• Published 6th May 2013
  • 2,995 Views, 141 Comments

Wubs North of the Border - Captain Scrappie



You know when your life is ruined when you and your friends start turning into ponies. Not a fan, let me tell you. ((Side story to Five Score Divided by Four))

  • ...
13
 141
 2,995

((Update))

Ugh... You guys, I don't think I want to keep doing this. It's becoming close to the next school year and I'm running out of steam, ideas and I'm just not having fun doing it. So, I'm sorry to say that I'm cancelling this fic. I know you guys want more but I'm just out of it and I can't find time to write half of the time. Not to mention I need to get my crap together for college (I've got a year to learn Blender and make a portfolio, WHEE!)

I don't even know why you guys like this crap (not that I question your taste). But yeah... Sorry.

Comments ( 29 )

3102906 WHY DO YOU EVEN LIKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!?

It's always disheartening when a story with more than one hundred likes has to cancel because the author isn't confident or has blockage. Can't you just hiatus and wait it out until you can write again? I really liked this!

3103008 I would but I've got a lot on my plate. My god I hate grade 12 with all of my heart. And I'm not even in it yet!

Hey, want me to pick up on the fic some time? I wouldn't be able to do it now, but I could eventually.:duck:

A writer can rarely see why people like his own works. Heck, people in general can rarely see why people like things they have made. But as long as someone DOES like it, there will be a reason to keep trying...

Of course, we can't MAKE you keep writing. Just... Don't give up on writing and maybe come back to this at some point? It's not a bad fic and I, for one, would like to see more of it in the future.

I actually went through this exact same problem over on Fanfiction.net as I approached my senior year, too. Almost quit writing completely. But then, in my year 12, I wrote the story that defined me as a fanfic writer. What changed is that I found someone that kept me going. That had faith in me. I have faith in you.

Writing isn't always easy. That's why they call them WORKS of art. It takes effort. What matters is that you get back up and keep trying.

Anyway... Heartfelt booster plea conveyed... I hope you can find the confidence to keep going.

-=C=-

People don't like stories without reason. They appreciate good writing, and intriguing premises. This had both. I know that you can't do this this year because of unprecedented circumstances, but please, for those who wanted to see this, and me, because I'm a greedy bastard, put this on hiatus, instead of outright cancellation, so that one day we can see this again.

I wish you the best regardless of your choice, and hope that 12th doesn't kill you.

Comment posted by Tantalus deleted Aug 25th, 2013

I did like this story :raritydespair: but I understand.

Upsetting. Maybe someone else can continue it.

You need not cancel this.
School always takes priority in these situations.
Leave the fic on a hiatus status at the moment.

Then when the opportunity arises, return to it as you see fit.
Give it time and patience. You're not running on a deadline to make these chapters.
Work on a different project instead of devoting your all into this one.
It is all too easy to grind yourself into mental exhaustion when focusing on a single task.

Give yourself time to recuperate, however much it may be.
Don't exhaust yourself lad.

Eh, i like the story, it was well written and fun to read but if it does not works out then it doesn't works out.
Good luck with the school year, hope you'l pass.

3102908 because it's a good story and by celestia you did vinyl spectacularly. this story not updating is gonna be a downer for weeks. but it is your choice, love tolerate and plan cataclysmic vengence is that not the way?

((Update))

Reads.

FUCK.

This is THE, WORST, POSSIBLE, THING! :raritydespair:

I know how you feel. Sometimes, when I see comments like, "Why hasn't this updated?" I assume they're flukes. However, I was really liking this story in Five Score Verse. In fact, it was among my favorites. It really is a shame to see this one be cancelled. However, I wish you luck with whatever you're doing in real life!

Well this is disappointing. I was loving this story. Maybe you could just put it on hiatus until you have free time to update. I think everyone else would love that too :)

NOOOOOOOOOO!:pinkiesad2:

well this was a downer

this will still always be in my top 5 for five score fics because it was really well written,funny and got me into five score and fanfics:twilightsmile:

I was all like "YAY an update! :pinkiehappy:" then I was all like "Aww.. an update.:fluttercry:"

ugh... this is like walkng to the bakery to order the cake, only when you buy it the lady at the counter drops it on the floor....
no more cake.

This is unfortunate, but I'm glad you told us the truth and didn't keep stringing us along. Fics that never update and abruptly end are the worst.
Thanks for writing and hope you do well in your endeavors.

It's sad to see a story like this get canceled. All that potential, wasted. I feel like you could've gone much farther with this, Captain Scrappie. You are a better writer than you think. Perhaps you could allow somepony else to continue this story for you? Regardless of your decision, I wish you the best in life.

It was one of the better-written 5*20/4 fics.

Awww, this was one of my favorite side-fics. I'm sorry to see you end it.

lol, ponies.


That is all. Equestria is ours.

:rainbowwild::derpytongue2:

So many fics closing down...

It's a pity this fic was cancelled after only two chapters. (Though I do understand the motivation with school. There's just not enough time.)

Maybe someone else will pick it back up. I would if I had time and if I was better at writing.

You do realize you can just let someone take over, right?

Login or register to comment