... Can you imagine a cake made entirely out of butter? That wouldn't be as good as a lemon cake, of course. And I like lemon cake. Fluttershy is definitely a lemon cake. I must ask her for the recipe as soon as she has been dethroned."
"Pinkie! Stop rambling about cakes! And how do you know all this?"
"Just guessing. Or she could be under some spell, I don't know. But I like my explanation better since it has cakes in it... Oh, sorry."

* * *

One of the elaborate windows in Futtershy's throne room shattered in a rain of broken glass and something white and armour clad landed on the red carpet with a thud. It was Blossomforth and she had a bump on her head and a black eye. All the ponies in the ancient hall stared at her in shock and disbelief.
"Ouwww..." she groaned.
"What the HAY?!" Fluttershy asked, dropping her last strawberry.
"The... pony outside... she... just threw..."
"FLUTTERSHY! You VILE, DECIEVING DASRTARD! Come OUT!" a voice sounded from the courtyard below.
"That's impossible! I-it cannot be..."
"I AM princess Celestia, you CUR! Come out and fight me YOU COWARD! Pony against pony!"

Fluttershy unfurled her wings and fluttered away to the window, closely followed by Derpy Hooves and Spitfire. Trough the Blossomforth-shaped hole in the glass she could se a lone earth pony standing in the middle of an empty courtyard.
"What an idiot... She is alone, my princess! You could totally kick the stuffing out of her in an epic duel! Now is the chance!" Spitfire suggested with a menacing glimmer in her eyes. "It will be a quick fight!"
"B-but... what if... what if she is...?"
"She is an earth pony! And you're an alicorn, for Pony's sake! You could crush her like a fly!"
"No... I mean yes, I could totally take her on, all by myself.... But instead I will send in all of my troops. Just in case. I just don't feel confident enough to fight a battle that there is even a microscopic possibility that I could lose. I want to be two hundred percent sure. Sound the alarm! Mobilize the troops!"
"But princess..."
"We have plenty of time. Seal all the gates. I shall watch this from a safe distance, where I'm sure nothing bad can happen to me..." the princess said, wringing her hooves.
"Your chicken-hearted cowardice baffles me!" said Spitfire.

At first there was a shocked silence in the room. The alicorn's lip began to tremble a little, as if she was about to cry. Then she turned directly towards Spitfire.
"How dare you?! How DARE YOU?!!" Fluttershy screamed, her eyes darkening with rage.
"Oups, I didn't meant to say that out loud... Sorry."
"That comment really hurt! I am not.. entirely spineless!"
"I didn't meant to..."
"If you think that low of me I'll... I.. I'll FIGHT HER! LET's DO this! YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!"

And with this fearsome battle cry Fluttershy blew the remaining glass away from the window and descended onto the courtyard in a big leap, her horn glowing with magic and her wings spread out.
"You finally came!" Celestia said with a smile.
The alicorn raised her head and shook her horn. Magic was flowing trough her.
"I will beat you up and show the world once and for all who is in charge, Celestia! Um, if that's okay with... NO! I don't need your permission! I'll beat you up anyway!"
"Oh shut up, you wretched, incompetent, despicable... turnip! You'll probably just trip on your fake tail and run away crying."
"Nopony makes fun of my tail!" Fluttershy screamed, stomping her hooves in anger. "It looks CUTE! EVERYPONY thinks it looks cute! They all said it, and they didn't lie! Applejack said it was cute, and she can't lie so that means that it is cute, no matter what you might imply!"

With a blast from her magic force she threw Celestia across the cobblestones like she was a ragdoll. The raging tyrant then lowered her horn and charged at full speed.
In the last moment Celestia rolled to the side and kicked away Fluttershy's leg, sending her tumbling trough the air and crashing into the castle gates, knocking them wide open.
"I'll take you down easily, even without my powers!" Celestia cried in triumph. "Your chronic bad confidence will get the better of you!"
"No! Don't you DARE saying things like that!"
Fluttershy got up on her hooves and tore one of the gates from its hinges. She then threw it at her like a projectile. It missed Celestia's head by an inch and shattered against the walls in a rain of broken wood.
"Can't even aim straight!"

In her rage Fluttershy blasted the whole courtyard with a magic shockwave, breaking the glass in all the windows nearby and tearing up the cobblestones from the ground. Sharp pieces of glass and blocks of granite whirled around her like a tornado of destruction. It slammed into the walls of the castle, knocking away the plaster in little puffs of dust.
Celestia had to take cover, pressing her body against the earth to avoid getting hit by the whirling debris.
Then Fluttershy dropped all the murderous projectiles and instead she lifted the former princess by the neck with a levitation spell. Celestia dangled in the air in front of her like a helpless kitten.
"I have you now, my little pet... What shall I do with you? I can think of so many, many things right now... Do you beg for mercy?"
"Bite my shiny cutie mark!" Celestia said with a defiant look in her eyes.
"No. I rather not. Instead I will punish you in a far more creative way..."

* * *

"What is that noise from above?" Twilight asked, holding a hoof to her ear. "It sounded like stones falling..."
"Oh, no! I hope it's not a ghost! Or a zombie-pony! A zombony! Or a zony? I don't even know what they're called!" Pinkie cried with a strange twitch in her tail. "Twitchi twitch! It means..."
"That something is going to fall on my head?"
"No! It means that Fluttershy is up to no good!"
"What? How could you possibly know that?"
"Are you sarcastic, Twilight? Or are you genuinely baffled? I just can't tell... All I know is that we must hurry! Quick! Follow me! Also, Celestia is in danger."
"WHAT?!!"

Both ponies galloped trough the sewers and reached a hall with a great iron door. Right next to the door was a lever.
"Look a door! Where does this lead?" Pinkie said with a confused look in her eyes. "Don't open it, Twilight! What if it leads to the zombonies?!"
"No, Pinkie... I am absolutely, positively one hundred per cent sure that this door leads to into the basement library of Canterlot castle."
"Are you sure?"
"Absolutely. I know this things well, you know. I guarantee. I am born here in Canterlot and as a little filly I often used to explore the surroundings of Celestia's castle... Especially the different libraries. And that door is definitely the door to the basement library. Oh, how I loved to sit there and read."
And with a smile Twilight pushed the lever. The door swung open and on the other side was a little cleaning closet with brooms, buckets and floor mops.
"Oups..."

* * *

Meanwhile a little purple dragon was sitting outside the castle, sad and lonely. Spike felt like he had been completely forgotten and left out by everypony in all this turmoil. It wasn't fair! They should ask him for help, not just run away to do stupid things without even bothering about telling him where they went. And by "them" he essentially meant Twilight.
"I don't like sitting here, doing nothing. What if I had some awesome superpower that would completely save the day? I am a dragon, for Pony's sake! You just don't forget to bring a dragon with you on your quest!" he said and kicked away a pebble. "It isn't fair! I feel so neglected. I don't even know what's going on anymore... And I don't care! Maybe Twilight is having an awesome adventure or something, but I really don't care about it! Well, maybe I care a little... Maybe I should do something. Yeah, I probably should do something."

Then he went away to buy an ice-cream cone.